PDA

View Full Version : TMac on the Mavs - "Those guys are dirty"

LEONARD
02-20-2007, 09:01 AM
:clap

Probably the biggest compliment any other player has ever given the Mavs. The Mavs have gone from a bunch of "soft white boys" to a hard nosed team that can grind out wins or outrun you....

Even though the Houston All-Star Tracy McGrady bemoaned the lack of rivalries in the N.B.A., calling guys “too nice these days,” he said that did not apply to Dallas.

“Those guys are dirty,” McGrady said. “For real. They are dirty players. “They play the game the right way, but they have all the tricks. They get cheap shots in every now and then to just let you know that they’re there and they’re not going anywhere. And I respect that; that’s why they’re so good. They find a way.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/18/sports/basketball/18mavs.html

I don't think you can win a title WITHOUT playing exactly as TMac describes... :fro

Should be a fun 2nd half and playoffs...

ponky
02-20-2007, 09:08 AM
i'm so glad all-star weekend is over and we can get back to watching games tonight. i really hope dirk takes wade's comments to heart and drops 40+ on them come thursday night like he did a year ago when tim thomas called him a pu$$y. the heat have been playing better with shaq back but i think they'll get their asses handed to them on thursday, and while it might not mean anything, it will at least make me smile!

Dirk Nowitzki
02-20-2007, 09:56 AM
i'm so glad all-star weekend is over and we can get back to watching games tonight. i really hope dirk takes wade's comments to heart and drops 40+ on them come thursday night like he did a year ago when tim thomas called him a pu$$y. the heat have been playing better with shaq back but i think they'll get their asses handed to them on thursday, and while it might not mean anything, it will at least make me smile!

Mavs already won that game. Quote me on that! Heat should not even come to Dallas Thursday. They ought to just conceed and not bother making the trip. Mavs win this one with easy 111-78. Even if it is not a blowout, Mavs still will win this game.

Islymore
02-20-2007, 10:02 AM
i love how the Mavs went from being the _allas Mavs (due to lack of physicalness and defense) to being dirty... but i dunno, somethin about Tmac... i dont like. maybe its the googly eyes, i dunno...

Bruno
02-20-2007, 10:08 AM
Being dirty is far from being the same thing than being hard nosed. :rolleyes

stretch
02-20-2007, 10:28 AM
how right you are. but they are hard-nosed too. :rolleyes

LEONARD
02-20-2007, 10:29 AM

TMac isn't saying they're "dirty" in a whining kind of way...he's just saying that they play tough...

Every team that has ever won a title has been somewhat "dirty" as TMac explains it...

mikejones99
02-20-2007, 10:34 AM
Biting people is dirty

Bruno
02-20-2007, 10:44 AM
TMac isn't saying they're "dirty" in a whining kind of way...he's just saying that they play tough...

Every team that has ever won a title has been somewhat "dirty" as TMac explains it...

RIF.

TMac isn't saying that they are playing tough : "tricks" and "cheap shots" aren't tough.
Tmac isn't too saying that you need to be dirty to win a title, he said that a/the reason why Dallas is so good this year is because they are dirty.

stretch
02-20-2007, 10:46 AM
RIF.

TMac isn't saying that they are playing tough : "tricks" and "cheap shots" aren't tough.
Tmac isn't too saying that you need to be dirty to win a title, he said that a/the reason why Dallas is so good this year is because they are dirty.
:rolleyes

Kermit
02-20-2007, 10:47 AM
all tmac is saying here is that it's not a bad idea for dirk to take the occasional shower.

LEONARD
02-20-2007, 10:48 AM
RIF.

LOL...ok...

Saying that you have to be a little "dirty" to win a title was MY opinion...I wasn't saying that TMac said that...

So in your opinion, the Mavs aren't a tough team? Do they not play tough defense???

FromWayDowntown
02-20-2007, 11:00 AM
It's funny how Mavericks fans have gone from lambasting Bruce Bowen for being "dirty," to celebrating the fact that someone calls their team "dirty."

big3bigD
02-20-2007, 11:01 AM
numbers do not lie. the mavs have proved themselves to be one of the league's best defensive teams this season. they have done so by playing tough, fundamentally sound, hard nosed defense (and by using a few dirty tricks and cheap shots as well). Spurs fans are of course no stranger to this philiosophy, with Bowen being the best and most obvious example.

Bruno
02-20-2007, 11:02 AM
So in your opinion, the Mavs aren't a tough team? Do they not play tough defense???

I've never said they aren't tough.
Mavs are tougher and play better defense now than they did with Nelson.

However, Mavs aren't the toughest team in the league or the best defense (Rockets are the best defense in the league) : the reason why they have a great record is that they are talented. It's not a shot at Mavs, BB is a skills game : being talented is way more important than being tough.

big3bigD
02-20-2007, 11:02 AM
It's funny how Mavericks fans have gone from lambasting Bruce Bowen for being "dirty," to celebrating the fact that someone calls their team "dirty."

You beat me to this point by a few seconds. Bowen is the type of player that ones hates his team to play against, but also the type of player that anyone would want on their own team.

LEONARD
02-20-2007, 11:12 AM
I've never said they aren't tough.
Mavs are tougher and play better defense now than they did with Nelson.

