PDA

View Full Version : I'm Impatient

2Blonde
02-20-2007, 02:46 PM
Someone needs to buy my my house NOW Dammit ( or is it Damnit?) !!!!! Anyway, we put our house on the market about 10-11 days ago and it still isn't sold. It's a beautiful house in a great neighborhood and we certainly are not asking too much for it. I just wanted to sell it on the first day. Is that asking too much? Our new home is going to be ready almost 2 months ahead of schedule so we had to bust our ass to get this one ready and now I'm frustrated. :bang
We've only had three Realtors make appointments and bring people by to see the house. A fourth is supposed to be coming by in a few minutes. Keeping the house "show ready" every day is tough.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-20-2007, 02:51 PM
$200.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-20-2007, 02:51 PM
+ Closing costs.

02-20-2007, 02:52 PM
Damn 2Blonde, it has only been on the market for less than two weeks and only over one weekend. Give it time.

One next door to me stayed on the market for over 4 months, the other one next door was on the market for only 3 days, so you never know.

You and my wife went to the same class for patience, didn't ya'll?

Trainwreck2100
02-20-2007, 02:57 PM
the real estate market is a fickle thing

PM5K
02-20-2007, 03:00 PM
L O L

Taco
02-20-2007, 03:13 PM
90 Days Or Less Your House Will Sell

PM5K
02-20-2007, 03:19 PM
Call this chick:

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/3279/tbobandtom2bc2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

CosmicCowboy
02-20-2007, 03:46 PM
you should post your bravatar for good luck.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-20-2007, 03:53 PM
Call this chick:

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/3279/tbobandtom2bc2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)Tanya. mmmmmmmmmm

01Snake
02-20-2007, 03:58 PM
Our last house was in your area and sold in about 2 months. This was a little over 2 years ago so you might have better luck then we did.

Good luck!!

Melmart1
02-20-2007, 04:02 PM
Good luck selling the house, 2Blonde. There are houses in my neighborhood that have been for sale for months, but this area is not as desirable as yours, so hopefully you get an offer really soon.

ChumpDumper
02-20-2007, 04:03 PM
I just wanted to sell it on the first day. Is that asking too much?Yes.

Trainwreck2100
02-20-2007, 04:12 PM
Yes.

no it's not a family friend put her house on the market, and 20 minutes after it was put in the system, it got a call to show, and the people that saw it bought it.

CosmicCowboy
02-20-2007, 04:26 PM
no it's not a family friend put her house on the market, and 20 minutes after it was put in the system, it got a call to show, and the people that saw it bought it.

underpriced

ChumpDumper
02-20-2007, 04:27 PM
Yeah, your friend got boned.

2Blonde
02-20-2007, 05:02 PM
Damn 2Blonde, it has only been on the market for less than two weeks and only over one weekend. Give it time.

One next door to me stayed on the market for over 4 months, the other one next door was on the market for only 3 days, so you never know.

You and my wife went to the same class for patience, didn't ya'll?

Why yes, I believe we did. You have a problem with that? :p:

90 Days Or Less Your House Will Sell

That won't work since we close on our new home in approx. 36 days. Remember the part I said about it being ready ahead of schedule. I really don't want to being making 2 house payments if I don't have to.

Lets see some pics of the house. Maybe I will buy it.

Unless you're planning on moving here and settling down it probably isn't for you. It's a little bit higher priced than the typical investment property and it's a gated family community.

02-20-2007, 05:05 PM
2Blonde, which gated community are you in?

PM5K
02-20-2007, 05:06 PM
I don't remember any gate...

2Blonde
02-20-2007, 05:17 PM
Stone Valley.

PM5K,
It was there. Maybe your memory is going.

Here's the listing if anyone knows of someone who is house hunting. It's by appointment only through a realtor. There is a virtual tour you can click on on the link. The red twirling house thingy. Then the tabs that are lit up with a red light are panoramic shots of the rooms. The only bad thing is that the gardens aren't in bloom this time of year. My back yards has gorgeous exotic blooms and trees that offer lots of privacy off of the double deck all through out the summer and fall.
http://realtor.com/FindHome/HomeListing.asp?snum=4&frm=bymlsid&pgnum=1&mls=xmls&js=off&fid=so&vtsort=&ss_aywr=&locallnk=&poe=realtor&ct=&zp=&primaryZp=&nearbyZp=&mnprice=0&mxprice=99999999&mnbed=0&mnbath=0&typ=1&typ=2&typ=4&mnsqft=0&exft=0&exft=0&exft=0&exft=0&lid=635860&sid=0816A745E2E0C&snumxlid=1075861475&lnksrc=00006

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
02-20-2007, 05:26 PM
Man, houses are dirt cheap in TX.

johngateswhiteley
02-20-2007, 05:32 PM

yeah.

