Kori Ellis
02-16-2007, 02:46 AM
:toast

Horry For 3!
02-17-2007, 09:41 PM
Wade :tu

johngateswhiteley
02-17-2007, 10:00 PM
skills challenge sucked. i seriously would have won that thing...those guys were going slow as hell.

Horry For 3!
02-17-2007, 10:02 PM
skills challenge sucked. i seriously would have won that thing...those guys were going slow as hell.
:lmao

johngateswhiteley
02-17-2007, 10:03 PM

hey, laugh it up. but you've never seen me play any sports. furthermore, i think they could beat me if they went all out, but they sucked ass...they were going slow. basketball isn't my game...but i would have won that thing.

Horry For 3!
02-17-2007, 10:04 PM
hey, laugh it up. but you've never seen me play any sports. furthermore, i think they could beat me if they went all out, but they sucked ass...they were going slow.
The record was 25. somethin by Nash and Wade got 26.4. You'd have no chance to win.

Horry For 3!
02-17-2007, 10:05 PM
P.S. If you are so good, why aren't you in the NBA?

johngateswhiteley
02-17-2007, 10:05 PM
The record was 25. somethin by Nash and Wade got 26.4. You'd have no chance to win.

nash isn't fast. and his record, i believe, was 25.6 or 25.8.

johngateswhiteley
02-17-2007, 10:07 PM
P.S. If you are so good, why aren't you in the NBA?

who said i was good at basketball? that and i am a rugby player...i've never even played team basketball before. but i am much faster and quicker than those guys and in this type of test that would come into play. making a few passes, layups, and dribbling around objects is something i could do faster than many, imo. but actually playing basketball...not so much. understand?

mavs>spurs2
02-17-2007, 10:28 PM
who said i was good at basketball? that and i am a rugby player...i've never even played team basketball before. but i am much faster and quicker than those guys and in this type of test that would come into play. making a few passes, layups, and dribbling around objects is something i could do faster than many, imo. but actually playing basketball...not so much. understand?

You have no idea what you are talking about....much faster and quicker than those guys? Basketball players are the quickest athletes in the world, basketball works mostly quick twitch muscles.

johngateswhiteley
02-17-2007, 10:35 PM
You have no idea what you are talking about....much faster and quicker than those guys? Basketball players are the quickest athletes in the world, basketball works mostly quick twitch muscles.

no they aren't. the skill positions in the NFL are much much quicker. kobe, wade, paul, and lebron have nothing on players like Reggie Bush, LT, Chad Johnson...etc, etc.. now, which are the better athletes?...well that can be debated. btw, i use the NFL as example b/c most know that sport, but its the same way in rugby. wingers and centers are much quicker and faster. is tony parker quick...sure, but i would waste him in a 40 yard dash. waste him.

do some research, then come back to me.

mavs>spurs2
02-17-2007, 10:45 PM
You're crazy I bet shaq would waste you in a 40 yard dash. That's not much longer than the length of the court.

johngateswhiteley
02-17-2007, 10:49 PM
You're crazy I bet shaq would waste you in a 40 yard dash. That's not much longer than the length of the court.

i'm crazy? :lol what do you think shaq runs the 40 in? and then what do you think i run the 40 in? (just for shits and giggles)

mavs>spurs2
02-17-2007, 10:54 PM
Shaq is a lot faster than most people give him credit for...i'd say about 4.6 or 4.7

johngateswhiteley
02-17-2007, 11:01 PM
Shaq is a lot faster than most people give him credit for...i'd say about 4.6 or 4.7

two things:

1. shaq doesn't run a 4.6 or 4.7, i guarantee you that. if i were to guess what he runs, right now, i'd say 5.3. when he came into the league?...maybe 4.8-4.9

2. i ran a 4.50 in high school, 4.40 in college (actually ran in the high 4.3's a couple times, but i don't count that). right now, i am not quite as in shape as i was in college...so probably in the high 4.4s. my goal is to get back to about 4.40 by mid rugby season. although, my best attribute is quickness....my shuttle runs are good(not that the 40 isn't mainly quickness, cause it is)

johngateswhiteley
02-17-2007, 11:10 PM
http://www.nbadraft.net/profiles/naterobinson.asp

here it says he is a world class athlete and his 40 time is the same as mine was in college. there goes your theory. btw, robinson is a very good athlete and you can tell he is much faster and quicker than kobe, bron, and paul. but could robinson hang with Bush or LT? i think not.

mavs>spurs2
02-17-2007, 11:22 PM
Speed and quickness are not the same thing....you said that you were faster and quicker than those players. Now you may be in great shape and run a fast 40 but you definately aren't quicker than those guys. Maybe faster in a longer sprint, but not quicker. And no one ever said Wade didn't have a good 40 time because I don't think he's ever been tested.

