PDA

View Full Version : Ruth's Chris Steakhouse

SoCalSpursFan
02-22-2007, 05:13 AM
I can't find ANY nutritional info on Ruth's Chris...

I just want an idea of how many calories and fat(g) I am eating in a meal there. It's like a secret or something, I've searched and searched and found nothing.

Where or how do you suggest I get it?

P.S. Ruth's Chris is the best steakhouse around, hands down.

Sapphire
02-22-2007, 07:42 AM
Maybe you're googling wrong? Try keywords like bypass, cholesterol, myocardial infarction, etc.

Just kidding, I hate when I can't find out the nutritional info on things. I had a hard time finding it for those little International Delight creamers--the portion control size at the convenience stores. I think I finally settled on 2 fat grams for every one I put in my coffee in the mornings, but I could never get a clear answer from what I recall.

Good luck, Ruth's Chris does rock! The service we had was excellent, and the food was really good.

IX_Equilibrium
02-22-2007, 09:11 AM
I have eaten at Ruth's Chris many times, and I think it is highly overrated. I'll take Saltgrass over RC any day.

AFBlue
02-22-2007, 09:14 AM
Best steak I've ever had was at Morton's of Chicago Steakhouse, similar in price to Ruth's Chris. Try that joint if you can.

My favorite bang-for-the-buck steak is at Texas Roadhouse, which plays big into it being my favorite restaurant...

Jimcs50
02-22-2007, 09:21 AM
OVERRRATED

No way is it the best steakhouse...most expensive maybe, but not the best....not even close.

01Snake
02-22-2007, 09:53 AM
I'll go with overrated as well.

leemajors
02-22-2007, 10:08 AM
I think the Steaks there are good. Mortons has been the best I've had out in public but I still haven't found anyone that can make a 2 inch thick 1.5lb steak like I can.

yup yup, i rarely pay for steaks in a restaurant. much rather spend for a nice one and cook it at home exactly how i like it.

PakiDan
02-22-2007, 10:30 AM
I like the steak at Whataburger. I just hate that they wrap it in a bun and add lettuce and junk.

tlongII
02-22-2007, 10:42 AM
When did San Antonians become interested in nutritional information??? Ruth Chris is very good, but my favorite steakhouse is Ringside here in Portland.

SequSpur
02-22-2007, 11:36 AM
OVERRRATED

No way is it the best steakhouse...most expensive maybe, but not the best....not even close.

Okay Bonanza Boy.

Sportcamper
02-22-2007, 12:18 PM
IHOP (http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:m5xH6MR32BHDEM:http://libsyn.com/images/coffeeandteashow/ihop.jpg) has the best T-bone steak Bar None...
Along with the eggs hash browns biscuits & gravy, it is fortified with nutrition!

http://www.happychef.com/steak.jpg

Spurfect
02-22-2007, 12:31 PM
Maybe you're googling wrong? Try keywords like bypass, cholesterol, myocardial infarction, etc.

Just kidding, I hate when I can't find out the nutritional info on things. I had a hard time finding it for those little International Delight creamers--the portion control size at the convenience stores. I think I finally settled on 2 fat grams for every one I put in my coffee in the mornings, but I could never get a clear answer from what I recall.

Good luck, Ruth's Chris does rock! The service we had was excellent, and the food was really good.

if it helps any.. i have boxes of those little creamer things here at work. it's CoffeeMate though and we have hazelnut and vanilla.. nutritional info is 30 calories per "tub" and 1.5 grams fat

Jimcs50
02-22-2007, 12:56 PM
if it helps any.. i have boxes of those little creamer things here at work. it's CoffeeMate though and we have hazelnut and vanilla.. nutritional info is 30 calories per "tub" and 1.5 grams fat

Can you bring them to me?

Jimcs50
02-22-2007, 12:57 PM
Okay Bonanza Boy.

I am a Sizzler man, myself.

AFBlue
02-22-2007, 01:28 PM
When did San Antonians become interested in nutritional information??? Ruth Chris is very good, but my favorite steakhouse is Ringside here in Portland.

They have cow in Portland? That'd be a step above Georgia, where all the Barbeque is pork...

It's harder to find brisket in Georgia than it is to find a naked picture of bea arthur (Airheads reference)...

SAtown
02-22-2007, 01:35 PM

I personally like Morton's a little better. Everything from the presentation of the food upon arrival, to the dessert. Their lobster bisque is the shit as well.

