PDA

View Full Version : Official Game Blog - "Dirk for MVP" T-Shirt Night (Mavs/Heat)

LEONARD
02-21-2007, 01:57 PM
Tomorrow night is "Dirk for MVP" t-shirt night at the AAC...how will Dirk respond to that???

38 pts
13 reb
10 ast
3 blk
2 stl

for his 1st career triple double...you heard it here first... :clap

Mavs 108
Heat 91

:fro

da_suns_fan__
02-21-2007, 02:03 PM
Tomorrow night is "Dirk for MVP" t-shirt night at the AAC...how will Dirk respond to that???

38 pts
13 reb
10 ast
3 blk
2 stl

Mavs 108
Heat 91

The Mavericks are as tacky as they've ever been.

Remember when they offered free admision to anyone who came to the arena with their face painted in Mavs colors?

Now "Dirk MVP" T-shirts??

:blah :blah :blah

LEONARD
02-21-2007, 02:13 PM

Remember when they offered free admision to anyone who came to the arena with their face painted in Mavs colors?

Tacky? Nah...Cuban just loves to mix things up and get a reaction...

and they let a small group (15-20) of fans with painted faces and bodies in for free at every game... (and why is that tacky anyway??? I think it's pretty cool)

ponky
02-21-2007, 02:33 PM

haha, look at your own team's *tacky* have-to-wait-for-all-that-flash-shit-i-don't-care-about site

ponky
02-21-2007, 02:35 PM

yeah letting in fans for free at every game is tacky...selling $2 tickets for about ten games this season is tacky...giving away free airline tix is tacky

shelshor
02-21-2007, 02:37 PM
Tomorrow night is "Dirk for MVP" t-shirt night at the AAC...how will Dirk respond to that???...
**CHOKE**

Flopper
02-21-2007, 02:42 PM
Dirk will destroy Dwhistle (or w/e the fuck you call him)

Big Rat's Ass
02-21-2007, 02:44 PM
<sniff sniff> I know I definitely belong here.

P-O-Z
02-21-2007, 02:45 PM
Dirk will destroy Dwhistle (or w/e the fuck you call him)
we will beat you first and then beat the mavs

Flopper
02-21-2007, 02:48 PM

sure you will. Prepare for another 30 point lost.

Though...heat *might* have a chance to win since Yao isn't there. But then we have Tracy who, unlike Wade, can carry his team to a record over 500 without his big man.

ponky
02-21-2007, 02:49 PM

it will be interesting to see how shaq responds to riley's comments about him

P-O-Z
02-21-2007, 02:52 PM

Though...heat *might* have a chance to win since Yao isn't there. But then we have Tracy who, unlike Wade, can carry his team to a record over 500 without his big man.
unlike tracy wade can actually lead his team past the first round unlike t-mac and also he did that the 03-04 season before we had shaq while the year before t-wack gave up a 3-1 lead

stretch
02-21-2007, 02:52 PM
Im gunna be at that game too. sweet.

Flopper
02-21-2007, 02:55 PM
unlike tracy wade can actually lead his team past the ifrst round unlike t-mac and aslo he did that the 03-04 season before we had shaq while the yera beafore t-wack gave up a 3-1 lead

meh, Tmac has a better team now. Maybe if the Rockets were in the East they'll EASILY make the finals instead of trying to keep the 8th or 7th or w/e seed the heats are in.

LEONARD
02-21-2007, 03:00 PM
unlike tracy wade can actually lead his team past the first round unlike t-mac and also he did that the 03-04 season before we had shaq while the year before t-wack gave up a 3-1 lead

Apples to oranges...

Going far in the East playoffs is different than going far in the West playoffs...

P-O-Z
02-21-2007, 03:01 PM
meh, Tmac has a better team now. Maybe if the Rockets were in the East they'll EASILY make the finals instead of trying to keep the 8th or 7th or w/e seed the heats are in.
we will see tonight

Flopper
02-21-2007, 03:21 PM
Unfortunately I won't be able to watch the game. For i have an exam to take.

