PDA

View Full Version : Flowers?

SpursWoman
11-14-2004, 08:47 PM
Does anyone ever do this anymore?

And not just on a birthday or if you fuck up somehow, but like for a date...or just because?

Or has that totally gone by the wayside?

Hook Dem
11-14-2004, 08:51 PM
Still works for me Sw. :angel

Shelly
11-14-2004, 08:55 PM
Flowers are awesome! I think it's a nice gesture on a first date because it's kind of an ice breaker. Plus, it's sweet.

Now if someone brought me a ficus tree, I'd marry them on the spot! That or chocolate. :lol

scott
11-14-2004, 08:57 PM
She can't cook flowers, so no.

SpursWoman
11-14-2004, 08:59 PM
Still works for me Sw. :angel

See...that's what I was wondering. It's such a little thing that totally works, but I never hear about anyone actually doing that anymore.

:fro

I'd say your odds of getting laid would increase exponentially with the gesture... :lol

Shelly
11-14-2004, 09:01 PM
Sometimes men just have no clue...including people you've been with for, oh say, almost 20 years????? :bang

scott
11-14-2004, 09:02 PM
I was actually just going to say that I've never heard of it working for anyone... but, perhaps its all a matter of timing. Us guys have the uncanny ability to unconsciously know when the shit is about to hit the fan - and it is at that point we decide to get the "just because" flowers. The next thing you know the image of a battered flower floating into the gutter is forever engrained into your memory.

scott
11-14-2004, 09:05 PM
Knowing when the time is right is like the ongoing struggle between deciding on more or less cowbell.

Shelly
11-14-2004, 09:05 PM
Yeah, but we're saying that getting flowers out of the blue is a good thing. I'd much rather get flowers that way instead of because it's my birthday, annivesary or because I'm right and he's wrong.

Shelly
11-14-2004, 09:06 PM
Knowing when the time is right is like the ongoing struggle between deciding on more or less cowbell.

I heart you, Scoot!

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-14-2004, 09:11 PM
I do, but somehow, the surprise got out the last two times and other times, something arises that prevents me from doing it.

scott
11-14-2004, 09:14 PM
Yeah, but we're saying that getting flowers out of the blue is a good thing. I'd much rather get flowers that way instead of because it's my birthday, annivesary or because I'm right and he's wrong.

Oh, I understand completely what you are saying - and it makes sense in theory. But in my experience, the idea giving someone flowers for no reason and not having something bad happen soon thereafter is an urban legend. I've HEARD about it working out well, I know people who know people who know people who have done it... but I actually don't have any first hand sources of this happening. I suspect that instances of head injury from the blunt force trama of a flying vase is not all that uncommon.

Shelly
11-14-2004, 09:16 PM
Oh, I understand completely what you are saying - and it makes sense in theory. But in my experience, the idea giving someone flowers for no reason and not having something bad happen soon thereafter is an urban legend. I've HEARD about it working out well, I know people who know people who know people who have done it... but I actually don't have any first hand sources of this happening. I suspect that instances of head injury from the blunt force trama of a flying vase is not all that uncommon.

I'm sorry! And you're better off without the bitch! :lol

scott
11-14-2004, 09:20 PM
But my health insurances premiums will never be the same!

Hook Dem
11-14-2004, 09:31 PM
Again, some of us men are very appreciative of the women in our lives. Its just a way of saying....Thank you! :angel

samikeyp
11-14-2004, 09:46 PM
I still do, SW. I got some for Erica on our anniversary but I also got some for her on friday just because.

Shelly
11-14-2004, 09:49 PM
awww....that's sweet, Mikey!

Flowers RULE!

SpursWoman
11-15-2004, 12:04 AM
I'm sorry! And you're better off without the bitch! :lol

No kidding....I could never imagine getting violent when getting flowers.

Unless it was followed closely with a, "Honey, I just slept with your best friend, wrecked your car, and had penis reduction surgery."

2pac
11-15-2004, 12:06 AM
When I date a girl, she always has fresh flowers in the house.

samikeyp
11-15-2004, 12:08 AM
2pac, my wife just saw your post and said "I am very impressed!" As am I. Well done.

SpursWoman
11-15-2004, 12:11 AM

You're awesome.....there is hope yet. :)

Useruser666
11-15-2004, 12:11 AM
That's not really fair. They live in a green house.

SpursWoman
11-15-2004, 12:13 AM
:lol :lol

SpursWoman
11-15-2004, 12:14 AM
She can't cook flowers, so no.

