PDA

View Full Version : I agree with Rudy Guiliani on this...

Yonivore
02-15-2007, 01:12 PM
The Transcript:

GIULIANI: I mean, you can look at the practical and common sense conclusion on that anyway you want. But there’s something more important than that. We have a right of free speech in this country and we elect people to make decisions. Here’s what I would prefer to see them do, though, if you ask me what’s my view on that. The nonbinding resolution thing gets me more than are you for it or against it. I have tremendous respect for the people who feel that we either made a mistake going to war, who voted against the war, who now have come to the conclusion, changed their minds, they have every right to that, that it’s wrong, you should, in a dynamic situation, keep questioning. What I don’t like is the idea of a nonbinding resolution.

KING: Because?

GIULIANI: Because there’s no decision.

KING: But it’s a statement.

GIULIANI: Yes, but that’s what you do. That’s what Tim Russert does and that’s what Rush Limbaugh does. That’s what you guys do, you make comments. We pay them to make decisions, not just to make comments. We pay them to decide. The United States Congress does declarations, the war…

KING: So if you feel that way, withhold funds and that’s the way you feel?

GIULIANI: The ones I think have a better understanding of what their responsibility is and are willing to take a risk are the ones who are saying we’ve got to hold back the funds, we’ve got to vote against the war or we’re for the war. And maybe it’s because I ran a government and I tend to be a decisive person. I like decisions. And I think one of the things wrong with Washington is they don’t want to make tough decisions anymore. Nonbinding resolution about Iraq, no decision on immigration, no decision on Social Security reform, no decision on what to do about energy independence, no decision. You know why that happens? Because it’s unpopular.
Shit or get off the pot.

If you want the U. S. to leave Iraq, defund the war. Otherwise, shut the fuck up and sit down. Your non-binding resolutions and tactics for squeezing the administration in deciding to pull out only emboldens the enemy and puts our soldiers at risk.

This newly proposed tactic to partner with anti-war groups to pressure the administration into leaving Iraq is going to put a drag on the whole war and cause people to get killed over there.

Seriously, if you want the troops out, take away the money...you control the purse. Then, it's all on the President. To do otherwise is cowardice. Yes, Master Baiter, that's what cowardice is.

ChumpDumper
02-15-2007, 01:17 PM
You mean talking shit and not following through?

Yes, that's exactly what cowardice is, coward.

boutons_
02-15-2007, 01:32 PM
"only emboldens the enemy and puts our soldiers at risk."

evidence?

The enemy, who live in Iraq and neighboring countries, absolutely know the US will leave, sooner or later. They WILL WIN the waiting game . In the meantime, they will keep killing each other, ethnically cleansing, etc, etc. And we better hope they don't turn their full force from themselves and onto the US forces.

The non-binding resolution is a way showing, documenting formally, at the time of the passage, x members were against the WH, and y members where for the WH. That IS a decision.

It's also leaves, formalizes FULL responsibility for the war, "win" or "lose", on the WH, where it has always been, and where it rests now.

The Lege KNOWS the WH will NEVER cooperate fully and openly with the (now Dem) Lege because when it was Repug Lege, the WH had very little contact and cooperation. The Repug Lege just rubber stamped whatever bullshit the WH wanted, and the WH never vetoed anything because it always got exactly what it wanted.

Guiliani is a arm-chairing chickenshit, a fucking candidate with NO responsibility for single US life in Iraq or anywhere. His talk is nothing but cheap talk from the peanut gallery, meant to promote himself as decisive rather than move the country and situation forward.

Seriously, Yoni is dubya-sucking apologist for a geo-political/security disaster with no end in site.

Seriously, the chickenshit WH knows they've started and lost Iraq, is refusing take responsibility and accountability for their Iraqi disaster, and is simply kicking Iraq withdrawal and defeat down the road, past Jan 2009, no matter how many US military lives the procrastinating costs.