Shank
02-21-2007, 03:23 PM
They spelled "clique" wrong in your avatar, P-O-S.

I'm still trying to figure out how cheap seats and letting people in for painting their faces is considered "tacky".

Either way, your team is about to get bent over Cincinnati Bearcats-style tomorrow night. And not just from Dirk. Every guy that is still pissed over the Finals loss is going to feed off the crowd and destroy your little Heat. That's a Jeffdrums-esque guarantee.

P-O-Z
02-21-2007, 03:33 PM
Unfortunately I won't be able to watch the game. For i have an exam to take.
damn that sucks

P-O-Z
02-21-2007, 03:35 PM
They spelled "clique" wrong in your avatar, P-O-S.

I'm still trying to figure out how cheap seats and letting people in for painting their faces is considered "tacky".

Either way, your team is about to get bent over Cincinnati Bearcats-style tomorrow night. And not just from Dirk. Every guy that is still pissed over the Finals loss is going to feed off the crowd and destroy your little Heat. That's a Jeffdrums-esque guarantee.
the names p-o-z get it straight

Shank
02-21-2007, 04:09 PM
the names p-o-z get it straight

It's P-O-S, son.

cheguevara
02-21-2007, 04:12 PM

:lol

P-O-Z
02-21-2007, 04:21 PM
It's P-O-S, son.
P-O-Z and i got it from a tatoo james posey got on his arm

u2sarajevo
02-21-2007, 05:04 PM
The Heat have an automatic built in excuse when they lose tomorrow night because it's the 2nd night of a back to back.

I mean I don't think that should be used, but you know it will.

mabber
02-21-2007, 05:07 PM

If you call letting fans in for free being tacky then they can be as tacky as they wanna be.

As long as the Mav players don't do a gay, circular hip-swinging dance during introductions...I'm good. A couple of years ago, I actually heard or read a player reference not being that excited about having to do that when his name was brought up in possibly being traded to Phoenix :lol I wish I could remember who it was that said that.

Shank
02-21-2007, 05:26 PM
P-O-Z and i got it from a tatoo james posey got on his arm

Piece
Of
Shit
=
P-O-S

Sorry that flew over your head.

da_suns_fan__
02-21-2007, 09:01 PM
Mavs fans on this site are an ever bigger joke than Cuban. Sorry guys/girls, youre not fooling ANYONE.

Back in 2001 (against my Suns), the Mavs had their first NBA on NBC game in God knows how many years. Cuban tried to create a disingenuous portrait of the local love by offering free admision to anyone painted in Mavs colors. I remember the media had a field day with that story:

FANS ARE SUPPOSE TO DO THAT STUFF ON THEIR OWN! NOT BECAUSE THEY WERE BRIBED!!!

Who can forget when the referees had to stop the game in Dallas to force the local team to turn down the "piped in" crowd noise!!

Then he hands out "Dirk for MVP" T-shirts on th esame night that his team is playing on TNT! Coincidence?

If the Mavs fans really think Dirk should be MVP, then they should be quite capable of letting the league/nation know on their own. This is just Cuban being as over-the-top as ever.

Seriously...could you ever see any other team doing something so tacky? I can almost guarantee the AP story for the game will include a snippet about fans all wearing "Dirk for MVP" t-shirts handed out for free before the game.

mavsfan1000
02-21-2007, 10:01 PM
Mavs fans on this site are an ever bigger joke than Cuban. Sorry guys/girls, youre not fooling ANYONE.

Back in 2001 (against my Suns), the Mavs had their first NBA on NBC game in God knows how many years. Cuban tried to create a disingenuous portrait of the local love I remember the media had a field day with that story:

Then he hands out "Dirk for MVP" T-shirts on th esame night that his team is playing on TNT Coincidence?

