PDA

View Full Version : Garnett could opt out.............

ducks
02-19-2007, 10:24 PM
Garnett could opt out
Monday, Feb 19, 2007 1:36 pm EST

Getty Images
Word is that any team interested in acquiring Minnesota Timberwolves' all-star forward Kevin Garnett better be certain up front that he is willing to re-sign with the new team.

As crazy as it may sound, rumor is Garnett is considering opting out of his contract that would pay $22 million next season and $28 million for the 2008-09 campaign.

Source: Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_5251502

johnpaulwall21
02-19-2007, 10:32 PM
Garnett for manu and parker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sign ME up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hungry: :hungry:

J/K :wakeup

Horry For 3!
02-19-2007, 10:35 PM
Garnett for manu and parker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sign ME up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hungry: :hungry:
That is fucking stupid.

Beno
Finley
Bowen
Duncan
Garnett

Oh, we're going to win.....

ducks
02-19-2007, 10:38 PM
beno would not start heck he is the third stringer right now
barry would have to be the starting point guard

Big P
02-19-2007, 10:39 PM
KG's not leaving $50 mil on the table

johnpaulwall21
02-19-2007, 10:40 PM
damn calm down fellow posters, i was jokin around........ :rolleyes

Horry For 3!
02-19-2007, 10:43 PM
damn calm down fellow posters, i was jokin around........ :rolleyes
You don't joke around like that. Plus if you were joking, you are suppose to say jk or :lol at the end of it

KB24
02-19-2007, 10:47 PM
2007 - 08 Lakers Squad

Kobe
Garnett
Kid
Odom
Walton

Hellz Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

johnpaulwall21
02-19-2007, 10:48 PM
HAHAHAHAHa horry for 3 im sorry i dont know the Code of the Poster, i wouldnt make that deal at all but i wouldnt mind tradin manu and someone other then T-Dunc or Parker for The Big Ticket.

exstatic
02-19-2007, 11:29 PM
Garnett opts out, and signs 2 year MCE deal in SA with opt out clause in '08, the summer we have money. :smokin :dreamin

Marklar MM
02-19-2007, 11:37 PM
Garnett opts out, and signs 2 year MCE deal in SA with opt out clause in '08, the summer we have money. :smokin :dreamin

He is coming to Detroit. I hear he has been looking for house around here. :spin

E20
02-20-2007, 12:11 AM
If Garnett would really opt of his contract I think he would go play for LA.

Maybe Chicago or NY.

Purple & Gold
02-20-2007, 01:39 AM
You better hope he doesn't opt out. Because if he does he's headed to L.A. He could very easily get a ring there and make up the salary difference in endorsement deals.

Purple & Gold
02-20-2007, 01:40 AM
2007 - 08 Lakers Squad

Kobe
Garnett
Kid
Odom
Walton

Hellz Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That lineup would take over the NBA. Barring injuries, that's a ring.

rayray2k8
02-20-2007, 01:47 AM
That lineup would take over the NBA. Barring injuries, that's a ring.
oh yeah, god forbid. :rolleyes
Thats an even bigger wet dream than spurs fans wanting garnett and duncan on the same squad.

Purple & Gold
02-20-2007, 01:50 AM
oh yeah, god forbid. :rolleyes
Thats an even bigger wet dream than spurs fans wanting garnett and duncan on the same squad.
That has to be included with the luck the Lakers have been having lately. Even Vlad is now out. But if Garnett opts out he's going to the Lakeshow.

rayray2k8
02-20-2007, 03:18 AM
stfu D. :lol

Texas_Ranger
02-20-2007, 04:33 AM
Oberto for KG. If they don't take him for Fabri then something is wrong wit Minnestota.

dbreiden83080
02-20-2007, 05:40 PM
Garnett could opt out
Monday, Feb 19, 2007 1:36 pm EST

Getty Images
Word is that any team interested in acquiring Minnesota Timberwolves' all-star forward Kevin Garnett better be certain up front that he is willing to re-sign with the new team.

As crazy as it may sound, rumor is Garnett is considering opting out of his contract that would pay $22 million next season and $28 million for the 2008-09 campaign.

Source: Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_5251502

I think he will opt out he has made a shitload of money on that deal and the clock is ticking on him winning a title because it is clear that it is never going to happen in Minnesota.

sammy
02-20-2007, 05:51 PM
Oberto for KG. If they don't take him for Fabri then something is wrong wit Minnestota.

LOL :tu

GrandeDavid
02-20-2007, 07:47 PM
Garnett would go to LA, most likely. They got the cash, got Kobe, Garnett is unselfish. It'd be a perfect match.

ajh18
02-20-2007, 08:07 PM
I think if he was going to leave, he'd ask Minn. to trade him. He's a pretty loyal guy, and that way at least the wolves would get something back. I think the trade Chad Ford proposed today, of Garnett and Mark Madsen to the Bulls for Luol Deng, Tyrus Thomas, P.J. Brown, Michael Sweetney and Malik Allen makes Chicago pretty scary.