2Blonde
02-20-2007, 05:37 PM
That's why people from California are moving here in record numbers.

Trainwreck2100
02-20-2007, 05:40 PM
yeah and those fuckers are driving up property value

Fillmoe
02-20-2007, 05:49 PM
thats cuz you are selling your house at the wrong time..... the market is going down..... ppl arent gonna pay the high prices now when they know in a few months they could be lower

01Snake
02-20-2007, 05:52 PM
thats cuz you are selling your house at the wrong time..... the market is going down..... ppl arent gonna pay the high prices now when they know in a few months they could be lower

Not in San Antonio. Prices are still pretty steady here compared to just about everywhere else in the country. If anything, she could make more selling it in a few months as this is the slower time of year to sell.

Again, good luck. Selling your house can be very frustrating.

SequSpur
02-20-2007, 06:35 PM
http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/shows_hdts/0,1804,HGTV_15857,00.html

We sold our house in one day last year.

From the looks of your listing..... seriously...

Your pics suck.

Your house is cluttered.

The curb appeal is terrible.

Your price per square feet is high.

The only way to get that price is to "design to sell"

See website.

PM5K
02-20-2007, 06:40 PM
Stone Valley.

PM5K,
It was there. Maybe your memory is going.

THATS RIGHT!

I remember now, I had to climb over it, but it was well worth the effort...

ALVAREZ6
02-20-2007, 06:41 PM
Not in San Antonio. Prices are still pretty steady here compared to just about everywhere else in the country.
bullshit.

Shelly
02-20-2007, 06:50 PM

Your pics suck.

Your house is cluttered.

See website.

What has Pseudo been putting in your pie?

I dont' think her house is cluttered at all and for Stone Oak, that's pretty reasonably priced.

clambake
02-20-2007, 06:53 PM
What curb appeal!!? Are there no blue sky's in texas? Change that shot. Furniture placement is a nightmare. Get the crap off those kitchen cabinets, top and bottom. The rooms look cramped. Take half of your shit to storage and dump every fake plant in the garbage. Steam clean the carpets. No pictures of bathrooms?

Set it up like a model home. If you are buying furniture for the new house, buy it now and let it help you sell THIS house first. The family room looks like storage. Get in the game.

2Blonde
02-20-2007, 06:59 PM

Your pics suck.

Your house is cluttered.

See website.
Well F U too Sequ... Did you look at the virtual tour or just the digital stills? I had nothing to do with the quality of the pics they put on the website. we even provided them with some pics, the realtor snapped some photos one day before the house was "show ready".
The house is not at all cluttered. The only only room with any stuff in it is the office and there isn't a whole lot I can do about that. but everything is put neatly in matching coordinating fabric bins.
This house undergoes a thorough cleaning and decluttering every single day and has been completely repainted on the interior.

The front yard is mulched and planted with flowers. I am terribly sorry my hibiscus and hydrangeas aren't in season yet. They don't bloom until June. But the blooms on my Hibiscus are 10-12" across. Everyone who has looked at the house so far has commented on the beautiful yard though. The back yard is mulched and has rock gardens and flower gardens along with 9-10 Oaks and Crepe Myrtles, roses, shrubs and a 2 tiered covered deck

At under $80 a sq ft, our price per sq ft is great for our area considering all the upgrades we have.

Chagus
02-20-2007, 07:35 PM
Someone needs to buy my my house NOW Dammit ( or is it Damnit?) !!!!! Anyway, we put our house on the market about 10-11 days ago and it still isn't sold. It's a beautiful house in a great neighborhood and we certainly are not asking too much for it. I just wanted to sell it on the first day. Is that asking too much? Our new home is going to be ready almost 2 months ahead of schedule so we had to bust our ass to get this one ready and now I'm frustrated. :bang
We've only had three Realtors make appointments and bring people by to see the house. A fourth is supposed to be coming by in a few minutes. Keeping the house "show ready" every day is tough.

