PDA

View Full Version : No Love for the Mavs?

Dalhoop
02-16-2007, 06:58 AM
We did just beat the Rockets for you, twice in the span of a week. The Mavs are almost single handedly helping the Spurs to homecourt.

:rolleyes

Bruno
02-16-2007, 07:08 AM

If Spurs and Rockets can't caught Jazz they will face in the first round.
I rather play against Utah in the first round without HCA than against Houston with HCA.

Beat Utah and you will get some love.

Dalhoop
02-16-2007, 07:15 AM
Beat Utah and you will get some love.

Thats going to be a tough call. We don't face them again till the fourth from the last game of the season ... maybe AJ will take that oppertunity to rest his starters.

I guess no love is forthcomming

Melmart1
02-16-2007, 08:25 AM
Mavfan comes to a Spurs board to find love. Have you been :drunk

dbestpro
02-16-2007, 09:56 AM
Houston + Yao > Dallas

If Houston falls in the Mav bracket I'd put all my vbookie on the Rockets. Dallas is prime for a prima donna playoff upset.

bulletedge
02-16-2007, 10:06 AM
Houston + Yao > Dallas

If Houston falls in the Mav bracket I'd put all my vbookie on the Rockets. Dallas is prime for a prima donna playoff upset.

Yep, the Mavs need to start losing some games to show everybody that they are "saving it up for the playoffs".

That's what the Spurs are doing so it must be a smart regular season strategy 'cause they have three trophies and the Mavs have none.

Wake up, Avery, and get the Mavs going on a nice losing streak!!!

pad300
02-16-2007, 10:13 AM
We did just beat the Rockets for you, twice in the span of a week. The Mavs are almost single handedly helping the Spurs to homecourt.

No love for you! We HATE you! It's personal... :ihit

silk
02-16-2007, 10:49 AM
Since your team is plaiyin at an exellent lever, mavs fan posting here have shared more knowledgeable and even classy thoughts...more than a lot of spurs posters..and i always like to see another fan point of view of our team..you can see that now they could respect the spurs more than some of their fans...

LEONARD
02-16-2007, 11:02 AM
I love the Mavs...

Russ
02-16-2007, 11:07 AM
This will be fine:

1. Dallas
2. Phoenix
3. Spurs
4/5. Utah/Houston

Sets up quite nice. :)

mavsfan1000
02-16-2007, 05:45 PM
Houston + Yao > Dallas

Too bad Dallas couldn't lose 3 games in a row without Josh Howard so they could beat Houston. Great logic there idiot.

SKINNYPIMP210
02-16-2007, 05:52 PM
No Love For The Mavs!

But Much Love To The City Of Dallas/ft Worth/irving!

My Girl Is From There And I Always Have A Blast When I Go There!

And Yes....i Converted Her To A spurs Fan! Lmao!

:clap

ponky
02-16-2007, 06:00 PM
Houston + Yao > Dallas

they must not have gotten that memo back during the 2005 playoffs...actually, it looks like t-mac's had the spurs' number these days, for some reason, he's really enjoyed playing your team a lot more, even without yao

Dalhoop
02-16-2007, 06:18 PM
Houston + Yao > Dallas

As a Spurs fan, this doesn't make much sense. The Mavs will be the top seed and as it sits right now, unless the Spurs can pass the Jazz, it will the Spurs and Rockets in the first round, with the winner facing the Mavs in the second round.

If the Spurs can get past the Jazz and into third seed, then they move into the Suns bracket and avoids the Mavs and Rockets in the first and second rounds.

It seems to me that getting that third seed would be priority one for the Spurs .. At least at this point in the season.

