PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Unlikely To Deal Maggette

JPB
02-19-2007, 01:45 PM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/44774/20070219/clippers_unlikely_to_deal_maggette/

Clippers Unlikely To Deal Maggette
19th February, 2007 - 1:17 pm
Los Angeles Times -
Corey Maggette recently declined to comment on whether he would still prefer to leave the Clippers, but team sources said that his outlook has not changed.

The Clippers are not expected to trade Maggette — or make any major moves — before the deadline

JPB
02-19-2007, 01:47 PM
Bluff ?

ChumpDumper
02-19-2007, 02:03 PM
I don't know why you don't post the actual story:

As for the Clippers, well, they were a mess before the break, many in the organization acknowledged.

The Clippers (25-28), who have dropped three straight and are playing poorly on defense, squandered a 15-point fourth-quarter lead in losing to the lowly Atlanta Hawks in their last game. They trail the Minnesota Timberwolves by half a game for the West's final playoff spot.

The Clippers have a problem with Corey Maggette, who says he dislikes playing under Coach Mike Dunleavy.

Maggette's agent, Rob Pelinka, earlier in the season requested that the team trade his client. Although Maggette recently declined to comment on whether he would still prefer to leave the Clippers, team sources said the seven-year veteran's outlook has not changed.

The Clippers, however, are not expected to trade Maggette — or make any major moves — before the deadline.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/clippers/la-sp-lakesclips19feb19,1,3421942.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-nba-clippe

MoSpur
02-19-2007, 02:04 PM
I doubt Sterling pulls a trade. I am sure Mike Dunleavy wants to, but doubt it will happen.

1Parker1
02-19-2007, 02:04 PM
:depressed

Goodbye 2006-2007 season....

MoSpur
02-19-2007, 02:09 PM
Its not for sure he would have helped save the season though. The Spurs can still do something to turn this season around.

phxspurfan
02-19-2007, 02:36 PM
Its not for sure he would have helped save the season though. The Spurs can still do something to turn this season around.

laff. last year we were better equipped to handle the best teams in the league and we still got owned by the refs and an entire country who doesnt want to see another grind-it-out, boring, old, tim duncan-style finals. this year we dont even have the pieces to compete at the highest level, much less make it to the point in a series where the refs can ruin it for us again.

i wouldnt be surprised if the roster remained as-is.

i'd be very surprised if we made it past the second round.

Fabbs
02-19-2007, 04:51 PM
Anyone read why Sterling is so hot on Magette?
He's had no problem in years past letting much better players go.
Only reason he re signed Elton Brand was the implemented rule that owners must spend minimum X amount on player salaries.

ShoogarBear
02-19-2007, 04:55 PM
Anyone read why Sterling is so hot on Magette?He's an ass man.

RC's Boss
02-20-2007, 01:15 AM
I traded Manu fo Ben Gordon and Loul Deng then traded Gordon (not legal in real life) and Beno for Magette. I am now fucking unstoppable BEYATCHES!

RC's Boss
02-20-2007, 01:16 AM
I traded Manu fo Ben Gordon and Loul Deng then traded Gordon (not legal in real life) and Beno for Magette. I am now fucking unstoppable BEYATCHES!
That was on NBA Live '07 of course :smokin :fro

Sacramental
02-20-2007, 01:24 AM
thank god. i would hate to see maggette on the kings.

Mr. Body
02-20-2007, 04:44 AM
This isn't surprising. Guys like the MiG/AHF dynamic duo might think Maggette can play backup point guard for our team and be marvelous at it, but the best LA seems to have on the table is Posey+ or Barry+, and Barry might have been taken off the table a while back. Meanwhile, timvp wails and gnashes his teeth.

Bartzini
02-20-2007, 02:48 PM
I can never get a trade to work on nba live 07. Always says either i or the other team doesnt have the cap space.

I just finished my first season and won the championship, in the off season i couldnt do shit. No good free agents (stackhouse for instance) cause i didnt have the money to spend.

how'd you do it?