If the Mavs fans really think Dirk should be MVP, then they should be quite capable of letting the league/nation know on their own. This is just Cuban being as over-the-top as ever.

Seriously...could you ever see any other team doing something so tacky? I can almost guarantee the AP story for the game will include a snippet about fans all wearing "Dirk for MVP" t-shirts handed out for free before the game.
:stfu :idiot.

Amare_32
02-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Mavs - 115

Heat - 85 includes 42 points off Wade freethrows

schadenfreude52
02-21-2007, 10:10 PM
Mavs - 115

That sounds about right.

boutons_
02-21-2007, 10:19 PM
Heat on B2B

Amare_32
02-21-2007, 10:21 PM
Damn these Heat fans are more delusional than I thought. This is from the Heat message boards.

Originally posted by TheKnowledgableOne7:
In a nutshell, The West is all about OFFENSE, the East is more so about DEFENSE. We play a more physical brand of ball and tend to struggle against teams that preach the same philosophy.

They (the West) play a free flowing brand of ball, thus, teams with better shooters and scorers are more likely to DOMINATE there conferences and seemingly the rest of the NBA.

But history shows that while they dominate the regular season, we dominate the playoffs. They play there best ball all year, while we wait til mid-season to pull our heads out of our asses.

My Pistons won it in 04, and should've beat the Spurs the following year had it not been for a Rasheed blunder. Your team, the Heat, took it last year from the seemingly unstoppable Mavs.

Truth be told, the East does suck in terms of thier "lack of passion" to play hard every ballgame, but the West is definately not the world-beaters they lead on to be!

The West isnt that great. I doubt Dallas or Phoneix can go a season in the East. Shoot Dallas couldnt go 6 games against the Heat. They gave it away because they dont know what defense is or what physical play is. I believe if Miami or Detriot were placed in the west, we would be a 70 win squads easy. There hardly any centers in the West, Hardly any great natural PF and SF.

http://heat.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5700037552/m/2520002674/p/1

Amare_32
02-21-2007, 10:21 PM
Heat on B2B

Thats the excuse they will use when the Mavs beat them tomorrow.

mabber
02-21-2007, 10:35 PM

Back in 2001 (against my Suns), the Mavs had their first NBA on NBC game in God knows how many years. Cuban tried to create a disingenuous portrait of the local love by offering free admision to anyone painted in Mavs colors. I remember the media had a field day with that story:

Who can forget when the referees had to stop the game in Dallas to force the local team to turn down the "piped in" crowd noise!!

Then he hands out "Dirk for MVP" T-shirts on th esame night that his team is playing on TNT! Coincidence?

They do this in a lot of arena's in the league.

Wow, Cuban trying to market his team and player...how tacky. He might make more money...how tacky. :rolleyes

Amare_32
02-21-2007, 11:11 PM
Wade was "hurt" in the Rockets game. Which means by the greatest of miracles he will be healthy to play tomorrow.

schadenfreude52
02-21-2007, 11:16 PM
Damn these Heat fans are more delusional than I thought. This is from the Heat message boards.

In a nutshell, The West is all about OFFENSE, the East is more so about DEFENSE. We play a more physical brand of ball and tend to struggle against teams that preach the same philosophy.

They (the West) play a free flowing brand of ball, thus, teams with better shooters and scorers are more likely to DOMINATE there conferences and seemingly the rest of the NBA.

But history shows that while they dominate the regular season, we dominate the playoffs. They play there best ball all year, while we wait til mid-season to pull our heads out of our asses.

My Pistons won it in 04, and should've beat the Spurs the following year had it not been for a Rasheed blunder. Your team, the Heat, took it last year from the seemingly unstoppable Mavs.

Truth be told, the East does suck in terms of thier "lack of passion" to play hard every ballgame, but the West is definately not the world-beaters they lead on to be!

