PDA

View Full Version : George Out with Sprained MCL...

LEONARD
02-15-2007, 02:56 PM
as much as a few weeks??

I think this will be a big blow for the Mavs...they might lose a game before the end of March now... :lol

(I think they'll lose tonight actually)

mavsfan1000
02-15-2007, 04:05 PM
I think this could be season ending. Hopefully I'm wrong but that was horrible what with George's knee. I would start looking for a replacement.

Nashfan
02-15-2007, 04:15 PM
I think this could be season ending. Hopefully I'm wrong but that was horrible what with George's knee. I would start looking for a replacement.

Are you just joking or was it that bad? Have you heard any medical results in your local paper, assuming you live in Dallas? I heard it was a sprained knee.

mavsfan1000
02-15-2007, 04:22 PM
Maybe not out for the season but 6 to 8 weeks sounds pretty severe. He probably won't be back until the playoffs.

Rip-Hamilton32
02-15-2007, 04:23 PM
hes such an important part of your team lol...

dirk4mvp
02-15-2007, 04:25 PM

He actually is a big part.

Rip-Hamilton32
02-15-2007, 04:27 PM
all he does it shoot when ever he catches the ball which is something he is not to good at doing

mavsfan1000
02-15-2007, 04:28 PM
Yeah he is important. He is the official 6th man on this team and not Stackhouse. As of late he has been starting over Harris. That shows how important he is. He hits 3's, rebounds, and shuts down Mcgrady along with some other big names. Any problems with the knee can be serious. Not something you want to hurt.

Dirk Nowitzki
02-15-2007, 04:36 PM
GOD DAMNIT! :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :madrun :madrun :madrun UGHHHH. TO THE BEST OFFSEASON PICKUP OF LAST SUMMER, THIS REALLY FUCKING BLOWS! :depressed

ponky
02-15-2007, 04:42 PM
all he does it shoot when ever he catches the ball which is something he is not to good at doing

guess you might have seen him play one game idiot...he actually has panned out well for us this season, he rebounds well and usually converts the basket on the offensive end or goes after tip-ins and he's been very careful about picking his 3s...defensively, he's been alright as well

as long as he's back by playoff time, i'm ok with it although he's been very important to our lineup

Nashfan
02-15-2007, 04:43 PM
Maybe not out for the season but 6 to 8 weeks sounds pretty severe. He probably won't be back until the playoffs.

Sorry to hear about that. :( I hear you when it comes to injuries, it seems the Suns have had their share over the last few years. :bang

Dirk Nowitzki
02-15-2007, 04:45 PM
guess you might have seen him play one game idiot...he actually has panned out well for us this season, he rebounds well and usually converts the basket on the offensive end or goes after tip-ins and he's been very careful about picking his 3s...defensively, he's been alright as well

as long as he's back by playoff time, i'm ok with it although he's been very important to our lineup

Thats why this hurts so much because he has been a big factor for us. :depressed :depressed ....Knowing Avery, he will rest George till the playoffs if he has to. Hes good at playing things safe.

ponky
02-15-2007, 04:47 PM
Sorry to hear about that. :( I hear you when it comes to injuries, it seems the Suns have had their share over the last few years. :bang

eh, as long as everyone's healthy (for any team) by playoff time nothing else really matters...we've been fortunate that mbenga is the only mav out for the season although Avery was just starting to get him going in the lineup and we could use him for certain matchups...i can take a couple of dropped games in exchange for some rest and a healthy team

ponky
02-15-2007, 04:48 PM
Thats why this hurts so much because he has been a big factor for us. :depressed :depressed ....Knowing Avery, he will rest George till the playoffs if he has to. Hes good at playing things safe.

part of it will depend on george's progress...look at dirk and how quickly he's come back from injury...anyway, this season we've won games without stackhouse, without george, without dirk, without jho, without dampier, we'll be alright. i hope he comes back maybe 1-2 weeks before playoff time though...look at last season where we had something like four guys with injuries in april, let's just hope it's not like that!

LEONARD
02-15-2007, 05:00 PM
They're saying a few weeks on local radio...

Watched many Mavs games this season???

mabber
02-15-2007, 05:05 PM
[QUOTE=LEONARD]They're saying a few weeks on local radio...

They can afford to be extra careful with bringing him back as long as Buckner is healthy. He's basically the same player.

TheMulvany
02-15-2007, 05:33 PM

Umm...are you an idiot? He's a very good defender and rebounder. A hustle player that is very smart. You're one to talk, "Rip Hamilton32" when you probably love Chris Webber as the starting center for your team. I can't wait to see Webber guarding Shaq. That's going to be comedy gold.

Bruno
02-15-2007, 05:44 PM
It's the same injury than Bonner : the diagnostics when a surgery isn't needed is 2-6 weeks.

Rip-Hamilton32
02-15-2007, 08:15 PM
Umm...are you an idiot? He's a very good defender and rebounder. A hustle player that is very smart. You're one to talk, "Rip Hamilton32" when you probably love Chris Webber as the starting center for your team. I can't wait to see Webber guarding Shaq. That's going to be comedy gold.

lol oh yeah putting webber on shaq is smart, thats why we have dale davis, btw if you guys think that 6.5 ppg is gonna win you a championship your dumb, and btw ive watched him play many times in LA and he was better there then he is in dallas

StylisticS
02-15-2007, 08:50 PM
lol oh yeah putting webber on shaq is smart, thats why we have dale davis, btw if you guys think that 6.5 ppg is gonna win you a championship your dumb, and btw ive watched him play many times in LA and he was better there then he is in dallas
He is not here for his offense. He is here for his defense. He will not need to score 20 points per game. But he can hit a big shot and make key stops at key times. That's why we got him.

I think he's out 2 weeks.

Budkin
02-15-2007, 09:59 PM
You guys have such a deep freaking bench I wouldn't worry about it too much.

LakeShow
02-15-2007, 10:27 PM
That has always been the problem with George. INJURIES! He's always hurt and out for awhile. When he comes back, he's not much help. If he's out for more than a month, you can forget about him. I'm sure the mavs were smart enough to check out his history. They'll pick up somebody, they better.

Flight3107
02-16-2007, 12:17 AM
George is out 2-3 weeks

ponky
02-16-2007, 02:02 AM
That has always been the problem with George. INJURIES! He's always hurt and out for awhile. When he comes back, he's not much help. If he's out for more than a month, you can forget about him. I'm sure the mavs were smart enough to check out his history. They'll pick up somebody, they better.

Well, he was injured earlier this season and he was a HUGE boost from the bench upon his return. I'll stick with keeping him for awhile.

Shank
02-16-2007, 03:12 AM
2-3 weeks like Flight said. If it's 2 week, he'll miss 5 games. 8 games if it's the 3 weeks.

ponky
02-17-2007, 06:22 PM
haha, pop mensah bonsu has 25 points right now and is schoolin' the west in this d-league all-star game...it sucks that devean is out but maybe pops will get some time since they recalled him a couple of days ago