However, Mavs aren't the toughest team in the league or the best defense (Rockets are the best defense in the league) : the reason why they have a great record is that they are talented. It's not a shot at Mavs, BB is a skills game : being talented is way more important than being tough.

Really?? They play better D than they did with Nelson? You're under-stating their defensive ability JUST A BIT, don't ya think??

Top 4 defenses in opponents PPG...

Houston Rockets 90.3
San Antonio Spurs 91.0
Dallas Mavericks 92.5
Detroit Pistons 92.8

They're 7th in opponents FG % (Spurs are 6th)

and I never said they're the toughest team or the best defensive team... :dizzy

There is a difference between playing a little dirty or physical and trying to injure someone like Bruce has been accused of doing in the past...

sribb43
02-20-2007, 11:16 AM
Biting people is dirty

AKA Robert Horry bitting Stack last year

big3bigD
02-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Horry knew that Stack would serve him up properly in an actual fistfight, so he just took a quick bite instead...... Dirty......

FromWayDowntown
02-20-2007, 11:19 AM
There is a difference between playing a little dirty or physical and trying to injure someone like Bruce has been accused of doing in the past...

I don't think there's any evidence that Bruce Bowen has ever tried to injure someone and I think that anyone who suggests the contrary is full of crap. Bruce Bowen plays the game hard and physically. Prima donna shooters and fans of prima donna shooters don't like that he plays the game that way. Is he afraid to mix it up with other players? Absolutely not. Does he play "a little dirty or physical?" Sure thing, and he wears two rings and has respect across the league for that effort -- the fact that stars hate to play against Bowen is proof positive that he's garnered their respect.

My point was that Bruce Bowen does the sorts of things as a basketball player that win championships. After years of bitching and moaning about the fact that he does it so well, perhaps now Mavericks fans will have some appreciation for just how valuable a tough, physical player like Bruce Bowen can be to a team seeking a title.

Bruno
02-20-2007, 11:34 AM
Really?? They play better D than they did with Nelson? You're under-stating their defensive ability JUST A BIT, don't ya think??

:lol Stop acting like a dumbass.
Did I say they are "slighty" better ?
I'm just saying that Mavs are playing better D than before : nothing more, nothing less.

Kermit
02-20-2007, 11:38 AM
AKA Robert Horry bitting Stack last year

well, at least he didn't fondle stack's testicles with his fist.

big3bigD
02-20-2007, 11:40 AM
well, at least he didn't fondle stack's testicles with his fist.

Judging by his descision to bite Stack instead of fight him, I'm sure that Horry has done plenty of testicle fondling in his day.

LEONARD
02-20-2007, 11:44 AM
I don't think there's any evidence that Bruce Bowen has ever tried to injure someone and I think that anyone who suggests the contrary is full of crap. Bruce Bowen plays the game hard and physically. Prima donna shooters and fans of prima donna shooters don't like that he plays the game that way. Is he afraid to mix it up with other players? Absolutely not. Does he play "a little dirty or physical?" Sure thing, and he wears two rings and has respect across the league for that effort -- the fact that stars hate to play against Bowen is proof positive that he's garnered their respect.

My point was that Bruce Bowen does the sorts of things as a basketball player that win championships. After years of bitching and moaning about the fact that he does it so well, perhaps now Mavericks fans will have some appreciation for just how valuable a tough, physical player like Bruce Bowen can be to a team seeking a title.

There seems to be a tendancy to stick his foot under shooters, whether he's doing it on purpose or not. It's not like it's just come up one time in the past from one player. Who knows if he really is doing it on purpose...

and yes, Bowen is the type of player that everybody loves to hate when he's not on their team...

:lol Stop acting like a dumbass.
Did I say they are "slighty" better ?
I'm just saying that Mavs are playing better D than before : nothing more, nothing less.

The Mavs have done a 180* turn compared to what they were with Nellie...there's just no point in even mentioning those teams when talking about the defense.

Of course they're playing "better"...they're one of the best D's in the league... :lol

Bruno
02-20-2007, 11:53 AM
there's just no point in even mentioning those teams when talking about the defense.

So it's pointless to mention why Mavs are better this year than three years ago.
:rolleyes

Amarelooms
02-20-2007, 12:04 PM
WGAS what T-mac thinks....

FromWayDowntown
02-20-2007, 12:08 PM
There seems to be a tendancy to stick his foot under shooters, whether he's doing it on purpose or not. It's not like it's just come up one time in the past from one player. Who knows if he really is doing it on purpose...

You'd think that if there was some discernable intent in anything that Bruce Bowen does, or if there was an immediate threat to any player based on tactics that are beyond the realm of basketball play, the NBA would have done something about it -- something tangible and concrete. I'm sure that Bruce Bowen is among the most closely-watched players in the league because of the allegations spewed about him, but curiously, despite those allegations, the league has done nothing about his play. That suggests to me that the league doesn't think anything that Bruce does is a problem. Stu Jackson called Bowen one time, without consulting the Spurs, and then only because Isiah Thomas had bitched and whined about Bruce. And even then, the message wasn't penal at all -- it was a simple admonition to watch his feet more carefullly. Unless you're convinced that the league somehow desires to protect Bruce Bowen more than it's superstars, there's no real logic in saying that what he does is questionable.

and yes, Bowen is the type of player that everybody loves to hate when he's not on their team...