Dalhoop
02-16-2007, 06:21 PM
Mavfan comes to a Spurs board to find love. Have you been

I never touch the stuff, it tastes nasty. I do like the Mavs, but I can live with any team from Texas winning the Championship. I would like to see all the Texas teams do well.

kalikot_boy_kr
02-16-2007, 07:31 PM
i dont understand you......what?

kalikot_boy_kr
02-16-2007, 07:32 PM
i think u would like to say that u will love ur ass.....lol

jeffdrums22
02-16-2007, 07:48 PM

No, the Spurs are helping the Spurs. If Dallas is so superior, then they should be able to beat an average team like the Rockets.

jeffdrums22
02-16-2007, 07:49 PM
Houston + Yao > Dallas

I don't like the Mavs, but Houston is NOT better than the Mavericks. They are first round elimination territory.

mavsfan1000
02-16-2007, 07:50 PM
i think u would like to say that u will love ur ass.....lol
worst poster on spurstalk right here.

Brutalis
02-16-2007, 10:08 PM
Ok I admit it. Thanks Dallas.

Now what is ahead is years of catching up as well.

MrChug
02-16-2007, 10:46 PM

No Love for the Mavs?

Nah...the All-Star votes prove it. And you're a moron, no technically your PARENTS are morons for coming in here expecting love. No Mav fan gets love here except your sister.

Dalhoop
02-16-2007, 10:47 PM
No, the Spurs are helping the Spurs. If Dallas is so superior, then they should be able to beat an average team like the Rockets.

If you would check the most resent games you would know that the Spurs are 5-5 in their last ten (hardly helping themselves), while the Rockets are ... well ... slightly better at 7-3, as a matter of fact, if not for the losses to the Mavs, the Spurs would be looking up in the standings to the Rockets right now.

As for the Mavs "so superior", I can only say ... Look at the team record and in the words of a great coach, "You are what your record says you are". The Mavs at 44-9 (something like twenty games over 500) are looking rather "superior"

The Rockets being "average" at 33-19 (while suffering through some major injury issues) and only a game and a half below the Spurs does not bode well for what you may think of your own team (That has been playing with all there star players for most of the year).

They are first round elimination territory.

They are lined up to face the Spurs in the first round (Right now). Do you think that the Spurs could beat the Rockets in the first round? Seems to be a rather close series to me (Most likely the best series in the first round this year.)

Dirk Nowitzki
02-16-2007, 11:46 PM
I wont lie though...I wish we could give the Spurs homecourt if we were to face them because that is basically OUR HOME. The AT&T American Airlines Center is a place we have a serious comfort zone playing at. My boys LOVE playing in that stadium.

jeffdrums22
02-17-2007, 01:12 AM

If you would check the most resent games you would know that the Spurs are 5-5 in their last ten (hardly helping themselves), while the Rockets are ... well ... slightly better at 7-3, as a matter of fact, if not for the losses to the Mavs, the Spurs would be looking up in the standings to the Rockets right now.

As for the Mavs "so superior", I can only say ... Look at the team record and in the words of a great coach, "You are what your record says you are". The Mavs at 44-9 (something like twenty games over 500) are looking rather "superior"

The Rockets being "average" at 33-19 (while suffering through some major injury issues) and only a game and a half below the Spurs does not bode well for what you may think of your own team (That has been playing with all there star players for most of the year).

They are first round elimination territory.

They are lined up to face the Spurs in the first round (Right now). Do you think that the Spurs could beat the Rockets in the first round? Seems to be a rather close series to me (Most likely the best series in the first round this year.)

I said the Mavericks are the superior team in the NBA.

The Rockets are your average NBA non-standout team. Tracy McGrady and Yao Ming together produce what McGrady and Yao alone produce if one or the other is injured. In other words, the Rockets are an average team if Yao is injured and McGrady is there, and are STILL an average team if both of them are healthy.

It doesn't matter if they are only a game and a half behind SA, average is average. SA has been struggling, but to say that the Rockets could beat them in the first round is the biggest overestimation this year. That's just bogus.

jeffdrums22
02-17-2007, 01:29 AM
I wont lie though...I wish we could give the Spurs homecourt if we were to face them because that is basically OUR HOME. The AT&T American Airlines Center is a place we have a serious comfort zone playing at. My boys LOVE playing in that stadium.

Too bad it's an arena, not a stadium. And I bet you all in Dallas wish the Mavericks would've learned to win at the American Airlines Arena (Miami) last June.