It takes a lot longer than a couple of weeks. Sometimes months.

2Blonde
02-20-2007, 07:45 PM
What curb appeal!!? Are there no blue sky's in texas? Change that shot. Furniture placement is a nightmare. Get the crap off those kitchen cabinets, top and bottom. The rooms look cramped. Take half of your shit to storage and dump every fake plant in the garbage. Steam clean the carpets. No pictures of bathrooms?

Set it up like a model home. If you are buying furniture for the new house, buy it now and let it help you sell THIS house first. The family room looks like storage. Get in the game.
We haven't had blue skies in the recent past. You work with what you have. I appreciate all the psuedo-experts in here, but there is nothing cramped or wrong with my house it has beautiful tall ceilings and large rooms. The counters and rooms are staged just as we have been advised by "our" real estate experts. There is some greenery mixed with grapevine wreaths above the kitchen cabinets that "our experts" told us to keep there but we don't have any fake plants. I do have a storage unit that is filled with stuff I didn't put back up after I had the place painted. I love this house and will miss it. I don't need you guys to call my things crap. All I did was say I was impatient to sell. So bite me!!!

SequSpur
02-20-2007, 11:47 PM
Well F U too Sequ... Did you look at the virtual tour or just the digital stills? I had nothing to do with the quality of the pics they put on the website. we even provided them with some pics, the realtor snapped some photos one day before the house was "show ready".
The house is not at all cluttered. The only only room with any stuff in it is the office and there isn't a whole lot I can do about that. but everything is put neatly in matching coordinating fabric bins.
This house undergoes a thorough cleaning and decluttering every single day and has been completely repainted on the interior.

The front yard is mulched and planted with flowers. I am terribly sorry my hibiscus and hydrangeas aren't in season yet. They don't bloom until June. But the blooms on my Hibiscus are 10-12" across. Everyone who has looked at the house so far has commented on the beautiful yard though. The back yard is mulched and has rock gardens and flower gardens along with 9-10 Oaks and Crepe Myrtles, roses, shrubs and a 2 tiered covered deck

At under $80 a sq ft, our price per sq ft is great for our area considering all the upgrades we have.

take it from someone who sold their house in a day... your realtor put your first impression right there on the website.. shitty pics... the only good one is the back patio...

constructive criticism.. learn from it... the bushes in the front yard need to be trimmed as well....

your house looks no different than the 500 available homes that cost $75 per sf, brand new.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-20-2007, 11:57 PM
Typical women

:lol
such a typical woman thread :reading

slayermin
02-21-2007, 12:23 AM
Wow. Very nice house at a great price.

TDMVPDPOY
02-21-2007, 02:02 AM
throw in a root, we got ourselves a deal hahaha

Nbadan
02-21-2007, 03:24 AM
Very nice house, but I could buy one just like that, or better, for 200K in Westover or off Bulverde rd and make $2500 on the deal at closing w/ a 5 year warranty. So what's your selling point? It should be that your (hopefully) grand-fathered into Reagan H.S..

johngateswhiteley
02-21-2007, 03:29 AM
Very nice house, but I could buy one just like that, or better, for 200K in Westover or off Bulverde rd and make $2500 on the deal at closing w/ a 5 year warranty. So what's your selling point? It should be that your (hopefully) grand-fathered into Reagan H.S..

229,000$ doesn't seem high for that house, so whats with all the talk?

johngateswhiteley
02-21-2007, 03:36 AM
on another note, its weird, here in Missoula it is cheaper than San Antonio to rent...but significantly more expensive to buy. at least (buying) a house that i would want. i lived (just me) in a pretty sweet house right before i moved up here. it was a little over $300,000 dollars and to get the same up here would be around $75,000 more i reckon. i am thinking after my current lease is up i'll do one more 6 month lease and then buy a condo or something.

anyway, 2Blonde, good luck...i think you'll sell it for around what you want.

02-21-2007, 08:41 AM

Trailers don't count.

CosmicCowboy
02-21-2007, 09:10 AM
Trailers don't count.

:lmao

exactly!

tlongII
02-21-2007, 09:38 AM
Geez. My house is about half that size and it would sell for about $30K more.

tlongII
02-21-2007, 11:26 AM
You might need to drop the price a little bit. Zillow esitmates the value of the home to be $223,074. Zillow is usually optimistic in its estimates as well.