Frankly, I think I'd still appreciate Bowen if he played elsewhere, because I appreciate guys who work hard, play the game hard, and do things exceedingly well.

LEONARD
02-20-2007, 12:22 PM
Only Bruce knows his intent...reviewing film of the incidents won't tell anybody anything, so how could the league do anything about it other than mention it to him?

It could be a bad habit or occasional bad luck because he just gets tight up on people when he's defending.

Or he may be thinking "oops, did my foot get a little too far under him?" *wink* *wink*

Who knows...he's a great defender regardless. I'm not taking a position on the issue...I just used the documented allegations against him as an example of what I would consider dirty (ie, intending to hurt someone).

Viva Las Espuelas
02-20-2007, 12:51 PM
Man, I thought the ACLU were uppity.

lefty
02-20-2007, 01:11 PM
http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/img/wfaa/06-06/0616_stackhouse250.jpg

http://cbs.sportsline.com/u/photos/ap/2000/may/foujk050601.jpg

http://images.fluctuat.net/d/a/david-hasselhoff-1.jpg

LEONARD
02-20-2007, 01:29 PM
http://www.rainbow-living.com/images/sorrygirlsmag1.jpg

Thanks for the contribution...

lefty
02-20-2007, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the contribution...

U don't get the message ; Mavs are gay

LEONARD
02-20-2007, 01:46 PM
U don't get the message ; Mavs are gay

Solid point...thank you...

big3bigD
02-20-2007, 01:47 PM
Tim Hardaway and John Amechi are gay

mabber
02-20-2007, 01:50 PM

It's even funnier that some of you care what T-Mac says. The dude has never even been on a team that has won a playoff series before :lol

lefty
02-20-2007, 01:55 PM
It's even funnier that some of you care what T-Mac says. The dude has never even been on a team that has won a playoff series before :lol

True ; maybe he is still pissed off by the fact that Dallas beat his team in the first round in 2005 (Dallas was led 2-0, but prevailed) ; I think the Rockets could have beaten Phoenix that year , because T-Mac and co had their numbers during the regular season ; that's what T-mac must be upset about...

LEONARD
02-20-2007, 01:55 PM
It's even funnier that some of you care what T-Mac says.

I took what he said as a compliment... *shrug*

LEONARD
02-20-2007, 01:56 PM
True ; maybe he is still pissed off by the fact that Dallas beat his team in the first round in 2005 (Dallas was led 2-0, but prevailed) ; I think the Rockets could have beaten Phoenix that year , because T-Mac and co had their numbers during the regular season ; that's what T-mac must be upset about...

Why is everyone acting like he's upset about anything???

I respect that; that’s why they’re so good. They find a way.

lefty
02-20-2007, 01:58 PM
Why is everyone acting like he's upset about anything???

I respect that; that’s why they’re so good. They find a way.

Exactly

mabber
02-20-2007, 02:05 PM
I took what he said as a compliment... *shrug*

Of course it's a compliment, but it's coming from a guy that has never been on a team that's even won a playoff series. Now if it came from Tim Duncan or someone that's won a championship then it would be really cool.

FromWayDowntown
02-20-2007, 02:21 PM

Actually, I didn't respond to anything that McGrady said. I responded to Mavs' fans caring about what Tracy McGrady said, noting my amusement that Mavericks fans suddenly aren't so concerned about players being labeled dirty, despite years of bitching about Bruce Bowen for that.

Good try, though.

Shank
02-20-2007, 02:27 PM
But when McGrady says "And I respect that; that’s why they’re so good. They find a way", do you think he'd say the same about Bowen's tactics? That he respects him for doing his little tricks? I doubt it.

FromWayDowntown
02-20-2007, 02:34 PM
But when McGrady says "And I respect that; that’s why they’re so good. They find a way", do you think he'd say the same about Bowen's tactics? That he respects him for doing his little tricks? I doubt it.

Actually, like Kobe Bryant, Tracy McGrady hasn't (as far as I know) ever had anything bad to say about Bruce Bowen and his "tactics." So, yeah, I'd think that he does respect Bruce Bowen in the same way.

Purple & Gold
02-20-2007, 02:52 PM
Bowen is a dirty player period. I've never seen a move like that before and he did it twice. Messing with ankles is as dirty as it gets.

ponky
02-20-2007, 02:53 PM
Actually, I didn't respond to anything that McGrady said. I responded to Mavs' fans caring about what Tracy McGrady said, noting my amusement that Mavericks fans suddenly aren't so concerned about players being labeled dirty, despite years of bitching about Bruce Bowen for that.

Good try, though.

actually, i'm amused that you care so much about what mavs fans think regarding t-mac's comments...you care so much that you've littered the thread with remarks and proceeded to inject baldy in the discussion and try so hard to put mavs fans in their place

cornbread
02-20-2007, 02:55 PM
McGrady on Bowen after a game in 2005.

McGrady credited the Spurs’ Bruce Bowen, who guarded him most of the night, in helping stop the surge.

