PDA

View Full Version : LOSS Angeles Lakers

Johnny RIngo
02-16-2007, 02:06 AM
5 game losing streak...LMFAO!!!

Will the Lakers beat Boston's 18 game losing streak??
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art3/kobeinside.jpg

http://nuno.typepad.com/nbafanblog/images/kobe_cry.jpg

Johnny RIngo
02-16-2007, 02:36 AM
Here's a better question:

Will the Lakers even make the playoffs? I say NO. They look like a group of disorganized posers. I don't think anybody's going to be worried about such a weakass team in the playoffs(assuming they even make it)

http://www.thelakerssuck.com/images/crying2.jpg http://fouad.sportblog.fr/images/mn/1117926523.jpg

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6617/2340/320/KobeMaggot.0.jpg

boutons_
02-16-2007, 10:35 AM
"Will the Lakers even make the playoffs?"

Very probably.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/standings?season=2007&group=conference&seasontype=2

Lakers probably come in 6th or 7th. Spurs probably open vs Rockets.

There are 5 teams today with a shot at 8th. That should provide some motivation for the last 4 weeks of season.

Purple & Gold
02-16-2007, 11:13 AM
They will make the playoffs. And whoever sleeps on them in the playoffs will be in for a nasty surprise.

Texas_Ranger
02-16-2007, 12:03 PM
The Lakers will 100% make the playoffs.

nkdlunch
02-16-2007, 12:09 PM
great thread!

Lp26
02-16-2007, 03:36 PM
Strange to say, but they seem to be REALLY affected by the loss of Kwame Brown. He was their interior defense. Bynum is still too young and all he does it foul.

They'll be fine once the team is healthy.

Mixability
02-16-2007, 06:10 PM
Isn't this Laker hate 3 years too late?

Medvedenko
02-16-2007, 06:19 PM
They are getting hurt inside and out...the loss of Kwame and Luke really hurt. Plus Odom is not himself after the injury yet...oh and they have Smush fucking parker as their starting PG.

ShackO
02-16-2007, 06:54 PM
Isn't this Laker hate 3 years too late?

????? It is never to late to hate on the lakers..........

Great pict................... I will have to add it to my collection...... THNX

http://fouad.sportblog.fr/images/mn/1117926523.jpg

Obstructed_View
02-16-2007, 09:24 PM
If they spent a little more time concentrating on the game and a little less time bitching about calls or trying to wind up the crowd they might have a better chance to win. Jesus, there were at least three Lakers complaining on every single trip up or down the court last night.

Amare_32
02-16-2007, 09:28 PM
If they spent a little more time concentrating on the game and a little less time bitching about calls or trying to wind up the crowd they might have a better chance to win. Jesus, there were at least three Lakers complaining on every single trip up or down the court last night.

Thats true but it seems Kobe is never fouled. If it had been Wade getting all that physical contact from the Cavs it would have been 15-20 freethrow attempts for Wade. I can understand why Kobe felt the need to be upset to the point of getting a technical.

ShackO
02-16-2007, 09:42 PM

It is the poor team leader suffering from star neglect...... Life is now just a little bit harder w/out the calls................

I feel his pain................ :rolleyes

:dramaquee

Obstructed_View
02-17-2007, 11:14 AM
Thats true but it seems Kobe is never fouled. If it had been Wade getting all that physical contact from the Cavs it would have been 15-20 freethrow attempts for Wade. I can understand why Kobe felt the need to be upset to the point of getting a technical.
First of all, what fucking game were you watching? I saw a game where they took a hundred free throws and Kobe had more attempts than anyone but LeBron. Using the term "never fouled" in that type of game is comical.

And I'm not talking about Kobe's technical, which you knew was coming at the first opportunity. I'm talking about every single time the whistle blew for the entire second half where every one of his teammates threw their arms up in the air or stomped around like my two year old when he gets in trouble. I'm not sure why the officials didn't just T them up earlier to get it under control. I have a feeling we'll be seeing the same shit in Miami and Dallas and Denver before long.

Purple & Gold
02-19-2007, 12:58 AM
First of all, what fucking game were you watching? I saw a game where they took a hundred free throws and Kobe had more attempts than anyone but LeBron. Using the term "never fouled" in that type of game is comical.

