PDA

View Full Version : Pop Show today?

Budkin
02-15-2007, 03:56 PM
Anyone know if Walter and Vex will be talking with Pop today and what time? Thanks.

Kori Ellis
02-15-2007, 04:05 PM
I believe there is a Pop Show today at 4:30pm.

Kori Ellis
02-15-2007, 04:15 PM
Actually I've been told it's probably closer to 4:20pm

MoSpur
02-15-2007, 04:44 PM
Cool. Thanks Kori

Budkin
02-15-2007, 05:12 PM
Just tuned in and waiting now. Thanks Kori!

Budkin
02-15-2007, 05:24 PM
Pop show on now.

doldrums
02-15-2007, 05:28 PM
can someone brief me on what he said

MoSpur
02-15-2007, 05:30 PM
Interesting that he said, Elson picked up the system pretty quickly. I don't see it though. He is doing a decent job, but Pop said he is doing a good job picking up the defense.

MoSpur
02-15-2007, 05:31 PM
Pop also said, Melvin Ely is a proven scorer in the NBA.

MoSpur
02-15-2007, 05:34 PM
According to Pop, Ely needs to get into shape and then give him a shot to see what he brings.

T Park
02-15-2007, 05:35 PM
Pop speak for, If Elson keeps playing well we will bring Ely slowly, if Elson slips up, Ely gets to show his stuff.

nkdlunch
02-15-2007, 05:38 PM
Pop speak for, If Elson keeps playing well we will bring Ely slowly, if Elson slips up, Ely gets to show his stuff.

why would that be the case?

regardless, they'd want him to show his stuff. Plus even with Elson playing well, we still need help

MoSpur
02-15-2007, 05:45 PM
Pop said Tim Hardaway is going to really regret saying what he said. No. Really?????

Kori Ellis
02-15-2007, 05:47 PM
So far he has said that Manu being on the bench has helped Manu and Brent Barry, but they will continue to evaluate and see if that needs to change.

He said he doesn't evaluate one game at a time, so he doesn't get high about one game or down about one loss, so basically wants them to play well for four or five games in row before he can judge anything.

As other posters said, he said Elson is coming along nicely.

He talked about Ely and how he's a good low post scorer and might be able to provide that with TimmyD is off the floor. He said once he gets in shape, they'll give him a shot and see what he can do.

He is now talking about Tim Hardaway.

Kori Ellis
02-15-2007, 05:49 PM
Now a caller is calling him out for putting Bowen in near the end of the Magic game :lol

Kori Ellis
02-15-2007, 05:49 PM
He explained that they needed Bowen on defense on the next play and didn't know if the Magic were going to call a timeout to get him in.

Kori Ellis
02-15-2007, 05:50 PM
The caller asked if there should have been more time on the clock after the Howard dunk. Pop said that there should have been .5 on the clock but that's not something they review.

He said it is going to be discussed at the meetings at AllStar weekend to see if that rule (lack of review) needs to change.

T Park
02-15-2007, 05:51 PM
The San Antonio coaches association.

Knowing more than a 3 time world champion since 1997.

Kori Ellis
02-15-2007, 05:53 PM
Regarding Manu coming off the bench ...

Allows Manu to be in the game and get more touches without Tony/Tim in with him.

Allows Manu to play against bench players (obvious Spurs advantage).

Allows Barry to get into rhthym.

MoSpur
02-15-2007, 05:54 PM
Pop said Jame White is not on the same level of Stephen Jackson at this point. He stated that White would take more time to develop and that he might sit out the rest of the season.

Budkin
02-15-2007, 05:54 PM
Pop saying White will most likely sit the rest of the season. :wtf

duncandaman
02-15-2007, 05:55 PM
when or where does the pop show come on at?

Kori Ellis
02-15-2007, 05:55 PM
He said James White will NOT be in the DLeague All-Star game because the Spurs called him up - so he isn't allowed to play in that game.

He said he's behind in development as compared to say, Stephen Jackson in his first season with the Spurs. And that he likely won't play this season.

Kori Ellis
02-15-2007, 05:57 PM
when or where does the pop show come on at?

The day of the week varies on Pop's schedule but it's normally around 4:30pm on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday and it's on Ticket 760 radio. Ticket760.com

duncandaman
02-15-2007, 05:58 PM
thanks kori

Kori Ellis
02-15-2007, 05:59 PM
It's over now.