Horry For 3!
02-17-2007, 11:25 PM
JGW, "I am a rugby player who runs a 4.4 40" :lmao

I see this guy posting on here all the damn time bout suckin off USC and A&M. How the fuck is this guy a rugby player? :lmao

Horry For 3!
02-17-2007, 11:27 PM
no they aren't. the skill positions in the NFL are much much quicker. kobe, wade, paul, and lebron have nothing on players like Reggie Bush, LT, Chad Johnson...etc, etc.. now, which are the better athletes?...well that can be debated. btw, i use the NFL as example b/c most know that sport, but its the same way in rugby. wingers and centers are much quicker and faster. is tony parker quick...sure, but i would waste him in a 40 yard dash. waste him.

do some research, then come back to me.
He just said he would kill Tony Parker in a 40 yard dash :lmao

johngateswhiteley
02-17-2007, 11:42 PM
do any of you play sports? and any time you want to come see me play, be my guest. our first game is against Haggis, Utah in Pocatello, Idaho. here is their site: http://www.haggisrugby.com/

...should be a lot of fun. they have 4 or 5 Eagles (USA national team) on their team so it should be a good test.

as for quickness, yes, mavs<spurs...i am quicker. let kobe or whomever know i'll race them in the shuttle.

johngateswhiteley
02-17-2007, 11:45 PM
i'm sure you have some world-class competition

what do you mean?

Horry For 3!
02-17-2007, 11:45 PM
There is JGW on the website in the black shirt :lol

johngateswhiteley
02-17-2007, 11:47 PM
There is JGW on the website in the black shirt :lol

no way that Tongan is outrunning me.

lefty
02-17-2007, 11:52 PM
:wtf :wtf

J.T.
02-18-2007, 12:06 AM

rofl this kid is a fucking retard.

johngateswhiteley
02-18-2007, 12:12 AM

rofl this kid is a fucking retard.

(sigh) its not my place to defend my abilities on an internet board, lol. but enjoy yourselves and if you can come to the game, it should be fun. so if you'll excuse me....

SilverPlayer
02-18-2007, 12:18 AM
Just out of curiosity does anyone remember Tony Parkers' first run time on this thing? For some reason I remember him have the best overall time in his first run, and I don't think anyone has yet to beat it. He screwed up on his second round though, if memory serves me.

johngateswhiteley
02-18-2007, 12:22 AM
Just out of curiosity does anyone remember Tony Parkers' first run time on this thing? For some reason I remember him have the best overall time in his first run, and I don't think anyone has yet to beat it. He screwed up on his second round though, if memory serves me.

Nash has the record @ 25.something.

SilverPlayer
02-18-2007, 12:27 AM
San Antonio's Tony Parker and Phoenix's Stephon Marbury were eliminated in the first round. Parker missed all five of his shots from the top of the key, and Marbury never got the chest pass through in five tries.

Yeah I'm wrong...I think it was during the pre-chatter that they were raving that Tony was doing it in 20.3 in practice. I wish they'd invite him back with his new found shooting ability.

johngateswhiteley
02-18-2007, 12:32 AM
I think it was during the pre-chatter that they were raving that Tony was doing it in 20.3 in practice. I wish they'd invite him back with his new found shooting ability.

i believe it, and this was kind of my whole point to begin with. wade, kobe, lebron, and paul were SLOOOW. i know they could have gone faster, so they either didn't try that hard, which is what i think, or maybe they aren't as quick as i thought they were.

Horry For 3!
02-18-2007, 12:35 AM
i believe it, and this was kind of my whole point to begin with. wade, kobe, lebron, and paul were SLOOOW. i know they could have gone faster, so they either didn't try that hard, which is what i think, or maybe they aren't as quick as i thought they were.
They weren't even trying.

johngateswhiteley
02-18-2007, 12:51 AM
They weren't even trying.

it appeared that way. but wade did win with almost the same time he had last year and the best ever is around 25. i stick with my previous statement that NBA players are not quicker than NFL skill position players. to think otherwise is ludicrous, imo.

mavs>spurs2
02-18-2007, 12:53 AM
it appeared that way. but wade did win with almost the same time he had last year and the best ever is around 25. i stick with my previous statement that NBA players are not quicker than NFL skill position players. to think otherwise is ludicrous, imo.

Quicker yes, faster no.

leemajors
02-18-2007, 12:54 AM
they should just dump the skills challenge and play H O R S E instead. it would get way better ratings. the sports guy has been on track this whole time.

johngateswhiteley
02-18-2007, 01:09 AM
Quicker yes, faster no.

OK brother, would you agree Olympic 100m sprinters are built like horses? cause they are for a reason, and that is it requires explosive muscles to do what they do. the same applies to players like running backs and many WRs, Safeties, and CBs.