And I'm not talking about Kobe's technical, which you knew was coming at the first opportunity. I'm talking about every single time the whistle blew for the entire second half where every one of his teammates threw their arms up in the air or stomped around like my two year old when he gets in trouble. I'm not sure why the officials didn't just T them up earlier to get it under control. I have a feeling we'll be seeing the same shit in Miami and Dallas and Denver before long.
WTF are you talking about?? You either didn't watch the game or you can't comprehend what you were watching. I don't condone Kobe asking for calls, but it's obvious he doesn't get the calls that other superstars get. It's laughable how one-sided it is. And they kept throwing up their arms frustrated with the refs because it was getting ridiculous how bad the calls were. I also don't condone that, but there is nothing worse than a late whistle. Something the Cavs, and especially Lebron, were getting way to much of.

TheNextGen
02-19-2007, 03:07 AM
Lol...Kobe hasnt got superstar calls for the last 3 years.

Did you see Wade at the all star game...thats what happens to him when refs dont whistle. :elephant

Sacramental
02-19-2007, 03:37 AM
who cares about the lakers.

mavsfan1000
02-19-2007, 04:13 AM
I believe Shaq brought the refs with him to Miami. Now Wade is getting the Kobe treatment.

Johnny RIngo
02-22-2007, 01:19 AM
Fakers lose again! LMFAO!!!

That's 6 straight losses hahaha!!

Flopper
02-22-2007, 01:26 AM
indeed. they did lost.

Purple & Gold
02-22-2007, 01:29 AM
Fakers lose again! LMFAO!!!

That's 6 straight losses hahaha!!
Yes it's not looking good. Won't win without a trade. But if I was a Spur fan I wouldn't be jumping for joy since half the Lakers roster is out.

ponky
02-22-2007, 01:31 AM
Yes it's not looking good. Won't win without a trade. But if I was a Spur fan I wouldn't be jumping for joy since half the Lakers roster is out.

it's sucking right now but they'll get back...just don't slide too much and let's hope luke and kwame come back soon...i think the warriors have now tied with the nuggets in standing and now that j-righ is back that team can continue to improve...ugh, the west is so uncertain right now with all the injuries

Purple & Gold
02-22-2007, 01:34 AM
it's sucking right now but they'll get back...just don't slide too much and let's hope luke and kwame come back soon...i think the warriors have now tied with the nuggets in standing and now that j-righ is back that team can continue to improve...ugh, the west is so uncertain right now with all the injuries
Well without a better PG the best we will be is spoilers if that. As long as we don't fall to 8th I'll be happy. Facing Dallas in the first round could get ugly for the Lakers. I'm not as concerned if we meet the Suns or Spurs.

tlongII
02-22-2007, 10:50 AM
Beautiful win last night by the Blazers! I LOVED giving Phil Jackson his first 6 game losing streak. SWEET!

trueD
02-22-2007, 10:56 AM
Check this out, from the L.A. Times:

Lamar Odom, who had 16 points, seven rebounds and three assists, attributed it to "maybe a little bit of a chemistry problem."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers22feb22,0,3826283.story?coll=la-home-sports

Chris Childs
02-22-2007, 10:59 AM
Enjoying Life! :)

sandeepgm
02-22-2007, 12:09 PM
From one report i read, seemed that kobe and lamar was not getting along too well..Dont know where i read it but will see if i have a link. Most probably a vescey report.

TheNextGen
02-22-2007, 05:37 PM
How to beat the Lakers:

1) Guard Lamars left hand, watch him shoot 3's.
2) Fly by Smush Parker
3) Double team Kobe at the 4th quarter

Obstructed_View
02-22-2007, 08:38 PM
WTF are you talking about?? You either didn't watch the game or you can't comprehend what you were watching. I don't condone Kobe asking for calls, but it's obvious he doesn't get the calls that other superstars get. It's laughable how one-sided it is. And they kept throwing up their arms frustrated with the refs because it was getting ridiculous how bad the calls were. I also don't condone that, but there is nothing worse than a late whistle. Something the Cavs, and especially Lebron, were getting way to much of.

Douche: Kobe is second in the NBA in free throw attempts. You have to be about the dumbest motherfucking homer there is.