Yonivore
02-15-2007, 01:38 PM

evidence?
Zawahiri taking his talking points from the DNC.

Hey, if the Iraqis have doubts about our resolve to finish the job, they're going to stop cooperating with patrols and turning in terrorists because, well, if we're leaving, they're not going to stick their necks out at a time when the resources are their to eliminate the threat if, after we leave, they're guaranteed of having those same necks sawed through.

Democrats are providing excellent propaganda material for Zawahiri to scare cooperative Iraqis into keeping their mouths shut. So, while Democrats are engaging in thier "slow bleed" strategy, our deployed soldier become more and more at risk.

Cut the funding and bring them home today, if that's how you feel. To do otherwise puts our soldiers at risk.

Oh, Gee!!
02-15-2007, 02:02 PM
W would leave the troops over there fight without funding

boutons_
02-15-2007, 02:07 PM
"Zawahiri to scare cooperative Iraqis into keeping their mouths shut."

the insurgents/civil warriors keep people's mouth shut

1) by killing lots of innocent people and threatening the recalcitrant remainder

2) by convincing people to help/comply since they can see themelves that the US and Iraqi "army/police" are not where the bets are being placed.

"polls show" that for many months now, the Iraqis think the US presence is prolonging the deaths and violence and want the the US to leave.

The Dems are being joined by a lot Repugs and neo-cunts in abandoning the Exec and its bullshit war.

The American people are overwhelming against the Exec and the war.

The Dems are responsible for nothing in Iraq. This is dubya/dickhead's war and their responsibility alone.

Yonivore
02-15-2007, 02:27 PM
W would leave the troops over there fight without funding
And how would he do that?

Oh, Gee!!
02-15-2007, 02:29 PM
And how would he do that?

by not bringing them back.

Yonivore
02-15-2007, 02:57 PM
by not bringing them back.
And what would they do when the munitions, fuel, and paid contract support ran out?

xrayzebra
02-15-2007, 03:12 PM

evidence?

The enemy, who live in Iraq and neighboring countries, absolutely know the US will leave, sooner or later. They WILL WIN the waiting game . In the meantime, they will keep killing each other, ethnically cleansing, etc, etc. And we better hope they don't turn their full force from themselves and onto the US forces.

The non-binding resolution is a way showing, documenting formally, at the time of the passage, x members were against the WH, and y members where for the WH. That IS a decision.

It's also leaves, formalizes FULL responsibility for the war, "win" or "lose", on the WH, where it has always been, and where it rests now.

The Lege KNOWS the WH will NEVER cooperate fully and openly with the (now Dem) Lege because when it was Repug Lege, the WH had very little contact and cooperation. The Repug Lege just rubber stamped whatever bullshit the WH wanted, and the WH never vetoed anything because it always got exactly what it wanted.

Guiliani is a arm-chairing chickenshit, a fucking candidate with NO responsibility for single US life in Iraq or anywhere. His talk is nothing but cheap talk from the peanut gallery, meant to promote himself as decisive rather than move the country and situation forward.

Seriously, Yoni is dubya-sucking apologist for a geo-political/security disaster with no end in site.

Seriously, the chickenshit WH knows they've started and lost Iraq, is refusing take responsibility and accountability for their Iraqi disaster, and is simply kicking Iraq withdrawal and defeat down the road, past Jan 2009, no matter how many US military lives the procrastinating costs.

Evidence.......Somali dip. There is your evidence. But
what do you care about evidence. All you want is a
defeat for your country. That is a fact.

A million VN People killed after we pulled out of
Viet Nam, twerp. More than enough evidence. You
don't want evidence of anything. Just defeat for your
country and George Bush. The big problem with folks
like you boutons, is that you are the big lie, not the
administration. WMD did exist, it was used, that is
a fact. Where did it go. No one has yet to acknowledge
that.....that is a fact. Not your BS or anyone Else's on
this board. WMD existed and was used. You cannot
deny that fact. It was used against the Kurds and
Iranian troops. Deny that you overblown twerp!