NBA basketball players are explosive, yes, but not nearly to the degree that NFL players are. NBA players have to run up and down the court continuously jumping and making quick movements. they cannot afford to carry the weight NFL players do and therefore do not have the ability to gain the necessary muscles to perform movements as quickly as NFL players. you see, the NBA is much more cardiovascular than is the NFL.

basketball players are great athletes and they are graceful, but they can't hold a candle to the explosive ability of many NFL players. thats just a fact bro.

this is why i don't like to go into detail on most issues i have opinions on...its usually a waste of time and i don't like to type. hell mavs<spurs probably won't even agree with me, but if he knows anything about sports he will.

mavs>spurs2
02-18-2007, 01:22 AM
Wow you just keep on going no matter how many people call you a dumbass...nba players are the quickest athletes in the world they are the most explosive in short movements it's called quick twitch muscles. You're right about one thing, most of them aren't fast in long sprints. Why do u think baskeball players jump higher than any other athlete? QUICK TWITCH MUSCLES, the same muscles determine how quick you are over short distances.

johngateswhiteley
02-18-2007, 01:32 AM
Wow you just keep on going no matter how many people call you a dumbass...nba players are the quickest athletes in the world they are the most explosive in short movements it's called quick twitch muscles. You're right about one thing, most of them aren't fast in long sprints. Why do u think baskeball players jump higher than any other athlete? QUICK TWITCH MUSCLES, the same muscles determine how quick you are over short distances.

OK, you are having problems understanding. do NBA players look like Olympic sprinters?...no. are NBA players quicker than Olympic sprinters?...no. case closed bro. as for jumping ability?...there are tons of guys in the NFL that can jump 40+ inches. but they don't have the skill NBA players do to play basketball and they don't have the leaner body type that allows them run up and down a court all day long.

you...are...wrong.

leemajors
02-18-2007, 01:34 AM
OK brother, would you agree Olympic 100m sprinters are built like horses? cause they are for a reason, and that is it requires explosive muscles to do what they do. the same applies to players like running backs and many WRs, Safeties, and CBs.

NBA basketball players are explosive, yes, but not nearly to the degree that NFL players are. NBA players have to run up and down the court continuously jumping and making quick movements. they cannot afford to carry the weight NFL players do and therefore do not have the ability to gain the necessary muscles to perform movements as quickly as NFL players. you see, the NBA is much more cardiovascular than is the NFL.

basketball players are great athletes and they are graceful, but they can't hold a candle to the explosive ability of many NFL players. thats just a fact bro.

this is why i don't like to go into detail on most issues i have opinions on...its usually a waste of time and i don't like to type. hell mavs<spurs probably won't even agree with me, but if he knows anything about sports he will.

a lot of your points would always carry more weight if you knew how to express yourself coherently and didn't always end with "if you knew anything about anything you would agree with me." example is this contradiction:

they cannot afford to carry the weight NFL players do and therefore do not have the ability to gain the necessary muscles to perform movements as quickly as NFL players.

less weight in more circumstances = more quickness. someone not being able to carry more weight due to the sport they play has nothing to do with their capacity to add muscle mass. i know what you're attempting to say but it's mangled.

johngateswhiteley
02-18-2007, 02:20 AM
a lot of your points would always carry more weight if you knew how to express yourself coherently and didn't always end with "if you knew anything about anything you would agree with me." example is this contradiction:

less weight in more circumstances = more quickness. someone not being able to carry more weight due to the sport they play has nothing to do with their capacity to add muscle mass. i know what you're attempting to say but it's mangled.

1. i agree with you about the coherent thing, but its not that i can't be...its that most of the time i choose not to be. say i write a very coherent, very persuasive piece on this forum, then what? where is the payoff? some jaggof comes in and says something showing they clearly didn't read it or understand it...therefore, i like to pick my audience

2. as for the less weight, its to a degree. of course lineman aren't going to be faster or quicker than a RB, so yes there is a point. however, i think its pretty obvious that i am talking about lean muscle mass.

3. thats correct, somebody's ability to carry more weight due to the sport they play has nothing to do with their capacity to add muscle mass. but if they want to succeed at that sport, then it does matter, and it matters how you train. not every athlete is born great...

...bottom line, most of the time i am too lazy to explain things fully or completely clearly. i apologize.

leemajors
02-18-2007, 10:49 AM
1. i agree with you about the coherent thing, but its not that i can't be...its that most of the time i choose not to be. say i write a very coherent, very persuasive piece on this forum, then what? where is the payoff? some jaggof comes in and says something showing they clearly didn't read it or understand it...therefore, i like to pick my audience

2. as for the less weight, its to a degree. of course lineman aren't going to be faster or quicker than a RB, so yes there is a point. however, i think its pretty obvious that i am talking about lean muscle mass.

3. thats correct, somebody's ability to carry more weight due to the sport they play has nothing to do with their capacity to add muscle mass. but if they want to succeed at that sport, then it does matter, and it matters how you train. not every athlete is born great...

...bottom line, most of the time i am too lazy to explain things fully or completely clearly. i apologize.

good points, good points. mavs>spurs was also being a giant douchebag in nearly every thread last night.

johngateswhiteley
02-18-2007, 03:33 PM
good points, good points. mavs>spurs was also being a giant douchebag in nearly every thread last night.

:tu