Purple & Gold
02-23-2007, 11:49 AM
Douche: Kobe is second in the NBA in free throw attempts. You have to be about the dumbest motherfucking homer there is.
Watch the fucking games stupid ass. There's no comparison and it's not even close. You either; don't watch the Lakers play, are too stupid to know what you're watching, watch them play with Laker/Kobe hating glasses on, or are just plain dishonest. Either way you're a waste of time.

Obstructed_View
02-23-2007, 10:26 PM
Watch the fucking games stupid ass. There's no comparison and it's not even close. You either; don't watch the Lakers play, are too stupid to know what you're watching, watch them play with Laker/Kobe hating glasses on, or are just plain dishonest. Either way you're a waste of time.
I watched the particular game you mentioned where Kobe got a trip to the line almost every single time he bothered to go into the paint, which wasn't very much, yet he still took fifteen free throws and his team complained like a bunch of fucking vaginas because they expected the officials to bail them out when they can't win. Of course, only 42 trips to the line is scandalous. This is the Lakers we're talking about.

Give me a fucking break. At least I bring facts to the discussion.

Purple & Gold
02-23-2007, 11:04 PM
I watched the particular game you mentioned where Kobe got a trip to the line almost every single time he bothered to go into the paint
*Cough* Bullshit

Now I know you're being dishonest.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-24-2007, 12:06 AM
Lakers will win it tonight. Heh, I think have a record for staying under a streak of Six Losses. At least under Phil Jackson.

td4mvp21
02-24-2007, 12:10 AM
LMFAO Kobe gets hardcore star treatment, just like the rest of the superstars.

Obstructed_View
02-24-2007, 12:20 PM
Lakers will win it tonight. Heh, I think have a record for staying under a streak of Six Losses. At least under Phil Jackson.
What a bold prediction, considering they played the Celtics. ;)

Obstructed_View
02-24-2007, 12:28 PM
*Cough* Bullshit

Now I know you're being dishonest.
Okay, according to the shot chart on ESPN Kobe had sixteen of his 22 shots from outside the paint. He had fifteen trips to the line. "Honesty" would be you admitting that you want the officials to bail out your all-star when he shoots jumpers and expects to be rewarded for it.

Kobe was saving himself for the all-star game and you fucking know it. Vent your hostility toward him.

Purple & Gold
02-24-2007, 07:21 PM
Okay, according to the shot chart on ESPN Kobe had sixteen of his 22 shots from outside the paint. He had fifteen trips to the line. "Honesty" would be you admitting that you want the officials to bail out your all-star when he shoots jumpers and expects to be rewarded for it.

Kobe was saving himself for the all-star game and you fucking know it. Vent your hostility toward him.
And how does this shot chart prove if he was or wasn't getting calls when he was fouled? You sound like a dumb sabermetric fuck. Saving himself for the all-star game?? :rolleyes You probably think he was on the grassy knoll. Get the fuck out of here. Take off your Kobe hating glasses, it's obstructing your view.

Purple & Gold
02-24-2007, 07:23 PM
LMFAO Kobe gets hardcore star treatment, just like the rest of the superstars.
The comparison was to Lebron James, because that's who they played. And it was obviously lopsided.

trueD
02-24-2007, 08:21 PM
From one report i read, seemed that kobe and lamar was not getting along too well..Dont know where i read it but will see if i have a link. Most probably a vescey report.

From the 2/22 L.A. Times:

Lamar Odom, who had 16 points, seven rebounds and three assists, attributed it [losing] to "maybe a little bit of a chemistry problem."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-lakers22feb22,0,3826283.story?coll=la-home-sports

trueD
02-24-2007, 08:29 PM
Bryant's 22-point first quarter against the Celts at Staples Center Friday night spoke volumnes: Kobe can turn it on when a win really matters. The "mattering" part, a six game losing streak, motivated and tweaked Lakers leading scorer just enough to pick up the ball and shoot. Finally.

Color me impressed.

What next, Kobe dishes to teammates from his favorite shooting spots during a first round elimination game instead of shooting the ball--just to make a point?

Oh, wait...