“Facing a guy like Bruce Bowen, you just have to try to block everything out and concentrate on the moment,” McGrady said. “That’s a tough night of work. He’s one of the premier defenders in this league and on a fresh night, he’s going to make your night miserable.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10091498/

Bitch about Bowen all you want but please don't make shit up.

FromWayDowntown
02-20-2007, 03:00 PM
actually, i'm amused that you care so much about what mavs fans think regarding t-mac's comments...you care so much that you've littered the thread with remarks and proceeded to inject baldy in the discussion and try so hard to put mavs fans in their place

Like I say, I'm just amused by the sudden change of tenor.

Mostly, I'm bored right now and there's nothing in the Spurs forum that I care to discuss right now. I'm not entirely sure how I've "inject[ed] baldly" into the discussion. I've noted my amusement and refute responses that are either factually incorrect or otherwise misleading. Was I supposed to just skip over this and leave it solely for Mavs fans to author self-congratulatory posts?

But, if it comforts you somehow to think that I'm desperately seeking to make snide comments to Mavs fans, knock yourself out.

I think many of the Mavs fans who come here are alright, and I've certainly made no bones about my respect for the way the Mavericks play basketball.

Purple & Gold
02-20-2007, 03:00 PM
Bitch about Bowen all you want but please don't make shit up.
I hope you're not talking about his leg sweeps. Cause that shit is on tape.

ponky
02-20-2007, 03:01 PM
Actually, like Kobe Bryant, Tracy McGrady hasn't (as far as I know) ever had anything bad to say about Bruce Bowen and his "tactics." So, yeah, I'd think that he does respect Bruce Bowen in the same way.

So using your logic we can assume that because T-mac only had something to say about the officiating in the Finals series and he never had anything bad to say about the Spurs/Mavs series officiating, he was fine with the way that series turned out?

It's funny how you were amused about how Mavs fans cared about T-Mac's comments and then two Spurs fans (including yourself) cited his comments as examples of what he thinks regarding Bowen... as if we should care.

cornbread
02-20-2007, 03:05 PM
I hope you're not talking about his leg sweeps. Cause that shit is on tape.

No, I was referring to McGrady's opinions on Bruce. Much like Kobe, McGrady has never felt the need to bitch about Bowen. But don't let that stop you. Let the bitch-fest continue.

Purple & Gold
02-20-2007, 03:10 PM
No, I was referring to McGrady's opinions on Bruce. Much like Kobe, McGrady has never felt the need to bitch about Bowen. But don't let that stop you. Let the bitch-fest continue.
I never had a problem with Bowen before, until his little incidents. Since nobody got hurt and I doubt he has the balls to try it again, I won't hold it too much against him. But I will definitely call him out on it.

ponky
02-20-2007, 03:11 PM

http://www.bold-claim.com/includes/uploadedimages/040123_223905-1232_who-fuckin-cares.jpg

bowen = non-factor these days

FromWayDowntown
02-20-2007, 03:11 PM
So using your logic we can assume that because T-mac only had something to say about the officiating in the Finals series and he never had anything bad to say about the Spurs/Mavs series officiating, he was fine with the way that series turned out?

It's funny how you were amused about how Mavs fans cared about T-Mac's comments and then two Spurs fans (including yourself) cited his comments as examples of what he thinks regarding Bowen... as if we should care.

Wrong again. I didn't cite to any comments from McGrady about Bowen as proof of anything. I was asked, hypothetically, if I thought McGrady would be cool with Bowen's "tactics" and responded, based on things that he's previously said or not said, that I didn't figure McGrady had any problem with that.

I've never chastized Mavs fans for caring about what McGrady actually said -- if you want to believe it, believe it. I've just found it amusing that Mavs fans are exuberant that their team is called dirty, when (by and large) Mavs fans have led the charge in calling out Bruce Bowen in particular as a dirty player and decrying the notion of "dirty" play in the NBA. Comprende?

leemajors
02-20-2007, 03:13 PM
:corn:

ponky
02-20-2007, 03:26 PM
Wrong again. I didn't cite to any comments from McGrady about Bowen as proof of anything. I was asked, hypothetically, if I thought McGrady would be cool with Bowen's "tactics" and responded, based on things that he's previously said or not said, that I didn't figure McGrady had any problem with that.

I've never chastized Mavs fans for caring about what McGrady actually said -- if you want to believe it, believe it. I've just found it amusing that Mavs fans are exuberant that their team is called dirty, when (by and large) Mavs fans have led the charge in calling out Bruce Bowen in particular as a dirty player and decrying the notion of "dirty" play in the NBA. Comprende?

no you certainly did not cite tmac's comments as proof of anything, you did something even worse! you formulated an assumption based on hot air, that is, an absence of commentary from tmac about your boy bowen...lots of people don't comment about lots of issues, doesn't mean they don't have an opinion about it

i never said you chastised mavs fans, i merely stated that i thought it was odd that you found it amusing that mavs fans cared about tmac's comments and then went on to make an assumption based on a whole mound of nothing from tmac

mavs fans have not led the charge in calling out bowen, don't exagerrate...maybe on THIS board because spurs/mavs like to talk smack to each other, certainly not in the greater scheme of things...there have been articles about bowen's D, players from non-mavs team have questioned his tactics, fans from lots of other teams bitch about him in their forums, Isaiah went apeshit on him, etc etc etc....Mavs fans have led the charge? Ha, I don't think so, we don't obsess over Bowen, he hasn't injured one of our players and he no longer frustrates our guys like he did back in the day.

cornbread
02-20-2007, 03:34 PM
http://www.bold-claim.com/includes/uploadedimages/040123_223905-1232_who-fuckin-cares.jpg

bowen = non-factor these days

Maybe he's not shutting guys down night in night out like did in the past but he's still one of the better perimeter defenders in the league.

