PDA

View Full Version : Darkhorse 08: Clark

Nbadan
02-20-2007, 03:34 PM
Seen, but Hardly ever mentioned by the M$M: A proven Nose Picker....

Wes Clark: Party Builder/Nose Picker (via MyDD)

...Although Howard Dean's 50-state strategy emphasizes long run party building over the short term electoral gains, its immediate success was vitally important not only to Americans hoping to derail the Bush agenda, but also to Democratic people powered movements in general. Would grassroots level party building strengthen the brand or would it be wasted on people picking their noses in "red America"?

Well, obviously we can now say that grassroots level party building has definitely strengthened the Democratic brand. So, if it entails being called a nose picker, then nose pickers we must be.

Wes Clark worked as hard or harder than any other Democrat to further the 50-state strategy and the Democratic Party. It must have taken a record setting amount of nose picking.

At the DNC convention earlier this month, Clark said:

I thank you for the opportunity to speak today. I did spend much of last year out stumping for Democratic candidates across the country. And by my count, it was I think 26 states, 86 candidates. A lot of them were the so-called red states, and I loved it. It was more fun, and I'll tell you something. I could see in those states and those candidates, I could see Governor Howard Dean's vision for a 50-state strategy is working.

No Democrat traveled and campaigned for more candidates around this country than did Wes Clark. He traveled to 76 cities and 26 states for 86 candidates. Out of the 96 candidates that he endorsed, Clark raised over $1.3 million in funds for their campaigns. Of those 96 candidates that his PAC supported, 45 won their respective races and 25 seats flipped from Republican to Democrat control.

He was the number one requested campaign surrogate through the DCCC and the only National Democrat that netroots icon, Jon Tester, would allow to campaign for him in Montana. From the beginning, Clark backed economic progressive Jim Webb in the primary when Harris Miller, party insider and lobbyist, was the sacrificial lamb for then-presidential hopeful George Allen. When national {D}emocrats shied away from supporting Ned Lamont and refused to criticize Joe Lieberman, Clark stepped up for Connecticut Democrats. Not only did he campaign and appear in television spots for Lamont, but also he publicly and vociferously lambasted Lieberman for his horrible record and Orwellian rhetoric.

MYDD (http://www.mydd.com/story/2007/2/19/162347/846)

I like Obama, but Wesley Clark has proven experience as a consensus builder and his PAC has a proven winning track record. Clark has kudos of experience in military strategy, foreign affairs, and diplomacy to Obama, which I think is what we need after Dubya.

velik_m
02-20-2007, 03:40 PM
No, USA needs more Bush.

Jeb for president!

01Snake
02-20-2007, 04:02 PM
All we need is a good speaker! Fuck all the other qualifications!

BIG IRISH
02-23-2007, 03:54 AM
I feel soooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry for those people that want Wes Clark
May be they will get him as a vice once Hillary Wins.

Nbadan
02-23-2007, 04:51 PM
I feel soooooooooooooooooooooooooo sorry for those people that want Wes Clark
May be they will get him as a vice once Hillary Wins.

...see Bill Richardson or John Edwards.