Who in the East could stop a lineup of Wallace, Garnett, Nocioni, Gordon, and Hinrich with a bench of Thabo & Duhon?

exstatic
02-20-2007, 09:25 PM
Garnett would go to LA, most likely. They got the cash, got Kobe, Garnett is unselfish. It'd be a perfect match.
??? SA will have cash before LA does. He'll have to do a straight MCE deal there.

bigdog
02-21-2007, 10:04 AM
I think he will opt out he has made a shitload of money on that deal and the clock is ticking on him winning a title because it is clear that it is never going to happen in Minnesota.

yeah, garnett says he wants to stay in minnesota,and that the FO needs to get better players around him. i think that is impossible,because i dont think theres any way that teams around the league would trade for the guys that are currently playing for the wolves. mike james is overpaid,ricky davis isnt that good,and marko jaric is an average player at best. if anyhting happened, they would get players of the same level,and maybe worse, so Garnett should really ask for a trade. Garnett wanted Marbury back, he wanted Iverson, hell,he even wanted Finley. I think it's time for him to stop dreaming that the Wolve's FO will get any decent deal done for some better players, and leave Minnesota for a better team.

ArgSpursFan
02-21-2007, 10:08 AM
yeah, garnett says he wants to stay in minnesota,and that the FO needs to get better players around him. i think that is impossible,because i dont think theres any way that teams around the league would trade for the guys that are currently playing for the wolves. mike james is overpaid,ricky davis isnt that good,and marko jaric is an average player at best. if anyhting happened, they would get players of the same level,and maybe worse, so Garnett should really ask for a trade. Garnett wanted Marbury back, he wanted Iverson, hell,he even wanted Finley. I think it's time for him to stop dreaming that the Wolve's FO will get any decent deal done for some better players, and leave Minnesota for a better team.

Hell,Iīd do it in a heart beat.
Jaric for Finley(I donīt know if the numbers work though.)

2Cleva
02-21-2007, 10:15 AM
That information is incorrect. Garnett can opt out AFTER next season. Not this summer. I'm 100% sure on that. Kori - you can IM me if you want details/source.

Everyone put their pipes away for another year.

AFBlue
02-21-2007, 10:27 AM
That information is incorrect. Garnett can opt out AFTER next season. Not this summer. I'm 100% sure on that. Kori - you can IM me if you want details/source.

Everyone put their pipes away for another year.

Speaking of pipes, you put yours down about the possibility of acquiring Kidd w/o surrenduring Bynum in the process? Looks like I called that one...

2Cleva
02-21-2007, 10:37 AM
Speaking of pipes, you put yours down about the possibility of acquiring Kidd w/o surrenduring Bynum in the process? Looks like I called that one...

Bynum was never on the table. NJ knew that.

The fact Bynum's name is coming up is likely because Thorn wants more from LA. From what I understand - LA, Kidd, and NJ owner Ratner has already signed off on a Kidd to LA deal without including Bynum. Thorn has decided not to go ahead with that deal and wants more.

It could be he settles for Walton or another 1 pick and is trying to force LA's hand through the media. I don't know. But if Bynum was being demanded from the start, talks would have been over a month ago.

This is a case of Thorn trying to get as much as possible at the 11th hour and hoping LA folds.

AFBlue
02-21-2007, 10:42 AM
Bynum was never on the table. NJ knew that.

The fact Bynum's name is coming up is likely because Thorn wants more from LA. From what I understand - LA, Kidd, and NJ owner Ratner has already signed off on a Kidd to LA deal without including Bynum. Thorn has decided not to go ahead with that deal and wants more.

It could be he settles for Walton or another 1 pick and is trying to force LA's hand through the media. I don't know. But if Bynum was being demanded from the start, talks would have been over a month ago.

This is a case of Thorn trying to get as much as possible at the 11th hour and hoping LA folds.

And it's your opinion that LA will not fold and will STILL get Kidd?

Don Quixote
02-21-2007, 10:43 AM
Yeah, I'm so sure Garnett and Elson will coexist in the same locker room! After Elson outed KG as a homo in the playoffs a couple of years back.

KG was probably thinking, "he's not supposed to tell anybody!!"

2Cleva
02-21-2007, 10:51 AM
And it's your opinion that LA will not fold and will STILL get Kidd?

It was before. Again the talks have been ongoing for the past month and NJ knew Bynum wasn't any more available than Kobe was. No way the Buss family gives up Bynum. None.

Thorn has hardened the past couple of days. Now, I doubt a deal gets done.

romain.star
02-21-2007, 12:40 PM
Hell,Iīd do it in a heart beat.
Jaric for Finley(I donīt know if the numbers work though.)

Jaric could have been an all star if.... he played better...