But, we all know all they have to show is advancing past the 2nd round and winning a Western Conference Championship.

How about getting owned and knocked to the floor by 36-year old Alonzo Mourning? Or how about 37-year old Gary Payton's big shot in Game 3?

Surely the young, athletic Mavericks and they're lucky jumpshots could beat such an old team, right? No, but I guess they have to fall back to brag on beating the Spurs because they couldn't beat another team when it really counted, in the Finals.

Dallas Mavs' fans love to hide their pain by talking about how they beat the Spurs. It's funny.

cornbread
02-17-2007, 03:06 AM
I wont lie though...I wish we could give the Spurs homecourt if we were to face them because that is basically OUR HOME.

That's a stretch Dirk. Nobody (not even the Mavs players) could ever mistake an arena that houses multiple Larry O'Briens as the Mavs home. That would be preposterous!

mavsfan1000
02-17-2007, 03:50 AM
Mavs won 2 out of 3 in Dallas last year in the playoffs against San Antonio
Mavs won 2 out of 4 in San Antonio last year in the playoffs against San Antonio. I think Dallas would rather have home court.

Dirk Nowitzki
02-17-2007, 04:07 AM
That's a stretch Dirk. Nobody (not even the Mavs players) could ever mistake an arena that houses multiple Larry O'Briens as the Mavs home. That would be preposterous!
:rolleyes :rolleyes That was the SBC Center era. In the AT&T Center era you are 2-5 against the Mavs. Hence the name AT&T AAC :toast

Dirk Nowitzki
02-17-2007, 04:11 AM
Too bad it's an arena, not a stadium. And I bet you all in Dallas wish the Mavericks would've learned to win at the American Airlines Arena (Miami) last June.

But, we all know all they have to show is advancing past the 2nd round and winning a Western Conference Championship.

How about getting owned and knocked to the floor by 36-year old Alonzo Mourning? Or how about 37-year old Gary Payton's big shot in Game 3?

Surely the young, athletic Mavericks and they're lucky jumpshots could beat such an old team, right? No, but I guess they have to fall back to brag on beating the Spurs because they couldn't beat another team when it really counted, in the Finals.

Dallas Mavs' fans love to hide their pain by talking about how they beat the Spurs. It's funny.

Last year was last year. This year you wont even give us any kind of a scare. We will sweep you guys and end your team (assuming you face us) the same kind of way the Pistons did it to LA 3 years ago! :toast

tiga
02-17-2007, 04:24 AM
Perhaps, who knows...

It will surely not change the fact that some of you mavs fans have no class at all and keep trolling this good board. Must be all that build up frustration during the past couple of years?

Dalhoop
02-17-2007, 09:22 AM
Mavs won 2 out of 3 in Dallas last year in the playoffs against San Antonio
Mavs won 2 out of 4 in San Antonio last year in the playoffs against San Antonio. I think Dallas would rather have home court.

I don't think that the Spurs are going to catch the Mavs, so thats sort of a mute point.

Perhaps, who knows...

It will surely not change the fact that some of you mavs fans have no class at all and keep trolling this good board. Must be all that build up frustration during the past couple of years?

Three things. Your team winning doesn't effect class level at all; I will keep coming to this board because its a great place to talk (type) basketball; and finally, its not a few years of frustration, its a few decades.

Melmart1
02-17-2007, 11:07 AM
and finally, its not a few years of frustration, its a few decades.

Decades implies 'several' and your franchise has only been around for two decades, so let's not exaggerate. Next thing you know mavfan will be comparing their suffering to the 86 years of Red Sox futility experienced by Boston fans (it's been DECADES of frustration!) :rolleyes

Second... I don't for a second believe that mavfans are frustrated by "a few decades" of losing. I few seasons, max. I bet most of the mavfans here don't even know who your owner was before Mark Cuban. And their lack of long-term knowledge about the NBA and particularly their team shows it.

The only team Dallas fans should be frustrated about is the Rangers. Oh, but wait... I forgot that since they have only won 1 playoff game in their entire MLB existence, you probably don't realize who they are. But once they start winning, I am sure you and others will hop on the bandwagon and talk about "a few decades" of frustration. Spare me!

