PDA

View Full Version : ...and the crying continues.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-16-2007, 03:38 PM
http://www.dallasobserver.com/2007-02-15/news/i-love-josh-howard/

tissues recommended.

Sorry, but the article was too lengthy to copy and paste here.

ponky
02-16-2007, 04:36 PM
yeah, that part where magic is *crying* in support of josh is pretty cool

PM5K
02-16-2007, 04:55 PM
So how legit is this, what players beat him out in his spot, how did he do vote wise?

td4mvp21
02-16-2007, 04:57 PM
:rolleyes Howard really needs to get over it, a lot of players get jobbed, look at Carmelo, he didn't get it last season and he barely made it this season. Shut up and prove it, don't keep bitching about it.

RonMexico
02-16-2007, 04:59 PM
Thing I like about the article is that it shows both sides - doesn't ignore his propensity to throw headbands and have a "surly on court demeanor" but also highlights him as a person. Not a complete lovefest, but we all know how I feel about Josh Howard anyways, so we'll leave it at that.

Kermit
02-16-2007, 05:01 PM
the onus isn't on howard, he deserved to be in on the first try. it's on the fair-weather fans of dallas who aren't doing their job voiting their players into the all-star game. there is no excuse for a city that large not to put dirk in the starting line-up and josh in the reserves. no excuse.

steppy
02-16-2007, 05:01 PM
He needs to blame his own fans for not doing a better job. If it's such a big deal, call out the city of Dallas for not burning up the servers with votes.

LEONARD
02-16-2007, 05:02 PM
So how legit is this, what players beat him out in his spot, how did he do vote wise?

I think Shane Battier got more votes than Howard... :lol

LB7
02-16-2007, 05:17 PM
:rolleyes Howard really needs to get over it, a lot of players get jobbed, look at Carmelo, he didn't get it last season and he barely made it this season. Shut up and prove it, don't keep bitching about it.
I don't get this post. Every quote in their from Howard were ones that have already been quoted in other articles. In other words, he isn't STILL talking about it. Someone just wrote another article using the same quotes. You're a moron.

td4mvp21
02-16-2007, 05:20 PM
I don't get this post. Every quote in their from Howard were ones that have already been quoted in other articles. In other words, he isn't STILL talking about it. Someone just wrote another article using the same quotes. You're a moron.

Not exactly a moron, even if it was still from another article[s], why the fuck is he even complaining? STFU and play, I can't stand it when players do that, in the game or off the court. A lot of players get jobbed, it isn't only poor little Howard and the neglected Mavs.

ponky
02-16-2007, 05:20 PM
the onus isn't on howard, he deserved to be in on the first try. it's on the fair-weather fans of dallas who aren't doing their job voiting their players into the all-star game. there is no excuse for a city that large not to put dirk in the starting line-up and josh in the reserves. no excuse.

i agree, dallas fans can be lazy, aybe it's due to all the sports franchises and their half-assed attempt at cheering when one of the teams does well...i'm a mavericks fan who lives in austin and this is one thing i've noticed about a lot of dallasites who cheer for dallas team...of course, there's a hardcore base in every city but there are so many lukewarm fans in dallas it's kind of shitty

and yes, it wasn't like this article was more of jho talking shit, it's just regurgitation and something for non-fans to bitch about...it's funny how those peeps telling jho to get over it are the same ones who make these redundant threads and can't get over it themselves

LB7
02-16-2007, 05:23 PM
Not exactly a moron, even if it was still from another article[s], why the fuck is he even complaining? STFU and play, I can't stand it when players do that, in the game or off the court. A lot of players get jobbed, it isn't only poor little Howard and the neglected Mavs.
Understood. However, your first post was saying that he was STILL bitching about it and obviously, he isn't. He was asked about it by the media, and he answered their questions. That was 2 weeks ago. Just because someone chooses to write a new article for valentine's day or whatever using old material doesn't mean he is still complaining. He answered the media and he hasn't said anything since.

td4mvp21
02-16-2007, 05:25 PM
Understood. However, your first post was saying that he was STILL bitching about it and obviously, he isn't. He was asked about it by the media, and he answered their questions. That was 2 weeks ago. Just because someone chooses to write a new article for valentine's day or whatever using old material doesn't mean he is still complaining. He answered the media and he hasn't said anything since.

Yeah, my bad.

