PDA

View Full Version : This Week's Bonner NBA Life on Radio

Sam
02-17-2007, 12:04 PM
http://www.wkxl1450.com/dynamickxl/

Solid D
02-17-2007, 12:13 PM
I know it's a live show. What did Matt say?

Solid D
02-17-2007, 12:14 PM
Brent Barry on now, though.

Sam
02-17-2007, 12:18 PM
Matt started off talking about how he was activiated for the last two games and thought he was going to dress but that Pop said he wanted to hold him. Said that Pop wanted to make sure that he was going to come back 100%. He said that him and Beno went over to the EA Sports video game release party after dinner last night. He watched Tony take on Chris Paul. He spent most of his time with Chris Bosh and his family.

Brent Barry then talked about how Matt was frustrated and that him and Matt hadn't been having too many adventures here recently. (I'm sure you all remember about Brent and Matt's adventures to Austin City Limits) He talked about how Matt opens up the floor with his shooting and how he was playing a valuable role to the Spurs right before he got injured. Brent then said it was hard for anyone to come to any team and start off really well. Especiall with the Spurs having a great system but what helps is how the Spurs go out of their way to make a new player welcome. Brent then said that the Spurs front office looks for a certain type of player that wants to work and that the Spurs are the most fun team that he has come to. Nothing surprised the Spurs about what they got in Matt because they had seen him in Toronto and his work ethic is known throughout the league.

Sam
02-17-2007, 12:21 PM
Matt said that Brent Barry is a unique character and one of the most witty people that he has been around. Talked about Brent going to the joke shop in Boston and his commericials with HEB.

Matt then talked about his basketball camps (http://www.mattbonner.org/) and his charity concert that he and his brother are putting on July 14th.

Solid D
02-17-2007, 12:23 PM
Thanks Sam, excellent synopsis. I heard most of the Brent interview.

angel_luv
02-17-2007, 12:25 PM
(I'm sure you all remember about Brent and Matt's adventures to Austin City Limits)

I don't. What did I miss?

And what instrument does Matt play?

angel_luv
02-17-2007, 12:25 PM
Man, I wish I was in Vegas with the Spurs. That would be fun. I wonder if Sho went?

Sam
02-17-2007, 12:27 PM
Talked about how no one on the Spurs really discussed the gay issue. Matt stated that people should live their life the way they want to and no players on the Spurs cared. There's no prejudice in their locker room. He said that he didn't think it should have been a huge story. He said he has no problem if anyone would come out in his locker room. Matt said it was unfortunate that Tim Hardaway made his comment and that he said that you don't have to like it but that people should be able to live their life however they want.

Sam
02-17-2007, 12:30 PM
I don't. What did I miss?

And what instrument does Matt play?
Matt is learning to play the guitar. He and Brent went up there to watch it. Matt's brother Luke had gotten him a black cowboy hat with a HUGE buckle. So he was dressed in boots and his hat with a button up shirt and Brent said I can't go with you looking like that. Matt said he had to wear it because where else would he wear it. So Brent gave in and just made fun of him all night. They were trying to talk them into letting them up on stage but it didn't happen. Matt said he was amazed at how great it was. Brent and Matt are always going somewhere and doing something.

Matt hates gambling and loses his hard earned money but doesn't care to watch others lose theirs.

Solid D
02-17-2007, 12:33 PM
He suits up on Monday and will be ready to play against Denver. He's got a "cold" right now. He also said he was ready the last two games but Pop told him he wanted him to come back completely healthy.

Solid D
02-17-2007, 12:37 PM
I saw Matt's brother Luke play on ESPN the other day for UMASS. He's not as good as Matt (he's a sub off the bench) but showed some good effort and he was competitive. He's got pretty good size and plays the 5.
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/umas/sports/m-baskbl/auto_headshot/622481.jpeg

Sam
02-17-2007, 12:59 PM
I saw Matt's brother Luke play on ESPN the other day for UMASS. He's not as good as Matt (he's a sub off the bench) but showed some good effort and he was competitive. He's got pretty good size and plays the 5.
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/umas/sports/m-baskbl/auto_headshot/622481.jpeg

He just grew another 2 inches and is having some problems getting used to it. He's little above 7 foot. He's an outside shooter that's just learning to play inside. He's going to be a project for anyone. Just a sophomore.

angel_luv
02-17-2007, 01:04 PM
Thanks Sam. :)

Brent should have taken pictures.