Obstructed_View
02-17-2007, 11:22 AM
WGAF? If the Spurs are playing their game by the playoffs they'll beat everybody. If they aren't they won't beat anyone even with home court.

cornbread
02-17-2007, 01:40 PM
:rolleyes :rolleyes That was the SBC Center era. In the AT&T Center era you are 2-5 against the Mavs. Hence the name AT&T AAC :toast

And to this day, the sum of these victories (including last year's series against the Spurs) represent the single greatest achievement in the history of the Mavericks organization. At first I didn't understand why you were so excited about it but I get it now. :toast

adrienne
02-17-2007, 03:11 PM
Why should there be love for the Mavs? This isn't a Mavs board...respect, sure, but plenty of people here respect the fact that the Mavs have been playing well. Doesn't mean they have to convert to become Dallas fans.

Dalhoop
02-18-2007, 08:10 AM
Decades implies 'several' and your franchise has only been around for two decades, so let's not exaggerate. Next thing you know mavfan will be comparing their suffering to the 86 years of Red Sox futility experienced by Boston fans (it's been DECADES of frustration!)

When you lived through some of those 9-12 win seasons ... It seems like DECADES ... My bad.

As for past owners ... I try very hard not to remmeber some of them (an ex-presidential candidate comes to mind ... Which I wish didn't ... THANKS ALOT)

As for the Rangers .... They stick, but there always seems to be optimism around the "latest pitching prospect"

Now my favorate teams seem to be doing well ... in general. Cards in B-Ball won it all (Lived there for ten years after the military), on the other hand the Blues are stinking it up in Hockey. The Mavs are doing well (Lived here for the last 15 yrs, started watching them in the "lean years"), and the Chargers seem to be on the right track in the NFL (Grew up in the OC .... Back then it was just called Orange County).

So really I don't have much to be frustated about :)

confined
02-18-2007, 12:21 PM
Houston + Yao > Dallas

ya know what....im getting tired of saying it but someone's gotta do it...you sir, are an idiot

jeffdrums22
02-18-2007, 01:16 PM
Last year was last year. This year you wont even give us any kind of a scare. We will sweep you guys and end your team (assuming you face us) the same kind of way the Pistons did it to LA 3 years ago! :toast

If I remember correctly, SA ended the Lakers' run in 2003. The next year was just a wild thrown together bunch who thought they could get it done with 4 stars and 0 support.

And also, the Mavs have 1 star, with a bunch of other guys who only look like great players because they make a bunch of jump shots. And just like they learned in the Finals, jump shots don't always fall.

The Mavs = The Suns jump shooting run-and-gun playoff elimination team. The only difference, Dirk is a really good shooter and can make most of his shots fall the majority of the time (Too bad not when it counts).

ponky
02-18-2007, 01:49 PM
If I remember correctly, SA ended the Lakers' run in 2003. The next year was just a wild thrown together bunch who thought they could get it done with 4 stars and 0 support.

And also, the Mavs have 1 star, with a bunch of other guys who only look like great players because they make a bunch of jump shots. And just like they learned in the Finals, jump shots don't always fall.

The Mavs = The Suns jump shooting run-and-gun playoff elimination team. The only difference, Dirk is a really good shooter and can make most of his shots fall the majority of the time (Too bad not when it counts).

I can understand and appreciate the *no love* coming from Spurs fans but you really believe everything you just wrote? You really believe that JHO, while certainly not a superstar, is not gradually becoming a star in his own right? You think a former All-Star like Stackhouse is just a shooter who only looks good because of Dirk? There have been several games this season where Dirk has deferred to his teammates and they've gotten it done. You still believe the mavs don't play defense and are just like the Suns? Explain why this is the case, I'd love to hear it. And to talk about Dirk as the only difference between the Mavs and Suns while leaving out any discussion of the Suns' three All-Stars, particularly Nash and Amare is laughable.

