PDA

View Full Version : NBA Pointless All-Star Weekend

jeffdrums22
02-18-2007, 10:15 PM
Anyone ready for AFTER the All Star break yet? Spurs will go 22-7 or better over their last 29 games of the season...

caŽlo
02-18-2007, 10:20 PM
?

jeffdrums22
02-18-2007, 10:26 PM
?

Good point...

Mr. Body
02-18-2007, 10:29 PM
How many dumbfuck posts can one guy start?

MrChug
02-18-2007, 10:41 PM
How many dumbfuck posts can one guy start?

Well...one by recent record.

PM5K
02-18-2007, 10:41 PM
I don't care as long as they have a winning record against teams with winning records....

Leetonidas
02-18-2007, 11:21 PM
Spurs are gonna go 27-2. Book it.

ducks
02-18-2007, 11:27 PM
29-and no losses

LOL

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
02-18-2007, 11:31 PM
If they listened to the fans All-star weekend could be good again, but instead they turned it into a corporate crapfest

Melmart1
02-19-2007, 12:39 AM
Can Jeffdrums22 just start ONE thread and post all his useless thoughts in that one place? Why a new thread for every thought that pops into his head?

ALVAREZ6
02-19-2007, 12:40 AM
Spurs are gonna go 27-2. Book it.
http://my.opera.com/drlaunch/homes/albums/37656/thumbs/lol-srsly001.jpg_thumb.jpg

Leetonidas
02-19-2007, 12:48 AM
http://my.opera.com/drlaunch/homes/albums/37656/thumbs/lol-srsly001.jpg_thumb.jpg
http://files.myopera.com/drlaunch/albums/37656/ya-rly001.jpg

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-19-2007, 12:49 AM
This thread is hidden because we would like you to avoid pointless threads by wannabe drummers.

ALVAREZ6
02-19-2007, 12:52 AM
http://files.myopera.com/drlaunch/albums/37656/ya-rly001.jpg
http://www.orlyowl.com/nowai.jpg

jeffdrums22
02-19-2007, 01:13 AM
Can Jeffdrums22 just start ONE thread and post all his useless thoughts in that one place? Why a new thread for every thought that pops into his head?

People bitch at me for everything I put on here. If I say the Spurs are the best team, people get upset. If I say the Mavericks are the best team, people STILL get upset. What is the point of a message board if you can't post your opinions?

silk
02-19-2007, 03:42 AM
it's amazing how you can not understand very simple things. We told you several times to not open a THREAD for each one of your LITTLE THOUGTS but you CAN POST this little thoughts on the THREADS YOU ALREADY OPENED.

I don't tell you you must not post but where you should post do you see the difference???? sadly there is a good probability you will not and still think of yourself as a victim and not even try to understand a very simple point.

ATTENTION i introduce come more complexity! you can even some times open a thread for your little thoughts...these one will not have much success but will not be that annoying... but you should not do it too much and you do it too much... good to be a spurs fan but please take the beer off ...

Extra Stout
02-19-2007, 10:11 AM
People bitch at me for everything I put on here. If I say the Spurs are the best team, people get upset. If I say the Mavericks are the best team, people STILL get upset. What is the point of a message board if you can't post your opinions?
People would appreciate it if your opinions became more intelligent. Thanks in advance.

LEONARD
02-19-2007, 11:47 AM
Anyone ready for AFTER the All Star break yet? Spurs will go 22-7 or better over their last 29 games of the season...

All signs point to that, despite playing .500 ball in Jan...

How's their "easy stretch" going so far?
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59705

3-2...

jeffdrums22
02-19-2007, 05:10 PM
All signs point to that, despite playing .500 ball in Jan...

How's their "easy stretch" going so far?
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59705

3-2...

They have beaten the Pistons and the Wizards, two of the better teams in that stretch of games, that is all that matters. The Orlando loss was a fluke loss on a fluke dunk by a fluke player. The Heat won't come out of the East this year, so the Miami loss isn't a big deal. Up next for the rest of February: The ever so tough schedule of the Nuggets, Sonics, Hawks, and Raptors.

SAtown
02-19-2007, 05:17 PM
People bitch at me for everything I put on here.

It makes them feel good.

FromWayDowntown
02-19-2007, 05:26 PM
The Orlando loss was a fluke loss on a fluke dunk by a fluke player.

It might have been a fluke loss, and the dunk, while spectacular, could arguably qualify as a fluke as well.

Your characterization of Dwight Howard as a fluke player, however, is precisely the thing that makes people reject must of what you post.

To call Dwight Howard a "fluke" is patently ridiculous. He's a fluke only in the sense that big men blessed with such exceptional athleticism don't come around very often and, thus, he's decidedly an exception to the rule -- i.e, a fluke. Dwight Howard is legitimately an All-Star caliber player and will likely be so for the next 10-12 years.