No, but where I keep the vases are right next to the pots. ;)

Duff McCartney
11-15-2004, 12:14 AM

Does she use MiracleGro for her garden?

timvp
11-15-2004, 12:21 AM
Damn, I used to but I don't know a place to get flowers on this side of town. :shootme

SpursWoman
11-15-2004, 12:23 AM
tip: HEB actually has a lot of pretty arrangements....especially the new one by your house. ;)

Useruser666
11-15-2004, 12:24 AM
No, but where I keep the vases are right next to the pots. ;)

So that's how you keep your pot hidden!

EDIT: P.S. The one on Kitty Hawk and 1604? :P

samikeyp
11-15-2004, 12:24 AM
Do NOT use Dusty's Flowers. They were the ones that screwed mine up for my anniversary.

Kori Ellis
11-15-2004, 12:26 AM
I guess you should ask Shelly's husband where to get them :)

But honestly you do a great job of getting small gifts/flowers and doing little things for me without any reason. Just another reason why you are a perfect husband and I'm privileged to be married to you. :makeout

Useruser666
11-15-2004, 12:26 AM
timvp, you have cemetery close by right? :lol

SpursWoman
11-15-2004, 12:27 AM
Well, tell her it could have been worse. In the whole 10 years I was with my ex-husband, the best I ever got was once he pulled over on the side of the highway and grabbed a big handful of wildflowers. Dirt, roots, weeds & all.

:fro :lol

Useruser666
11-15-2004, 12:28 AM
Well, tell her it could have been worse. In the whole 10 years I was with my ex-husband, the best I ever got was once he pulled over on the side of the highway and grabbed a big handful of wildflowers. Dirt, roots, weeds & all.

:fro :lol
OMG!

timvp
11-15-2004, 12:29 AM
I guess you should ask Shelly's husband where to get them :)

But honestly you do a great job of getting small gifts/flowers and doing little things for me without any reason. Just another reason why you are a perfect husband and I'm privileged to be married to you. :makeout

Thanks but it's all you. You make everyday the best day ever.

:smokin

SpursWoman
11-15-2004, 12:49 AM
EDIT: P.S. The one on Kitty Hawk and 1604? :P

Especially that one. :lol :rollin :lol :lol

samikeyp
11-15-2004, 12:57 AM
There is a place on West Ave. and Blanco called San Antonio Flower Company. They are a wholesaler. They don't deliver but you can make your own arrangements and its pretty reasonable.

2pac
11-15-2004, 01:22 AM
2pac, my wife just saw your post and said "I am very impressed!" As am I. Well done.

As long as my grandma has fresh flowers, my grandpa has fresh cookies. Its a good trade. I spent all my summers at their house.

I have always been romantic to a fault. Mom taught me well, I guess. Who knows - I am still single ladies. :fro

SpursWoman
11-15-2004, 01:35 AM
As long as my grandma has fresh flowers, my grandpa has fresh cookies. Its a good trade.

That's a perfect trade. :)

Drachen
11-15-2004, 01:58 AM
Question... One of my friends told me that her boyfriend gave her one of those "roses" in a glass case (the small ones that you buy at the gas station, right next to the register). He said that while he was waiting to pay for his gas he just thought of her, and then he saw those roses, and bought one for her. (at this point in the story her face was full of disdain, which is, she says, the way she acted when he gave it to her). I asked her why she acted this way and she said "A GAS STATION ROSE?" I told her it was the thought that counted, the fact that he was just thinking about her at a random moment in the day, and wanted to let her know, to which she replied, "If he was thinking of me, he could have just driven to a flower shop and bought me flowers." We argued back and forth a little, then I said, "well I am glad you arent my girlfriend" :lol
Anyway, the ? is do you ladies feel that this was a stupid gift for him to give her or is she a bitch?

Edit:

P.S. If you are on the NE side (nacodoches, and Judson (I think, over by comanche hill)) then go to Petal Palace for all your flower needs. :lol
Its owned by my mom's and consequently my cousin.

Kori Ellis
11-15-2004, 02:13 AM
is do you ladies feel that this was a stupid gift for him to give her or is she a bitch?

She is a bitch.

It's not like that was her birthday gift or something. He was just thinking of her. Eventually he'll just stop giving her anything if she continues to be a bitch.

Drachen
11-15-2004, 02:30 AM
right, and they had only been together for like 2 weeks. Oh well, like I said, at least I am not dating her.

bigzak25
11-15-2004, 09:45 AM
agreed, that chic should take the rose and smile and be thankful.

basically, she's saying, get me something good or don't get me anything at all.....

now she thinks to herself, "next time, he's gonna get me something good!"

and he's thinking, "next time, i ain't buying her shit."

funny coincidence though....I'm buying flowers for wifey tomorrow....being our Anniversary and all.....the last time i bought her flowers was when she came back from a trip, she was gone a little over a week....

but i think it's cheaper to put my own arrangement together from costco or heb or something than to pay a flower place.....so that's what i do......looks good...personal touch......okay, i'm a cheap bastard.... :lol http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/images/smilies/doh.gif

Shelly
11-15-2004, 12:43 PM
Actually, HEB has some nice flowers. Even the funky colored ones. They've always lasted a long time.