Dalhoop
02-18-2007, 02:18 PM
I too can understand the "no love" thing. I know that deep down in the depths of their B-Ball hearts, when they saw that the Mavs won those games ... They smiled

It may have been done with the lights out and doors closed, but it was there.

As Bruno pointed out though, its the Jazz that the Spurs have to come to grips with before the season ends.

TheMulvany
02-18-2007, 06:59 PM
Houston + Yao > Dallas

Really? Houston + Yao got smoked by 40 points in game 7 2 years ago in the playoffs by Dallas...and this year's Dallas is twice as good as that team was. The Rockets are about the same.

The Rockets have no shot. T-Mac is a much worse player when Yao is on the court. Everyone is. Yao just doesn't really fit in. Too big, slow, and clumsy. Yes, he has great numbers, but his "great" numbers hurt everyone elses numbers. T-Mac will go to averaging about 15 PPG once Yao comes back.

DubMcDub
02-18-2007, 08:06 PM
The only difference, Dirk is a really good shooter and can make most of his shots fall the majority of the time (Too bad not when it counts).

Oh sweet lord :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

jeffdrums22
02-18-2007, 10:10 PM
I can understand and appreciate the *no love* coming from Spurs fans but you really believe everything you just wrote? You really believe that JHO, while certainly not a superstar, is not gradually becoming a star in his own right? You think a former All-Star like Stackhouse is just a shooter who only looks good because of Dirk? There have been several games this season where Dirk has deferred to his teammates and they've gotten it done. You still believe the mavs don't play defense and are just like the Suns? Explain why this is the case, I'd love to hear it. And to talk about Dirk as the only difference between the Mavs and Suns while leaving out any discussion of the Suns' three All-Stars, particularly Nash and Amare is laughable.

Josh Howard is a good player, but not great. He only made the All Star team because of injuries this year. Otherwise, he would not be on. And plus, what he's most known for is his timeout last year in Game 5 of the Finals.

Dirk has done 90% of the work for his team this year, which is mostly jump shooting. He is an exceptional shooter. If he can get those to fall in the Finals (which they didn't in Games 3-6 of the Finals last year), then maybe Dallas can be the champions.

Nash has done just about the same for his team, 90% of the work.

The rest of the guys (Howard, Stackhouse, Terry, Amare, Marion) are only good when their leaders are on the floor. Amare used to be dominant, not anymore. That explains the 3 straight losses for Phoenix. Dallas is a good team, but they are not brilliant or championship caliber. I see last year as the only chance they had, and it will be very hard for them to get back to the Finals this year. They haven't improved much from last year, they are doing all the same things they did vs SA.

When a squad as good as Dallas was last year can't win the Finals, there's not much else you can do to improve. They are about the same as the Sacramento Kings in 2002. Very, very good, but eliminated in the playoffs by veteran power or young player mistakes, oh and Dirk missing quite possible the biggest free throw of his career and cracking under pressure didn't help either, especially when the NBA is a league where one call, one bounce, one free throw can shift the momentum in a series.

ponky
02-19-2007, 12:01 AM
Josh Howard is a good player, but not great. He only made the All Star team because of injuries this year. Otherwise, he would not be on. And plus, what he's most known for is his timeout last year in Game 5 of the Finals.

Dirk has done 90% of the work for his team this year, which is mostly jump shooting. He is an exceptional shooter. If he can get those to fall in the Finals (which they didn't in Games 3-6 of the Finals last year), then maybe Dallas can be the champions.

The rest of the guys (Howard, Stackhouse, Terry, Amare, Marion) are only good when their leaders are on the floor. Amare used to be dominant, not anymore. That explains the 3 straight losses for Phoenix. Dallas is a good team, but they are not brilliant or championship caliber. I see last year as the only chance they had, and it will be very hard for them to get back to the Finals this year. They haven't improved much from last year, they are doing all the same things they did vs SA.

When a squad as good as Dallas was last year can't win the Finals, there's not much else you can do to improve. They are about the same as the Sacramento Kings in 2002. Very, very good, but eliminated in the playoffs by veteran power or young player mistakes, oh and Dirk missing quite possible the biggest free throw of his career and cracking under pressure didn't help either, especially when the NBA is a league where one call, one bounce, one free throw can shift the momentum in a series.