Purple & Gold
02-24-2007, 08:34 PM
Lamar Odom can call it whatever he wants, but it's a lack of defense. They don't play defense.

td4mvp21
02-24-2007, 08:49 PM
The comparison was to Lebron James, because that's who they played. And it was obviously lopsided.
So the fuck what, Kobe gets lopsided calls enough, just like every other superstar. You sound really stupid complaining about how Kobe doesn't get any foul calls. That's bullshit.

Bob Lanier
02-24-2007, 09:22 PM
Kobe Bryant gets the same kind of calls that superstars like Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki, Tracy McGrady, and Gilbert Arenas get: favorable calls slightly beyond the furthest conceivable benefit of the doubt.

He does not get kind of calls that pillars of NBA marketing like Shaquille O'Neal, LeBron James, or Dwyane Wade get: fundamental rules completely ignored or re-adjusted for their benefit.

Will the zebras give Kobe a call whenever they can? Yes. But they don't go out of their way to get caught up in his 'excitement' to an unusual extent.

It should be noted that Bryant, like the others in the first category, is extremely fundamentally sound and does not rely on foul calls for his points to the degree that fundamentally unsound free-wheelers like O'Neal or James, or a whiny bitch like Wade, do.

1Parker1
02-24-2007, 09:55 PM
Smush Parker is the reason the Lakers won't get past the first round. Dude sucks I don't know why PJ won't start Vujucic (sp?) or Farmar over him....

Purple & Gold
02-24-2007, 10:22 PM
So the fuck what, Kobe gets lopsided calls enough, just like every other superstar. You sound really stupid complaining about how Kobe doesn't get any foul calls. That's bullshit.
Read it again asshole. I'm not saying he doesn't get any calls. I was commenting on that game and the reason that Kobe and the rest of the Lakers were complaining. I don't condone asking for calls, but it's understandable why they would during that game.

Purple & Gold
02-24-2007, 10:46 PM
Smush Parker is the reason the Lakers won't get past the first round. Dude sucks I don't know why PJ won't start Vujucic (sp?) or Farmar over him....
I have to agree that Smush Parker sucks as a starter. He would be a good backup IMO.

Obstructed_View
02-25-2007, 10:50 AM
And how does this shot chart prove if he was or wasn't getting calls when he was fouled? You sound like a dumb sabermetric fuck. Saving himself for the all-star game?? :rolleyes You probably think he was on the grassy knoll. Get the fuck out of here. Take off your Kobe hating glasses, it's obstructing your view.
Oh, sorry. I guess you are the only one who can look at the free throw attempts stat in order to make your point that poor little Kobe didn't get enough trips to the line to bail out your shitty team. I won't try to point out how many outside shots Kobe took because it makes you stamp your wittle feet.

Kobe wasn't saving himself for the all-star game, it was Cleveland's smothering defense that shut him down, coupled with the officials only sending the lakers to the line 45 times.

Dumb. Fuck. Laker. Moron.

Obstructed_View
02-25-2007, 11:10 AM
It should be noted that Bryant, like the others in the first category, is extremely fundamentally sound and does not rely on foul calls for his points to the degree that fundamentally unsound free-wheelers like O'Neal or James, or a whiny bitch like Wade, do.
Kobe gets 28 percent of his points from free throws, good for second among the scoring leaders. Nobody is suggesting that he goes into the paint to draw fouls more than Wade does, are they?

Personally, I don't see how drawing fouls and going to the free throw line could be considered fundamentally unsound. Wade and Kobe both do it, so they are either both really good or both really bad. You can't use the same argument to praise one and bad-mouth the other.

Purple & Gold
02-25-2007, 01:25 PM
Oh, sorry. I guess you are the only one who can look at the free throw attempts stat in order to make your point that poor little Kobe didn't get enough trips to the line to bail out your shitty team. I won't try to point out how many outside shots Kobe took because it makes you stamp your wittle feet.

Kobe wasn't saving himself for the all-star game, it was Cleveland's smothering defense that shut him down, coupled with the officials only sending the lakers to the line 45 times.