GIULIANI is correct in every respect. Congress job is
action not sticking a wet finger in the air, seeing how
the wind is blowing and passing BS resolutions.

Your biggest problem at the present is worrying that
Bush may just win in Iraq and then hopefully you will
be do like most vermin and fade into the night, never
to return.

turambar85
02-15-2007, 03:17 PM
And what would they do when the munitions, fuel, and paid contract support ran out?

Just have the poor bastards run around and slug it out. Its not like we aren't leaving the troops as sitting targets as is, why not have Bush go the extra step and let them do ultimate fighting for control of Iraq or what not.

George Gervin's Afro
02-15-2007, 03:27 PM
Come on now. When is everyone going to accept that the GOP/Bush/Yoni will sacrifice as many GIs as necessary to save face? The people fighting us in Iraq know we won't stay forever so they will just wait it out. This war was a bad idea and now Bush/Yoni will just keep digging a deeper and deeper hole. By the way I have also read Bush's fiasco in Iraq has done wonders for Bin Laden's recruitment so it looks as though the terrorists are benefitting from Bush's disaster as well. Like Bush said this mess will passed along to the next person and of course the Bushbots will blame the failure on the next president.

George Gervin's Afro
02-15-2007, 03:29 PM
Evidence.......Somali dip. There is your evidence. But
what do you care about evidence. All you want is a
defeat for your country. That is a fact.

A million VN People killed after we pulled out of
Viet Nam, twerp. More than enough evidence. You
don't want evidence of anything. Just defeat for your
country and George Bush. The big problem with folks
like you boutons, is that you are the big lie, not the
administration. WMD did exist, it was used, that is
a fact. Where did it go. No one has yet to acknowledge
that.....that is a fact. Not your BS or anyone Else's on
this board. WMD existed and was used. You cannot
deny that fact. It was used against the Kurds and
Iranian troops. Deny that you overblown twerp!

GIULIANI is correct in every respect. Congress job is
action not sticking a wet finger in the air, seeing how
the wind is blowing and passing BS resolutions.

Your biggest problem at the present is worrying that
Bush may just win in Iraq and then hopefully you will
be do like most vermin and fade into the night, never
to return.

Win in Iraq? We've already won Ray.. We defeated Saddam's army.. even Bush has admitted that this whole thing may not work but he had to give a try..of course if doesn't work you and Yoni will still be blaming everyone else but bsh..

Somalia as proof? What was the fucking mission there Ray? Since we had not mission to speak of how many GIs were we going to sacrifice for God knows what?

Yonivore
02-15-2007, 04:06 PM
Moving on...

"Top House Democrats, working in concert with anti-war groups, have decided against using congressional power to force a quick end to U.S. involvement in Iraq, and instead will pursue a slow-bleed strategy designed to gradually limit the administration's options," reports The Politico (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0207/2751.html):

Led by Rep. John P. Murtha, D-Pa., and supported by several well-funded anti-war groups, the coalition's goal is to limit or sharply reduce the number of U.S. troops available for the Iraq conflict, rather than to openly cut off funding for the war itself.

The legislative strategy will be supplemented by a multimillion-dollar TV ad campaign designed to pressure vulnerable GOP incumbents into breaking with President Bush and forcing the administration to admit that the war is politically unsustainable.

As described by participants, the goal is crafted to circumvent the biggest political vulnerability of the anti-war movement--the accusation that it is willing to abandon troops in the field. That fear is why many Democrats have remained timid in challenging Bush, even as public support for the president and his Iraq policies have plunged.
So the idea is to keep the troops in harm's way but take all steps possible to prevent them from prevailing, in the hope that the Democrats will benefit politically from American defeat. According to a press release this morning from the House Republican Conference, yesterday the Web site MoveCongress.org announcing an event this morning, declared:

Chairman Murtha will describe his strategy for not only limiting the deployment of troops to Iraq but undermining other aspects of the president's foreign and national security policy.