Calling him a fluke is more than disrepectful and ignorant; it's completely absurd.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-19-2007, 05:30 PM
Dwight Howard a fluke?

You should probably drum with sticks rather than your head.

Extra Stout
02-19-2007, 05:45 PM
People would appreciate it if your opinions became more intelligent. Thanks in advance.

Please try again.

SequSpur
02-19-2007, 05:48 PM
this topic has dumb takes

bowenuglyduncanuncool
02-19-2007, 06:10 PM
this topic has dumb takes

this guy listens to too much jim rome

GrandeDavid
02-19-2007, 08:14 PM
They have beaten the Pistons and the Wizards, two of the better teams in that stretch of games, that is all that matters. The Orlando loss was a fluke loss on a fluke dunk by a fluke player. The Heat won't come out of the East this year, so the Miami loss isn't a big deal. Up next for the rest of February: The ever so tough schedule of the Nuggets, Sonics, Hawks, and Raptors.

I wouldn't exactly call Dwight Howard a fluke!

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-19-2007, 08:17 PM
I wouldn't exactly call Dwight Howard a fluke!

I wouldn't exactly call jeffdrums22 a sports genius.

jeffdrums22
02-19-2007, 09:50 PM
It might have been a fluke loss, and the dunk, while spectacular, could arguably qualify as a fluke as well.

Your characterization of Dwight Howard as a fluke player, however, is precisely the thing that makes people reject must of what you post.

To call Dwight Howard a "fluke" is patently ridiculous. He's a fluke only in the sense that big men blessed with such exceptional athleticism don't come around very often and, thus, he's decidedly an exception to the rule -- i.e, a fluke. Dwight Howard is legitimately an All-Star caliber player and will likely be so for the next 10-12 years.

Calling him a fluke is more than disrepectful and ignorant; it's completely absurd.

There is a difference between what a player is now, and what a player will become in the future. Just ask the unheard of players before the Spurs series such as Josh Howard and Jason Terry. Who really even knew who those guys were before the Spurs series last year?

The reason I called Howard and his dunk a fluke is because of how much hype he got for making one dunk. He isn't a brilliant or great player right now, at least. I don't know about the future. It makes me mad when lucky shots or dunks get overblown to mean that a franchise is on the decline - that dunk was used to further the commentators' point that the Spurs are on the decline, when it had nothing to do with SA struggles.

What happened to Howard after that dunk? The Magic lose to the Nets by 15 the next night. That's a laugh.

FromWayDowntown
02-19-2007, 10:06 PM
There is a difference between what a player is now, and what a player will become in the future. Just ask the unheard of players before the Spurs series such as Josh Howard and Jason Terry. Who really even knew who those guys were before the Spurs series last year?

The reason I called Howard and his dunk a fluke is because of how much hype he got for making one dunk. He isn't a brilliant or great player right now, at least. I don't know about the future. It makes me mad when lucky shots or dunks get overblown to mean that a franchise is on the decline - that dunk was used to further the commentators' point that the Spurs are on the decline, when it had nothing to do with SA struggles.

What happened to Howard after that dunk? The Magic lose to the Nets by 15 the next night. That's a laugh.

Nail. Coffin.

Josh Howard and Jason Terry might have been unknown to you, but anyone who watches NBA basketball -- and particularly Spurs basketball -- has known about them for as long as they've been in the league and appreciated their games. They were hardly "unheard of," unless you're talking about people who don't actually bother to watch basketball games -- a conclusion about you that your "analysis" is firmly cementing.

Notwithstanding that inane point, the argument about Dwight Howard is asinine. Howard is a dynamic player right now -- and he's just getting better. He's just 21 years old and he's already a legitimate all-star. He's averaged a double-double every year he's been in the league and he's shot over 52% in each of those seasons while sending back about a shot and a half every night. He averaged 16 and 12.5 at age 20. There are a lot of things one could call Dwight Howard, but fluke isn't one of them.

And in that New Jersey game that you're so proud to cite, Howard's team lost, but he rolled up 25 points, 12 rebounds, and 4 blocks. Fluke, indeed.

Extra Stout
02-19-2007, 10:42 PM
The reason I called Howard and his dunk a fluke is because of how much hype he got for making one dunk. He isn't a brilliant or great player right now, at least.

I don't watch NBA basketball other than Spurs games.

hitmanyr2k
02-19-2007, 11:04 PM
I'm watching the '88 All-star game on NBATV right now and the difference between then and now is night and day. They're actually competing and playing defense in the '88 game. The players are even jawing with the refs over calls :lol

It just shows how dull the all-star game is today.

ChumpDumper
02-20-2007, 06:42 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/allstar2007/duncan_nbadl_250_070217.jpg
Tim Duncan catches up with Anaheim's
Jawad Williams prior to the game.

Too bad Jawad doesn't defend or rebound.