Amarelooms
02-20-2007, 03:39 PM

Hey Ponky...I love you :elephant

FromWayDowntown
02-20-2007, 03:41 PM
no you certainly did not cite tmac's comments as proof of anything, you did something even worse! you formulated an assumption based on hot air, that is, an absence of commentary from tmac about your boy bowen...lots of people don't comment about lots of issues, doesn't mean they don't have an opinion about it

Yeah, you're right. I should have scoured the internet for some older game story or interview to confirm what McGrady actually thinks of Bruce Bowen, rather than taking my perception of the absence of any derogatory comment as proof to support my answer to a hypothetical question. I mean, it's not as if one could reasonably assume that Tracy McGrady has been given plenty of opportunities to lambaste Bowen if he so chose. You're right, reading something into that deafening silence was really, really unprincipled of me.

And, oh by the way, cornbread's posts have certainly established (far moreso than anyone else has attempted to) that my assumption drawn from the absence of other comment is much more plausible than shank's hypothesis.

i never said you chastised mavs fans, i merely stated that i thought it was odd that you found it amusing that mavs fans cared about tmac's comments and then went on to make an assumption based on a whole mound of nothing from tmac

Again, I was responding to a hypothetical question based on evidence -- or, perhaps, the absence of contrary evidence -- on the subject.

As I've said before, my point has never once related to whether Tracy McGrady is right or not. You seem to want to hang me on a credibility determination concerning what Tracy McGrady says or doesn't say. I'll accept his statements about the Mavericks as true. His statements certainly comport with what I've seen of the Mavericks, who appear to be a physically and mentally tough basketball team these days.

My amusement comes from applauding the Mavericks for being dirty when, for so many years, being dirty has been so appalling to Mavericks' fans. I don't think those are terribly complex or controversial thoughts.

mavs fans have not led the charge in calling out bowen, don't exagerrate...maybe on THIS board because spurs/mavs like to talk smack to each other, certainly not in the greater scheme of things...there have been articles about bowen's D, players from non-mavs team have questioned his tactics, fans from lots of other teams bitch about him in their forums, Isaiah went apeshit on him, etc etc etc....Mavs fans have led the charge? Ha, I don't think so, we don't obsess over Bowen, he hasn't injured one of our players and he no longer frustrates our guys like he did back in the day.

Yeah, I've never trolled through a Mavericks forum -- or all of them -- only to repeatedly and frequently see bile spewed about Bruce Bowen, his "dirty tactics," cries for him to be severely punished by the league (up to and including banishment), for him to be injured by opposing players, and other such nonsense. You're right in the sense that "leading the charge" might have been hyperbole; but since when it hyperbole not a useful part of argumentative rhetoric? In any event, it's clear to me that many Mavericks fans have kvetched for years about Bruce Bowen, decrying him for being dirty and assailing any thought that being dirty was a good thing. Now that someone is calling the Mavericks dirty, it's amusing to me that being perceived as dirty might not be so bad after all.

ponky
02-20-2007, 04:20 PM
Maybe he's not shutting guys down night in night out like did in the past but he's still one of the better perimeter defenders in the league.

lol, i'm mostly just trying to get you guys riled up and apparently one fan is all hot and botherede (not you, you're chill), it's been a couple of days and i'm excited that nba ball is back on tv

FromWayDowntown
02-20-2007, 04:27 PM
lol, i'm mostly just trying to get you guys riled up and apparently one fan is all hot and botherede (not you, you're chill), it's been a couple of days and i'm excited that nba ball is back on tv

I'll assume that you're talking about me. I can assure you that I'm not hot and bothered about anything. It's an interesting conversation to me, but nothing more than that. In the end, hypocrisy is hypocrisy. I take no issue with anything that McGrady said, just with Mavs' fans responses to what McGrady said.

I will leave it at that.

mavsfan1000
02-20-2007, 05:02 PM
Who fucking cares what Mcgrady says. He is probably pissed to have lost 3 straight games against the mavs.

P-O-Z
02-20-2007, 05:05 PM
Mavs already won that game. Quote me on that! Heat should not even come to Dallas Thursday. They ought to just conceed and not bother making the trip. Mavs win this one with easy 111-78. Even if it is not a blowout, Mavs still will win this game.
JUST LIKE YOU SAY DIRK IS THE THREE POINT CHAMP WE WILL SEE COME THURSDAY NIGHT WHEN D-WADE TAKES OVER THA GAME TRUST ME HOMEBOY WELL SEE WHO WINS

mabber
02-20-2007, 05:08 PM
JUST LIKE YOU SAY DIRK IS THE THREE POINT CHAMP WE WILL SEE COME THURSDAY NIGHT WHEN D-WADE TAKES OVER THA GAME TRUST ME HOMEBOY WELL SEE WHO WINS

I'd worry about the Heat beating the Rockets on Wednesday night. The Heat will be lucky to win one of those 2 games.