Shelly
02-21-2007, 11:43 AM
I wouldn't put too much faith in Zillow. What they estimate the prices on my street and what they are selling for isn't too accurate. We just re-fied our house and the appraisal was was $35k more than what Zillow said it's worth.

Read the comments about what some people posted about Zillow.

http://consumerist.com/consumer/blogs/zillow-accurate-within-78-237355.php

A friend that lived in my neighborhood sold her house in day and her house certainly wasn't staged or perfect and definitely had a cramped feel to it and had fugly wallpaper. It just depends on the buyer.

2Blonde, my friend that's getting ready to list her house said that her realtor told her now is a good time to sell, so I'm sure you'll be getting offers soon. :)

tlongII
02-21-2007, 12:12 PM
I wouldn't put too much faith in Zillow. What they estimate the prices on my street and what they are selling for isn't too accurate. We just re-fied our house and the appraisal was was $35k more than what Zillow said it's worth.

Read the comments about what some people posted about Zillow.

http://consumerist.com/consumer/blogs/zillow-accurate-within-78-237355.php

A friend that lived in my neighborhood sold her house in day and her house certainly wasn't staged or perfect and definitely had a cramped feel to it and had fugly wallpaper. It just depends on the buyer.

2Blonde, my friend that's getting ready to list her house said that her realtor told her now is a good time to sell, so I'm sure you'll be getting offers soon. :)

The article said that zillow is accurate within 7.8%. That's pretty good imo. It is just one of multiple tools you should use when estimating what your house would sell for. Appraisals are not always right either.

02-21-2007, 12:19 PM
Ha! Zillow has the complete wrong specs for my house. Looks like all they do is link off Tax Appraiser numbers (And old ones at that). Since I discovered mine was wrong and protested to change it mine has been corrected.

Shelly
02-21-2007, 12:20 PM
The article said that zillow is accurate within 7.8%. That's pretty good imo. It is just one of multiple tools you should use when estimating what your house would sell for. Appraisals are not always right either.

yes, but from what people posted, they got a lot of info wrong as far as how many bedrooms, etc. and that it seems to be more accurate for suburbs. They are pretty much pulling from what the appraisal district has the houses at. My refi appraisal was definitely within $5k of what I could ask for my house right now.

For what the houses have sold for on and around my street, Zillow is off. YMMV.

2Blonde
02-21-2007, 05:13 PM
Well I take Sequ and the other self-proclaimed experts in here with a grain of salt since none of them live in the Stone Oak area. Zillow doesn't take into account the upgrades you have in your house such as water softeners, solar screens, electric air purification systems, additional insulation, etc... These are things that add great value to a buyer.
FYI, my hedges are trimmed. Maybe you should get some glasses. Apparently the hideous pictures didn't turn off looker #3 because she made an offer today. It was quite acceptable and we are going to sign the papers tonight. Oh and it was higher than Zillow's estimate.

2Blonde
02-21-2007, 05:18 PM
Oh, and sequ, for the record... I sold my other three houses in one day or less too. That's probably why I'm so impatient. But I don't runaround giving everyone useless info like I know everything because of it. It was just because my Step-Dad was a realtor. He did it for me. He has since passed away. I think you are overrating your importance in the process. The Realtors are the ones doing all the legwork, you're just taking the credit.

tlongII
02-21-2007, 05:19 PM
Well I take Sequ and the other self-proclaimed experts in here with a grain of salt since none of them live in the Stone Oak area. Zillow doesn't take into account the upgrades you have in your house such as water softeners, solar screens, electric air purification systems, additional insulation, etc... These are things that add great value to a buyer.
FYI, my hedges are trimmed. Maybe you should get some glasses. Apparently the hideous pictures didn't turn off looker #3 because she made an offer today. It was quite acceptable and we are going to sign the papers tonight. Oh and it was higher than Zillow's estimate.

Congrats! Don't be mad at us! :lol

Shelly
02-21-2007, 05:21 PM
Awesome and Congratulations!

What a relief for you!

CosmicCowboy
02-21-2007, 05:22 PM
Zillow is WAY off on the homes in my neighborhood. They have mine at only 300K and a house behind me at $154K that would sell easy for a half mil.