Dumb. Fuck. Laker. Moron.
Fuck your stupid. Free throw stats? What free throw stats? Your little shot chart? Your talking about one game that you supposedly watched. If you watched it you would understand that if you're not getting calls you're gonna shoot more jumpers. The refs do affect how a player plays in a game. And since when can a player only get fouled in the paint or get fouled and pass the ball instead of shooting. That shit doesn't show up in your shot chart. If it was a complete season I would say ok it gives you an "idea" of what happened. But for 1 game that you supposedly watched. I'm sure you did watch the game, but you can't see shit through your Laker and Kobe hate. And for the record asshole the Cavs went to the line 55 times and Lebron went 22 times. But since I did watch the game I can tell you that many of those were late whistles where they wait to see if they make the shot and only blow the whistle if it's a miss. That would piss off any team. So STFU because you have no idea of what you're talking about.

Purple & Gold
02-25-2007, 01:26 PM
Kobe gets 28 percent of his points from free throws, good for second among the scoring leaders. Nobody is suggesting that he goes into the paint to draw fouls more than Wade does, are they?

Personally, I don't see how drawing fouls and going to the free throw line could be considered fundamentally unsound. Wade and Kobe both do it, so they are either both really good or both really bad. You can't use the same argument to praise one and bad-mouth the other.
Watch the games more you sabermetric fuck.

dave
02-25-2007, 03:09 PM
http://www.losanjealous.com/img/colonelphil.jpg

dallaskd
02-26-2007, 06:13 PM
evans is a beast.

missmyzte
02-27-2007, 12:58 AM
Lakers 3 game winning streak now ....

Purple & Gold
02-27-2007, 11:29 AM
Lakers 3 game winning streak now ....
:clap :clap Big win against Utah. We sure did need that.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-27-2007, 11:30 AM
http://www.losanjealous.com/img/colonelphil.jpgnice

Purple & Gold
02-27-2007, 11:31 AM
^^ That shit does look funny. :lol

Obstructed_View
02-27-2007, 05:10 PM
Watch the games more you sabermetric fuck.
I watched the game, but you made the ridiculous statement that Kobe doesn't get the calls that other superstars get just because the other team and their superstar dared to get more free throw attempts, when my original statement had nothing to do with Kobe; you brought it up with that asinine statement.

There isn't anything to support what you say, be it free throw attempts, points in the paint, or just watching how many jumpers he jacks up in a game, so I guess name calling's the best you can do.

You are aware that sabermetrics are related to baseball, right?

Purple & Gold
02-28-2007, 01:11 AM
I watched the game, but you made the ridiculous statement that Kobe doesn't get the calls that other superstars get just because the other team and their superstar dared to get more free throw attempts, when my original statement had nothing to do with Kobe; you brought it up with that asinine statement.

There isn't anything to support what you say, be it free throw attempts, points in the paint, or just watching how many jumpers he jacks up in a game, so I guess name calling's the best you can do.

You are aware that sabermetrics are related to baseball, right?
Watch the Lakers play more often and you would know it's not ridiculous or asinine. And it's not because he dared to get more free throws, reread what I wrote since you have a problem with reading comprehension. And BTW who cares what your original statement was about, you made your opinions clear.

Don't worry I know exactly what sabermetrics is. It's that moneyball theory that has moved into basketball which all those bullshit stats like PER and EFG are based on. It allows people that don't watch games or players to have what they consider "valid" opinions on them. It's ruining basketball just like it has baseball.

As for "name calling". I don't talk shit until somebody else does. And then it's free game as far as I'm concerned. If you don't want to be called a sabermetric fuck try watching the games without your hating glasses on and don't try to talk shit first.

Obstructed_View
02-28-2007, 05:41 PM
And BTW who cares what your original statement was about, you made your opinions clear.
I guess you are right. My opinion that you are an ignorant Laker Homer douchebag hasn't changed at all. Each one of your posts just reinforces it. Kobe doesn't get the calls everyone else gets, but he spends less time in the paint and takes more free throws than everyone but Wade, who you have zero respect for. And stats are for sabermetric fucks. Yep. Laker fan ranting if I ever heard it.

Bruno
02-28-2007, 05:50 PM
Lakers are only 3 games behind Rockets : they should stop winning. I don't want to see a Spurs/Rockets first round (if Spurs keep the 3rd seed and Rockets slip to the 6th seed). Even if Lakers won't be easy to beat, I rather face them than Houston.

