PDA

View Full Version : Unleash Tony Parker!

SequSpur
02-19-2007, 12:54 AM
After seeing him play with the allstars today, I realized that Pop's style is holding him back.. not only his style, but also the shitbags he has around him....

This whole team should be dumped except for him and Duncan...

A trade package of Manu and Bowen for a top performer should be completed immediately....

Shit the Spurs don't even have a player that can alley oop that mofo...

It's time to rebuild this mofo...

ALVAREZ6
02-19-2007, 12:58 AM
http://www.orlyowl.com/nothx.jpg

MmP
02-19-2007, 01:07 AM
I think Pop's coaching also holds Manu's game, so fire Pop. :rolleyes

SequSpur
02-19-2007, 01:16 AM
http://www.orlyowl.com/nothx.jpg

i see you found something new on google...... :rolleyes

E20
02-19-2007, 01:18 AM
Haven't you seen that Nike Commerical with him and like everybody else, he was dishing out dimes like the milkman.

atxrocker
02-19-2007, 01:21 AM
suddenly, parker is cool again!

atxrocker
02-19-2007, 01:31 AM
since the game is over, vbookie on the next trade parker thread? anyone?

Extra Stout
02-19-2007, 10:12 AM
Because the All-Star Game, where nobody plays defense, is exactly like actual games.

RC's Boss
02-19-2007, 12:45 PM
Tony Parker is the truth.

George Gervin's Afro
02-19-2007, 01:13 PM
Tony Parker deserves to be an All-Star however he's not the best player on this team and we will NEVER be able to build a team around him. We are a better team with Pop keeping TP and his game in check.

Marklar MM
02-19-2007, 01:13 PM
Uh. The West scored 153 points and shot 54%. Not hard to get that many assists when the game is literally boys varsity vs girls freshman.

abelle23
02-19-2007, 02:11 PM
i dont see how his all star performance last night warranted a trade or rebuilding of the team around tony ... :rolleyes

Spurminator
02-19-2007, 02:19 PM
Actually, I'm with Sequ... If we can manage to swing a trade to get Dirk, KG, Kobe, Melo, Amare, Allen, Matrix, TMac, Howard and Okur... I say we do it.

George Gervin's Afro
02-19-2007, 02:29 PM
i dont see how his all star performance last night warranted a trade or rebuilding of the team around tony ... :rolleyes

What sequ was implying is tha TP should be allowed to go wild. In Sequ's mind TP is not shooting enough rather than shooting to much. I was trying to inject some sanity into the thread that's all.

SPURS vs NBA media
02-19-2007, 03:19 PM
After seeing him play with the allstars today, I realized that Pop's style is holding him back.. not only his style, but also the shitbags he has around him....

A trade package of Manu and Bowen for a top performer should be completed immediately....

trade for who give names

CaptainLate
02-19-2007, 04:37 PM
After seeing him play with the allstars today, I realized that Pop's style is holding him back.. not only his style, but also the shitbags he has around him....This whole team should be dumped except for him and Duncan...A trade package of Manu and Bowen for a top performer should be completed immediately....

ESPN analyst Jon Barry wrote: "We had an actual deal on Tuesday when the Bobcats sent Melvin Ely to the Spurs for Eric Williams. Not earth-shattering. I think the Spurs might just need to play up-tempo a little more. I know Gregg Popovich emphasizes defense, but the Spurs look much better at a quicker pace."

There's no reason we can't play defense AND up-tempo at the same time. :hungry: The Showtime Lakers managed it.

nkdlunch
02-19-2007, 05:52 PM

Move to Phoenix and enjoy your yearly 2nd round exits.

SequSpur
02-19-2007, 06:01 PM
imply my dick.. I don't need an explanation

50 cent
02-19-2007, 06:14 PM
Tony is easily the best player not named Tim on this team. I think anybody and everybody besides those 2 should be on the block for the right people.

People around here needs to get off Manu's nuts. The dude is past his prime.

MmP
02-19-2007, 07:13 PM
One bad season a Manu's prime is gone...

Please_dont_ban_me
02-19-2007, 07:15 PM
Tony is easily the best player not named Tim on this team. I think anybody and everybody besides those 2 should be on the block for the right people.

People around here needs to get off Manu's nuts. The dude is past his prime.

I think Manu is better, and brings more to this team in different areas.

That said, I would trade Manu before I traded TP. Manu's older, and injury prone. TP has a lot of upside. If you trade TP, he could make you look stupid for the next 15 years.

GrandeDavid
02-19-2007, 08:09 PM
No defense is played at the All Star game, so to me its unsurprising that he had so many dimes and took advantage of his blazing speed. But merely relying on that speed and getting into the lane is risky prospect as evidenced in the 2004 playoff series against the Lakers, among other playoff series. I'm sure if the Spurs could, they'd run more.

kalikot_boy_kr
02-19-2007, 08:11 PM
all who said" fire pop"... u are mavs fans. hahhahaha! kiss ur own ass! fire cuban!lol!

kalikot_boy_kr
02-19-2007, 08:13 PM
the spurs is danger to the mavs,,lol! so dont fire pops...hahahhaha!