Sportcamper
02-22-2007, 01:48 PM
Anyone ever been to PINNACLE PETE'S in Arizona?
32 ounce porterhouse grilled over mesquite....You can’t beat that...

PINNACLE PETE'S Menu... (http://www.pppatio.com/menu/index.html)

TheSanityAnnex
02-22-2007, 02:49 PM
Do they have a Fleming's Prime Steakhouse out in Texas? If so, I would highly recommend it. It pwns Ruth.

SoCalSpursFan
02-22-2007, 02:51 PM
I have eaten at Ruth's Chris many times, and I think it is highly overrated. I'll take Saltgrass over RC any day.

...and you ate there MANY times because???

SoCalSpursFan
02-22-2007, 02:54 PM
Do they have a Fleming's Prime Steakhouse out in Texas? If so, I would highly recommend it. It pwns Ruth.

I live in SoCal, and just went to Flemings last week. The steak was ok, but the raddish and bagel chip w/weird cheese appetizer instead of bread? Wasn't a big fan. The mashed potatoes were interesting though, how they combined them with the cheese all in one. I guess when picking between RC and Flemings they rank pretty close to eachother.

SoCalSpursFan
02-22-2007, 02:56 PM
I personally like Morton's a little better. Everything from the presentation of the food upon arrival, to the dessert. Their lobster bisque is the shit as well.

Mortons...

well, it was good, BUT...when they wheel out the cart of food and pull out the live lobster that I was planning on ordering, I didn't enjoy watching it wiggle and plead for its life with its little beady eyes. That's just me though. I know its rather hypocritical, but still.

SoCalSpursFan
02-22-2007, 02:59 PM

Yes. How foolish of me for posting something so absurd.

I don't live in S.A, but I figured someone might have a suggestion. In anycase, maybe you SHOULD start worrying about nutritional information, it wouldn't hurt, that's for sure.

johngateswhiteley
02-22-2007, 03:06 PM
lol. Ruth's Chris is a good steakhouse, no doubt. but Morton's of Chicago is the best in San Antonio, imo. although, there aren't that many great steakhouses in San Antonio. Bohanan's Steakhouse is pretty good and if you haven't tried it you should give it a shot.

as for romantic places, though its usually not worth the money, Grey Moss Inn wins hands down, imo.

MrChug
02-22-2007, 03:11 PM
Excellent $2 steak and fries at Sugars! :toast

:lmao

bendmz
02-22-2007, 04:50 PM
Yes. How foolish of me for posting something so absurd.

I don't live in S.A, but I figured someone might have a suggestion. In anycase, maybe you SHOULD start worrying about nutritional information, it wouldn't hurt, that's for sure.

WORRY??????
we did not become the FATEST city in the country by counting calories...
WE EAT AND EAT AND EAT... :hungry: :hungry: :hungry:

IX_Equilibrium
02-22-2007, 05:17 PM
...and you ate there MANY times because???

Dinner meetings with my company.

IX_Equilibrium
02-22-2007, 05:18 PM

Yeah, there is actually one here in San Antonio. It's pricey, but it is better than Ruth.

efrem1
02-22-2007, 05:54 PM
Actually, Ruth Chris is middle of the road in terms of price. A good steak at RC runs about $30 here in Sacramento. Morton's I know is twice that.

leemajors
02-22-2007, 06:01 PM
Actually, Ruth Chris is middle of the road in terms of price. A good steak at RC runs about $30 here in Sacramento. Morton's I know is twice that.

you can get a very good steak at the Capitol City steakhouse here in Austin for under $20. it's in the lobby of the Embassy Suites downtown but the cuts are excellent, well marbled and aged. Very good.

tlongII
02-22-2007, 06:17 PM

I disagree. RC is definitely high-end. Their prices are very similar to Morton's when you take into account the size of the steaks at the restaurants.

Das Texan
02-22-2007, 06:32 PM
I can't find ANY nutritional info on Ruth's Chris...

I just want an idea of how many calories and fat(g) I am eating in a meal there. It's like a secret or something, I've searched and searched and found nothing.

Where or how do you suggest I get it?

No its not.

ShoogarBear
02-22-2007, 06:52 PM
Best steak I've ever had was at Morton's of Chicago Steakhouse:tu

cornbread
02-22-2007, 07:22 PM
I've always been partial to the Old San Francisco Steak House prime rib. Throw in a big ass block o' cheese and a lady on a swing and I'm in heaven.