1. Josh Howard may have only made the All-Star game because of injuries but it's not like that's the only reason he would've been shut out in the first place. Just about every analyst and even lots of Spurs fans on this board think he deserves to be an All-Star but they also point out that the West is stacked at the forward position.

2. Don't be ridiculous, just like we don't only remember Ginobili for fouling Dirk in Game seven or for turning the ball over in the Kings game last year and we don't remember Webber for calling a non-existent timout in college, it's not like people see Josh Howard and think solely about the timeout from last season.

3. There's this thing call nba.com where they have the game stats for a team. If you think Dirk has done 90% of the work for the Mavs because of his jumpshooting, you might want to visit that site sometime. There are many nights where Dirk isn't the main guy and guys like Terry or JHo end up as the high-scorers of the night. Damp and Diop help tremendously in pulling down the boards and dishing them back out and Devean George plays good defense and takes good shots.

4. It's ridiculous to *see* that last year was our only opportunity when the Mavericks are relatively young compared to the Spurs and to the Suns' one main component, Nash. It's not like the Spurs were written off the season after winning a championship when they failed to secure a BTB trophy.

5. The Kings back in 2002 were a run and gun team so no, the Mavericks of today are not like the Kings of 2002. Do you even watch other teams or is it just the Spurs? Your breakdown of a team is horrible. The Mavericks have actually gotten better with the addition of Devean George and Josh Howard has improved in points, free throw % and even rebounds. The most important improvement this year is that the Mavericks are still improving on defense and learning how to close out games, something they haven't necessarily done in previous years.

If you just hate the Mavericks, then just say you hate the Mavericks but don't pretend like you know what you're talking about to mask that hatred.

confined
02-19-2007, 12:15 AM

wow TWICE in one thread...u sir, are an idiot

lefty
02-19-2007, 12:18 AM
We love the Mavs :

http://media.funlol.com/content/nowitzki-family.jpg

http://media.funlol.com/content/harris-family.jpg

ponky
02-19-2007, 12:25 AM
and we love the spurs!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/wayne24/duncanfamily.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/wayne24/atheparkers.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/wayne24/000dahorrys.jpg

lefty
02-19-2007, 12:30 AM
What a great find! :lol :lol :lol

Trainwreck2100
02-19-2007, 12:30 AM
those NBA players are the stupidest fucking chopjobs.

Purple & Gold
02-19-2007, 12:33 AM
:rollin :rollin

ponky
02-19-2007, 01:02 AM
one more! GINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBILI!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v112/wayne24/ginobilis.jpg

lefty
02-19-2007, 01:09 AM
:lol :lol

THE SIXTH MAN
02-19-2007, 01:10 AM
We love the Mavs :

http://media.funlol.com/content/nowitzki-family.jpg

http://media.funlol.com/content/harris-family.jpg
:lmao
That little baby dirk looks funny as hell.

ponky
02-19-2007, 01:14 AM
:lmao
That little baby dirk looks funny as hell.

i really like dirk which is why i absolutely hate that pic...it looks like leatherface

THE SIXTH MAN
02-19-2007, 01:34 AM
i really like dirk which is why i absolutely hate that pic...it looks like leatherface
I like Dirk as well, but the little one looks like it would kung-fu some one's ass.

jeffdrums22
02-20-2007, 09:19 PM

That post says it all. Dallas has proved that they are not capable of winning the NBA Finals.

jeffdrums22
02-20-2007, 09:32 PM
1. Josh Howard may have only made the All-Star game because of injuries but it's not like that's the only reason he would've been shut out in the first place. Just about every analyst and even lots of Spurs fans on this board think he deserves to be an All-Star but they also point out that the West is stacked at the forward position.

2. Don't be ridiculous, just like we don't only remember Ginobili for fouling Dirk in Game seven or for turning the ball over in the Kings game last year and we don't remember Webber for calling a non-existent timout in college, it's not like people see Josh Howard and think solely about the timeout from last season.