I don't know where my husband gets them. He orders online and I never paid attention to what flower shop they came from.

Hell, I'm happy if he brings me home a Butterfinger!

SpursWoman
11-15-2004, 12:44 PM
Anyway, the ? is do you ladies feel that this was a stupid gift for him to give her or is she a bitch?

Definitely a bitch. I thought that was sweet. :)

Jimcs50
11-15-2004, 12:50 PM
I still do, SW. I got some for Erica on our anniversary but I also got some for her on friday just because.

Just because?? Because you are pussy whipped.

:)

samikeyp
11-15-2004, 12:52 PM
:flipoff :lmao

bigzak25
11-15-2004, 12:57 PM
:lol

SpursWoman
11-15-2004, 12:59 PM
Just because?? Because you are pussy whipped.

And as long as he continues, there will never be a shortage. ;)

Spurminator
11-15-2004, 12:59 PM
Flowers are an unbelieveable waste of money. I very rarely buy them for my wife... she'd rather I spent $20-$50 on a shirt for her.

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-15-2004, 01:04 PM
Not to forget about the other women in your lives, my mom prefers a live plant to flowers since she loves to garden.

Samurai Jane
11-15-2004, 01:05 PM
My hubby used to get me flowers alot when we first started dating now he rarely buys me flowers.. and when he does, I become wary, because they are so rare nowadays.... so it's probably better if he just takes me out to dinner or shopping.. :spin

Yesterday we marked 8 years of being together... time flies when you're having fun! :elephant

Hook Dem
11-15-2004, 01:14 PM
SW gets it!

Hook Dem
11-15-2004, 01:15 PM
Thanks but it's all you. You make everyday the best day ever.

:smokin
You are one slick silver tongue devil timvp :lol

samikeyp
11-15-2004, 01:17 PM
yes she certainly does. she is wise.

You want to talk about a waste? One summer, I sent a girl 2doz white roses..twice...she loved the attention but not me...I still got dissed.

Congrats Jane.

Jimcs50
11-15-2004, 01:25 PM

I get pussy just buying her a cup of Starbucks.

samikeyp
11-15-2004, 01:29 PM
see...then you know how it works. :)

Jimcs50
11-15-2004, 01:32 PM
see...then you know how it works. :)

Starbucks $3.40

Flowers $75.00

Nuff said.

2Blonde
11-15-2004, 01:32 PM
My husband does bring me flowers for no reason. But I find it far more romantic when he does things like go to the grocery store on Saturday mornings (which he does), or bring in the paper so I don't have to get out of bed on Sunday morning. Also, he always calls and asks if he can pick up anything on his way home from work. That's love !!

...2Blonde

JoeChalupa
11-15-2004, 01:34 PM
I bring my wife flowers all the time.
She likes them in the house and it keeps me out of the doghouse.

Useruser666
11-15-2004, 01:41 PM
Hmmm...... I need to go get some gas tomorrow. Which gas station was that? :elephant

samikeyp
11-15-2004, 02:24 PM
75 bucks? Fool. :lol

My wife likes carnations....I can go to San Antonio Flower company and get 6 for less than 3 bucks. 'nuff said.

SpursWoman
11-15-2004, 02:30 PM
75 bucks? Fool.

My wife likes carnations....I can go to San Antonio Flower company and get 6 for less than 3 bucks. 'nuff said.

:lol Yeah...those 2 for $10 bunches you can get at HEB sometimes can be really pretty, too. As long as they aren't DOA, I'm cool. :lol :lol

samikeyp
11-15-2004, 02:40 PM
exactly. You can get really nice flowers for a decent price.

Useruser666
11-15-2004, 02:43 PM
I've spent $80 on a dozen roses w/vase to be delivered next day. They were red, pink and yellow. Very nice looking.