P-O-Z
02-20-2007, 05:13 PM
I'd worry about the Heat beating the Rockets on Wednesday night. The Heat will be lucky to win one of those 2 games.
:nope HELL NAW we will win both and d-wade will take over you best believe it

mabber
02-20-2007, 05:20 PM
:nope HELL NAW we will win both and d-wade will take over you best believe it

You should bet a 2 game parlay on that. You'd win a decent chunk of change if the Heat won both those road games on back-to-back nights. The odds are against them even winning 1 of those games. They'll be the underdog in both games.

P-O-Z
02-20-2007, 05:22 PM
You should bet a 2 game parlay on that. You'd win a decent chunk of change if the Heat won both those road games on back-to-back nights. The odds are against them even winning 1 of those games. They'll be the underdog in both games. exactly underdawgs always on top ya dig

TheMulvany
02-20-2007, 05:34 PM
RIF.

Mavs players don't bite people, or jump kick people in the face. That's dirty. So before you start crying, look at the Spurs history first.

mavsfan1000
02-20-2007, 05:34 PM
If you truly believe that P-O-Z go to Vegas and you could get a bunch of money. The Heat will probably win in a close game against Houston and get blown out by the mavs the next night. That's my prediction.

P-O-Z
02-20-2007, 05:35 PM
If you truly believe that P-O-Z go to Vegas and you could get a bunch of money. The Heat will probably win in a close game against Houston and get blown out by the mavs the next night. That's my prediction.
we will not get blown out and werent you the one who laughed at me when i said kapono would win the 3 point shootout.

Shank
02-20-2007, 05:53 PM
Think you could make your signature a little bigger?

LEONARD
02-20-2007, 06:03 PM
Think you could make your signature a little bigger?

That's the down-sized version...Kori already got onto him once...

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59939

he'll be changing it again soon I'm sure... :lol

mavsfan1000
02-20-2007, 06:06 PM
we will not get blown out and werent you the one who laughed at me when i said kapono would win the 3 point shootout.
Go bet it than. Obviously you think a lot different when money is on the line. :D

cornbread
02-20-2007, 06:12 PM
Mavs players don't bite people, or jump kick people in the face. That's dirty. So before you start crying, look at the Spurs history first.

Did you really think you could post this without somebody bringing up Jason Terry's uppercut to the Fin-nuts? And everybody knows that Horry didn't actually bite Stack. He just "mouthed" it. There was no contact between teeth and skin. If you want to paint the Spurs in a "dirty" light there are better examples out there.

Amarelooms
02-20-2007, 06:14 PM

Wade is a slimy cocksucker who can rot in hell.....just saying :elephant

P-O-Z
02-20-2007, 06:19 PM
Wade is a slimy cocksucker who can rot in hell.....just saying :elephant
wow i mean wow u need jesus and also were you reffering to your mom when you said slimy cocksucker :king

Amarelooms
02-20-2007, 06:22 PM
wow i mean wow u need jesus and also were you reffering to your mom when you said slimy cocksucker :king

No I was referring to Wade that media whore who likes to act hurt every game and pretends that the refs are not giving him calls. I look forward to Stack fouling the shit out of his punk ass Thursday to show him what real foul is. Now fuck off cunt face....

big3bigD
02-20-2007, 06:23 PM
Did you really think you could post this without somebody bringing up Jason Terry's uppercut to the Fin-nuts? And everybody knows that Horry didn't actually bite Stack. He just "mouthed" it. There was no contact between teeth and skin. If you want to paint the Spurs in a "dirty" light there are better examples out there.

LMFAO at Spurs fan. There's no denying that Terry punched Finley in the nutz to get him off of him just like there is no denying that Horry took a bite out of Stack's arm. It was a big enough bite that Stack and Terry and several other players noticed and pointed it out immediately.

What reason exactly would Horry have to "mouth" somebody's arm during a scuffle?

leemajors
02-20-2007, 06:23 PM
paging troll forum...

P-O-Z
02-20-2007, 06:24 PM
No I was referring to Wade that media whore who likes to act hurt every game and pretends that the refs are not giving him calls. I look forward to Stack fouling the shit out of his punk ass Thursday to show him what real foul is. Now fuck off cunt face....
did i hear somethin oh yeah i heard a punkass bitch whos mom like to suck dick

Amarelooms
02-20-2007, 06:26 PM

Haha great comeback. Also, why don't you add a couple more pics of the man of your dreams to your sigature...it's so cool. What a douche bag lol.

P-O-Z
02-20-2007, 06:28 PM
Haha great comeback. Also, why don't you add a couple more pics of the man of your dreams to your sigature...it's so cool. What a douche bag lol.
u makin fun of bryan pata homeboi

mavs>spurs2
02-20-2007, 06:29 PM
Wow could we try to grow up and cut down on the insults? Honestly how old are you guys....

Kermit
02-20-2007, 06:30 PM
LMFAO at Spurs fan. There's no denying that Terry punched Finley in the nutz to get him off of him just like there is no denying that Horry took a bite out of Stack's arm. It was a big enough bite that Stack and Terry and several other players noticed and pointed it out immediately.