LEONARD
02-20-2007, 09:07 AM

Just ask the unheard of players before the Spurs series such as Josh Howard and Jason Terry. Who really even knew who those guys were before the Spurs series last year?

The reason I called Howard and his dunk a fluke is because of how much hype he got for making one dunk. He isn't a brilliant or great player right now, at least.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Holy $hit...I'm officially nominating this guy as the biggest f'ing moron on this site...

Jeff...notice that SPURS FANS are ripping on you...that's not a good sign :lol

silk
02-20-2007, 09:11 AM
Actually i think jeff seems more like a casual mavs fan than a spurstalk poster lool

Kori Ellis
02-20-2007, 09:12 AM
:lol

Sometimes I think jeffdrums must be a fake poster for as bad as his basketball takes are.

How can anyone call Dwight Howard a fluke and say that he's just overhyped because of one dunk on the Spurs? He is the best young big man in the game. He's a monster on the glass and is a double-double machine. Out of all the young NBA guys, he's like the dream player you should want to build your franchise around.

AFBlue
02-20-2007, 09:26 AM

Sometimes I think jeffdrums must be a fake poster for as bad as his basketball takes are.

How can anyone call Dwight Howard a fluke and say that he's just overhyped because of one dunk on the Spurs? He is the best young big man in the game. He's a monster on the glass and is a double-double machine. Out of all the young NBA guys, he's like the dream player you should want to build your franchise around.

To piggyback...he's currently 3rd in the NBA for Rebounds Per Game and is averaging almost 18 points a game. That's great, maybe even brilliant....

johnpaulwall21
02-20-2007, 12:22 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/allstar2007/duncan_nbadl_250_070217.jpg
Tim Duncan catches up with Anaheim's
Jawad Williams prior to the game.

Too bad Jawad doesn't defend or rebound.

who da hell is jawad williams?

ChumpDumper
02-20-2007, 12:43 PM
He played in the Spurs' training camp last season. Good long small forward size and decent offense, but as I said above doesn't play like a Spur. Averaging 19.6 points and 4.5 rebounds for the Anaheim Arsenal.

jeffdrums22
02-20-2007, 09:37 PM

Oh, I get it now. You guys are into the trendy NBA form of being great. Being really great as an individual, but not doing much for your team as a whole. That's mediocrity to me. To be great you have to make your whole team great. Making the highlight reel doesn't qualify as greatness.

But, since everyone here has to post the same opinions', I guess I shouldn't talk.

samikeyp
02-20-2007, 09:45 PM
The fact that Howard is able to put up the stats he does despite not having a great supporting cast to work with makes him great. All the other teams focus defensively is solely on that young kid and he is able to deliver in spite of that. He can't be blamed that he doesn't have superstar talent at every position around him. He has made Orlando better then they were prior to his arrival and that is a sign of greatness.

sprrs
02-20-2007, 09:57 PM
Oh, I get it now. You guys are into the trendy NBA form of being great. Being really great as an individual, but not doing much for your team as a whole. That's mediocrity to me. To be great you have to make your whole team great. Making the highlight reel doesn't qualify as greatness.

But, since everyone here has to post the same opinions', I guess I shouldn't talk.

The Cavs were mediocre, if that, during Lebron's first few years with them because he had a lousy supporting cast......does that make him a fluke player?

Admit you were wrong and stop trying to cover up your mistakes.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-20-2007, 11:27 PM

So you would like free reign to post your opinions without having anybody attempt to counter yours with their own?

Got it.

FromWayDowntown
02-21-2007, 01:00 PM
Oh, I get it now. You guys are into the trendy NBA form of being great. Being really great as an individual, but not doing much for your team as a whole.

So, now I'm curious. Who is truly great? If great players are only those guys who play on teams that win titles -- apparently the case -- then are you telling me that David Robinson wasn't a great player before 1999? That Karl Malone, John Stockton, and Charles Barkley were all mediocre players? That Jordan was really nothing until 1991? Because you said:

That's mediocrity to me. To be great you have to make your whole team great. Making the highlight reel doesn't qualify as greatness.

So what is it then? Are only those who put up great numbers and happen to be blessed to be on teams that win titles worthy of adulation as stars in the NBA? Are all other players who put up good numbers and play spectacularly just "flukes" as you've previously described Dwight Howard? You've honestly made me curious.

I'm truly, truly baffled how anyone can watch NBA basketball with any degree of interest and not understand that Dwight Howard is an immensely talented and highly productive player who is already among the best players in the game at the moment.

LEONARD
02-21-2007, 05:27 PM

...saddlebags!!

Extra Stout
02-21-2007, 05:28 PM

So any player who doesn't singlehandedly make his team great is a mediocre, "fluke player." That is just brilliant.

Nobody as stupid as you should be allowed to root for the Spurs. The Lakers sound about right for you, or maybe the Heat.