02-21-2007, 05:23 PM
Zillow is WAY off on the homes in my neighborhood. They have mine at only 300K and a house behind me at $154K that would sell easy for a half mil.

Not with an arrow in it, it wouldn't.

tlongII
02-21-2007, 05:25 PM
Maybe Zillow isn't quite up to snuff in Texas? It is better in some regions of the country than others. It's a Seattle company and the prices are pretty accurate for Washington and Oregon, but I know it isn't accurate for some regions.

CosmicCowboy
02-21-2007, 05:26 PM

doesn't that make it worth $10 more? :lol

Shelly
02-21-2007, 05:33 PM

:lol

Some comments from people about zillow from the consumerist website

I use Zillow a lot in my work. Seconding that it works best in the suburbs. Not only does it have a hard time in the metro areas, it also performs poorly in rural areas (where there isn't much to comapare, and houses may vary widely in the same areas). And as the article states, it also has hard time at the highest and lowest ends of the real estate market

but this is good to know

Folks, you can update your home's information on Zillow to correct its errors, as well as get a more accurate estimation. You can even post your own private "asking price" if you think it might be time. Spend some time with it and its a very useful tool.

Good 'N Plenty
02-21-2007, 05:42 PM
Good Luck.

leemajors
02-21-2007, 05:43 PM
Oh, and sequ, for the record... I sold my other three houses in one day or less too. That's probably why I'm so impatient. But I don't runaround giving everyone useless info like I know everything because of it. It was just because my Step-Dad was a realtor. He did it for me. He has since passed away. I think you are overrating your importance in the process. The Realtors are the ones doing all the legwork, you're just taking the credit.

sequ's relator probably made the decision to omit the pics of him playing in the yard. a lot of people are disturbed by dwarves and odd looking children.

SequSpur
02-21-2007, 06:55 PM
Congrats! Don't be mad at us! :lol

Exactly... as far as your upgrades, they don't mean all that much when you are on the high side of the cost per sf.

You post your shit on here, you post your link and you can't take some criticism? It ain't you, it's your realtor..

I am glad you sold your house today, but your pics still suck.

You have a picture of a cluttered computer desk on your frontpage... How in the hell is that going to sell your house?

Frickin hater...

2Blonde
02-21-2007, 09:00 PM
take it from someone who sold their house in a day... your realtor put your first impression right there on the website.. shitty pics... the only good one is the back patio...

constructive criticism.. learn from it... the bushes in the front yard need to be trimmed as well....

Hey Sequ,
My daughter suggested that if you hate my hedges so much we can give you a ladder and you can trim them. :p: :spin

ChumpDumper
02-21-2007, 09:03 PM
He's too busy working with the Stacker crew at BK.

SequSpur
02-21-2007, 09:48 PM
chumpdump is dumb.

02-21-2007, 09:50 PM
chumpdump is dumb.

Sequ is a cranky dwarf.

Get yourself some Vagasil.

ChumpDumper
02-21-2007, 09:50 PM
"Early bun delivery."

SequSpur
02-21-2007, 09:52 PM
Sequ is a cranky dwarf.

Get yourself some Vagasil.

wtf? are you chumpdumps agent?

CubanMustGo
02-21-2007, 10:18 PM
Zillow sucks in TX because they don't have access to sales data. State law makes sure only the Realtor Mafia has access to those. TX is one of the few states where that is the case.

Congrats on selling the house, but expecting to sell a house that fast this time of year really does seem unrealistic. Glad you were able to do it.

ShoogarBear
02-21-2007, 10:20 PM
FYI, my hedges are trimmed.Sweet.

2Blonde
02-22-2007, 03:15 AM
Sweet.
Just for you, Shoog. I know how you like it. :smokin

01Snake
02-22-2007, 09:58 AM
Wow! Congrats on the quick sell. Was it another California transplant that bought it? :lol

2Blonde
02-22-2007, 03:22 PM
Wow! Congrats on the quick sell. Was it another California transplant that bought it? :lol
No. It's someone who already lives in this school district but has been renting while shopping for a house. As long as the inspection goes well then we are good to go. I don't see any problems.:spin

Lady Marmalade
02-22-2007, 07:04 PM
Bake cookies before the showing. Have them warm when they arrive and offer them some. That way it smells like home.