What reason exactly would Horry have to "mouth" somebody's arm during a scuffle?

let me answer your question with an even better one...

what reason exactly would terry have to "hit, fondle, rub, massage, taste, or otherwise carress" somebody's balls during a scuffle? amaechitis?

cornbread
02-20-2007, 06:36 PM

Your memory of the incident is different than mine. Read up.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=2353401&type=story

Stack himself said he didn't even realize that Horry tried to bite him. That's amazing considering that Horry took a chunk out of his arm. :lol And don't give me that self defense "to get him off" bullshit.

big3bigD
02-20-2007, 06:39 PM
let me answer your question with an even better one...

what reason exactly would terry have to "hit, fondle, rub, massage, taste, or otherwise carress" somebody's balls during a scuffle? amaechitis?

:wtf I'm not sure how that is a better question. Hitting somebody during a scuffle is both reasonable and even expected.

IMO, "mouthing" somene's arm is not. :rolleyes

As I said earlier, judging by Horry's descision to "mouth" Stack's arm instead of trying to fight him, Horry is the one who has "amechieitis" and "fondles, tastes, massages, and caresses" balls on a regular basis. :toast :lol

big3bigD
02-20-2007, 06:47 PM
Your memory of the incident is different than mine. Read up.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id=2353401&type=story

Stack himself said he didn't even realize that Horry tried to bite him. That's amazing considering that Horry took a chunk out of his arm. :lol And don't give me that self defense "to get him off" bullshit.

My memory is fine. Look at the tape and you will see players immediately pointing it out to the referees. I was watching the game. you obviously were not, so don't give me this " he only mouthed him" bullshit. Stack and Terry both were pointing madly at the refs and Horry and their arms. Maybe it was just a coincidence?? :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

Your memory also seems poor about the incident in the playoffs. People get punched for standing on top of players.

I will send you the youtube links if you need to watch them again and refresh your memory. I find video footage to be alot more credible than an old, after the fact article....

Now you stop with your bullshit Spurs fan, and take off those homer glasses. I said both were dirty and probably unnecessary, you are trying to convince yourself that Horry "mouthed" an arm during a scuffle... :wtf :lol :lol :lol :lol

BUMP
02-20-2007, 06:54 PM
MAvs will pull out the cheap shot when things arent going their way. usually in blowouts.

Ex) last year we got blown out by the Laker sand Kobe was dropping 60 on us, but Josh Howard answered with a blatant clothesline on Bryant.

Ex) last year we play the Raptors, we are losing by thirteen. Terry throws a punch at one of their big men, he gets T-ed up obviously but it sparked a comeback.

Ex) Finals, Stack on Shaq

Amarelooms
02-20-2007, 07:05 PM
MAvs will pull out the cheap shot when things arent going their way. usually in blowouts.

Ex) last year we got blown out by the Laker sand Kobe was dropping 60 on us, but Josh Howard answered with a blatant clothesline on Bryant.

Ex) last year we play the Raptors, we are losing by thirteen. Terry throws a punch at one of their big men, he gets T-ed up obviously but it sparked a comeback.

Ex) Finals, Stack on Shaq

I have no problem is the Mavs take a "cheap shot" at Wade as long as the intent is not to injure but send a message. I encourge Avery to tell his players that Wade needs to be on his ass frequent and often....

cornbread
02-20-2007, 07:07 PM
My memory is fine. Look at the tape and you will see players immediately pointing it out to the referees. I was watching the game. you obviously were not, so don't give me this " he only mouthed him" bullshit. Stack and Terry both were pointing madly at the refs and Horry and their arms. Maybe it was just a coincidence?? :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

Your memory also seems poor about the incident in the playoffs. People get punched for standing on top of players.

I will send you the youtube links if you need to watch them again and refresh your memory. I find video footage to be alot more credible than an old, after the fact article....

Now you stop with your bullshit Spurs fan, and take off those homer glasses. I said both were dirty and probably unnecessary, you are trying to convince yourself that Horry "mouthed" an arm during a scuffle... :wtf :lol :lol :lol :lol

Dude, your assumptions are killing me. I was at that game so spare me the Youtube threats and the "you must not have been watching" lines.

Take a look at your youtube again. Do you find it strange that Stack doesn't so much as blink or flinch when the bite takes place?? He never even checks his arm. That's because contact was not made. Did you read the article??? Read it. The NBA and Stack disagree with your verdict. But hey, your opinion is the one that really matters.

That fact that you justify Terry's punch because Finley was "standing over him" is utterly absurd. Stop drinking the Cuban kool-aid and think for yourself!

Amarelooms
02-20-2007, 07:10 PM
Dude, your assumptions are killing me. I was at that game so spare me the Youtube threats and the "you must not have been watching" lines.

Take a look at your youtube again. Do you find it strange that Stack doesn't so much as blink or flinch when the bite takes place?? He never even checks his arm. That's because contact was not made. Did you read the article??? Read it. The NBA and Stack disagree with your verdict. But hey, your opinion is the one that really matters.

That fact that you justify Terry's punch because Finley was "standing over him" is utterly absurd. Stop drinking the Cuban kool-aid and think for yourself!