The West isnt that great. I doubt Dallas or Phoneix can go a season in the East. Shoot Dallas couldnt go 6 games against the Heat. They gave it away because they dont know what defense is or what physical play is. I believe if Miami or Detriot were placed in the west, we would be a 70 win squads easy. There hardly any centers in the West, Hardly any great natural PF and SF.

:lol :lol :lol

Thanks for the laugh!

Amare_32
02-21-2007, 11:18 PM
:lol :lol :lol

Thanks for the laugh!

:tu

boutons_
02-21-2007, 11:32 PM
Dallas trash and Mavs are tacky-ass, classless bitches.

Shank
02-22-2007, 12:03 AM
Dallas trash and Mavs are tacky-ass, classless bitches.

From what are you ascertaining this?

Flopper
02-22-2007, 01:06 AM

So because they have the luxury of playing the CRAPPY LEast and practically don't have any serious threat mean they're better? While in the West teams actually have to be competitive to even MAKE the playoffs is worst than the East?

So b/c the LEast have won two championships (both flukes), makes them better?

so fucking delusional it's sad. see if they have the same fucking attitude if they're playing in the west.

LEONARD
02-22-2007, 09:03 AM
Sucks that Wade will be out for a long time...was looking fwd to tonight's matchup.

Every fan gets this shirt...

http://www.mavgear.com/images/products/PAAAAAMOGKGMIFEJ.jpg

and a megaphone... :lol

Gotta love Cubes!!! Driving other team's fans crazy = genius :lol

LEONARD
02-22-2007, 09:11 AM
we will see tonight

Have you recovered yet?? No posts since Wade went down...

mabber
02-22-2007, 09:35 AM
Sucks that Wade will be out for a long time...was looking fwd to tonight's matchup.

Every fan gets this shirt...

http://www.mavgear.com/images/products/PAAAAAMOGKGMIFEJ.jpg

and a megaphone... :lol

Gotta love Cubes!!! Driving other team's fans crazy = genius :lol

I'm actually thinking about selling my tickets to the game now. The game just doesn't hold much interest to me now that Wade will not be playing.

stretch
02-22-2007, 10:36 AM
I'm actually thinking about selling my tickets to the game now. The game just doesn't hold much interest to me now that Wade will not be playing.
i feel ya man. im goin too, and im really bummed that hes not playing.

stretch
02-22-2007, 10:37 AM
Mavs - 115

now the score should be...

Mavs - 115

Heat - 43

LEONARD
02-23-2007, 09:02 AM
38 pts
13 reb
10 ast
3 blk
2 stl

Mavs 108
Heat 91

Just shy in all categories...

but a dominating performance redardless by Dirk and the Mavs...

I just love the TNT guy getting all over Dirk's nuts because of the shots he was hitting...because I know it drives Spurs, Heat, etc fans crazy :lol

MajorMike
02-23-2007, 09:10 AM

Wow, I completely agree. Tacky, tacky, tacky. But then, What else would you expect from the owner?

I supposed if we had an owner with money running out his jock with nothing better to do than play with his team everyday, we could have DPOY jerseys printed every year for Bruceto try and convince the voters to vote for him.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-23-2007, 09:19 AM
.because I know it drives Spurs, Heat, etc fans crazy :lolNo, not really. :donkey

Holmes_Fans
02-23-2007, 10:46 AM
No, not really. :donkey
Apparently it does or spurs fans wouldn't be whiny asses anytime cuban does something to help his team. I'm sorry we have an owner who actually attends the games.

So I guess the spurs have fans that have regularly been showing up painted up to games? O wait, it was a spurs fan that was whining about how there are painted up fans 'running around' the concourse of the AAC. It was in a thread about the AAC.

It's funny how spurs fans think they are the class of the league and can do no wrong. It's like aggy people saying Texas is all bandwagon fans, but didn't say anything when their merchandice sells went up %500 when they beat Texas.

Pot calling the kettle black.