Kermit
02-16-2007, 05:26 PM
i agree, dallas fans can be lazy, aybe it's due to all the sports franchises and their half-assed attempt at cheering when one of the teams does well...i'm a mavericks fan who lives in austin and this is one thing i've noticed about a lot of dallasites who cheer for dallas team...of course, there's a hardcore base in every city but there are so many lukewarm fans in dallas it's kind of shitty

and yes, it wasn't like this article was more of jho talking shit, it's just regurgitation and something for non-fans to bitch about...it's funny how those peeps telling jho to get over it are the same ones who make these redundant threads and can't get over it themselves

yeah, i didn't get that he was talking shit, just upset. and he should be.

i'll agree with your point about dallas fans. i find that mavericks fans living here in austin are far more vocal and hostile than those residing in dallas.

ponky
02-16-2007, 05:29 PM
yeah, i didn't get that he was talking shit, just upset. and he should be.

i'll agree with your point about dallas fans. i find that mavericks fans living here in austin are far more vocal and hostile than those residing in dallas.

HAHA, you got that right, we abhor anything Spurs-related here in Austin, gotta keep a watch on the outpost!!! LOL, it probably has something to do with all these Spurs fans here in Austin and the fact that the only thing sold at most stores comes in the black and silver variety!

Kermit
02-16-2007, 05:37 PM
there might be more sprus fans, but they're a silent majority. actually, it might be pretty even, now that the mavericks success in the last 7 years has earned them much respect. there is legitimate hatred though. just go to a bar on a mavs/spurs night and you'll see the venom, although i know that you know that i know what i'm talking about.

PM5K
02-16-2007, 06:09 PM
So wait, didn't he wind up on the All-Star team anyway?

StylisticS
02-17-2007, 01:21 AM
so wait..this is an article from the DALLASOBSERVER???? The clown newspaper of DFW. Didn't Laura Miller use to write for this?

aaronstampler
02-17-2007, 03:11 AM
Who cares? It's just the all-star game. Some of these guys have the wrong priorities. As long as your peers respect your game and the coaches respect you, what does it matter? Like it's such an insult not being mentioned as one of the 24 best players in the world. Oh no, you're only in the top 40, boohoo.

I'm sure Tim would prefer to be at home chillin'. Manu too. The only Spur who even cares about this star trip is Tony.

mavsfan1000
02-17-2007, 03:47 AM
There are dumb observers from all cities. What's the point in pinpicking one of them to hold against mav fans.

leemajors
02-17-2007, 08:34 AM
There are dumb observers from all cities. What's the point in pinpicking one of them to hold against mav fans.
someone got tired of pinpointing

Obstructed_View
02-17-2007, 11:03 AM
If people who root for the mavs were actually basketball fans then more Mavs might get all-star votes, but most of the people that go to the games will move on to the next thing that's trendy when the time comes. Mavs fans are the reason I won't vote for a Maverick for the all-star team even if he deserves it, which Howard clearly does.

dallaskd
02-17-2007, 12:10 PM
There is a dallas observer?

ponky
02-17-2007, 12:50 PM
If people who root for the mavs were actually basketball fans then more Mavs might get all-star votes, but most of the people that go to the games will move on to the next thing that's trendy when the time comes. Mavs fans are the reason I won't vote for a Maverick for the all-star team even if he deserves it, which Howard clearly does.

yeah, because a REAL fan of the sport of basketball doesn't focus on the players but rather the fans of a particular city! :rolleyes

pking
02-17-2007, 01:02 PM
Ah, never waste your time reading anything in the Observer -- it's not even a real newspaper. It's full of stripper ads...lol

I did once read a lengthy article in the observer titled Dork Nowitzki. I enjoyed it.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-17-2007, 02:04 PM
Ah, never waste your time reading anything in the Observer -- it's not even a real newspaper. It's full of stripper ads...lol

I did once read a lengthy article in the observer titled Dork Nowitzki. I enjoyed it.I have that cover framed. That irony of that whole thing just oozes out, I love it. People give me grief about it. I point to the title and they just shut up. Gotta love the "fairweather"ness up here. Long live June 20, 2006

Viva Las Espuelas
02-17-2007, 02:05 PM
so wait..this is an article from the DALLASOBSERVER???? The clown newspaper of DFW. Didn't Laura Miller use to write for this?Man, it took 18 posts and a day for someone to realize this. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

Viva Las Espuelas
02-17-2007, 02:09 PM
2-17-06
Detroit 42-9

2-17-06
Dallas 44-9

http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/stirthepot.gif

ponky
02-17-2007, 03:53 PM
2-17-06
Detroit 42-9

2-17-06