This language has since disappeared from the site, but, luckily, GatewayPundit captured it (http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2007/02/left-finally-admits-murtha-undermines.html) it.

http://bp3.blogger.com/_L6pDyjqqsvY/RdPF--k7JLI/AAAAAAAABpw/ZEWfsncT-ZY/s1600/murtha%2Bundermine.JPG

You don't have to agree with the president's policies to find this appalling. If Murtha thinks he has a better way, let him run for president next year and make the case. To pursue a strategy of subversion instead is cowardly and despicable.

GatewayPundit (http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2007/02/ap-finally-admits-democrats-are.html) also notices the AP is letting slip that Democrats are actively seeking to undermine our government's foreign policy:

Cached AP page (http://bp1.blogger.com/_L6pDyjqqsvY/RdRP6Ok7JNI/AAAAAAAABqI/_-ictz5Wxcs/s1600-h/ap+dems.bmp)

As GP said, "How'd that get through editing?"

George Gervin's Afro
02-15-2007, 04:20 PM
Wow. according to this website the democrats are itching for defeat. Do honestly believe that? If you do then you will never have any crediibility with me ever again. There is not one democrat I know who hopes we lose and to think that the democrats want us to lose in Iraq for a political victory? I have almost had it with you Yoni your ridiculous and and unsubstantiated websites. I could easily find outrageous Republican blogs and paint the GOPP with a broad brush but I don 't because I am intellectually honest. You and talk radio are the primary reasons why this country is so divided and I have had it. The dishonesty that talk radio spews is grotesque and nauseating but what's worse is that people like you BUY IT! Anyone who believes that the Dems want to lose is a danger to this country especially those who promote that fallicious crap.

Calling Murtha a coward? That is almost as ridiculous as calling hush and whannity heroes. You make me sick man. You really do.

You are a coward Yoni.

Let me ask you this. Would it be fair to find one website and then paint with a broad brush the entire GOP?

Oh, Gee!!
02-15-2007, 04:26 PM
Wow. according to this website the democrats are itching for defeat. Do honestly believe that? If you do then you will never have any crediibility with me ever again. There is not one democrat I know who hopes we lose and to think that the democrats want us to lose in Iraq for a political victory? I have almost had it with you Yoni your ridiculous and and unsubstantiated websites. I could easily find outrageous Republican blogs and paint the GOPP with a broad brush but I don 't because I am intellectually honest. You and talk radio are the primary reasons why this country is so divided and I have had it. The dishonesty that talk radio spews is grotesque and nauseating but what's worse is that people like you BUY IT! Anyone who believes that the Dems want to lose is a danger to this country especially those who promote that fallicious crap.

Calling Murtha a coward? That is almost as ridiculous as calling hush and whannity heroes. You make me sick man. You really do.

You are a coward Yoni.

Let me ask you this. Would it be fair to find one website and then paint with a broad brush the entire GOP?

It's easier for Yoni to believe these things than to accept what he knows is true about the war.

George Gervin's Afro
02-15-2007, 04:27 PM
It's easier for Yoni to believe these things than to accept what he knows is true about the war.

I have been listening to talk radio for to long. Those bastards have finally gotten to me.

ChumpDumper
02-15-2007, 04:34 PM
Well, Yoni has been telling us everything has been going great in Iraq for four years straight. Why should he change now?

Nbadan
02-15-2007, 04:35 PM

Classic! Heard a little ole' lady on Paul Alexander's show (of all people) this morning, saying that by not backing the WH surge plan democrats were undermining the war and endangering the troops and Paul just played along....He should have asked her, now that Saddam has been overthrown and Iraq is a M.E. democracy, what is our mission in Iraq? Would have fucken loved to hear that answer...