LEONARD
02-23-2007, 10:50 AM
No, not really. :donkey

:lol

It does most...guaranteed!!!

MrChug
02-23-2007, 01:07 PM

I actually LIKED the face painting move. I don't know about classy, but not tacky. Built team spirit. But lobbying for Dirk to win the MVP is a joke.

Did DRob or Tim "lobby" or "politic" their way to their MVP's F-no. The most you'd see are the 2 cent plaquards if the fans wanted to wave them. The only thing you'd see though are FANS' homemade posters and shirts. True team spirit and support. If Dirk deserves it, he'll win it. My opinion? I thought he was more likely last year but I wont be surprised nor disappointed if he wins it. It'd be hard to imagine Nashie winning a 3rd in a row.

LEONARD
02-23-2007, 01:11 PM
But lobbying for Dirk to win the MVP is a joke. Did DRob or Tim "lobby" or "politic" their way to their MVP's F-no. The most you'd see are the 2 cent plaquards if the fans wanted to wave them. The only thing you'd see though are FANS' homemade posters and shirts. True team spirit and support. If Dirk deserves it, he'll win it. My opinion? I thought he was more likely last year but I wont be surprised nor disappointed if he wins it. It'd be hard to imagine Nashie winning a 3rd in a row.

The lobbying last night was just Cuban getting people riled up like he loves to do...it won't impact Dirk winning the MVP or not. Dirk was one of the favorites before last night and he still is. His game last night did the real talking....

DubMcDub
02-23-2007, 02:57 PM

Cuban's been offering free admission to the first 20-30 high school aged fans who show up painted since he bought the team. It wasn't some one time deal. It's a fun way for younger kids to get free admission to some games.

And what in the hell are you talking about "fans are supposed to do that stuff"? It's not a football game--basketball fans (at least NBA) hardly ever paint themselves. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen an arena besides the AAC with a group of painted fans.

THE SIXTH MAN
02-23-2007, 03:09 PM
I just love the TNT guy getting all over Dirk's nuts because of the shots he was hitting...because I know it drives Spurs, Heat, etc fans crazy :lol
:lol It seems to me that you ride dirks nuts harder than those TNT boys.

THE SIXTH MAN
02-23-2007, 03:12 PM
So I guess the spurs have fans that have regularly been showing up painted up to games? O wait, it was a spurs fan that was whining about how there are painted up fans 'running around' the concourse of the AAC. It was in a thread about the AAC.

It's funny how spurs fans think they are the class of the league and can do no wrong. It's like aggy people saying Texas is all bandwagon fans, but didn't say anything when their merchandice sells went up %500 when they beat Texas.

Pot calling the kettle black.
Um, I dont know if you know this but the guy your responding to is a suns fan. :spin

LEONARD
02-23-2007, 03:13 PM
:lol It seems to me that you ride dirks nuts harder than those TNT boys.

Maybe I do...he's a top 5 player in the NBA...why shouldn't I??

The difference is that I'm not a national TV broadcaster...

MJ23DWADE3
02-23-2007, 03:21 PM
I think we should now start dorell wright

George Gervin's Afro
02-23-2007, 04:05 PM
My hate for Cuban grows... now cuban is trying to get dirk the mvp with silly promotions . hey mark why don't you let dirk earn it..? Thank God Peter Holt stays out of the limelight.. Of course he only comes out to accept NBA championship trophies :drunk

Holmes_Fans
02-23-2007, 05:25 PM
Um, I dont know if you know this but the guy your responding to is a suns fan. :spin
It can be applied to just about any team in the league.

LEONARD
02-24-2007, 02:56 PM
Dirk's thoughts on "Dirk for MVP" night...

"I’m not a big fan of that," he said. "I don’t think you should push for MVP, especially with so many games left. I don’t think there’s an award for mid-season MVP."

he also said that he'd give it to Nash again this year after seeing what happened to the Suns with him out last week...