Udrihlooms
02-19-2007, 08:15 PM
Actually, I'm with Sequ... If we can manage to swing a trade to get Dirk, KG, Kobe, Melo, Amare, Allen, Matrix, TMac, Howard and Okur... I say we do it.

Please, not Amare, Matrix, and Allen.

So let's get Dirk, KG, Melo, TMac Howard and Okur while swapping Finley, Beno, Elson, Ely, Oberto, and don't forget Pop. :lol :lol

RC's Boss
02-20-2007, 01:10 AM
How about a package w/ Manu and one of the scrubs for Vince Carter or Michael Redd. It's lofty, but I'm w/ the "Crown Royal Man" Sequ, we need a flat out scorer at the 2 or 3 spot to run w/ Tony. We can always find a spot up shooter like Barry (Kapono or something like that).

hitmanyr2k
02-20-2007, 01:43 AM
Yeah, Vince Carter or Michael Redd would mesh so well with a shoot-first PG. And let's not forget about their great defensive skills.

RC's Boss
02-20-2007, 01:45 AM
Why would you care Bulls fan? It's not like barry or beno or finley or.......... Shit everyone not named Tim, Tony, Bruce or Manu plays defense!

ginobili fan
02-20-2007, 01:31 PM
Unleash Tony Parker I agree
but Unleash Manu Ginobili too!!!!!

KB24
02-20-2007, 06:53 PM
[gifs removed]

SequSpur
02-20-2007, 11:48 PM
so what did parker do tonight?

50 cent
02-20-2007, 11:50 PM
7-11 FG
17 pts
5 assists
24 minutes of playing time.

pjjrfan
02-20-2007, 11:57 PM
Tony had a great 2nd qtr, where he showed not only his new found shooting, but his court vision, a no look to elson and the alley oop to Barry, his fast break basket against AI and one on Blake and his forte driving in against the bigs and getting a ridiculous layup. this is not the first time Tony does things like this, but it is something he doesn't do regularly, In that period Tony controlled the tempo of the game, got everyone involved and took advantage of every mistake Denver made.

Kobulingam
02-21-2007, 12:00 AM
Yeah, Vince Carter or Michael Redd would mesh so well with a shoot-first PG. And let's not forget about their great defensive skills.

Vince Carter sucks. He zones out in many games, and has a highschool level defense.

RC's Boss
02-21-2007, 12:28 AM
Vince Carter sucks. He zones out in many games, and has a highschool level defense.
While he may not be good on D. i've never seen him "zone out" this year at all. He can pass well too. Say what you will, but VC in a SA uni would open up the floor for errrbody!

RC's Boss
02-21-2007, 12:29 AM
so what did parker do tonight?
Shook AI like a baby :toast

Kobulingam
02-21-2007, 12:45 AM
While he may not be good on D. i've never seen him "zone out" this year at all. He can pass well too. Say what you will, but VC in a SA uni would open up the floor for errrbody!

Then you must be watching all the NJ games high.

Reasons:

1) Only way someone could have watched all the NJ games is if they were high.

2) Only way someone could have missed the many games where Carter didn't bring any heart/energy/effort.

BradLohaus
02-21-2007, 01:01 AM
How many times have TD and Manu taken over in huge post season games? Okay, now how many times has TP done that....

Having said that I still think Parker has yet to reach his full potential. I also think that gauging how many years Manu has left at a high level is very difficult. I could see trading him and regretting it, and I could see passing on a high value trade and regretting it. I can't see giving him up for anything less than a perennial all-star 2,3 or 5 and I can't see that happening, because he's just below that level and we don't really have any other trade value outside the big 3 when it comes to getting an All-Star in return. Its just as well as it's likely that TD and Manu will decline together. Let's just enjoy the ride.

ginobili fan
02-21-2007, 06:19 AM
we don't need carter,anthony...we have barry!!!baby

RC's Boss
02-21-2007, 08:20 AM
Then you must be watching all the NJ games high.

Reasons:

1) Only way someone could have watched all the NJ games is if they were high.

2) Only way someone could have missed the many games where Carter didn't bring any heart/energy/effort.
I have league pass and yes, I've watched quite a few teams. I don't just watch highlights or listen to sportscenter. And I only get high when I'm watching the Spurs :smokin

RC's Boss
02-21-2007, 08:21 AM
How many times have TD and Manu taken over in huge post season games? Okay, now how many times has TP done that....

Having said that I still think Parker has yet to reach his full potential. I also think that gauging how many years Manu has left at a high level is very difficult. I could see trading him and regretting it, and I could see passing on a high value trade and regretting it. I can't see giving him up for anything less than a perennial all-star 2,3 or 5 and I can't see that happening, because he's just below that level and we don't really have any other trade value outside the big 3 when it comes to getting an All-Star in return. Its just as well as it's likely that TD and Manu will decline together. Let's just enjoy the ride.
:depressed