Purple & Gold
02-28-2007, 11:53 PM
I guess you are right. My opinion that you are an ignorant Laker Homer douchebag hasn't changed at all. Each one of your posts just reinforces it. Kobe doesn't get the calls everyone else gets, but he spends less time in the paint and takes more free throws than everyone but Wade, who you have zero respect for. And stats are for sabermetric fucks. Yep. Laker fan ranting if I ever heard it.
OK well since you're so smart why don't you show me the stat that shows if a player is getting questionable calls or not. The stat that takes into account if a player is bailed out at the end of a shot clock, gets the questionable calls during crunch time, and whether or not the other team is getting the same calls. I have yet to see that on a box score. As for Wade I think he is an excellent player. Top 5 in the league.

Johnny RIngo
03-03-2007, 02:13 AM
Lakers lose again! LOL! Props to the Kings

Kobe needs to spend less time dressing like a 2-bit pimp and work on his team skillz IMO

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/2838/947/1600/56713260.jpg

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-03-2007, 03:16 AM
I'm impressed by Kobe's average of dimes. He gets them in, while still managing to take 20 + shots.

Johnny RIngo
03-16-2007, 03:24 AM
Phil Jackson's got a new record: first 7 game losing streak of his career!

Think the Lakers will go for 8 now?

Obstructed_View
03-16-2007, 06:02 AM
OK well since you're so smart why don't you show me the stat that shows if a player is getting questionable calls or not. The stat that takes into account if a player is bailed out at the end of a shot clock, gets the questionable calls during crunch time, and whether or not the other team is getting the same calls. I have yet to see that on a box score. As for Wade I think he is an excellent player. Top 5 in the league.
Wait a second, I thought you hated stats? Oh yeah, that's because they make you look like a blind homer. If the sabermetric fucks came up with that stat I'm sure that Kobe would more than hold his own, and that you'd then scream about something else.

Since you blatantly ignore the stat where Kobe goes to the line more than all but three guys in the NBA, including the guy you complained about originally...

I love how people mention the fact that two of Kobe's elbows to the head of other players weren't whistled for fouls yet in the same breath talk about how the officials and the league are out to get him. I sure hope the Lakers start winning soon before someone gets seriously injured.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-16-2007, 06:50 AM
Phil Jackson's got a new record: first 7 game losing streak of his career!

Think the Lakers will go for 8 now?
If Phil keeps whining about being victimized by the NBA by proxy to Kobe... I'll believe it will be his Karma's payment.

Purple & Gold
03-16-2007, 11:40 AM
Wait a second, I thought you hated stats? Oh yeah, that's because they make you look like a blind homer. If the sabermetric fucks came up with that stat I'm sure that Kobe would more than hold his own, and that you'd then scream about something else.

Since you blatantly ignore the stat where Kobe goes to the line more than all but three guys in the NBA, including the guy you complained about originally...

I love how people mention the fact that two of Kobe's elbows to the head of other players weren't whistled for fouls yet in the same breath talk about how the officials and the league are out to get him. I sure hope the Lakers start winning soon before someone gets seriously injured.
Wow, it sure did take you a long time to come up with a response for that. Did you come up with this one by yourself? And no I don't hate stats, I use them all the time. I'm just laughing at you for thinking that stats can tell you if somebody is getting questionable calls or not. YOU NEED TO WATCH THE GAME. Stats are very valuable when looking at certain things. Not so much when looking at other things. So again I ask you what are these stats that people keep that tell you if a player is getting questionable calls or not.

Chris Childs
03-16-2007, 11:49 AM
Wow, it sure did take you a long time to come up with a response for that. Did you come up with this one by yourself? And no I don't hate stats, I use them all the time. I'm just laughing at you for thinking that stats can tell you if somebody is getting questionable calls or not. YOU NEED TO WATCH THE GAME. Stats are very valuable when looking at certain things. Not so much when looking at other things. So again I ask you what are these stats that people keep that tell you if a player is getting questionable calls or not.

http://www.wherethegoldat.com/nincomfuckingpoop/shutyoass2_2.gif

Purple & Gold
03-16-2007, 11:52 AM
Chris Childs is a bitch. :lmao

Burn531
03-17-2007, 12:04 AM
Kobe has 56. going to overtime.