So sad SPurs homer...have some respect and stop trying to defend one over the other.

cornbread
02-20-2007, 07:13 PM
So sad SPurs homer...have some respect and stop trying to defend one over the other.

Early I said that there are better examples if you want to paint the Spurs in a "dirty" light. The Horry incident is not one of them.

I didn't defend or justify anything. My postition has been that contact was never made.

jeffdrums22
02-20-2007, 09:40 PM
:clap

Probably the biggest compliment any other player has ever given the Mavs. The Mavs have gone from a bunch of "soft white boys" to a hard nosed team that can grind out wins or outrun you....

Even though the Houston All-Star Tracy McGrady bemoaned the lack of rivalries in the N.B.A., calling guys “too nice these days,” he said that did not apply to Dallas.

“Those guys are dirty,” McGrady said. “For real. They are dirty players. “They play the game the right way, but they have all the tricks. They get cheap shots in every now and then to just let you know that they’re there and they’re not going anywhere. And I respect that; that’s why they’re so good. They find a way.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/18/sports/basketball/18mavs.html

I don't think you can win a title WITHOUT playing exactly as TMac describes... :fro

Should be a fun 2nd half and playoffs...

Well, the Mavs already got the NOT winning a title WITH playing like that. So, too late.

Amare_32
02-20-2007, 09:45 PM
I have no problem is the Mavs take a "cheap shot" at Wade as long as the intent is not to injure but send a message. I encourge Avery to tell his players that Wade needs to be on his ass frequent and often....

MBenga

Amarelooms
02-20-2007, 10:01 PM
MBenga

He's out for the season...

Amare_32
02-20-2007, 10:03 PM
He's out for the season...

Well there goes the expendable center to use on Wade for hard fouls.

LEONARD
02-21-2007, 09:09 AM
Well, the Mavs already got the NOT winning a title WITH playing like that. So, too late.

Oh hell...the biggest b-ball idiot on ST is chiming in now!!! :lol

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60602

The Orlando loss was a fluke loss on a fluke dunk by a fluke player.

Just ask the unheard of players before the Spurs series such as Josh Howard and Jason Terry. Who really even knew who those guys were before the Spurs series last year?

The reason I called Howard and his dunk a fluke is because of how much hype he got for making one dunk. He isn't a brilliant or great player right now, at least.

:donkey

BUMP
02-21-2007, 09:13 AM

e-thug forum

kskonn
02-21-2007, 05:27 PM

I would imagine that if the Mavericks keep playing the type of defense they have been playing this year someone on your team will start to get accused of the same types of things. The first few years Bowen was playing for the leauge he never got accused of this stuff, it was when he consistently started being a pain in the ass for star players that he started getting accused of these things. It was there only way they could try and get the refs to make calls against him, it did not work.

mabber
02-21-2007, 05:44 PM
I would imagine that if the Mavericks keep playing the type of defense they have been playing this year someone on your team will start to get accused of the same types of things. The first few years Bowen was playing for the leauge he never got accused of this stuff, it was when he consistently started being a pain in the ass for star players that he started getting accused of these things. It was there only way they could try and get the refs to make calls against him, it did not work.

Van Gundy basically accused Josh Howard of playing dirty the other day in the following quote...

"That's what we don't like about him, because it's hard to play against nasty competitors, but that's what we respect the most about him, If you're going to beat them, you have to have somebody who's not a nice guy matched up against him because he's a ruthless, nasty competitor. That's what he is. And you have to give him credit for how much he's improved his skill level. But his demeanor has stayed the same."

LEONARD
02-21-2007, 06:18 PM
"JHo got crazy game........"

/Lazer

E20
02-21-2007, 07:22 PM
People should stop complaining about the Spurs being dirty then.

confined
02-21-2007, 08:17 PM
haha horry bit stack....thats just too funny :lol

mavsfan1000
02-21-2007, 08:20 PM
People should stop complaining about the Spurs being dirty then.
The spurs are definitely not dirty. The Heat are a dirty team and that is maybe why they beat Dallas other than the refs.

schadenfreude52
02-21-2007, 10:08 PM

I find it amusing that Dwyane is actually misspelled in that pic...

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a370/chrisneo/elite.jpg

mabber
02-21-2007, 10:40 PM
haha horry bit stack....thats just too funny :lol

Yeah, Horry isn't a dirty player either. It's really just funny that he did that more than anything. Maybe he just always wanted to know what Stack tasted like? :lol

dbreiden83080
02-21-2007, 10:43 PM

Wade is tuning up the band and will probably go off on you guys for about 50 wait and see.

Amare_32
02-21-2007, 10:44 PM
Yeah, Horry isn't a dirty player either. It's really just funny that he did that more than anything. Maybe he just always wanted to know what Stack tasted like? :lol

Maybe he tasted like chicken. :lol

Amare_32
02-21-2007, 10:44 PM
Wade is tuning up the band and will probably go off on you guys for about 50 wait and see.

From the freethrow line

LEONARD
02-22-2007, 10:20 AM
WE WILL SEE COME THURSDAY NIGHT WHEN D-WADE TAKES OVER THA GAME TRUST ME HOMEBOY WELL SEE WHO WINS

:cry :cry :( :(