Jimcs50
11-15-2004, 02:54 PM
You don't bring me flowers
You don't sing me love songs
You hardly talk to me anymore
When you come through the door
At the end of the day

I remember when
You couldn't wait to love me
Used to hate to leave me
Now after lovin' me late at night
When it's good for you
And you're feeling alright
Well you just roll over
And you turn out the light
And you don't bring me flowers anymore

It used to be so natural
To talk about forever
But 'used to be's' don't count anymore
They just lay on the floor
'Til we sweep them away

And baby, I remember
All the things you taught me
I learned how to laugh
And I learned how to cry
Well I learned how to love
Even learned how to lie
You'd think I could learn
How to tell you goodbye
'Cause you don't bring me flowers anymore

JoeChalupa
11-15-2004, 02:56 PM
Some types of Flowers are bad news.
Sincerely,
Bill Clinton

Useruser666
11-15-2004, 03:00 PM
We both lie silently still
in the dead of the night
Although we both lie close together
We feel miles apart inside

Was it something I said or something I did
Did the words not come out right
Though I tried not to hurt you
Though I tried
But I guess that's why they say

Chorus:
Every rose has its thorn
Just like every night has its dawn
Just like every cowboy sings his sad, sad song
Every rose has its thorn
Yeah it does

I listen to our favorite song
playing on the radio
Hear the DJ say loves a game
of easy come and easy go
But I wonder does he know
Has he ever felt like this
And I know you'd be here right now
If I could have let you know somehow
I guess

Chorus

Though it's been a while now
I can still feel so much pain
Like a knife that cuts you the wound heals
but the scar, that scar remains

I know I could have saved a love that night
If I'd known what to say
Instead of makin' love
We both made our separate ways
But now I hear you found somebody new
and that I never meant that much to you
To hear that tears me up inside
And to see you cuts me like a knife
I guess

Shelly
11-15-2004, 03:00 PM
You don't bring me flowers
You don't sing me love songs
You hardly talk to me anymore
When you come through the door
At the end of the day

I remember when
You couldn't wait to love me
Used to hate to leave me
Now after lovin' me late at night
When it's good for you
And you're feeling alright
Well you just roll over
And you turn out the light
And you don't bring me flowers anymore

It used to be so natural
To talk about forever
But 'used to be's' don't count anymore
They just lay on the floor
'Til we sweep them away

And baby, I remember
All the things you taught me
I learned how to laugh
And I learned how to cry
Well I learned how to love
Even learned how to lie
You'd think I could learn
How to tell you goodbye
'Cause you don't bring me flowers anymore

Sorry Jim, but you really pissed me off and I had to go find someone else.

:lol

Useruser666
11-15-2004, 03:02 PM
Sorry Jim, but you really pissed me off and I had to go find someone else. :lol

Another florist?

Shelly
11-15-2004, 03:04 PM
Another florist?

shhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

CosmicCowboy
11-15-2004, 03:07 PM
I do "bought" flowers about 6 times a year...the normal holidays and a couple of times "just because"...I normally either go to a wholesale florist or the big HEB...That may be considered "cheap" but I like buying the exotic stuff and can easily spend $40-$50 on several different varieties...guys, if you decide to go this route and arrange them yourself don't forget the "filler" stuff too...ferns or babys breath always work well...they don't look right if you don't...I may be prejudiced but I think mine actually look better than the obscenely expensive arrangements from the florists...

Jimcs50
11-15-2004, 03:10 PM
Shelly, that just sounds like a normal marriage after 10 yrs to me. :)

Shelly
11-15-2004, 03:20 PM
I do "bought" flowers about 6 times a year...the normal holidays and a couple of times "just because"...I normally either go to a wholesale florist or the big HEB...That may be considered "cheap" but I like buying the exotic stuff and can easily spend $40-$50 on several different varieties...guys, if you decide to go this route and arrange them yourself don't forget the "filler" stuff too...ferns or babys breath always work well...they don't look right if you don't...I may be prejudiced but I think mine actually look better than the obscenely expensive arrangements from the florists...

Listen to the man. He is wise!

:lol I hear ya, Jim. But my man is rather fond of Tiffany's, so I forgive him.

MannyIsGod
11-15-2004, 03:25 PM
I don't do it every week but I try to do it on a semi regular basis. Jess has the vase that came with the flowers I gave her on our 3rd date and I try to make sure it always has some flowers in it. I once gave her fake plastic flowers to mix it up a little, and those are now on display. (Actually I thinkthe fake flowers were an "I'm Sorry" thing for one of the many times I did something stupid)

bigzak25
11-15-2004, 03:25 PM
don't forget the "filler" stuff too...ferns or babys breath always work well..

way ahead of you pal.... :lol

and funny thing, i think the same way too, about how my arrangement is the shit compared to the florists.....must be my sensitive and creative side... :smokin :oops

scott
11-15-2004, 08:20 PM
PS: It was Manny who threw the vase at my head.

MannyIsGod
11-15-2004, 08:47 PM
eh?

Useruser666
03-31-2005, 05:26 PM
I get pussy just buying her a cup of Starbucks.

Bump. Just re-read this. I bet you bought milk huh?

SpursWoman
03-31-2005, 05:28 PM
I bet you bought milk huh?

Thanks for reminding me.... :oops