3. There's this thing call nba.com where they have the game stats for a team. If you think Dirk has done 90% of the work for the Mavs because of his jumpshooting, you might want to visit that site sometime. There are many nights where Dirk isn't the main guy and guys like Terry or JHo end up as the high-scorers of the night. Damp and Diop help tremendously in pulling down the boards and dishing them back out and Devean George plays good defense and takes good shots.

4. It's ridiculous to *see* that last year was our only opportunity when the Mavericks are relatively young compared to the Spurs and to the Suns' one main component, Nash. It's not like the Spurs were written off the season after winning a championship when they failed to secure a BTB trophy.

5. The Kings back in 2002 were a run and gun team so no, the Mavericks of today are not like the Kings of 2002. Do you even watch other teams or is it just the Spurs? Your breakdown of a team is horrible. The Mavericks have actually gotten better with the addition of Devean George and Josh Howard has improved in points, free throw % and even rebounds. The most important improvement this year is that the Mavericks are still improving on defense and learning how to close out games, something they haven't necessarily done in previous years.

If you just hate the Mavericks, then just say you hate the Mavericks but don't pretend like you know what you're talking about to mask that hatred.

I'm sorry, but I refuse to raise the Mavericks to some high level when they are still an unproven NBA team. I don't understand how 99% of people decide to ignore their NBA Finals loss. They are 44-9 this year, but that's only because they are playing like they have something to prove, which they are. The season series with SA and Utah aren't over yet, and they have losses against those teams.

And no, I don't just watch the Spurs. I watch the Mavs, and see the same Mavs of years' past (soft in the playoffs, yes they beat SA, but an NBA Finals loss just takes them back to softness, sorry), this time only Dirk is making more and more of his jumpshots. If Dirk and the Mavs win the Finals last year, this is a completely different post I would be making, because they would have achieved greatness.

Yeah, Ginobili isn't remembered for his Game 7 foul or turnover vs the Kings, because he is a proven player, he has been a key player in both of the Spurs' championships this decade (referring to the other two players you mentioned, Howard and Webber haven't done that).

Lastly, as far as sportsmanship goes from the team, coach, and owner, I don't admire the Mavs. They have great playing ability, but Jason Terry punching a player in the playoffs, Stackhouse throwing a player to the floor for no reason, Avery Johnson snapping at a postgame reporter bc he's pissed, and Mark Cuban (no explanation needed), these aren't really the classiest guys around. Oh and not to mention Dirk kicking a basketball into the stands because he lost against the Heat. These guys are a big group of unproven sore losers, enough said.

mavsfan1000
02-20-2007, 10:24 PM
I'm sorry, but I refuse to raise the Mavericks to some high level when they are still an unproven NBA team. I don't understand how 99% of people decide to ignore their NBA Finals loss. They are 44-9 this year, but that's only because they are playing like they have something to prove, which they are. The season series with SA and Utah aren't over yet, and they have losses against those teams.

And no, I don't just watch the Spurs. I watch the Mavs, and see the same Mavs of years' past (soft in the playoffs, yes they beat SA, but an NBA Finals loss just takes them back to softness, sorry), this time only Dirk is making more and more of his jumpshots. If Dirk and the Mavs win the Finals last year, this is a completely different post I would be making, because they would have achieved greatness.

Yeah, Ginobili isn't remembered for his Game 7 foul or turnover vs the Kings, because he is a proven player, he has been a key player in both of the Spurs' championships this decade (referring to the other two players you mentioned, Howard and Webber haven't done that).

Lastly, as far as sportsmanship goes from the team, coach, and owner, I don't admire the Mavs. They have great playing ability, but Jason Terry punching a player in the playoffs, Stackhouse throwing a player to the floor for no reason, Avery Johnson snapping at a postgame reporter bc he's pissed, and Mark Cuban (no explanation needed), these aren't really the classiest guys around. Oh and not to mention Dirk kicking a basketball into the stands because he lost against the Heat. These guys are a big group of unproven sore losers, enough said.

Well I guess there is one thing the mavs will have to do to be proven. Win the whole Fucking thing.