PDA

View Full Version : Sam Smith Owned.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-20-2007, 11:32 PM
Granted, that's not really hard to do and I don't like using "owned" a whole lot, but that's what happened.

-----

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2007/02/are_you_there_sam_its_me_blogg.html

Are You There Sam? It's Me, Blogger

So last week I chose not to mention the fact that Chicago Tribune ace NBA writer and resident old person Sam Smith hates bloggers. With Leather's Sam Smith takedown was swift and painless, and I figured he had sort of handled the issue. Also, With Leather used a naughty word as a tag, which I'm not allowed to do.

However, if I were going to go after Sam Smith--who asked "How is it I can work for decades developing contacts around the NBA and traveling regularly around the NBA and talking with the decision makers and some guy in his basement in his underwear is writing something that has credibility?"--I would say that the only reason I even knew that he hated bloggers was because of a blog. Freaky. And that without that blog, I never would have seen Sam Smith's other musings. On, for example, Horace Grant being a mensch. And that, on the whole, you just don't want to set yourself up as an enemy of the underground.

(Another Sam Smith gem: "I never see any of them, I never hear the coaches and general managers and players I talk to saying they talked to them. So where do they get their information?" Sam, we're everywhere! We look just like you, except without the mustache! (Not counting A.J. Daulerio!) That's why you can't find us! Look behind you, right now! Did you see that? It was a blogger!)

But then With Leather pointed out that Sam Smith was really sorta joking, acknowledging that his is a decaying and dying breed that will soon be buried under a mound of pwned references it doesn't understand, and so I figured I'd just let it slide.

Until I saw this line, which, amazingly, stupefyingly, mind-blowingly, appeared in a story by Sam Smith:

Can't forget battlin' centers Etan Thomas and Brendan Haywood, the latter telling anyone who will listen that he's the heavyweight champion of the Wizards with knockouts over Thomas in all three fights they've had.

Huh????? Anyone who will listen????? I was there when Brendan delivered that priceless line in a back hallway of the Wachovia Center, and I can tell you exactly how many people were there: two. Brendan Haywood, and a blogger.

And the manna from heaven doesn't end. Next, Sam Smith on Arenas:

He took a shot at LeBron James the other say [sic], saying James doesn't want the last shot, probably after consulting with former teammate Larry Hughes, who is unhappy in Cleveland and looking to be traded. Arenas suggested the Cavs deal for Sam Cassell.

Huh????? Where did this come from? I'll tell you where: from CSTV's mad hoops bloggers. Who, as their names suggest, are bloggers!!!

So in one syndicated newspaper piece, Sam Smith, without attribution, ripped off two bloggers, bloggers who presumably should have been home in their underwear making things up while Sam Smith was out on the road talking to all the important NBA people about all the important NBA news and eating his metamucil. To which I say: hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

------

Thanks, Sam...the exit door's on your right.

Bob Lanier
02-21-2007, 12:19 AM
:lmao Sticky this motherfucker.