PDA

View Full Version : Spur most likely to be traded?

Despot
02-22-2007, 03:56 AM
I realize the trade deadline may come and go with no movement, but as of right now, I am wondering which player(s) each of you thinks may be on the way out, and why. Maybe rate the probability of the player getting traded on a scale of 1-10? Beno and Butler are the most obvious, Scola's rights? And this is not about who we will get in return. Just think it will be fun to look back and see after the deadline.

Sense
02-22-2007, 04:12 AM
Beno

THE SIXTH MAN
02-22-2007, 04:12 AM
As of right now its my understanding that Butler and Beno are being shopped. Like pop said I dont think they're going to make any major moves come deadline.

Bruno
02-22-2007, 05:30 AM
Evne if everyone (except Duncan) can be traded in the right deal, I think that 4 players are most likely to be traded :

Jackie Butler : It makes few sense to trade a young prospect like him for nothing (Spurs won't get something good for him). If Spurs try to trade him, it must be that they have given up on him because of his attitude/work ethic/poor practices. Puting Butler on the trading block can too be a CIA move to make him realize that he has to work harder if he wants to be a good nba player.

Beno Udrih : To me, it makes no sense to keep him. Pop says that he is a great insurance as 3rd string PG but Vaughn/Parker aren't injury prone so Beno will likely be useless. The reason why I think he should be traded is that he will be paid $1.7M next year : I don't see the point of wasting money/roster spot on Udrih if Spurs' FO has given up on him.

Brent Barry : He won't be traded for nothing but I can see Spurs trading him in a Maggette like deal. Barry has done a good season, he is one of Spurs best assets.

Fabricio Oberto : He hasn't been mentioned in trade talks but I think that he cna be traded. If Spurs FO thinks that Ely can help them a little this year, he is the odd man out. I don't see the point of keeping a player with no upside and paid $2.5M/year if he is Spurs 6th bigmen and hasn't a matchup were he is really needed (Elson is better against quick players, Ely is better against strong players).