TMTTRIO
02-15-2007, 06:08 PM
Regarding Manu coming off the bench ...

Allows Manu to be in the game and get more touches without Tony/Tim in with him.

Allows Manu to play against bench players (obvious Spurs advantage).

Allows Barry to get into rhthym.

I don't mind Manu coming off the bench and it seems to be working alright but why is it that he does it all the time near the end of the season. If your going to bench him why doesn't he do it from the start so that Manu can at least win 6th Man Of the Year Award every year :p: and do all these things from the start. On the other hand I remember Manu saying one year that he didn't want to be known as a 6th Man even though he is so I guess he would hate that award :lol .Oh well Manu's good to do it without complaining. Even Barkley and Charles Smith say he could be an All Star and starter for any other team.

T Park
02-15-2007, 06:12 PM
White isn't ready. No kidding.

Im sure this is a fireable offense.

T Park
02-15-2007, 06:13 PM
Even Barkley and Charles Smith say he could be an All Star and starter for any other team.

Kenny Smith?

He could be. Tony parker could be a 28 and 8 guy for other teams too as well.

Tim Duncan without Parker and Ginobili could prob average 30 a game.

It goes on and on

ChumpDumper
02-15-2007, 06:35 PM
White isn't ready. No kidding.I'm content with his practicing with the Spurs the rest of the season. The Toros may lose a few games because of it, but I want Justin Bowen to get as much playing time as possible. He's an interesting player who started to see more regular time once White was called up.

Fabbs
02-15-2007, 06:41 PM
why would that be the case?

regardless, they'd want him to show his stuff. Plus even with Elson playing well, we still need help
Exactly. And he is "out of shape"? What is this, more Butler loafing around b.s.?

Go Pat Riley on their ass and deactivate them without pay till they are in shape.
How does an active NBA millionaire be allowed to be out of shape?
Enabler Pop.

ChumpDumper
02-15-2007, 06:44 PM
You are blaming Pop for letting a guy get out of shape while he was a member of a different team?

T Park
02-15-2007, 06:49 PM
More Fabbs brilliant logic.

FromWayDowntown
02-15-2007, 06:54 PM
Go Pat Riley on their ass and deactivate them without pay till they are in shape.
How does an active NBA millionaire be allowed to be out of shape?
Enabler Pop.

And even if Pop could somehow control the conditioning level of players on other rosters, I'm not entirely sure what the complaint is -- the players who aren't in shape are being deactivated. It's not like an out-of-shape Jackie Butler is in uniform every night and has been putting in monster minutes. For now at least, it appears that Pop intends to deactivate Ely too. What's the problem?

SsKSpurs21
02-15-2007, 09:12 PM
with the lack of rebounding being a concern...was there any mention of Jackie Butler and why he has not seen rotation minutes?

is he not developing like planned and is also on "the stephen jackson plan"?

ChumpDumper
02-15-2007, 09:16 PM
with the lack of rebounding being a concern...was there any mention of Jackie Butler and why he has not seen rotation minutes?Did you see the last time he played? Jacque Vaughn outrebounded him.

Wait til next season.

gospursgojas
02-15-2007, 10:01 PM
What did he say about Tim Hardaway

Budkin
02-15-2007, 11:24 PM
He said he guessed he was going to regret saying that. :lol

Fabbs
02-15-2007, 11:34 PM
You are blaming Pop for letting a guy get out of shape while he was a member of a different team?
Butler was signed by the Spurs what, 9 months ago? Yeah, i blame Pop and the Spurs for accepting him in camp as they did. Glad he is making progress.

As for newbie Ely, if he is benched due to being out of shape, sure i would say no pay while you are deFlabbing.

T_park yes, more time for Ely and Butler could mean less snuggle time for you Pop n Fins. Sorry.

Kori Ellis
02-15-2007, 11:48 PM
Butler was signed by the Spurs what, 9 months ago? Yeah, i blame Pop and the Spurs for accepting him in camp as they did.

What do you mean accepting him in camp as they did? He came to San Antonio and started working out with the Spurs shortly after he was signed. What's to blame Pop about? :wtf

As for newbie Ely, if he is benched due to being out of shape, sure i would say no pay while you are deFlabbing.

:lol He's not fat like Butler was. Pop was just saying that he's not in game shape because he hasn't been playing in games. So they aren't going to throw him in for 20 minutes a night when he steps off the plane. He will work his way into game shape through a training regimen and then they'll see what he can bring.