Shelly
02-22-2007, 07:42 PM
I like Flemings the best...and yes, we have one here at the Quarry.

SoCalSpursFan, I couldn't find any nutritonal data either on them. But the calories are the same for steak, so see if the other steak restaurants have their nutritional data online. At least you can get an idea.

Mr. Black
02-22-2007, 09:04 PM
just buy the ruth chris's seasoning, and make your own steak.

leemajors
02-22-2007, 09:52 PM
just buy the ruth chris's seasoning, and make your own steak.

i always heard they seared them in butter.

tlongII
02-22-2007, 10:17 PM
i always heard they seared them in butter.

They do.

Ronaldo McDonald
02-22-2007, 10:45 PM
IHOP (http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:m5xH6MR32BHDEM:http://libsyn.com/images/coffeeandteashow/ihop.jpg) has the best T-bone steak Bar None...
Along with the eggs hash browns biscuits & gravy, it is fortified with nutrition!

http://www.happychef.com/steak.jpg

IHOP, the best T-bone? That's like saying you can find the hottest girls in crackhouses. Sheesh...they ARE pretty good but they aren't the premium.

Guru of Nothing
02-23-2007, 12:29 AM
I'm pretty sure the best steak I ever ate was a rib-eye at Veladi Steak House on Loop 410.

If you are going to eat cow, eat it the same day it's killed.

IceColdBrewski
02-23-2007, 01:26 AM
I'm a Texas Roadhouse man myself. Being a creature of habit, I stick with a place once I find a good one. Been there dozens of times, and I've never left dissappointed with my steak.

Saltgrass also cooks a mean slice-o-cow, but the atmosphere at the "Road Ho" (as I like to call it) is much better.

NO LIMIT ARMY COMMANDER
02-23-2007, 03:01 AM
This Army doesn't eat at IHOP.

SoCalSpursFan
02-23-2007, 05:16 AM
Ruth's Chris pricey? It's the same as Flemings and Mortons. Around $30-40 for a steak depending on size, unless you get the porterhouse for 2, which is 85, and is a zillion ounces.

For a good steak, that's what you are going to pay, at least in Southern California it is.

johngateswhiteley
02-23-2007, 05:32 AM
I've always been partial to the Old San Francisco Steak House prime rib.

was much better back in the day...

BIG IRISH
02-23-2007, 05:44 AM
If you like your steak served on a platter of grease.

Outback is the best in SA.
Morton's is good, but make sue you have your steak "Pan Fried"
like Flemmings steaks are seared at extremely high temperatures
= steak is burnt on the outside.

leemajors
02-23-2007, 09:20 AM
If you like your steak served on a platter of grease.

Outback is the best in SA.
Morton's is good, but make sue you have your steak "Pan Fried"
like Flemmings steaks are seared at extremely high temperatures
= steak is burnt on the outside.

a good sear at rare or medium rare is the only way to eat a steak. outback has horrible cuts of meat, cylindrical and often with tendons still inside.

AFBlue
02-23-2007, 09:30 AM
I'm a Texas Roadhouse man myself. Being a creature of habit, I stick with a place once I find a good one. Been there dozens of times, and I've never left dissappointed with my steak.

Saltgrass also cooks a mean slice-o-cow, but the atmosphere at the "Road Ho" (as I like to call it) is much better.

For the everyday steak, I totally agree with you. I mean, I wish I could blow $120 easy at Morton's every night, but it ain't happening.

I love the food, to include the salad (and I don't eat salad very often), the service, the atmosphere, the happy hour specials....Texas Roadhouse has it all. Too bad I've got to drive 2 hours just to get to one, god I miss Texas!

Sportcamper
02-23-2007, 09:56 AM
The IHOP close to me has one of the tastiest T-Bones around....I prefer the flavor over Ruth Chris...Ruth Chris restaurants may be a nice (and expensive) evening out but their steaks are on the bland side...

IHOP ROCKS! (http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:9L2vLW6vGNMu7M:http://www.gointranet.com/ihop/pics/mainLogo.gif)

leemajors
02-23-2007, 11:19 AM
Garlic Butter.

i do like that garlic butter steak they have at benihana. bit expensive for my tastes, but i went for my brother's birthday and my dad paid for it. they cooked it perfectly medium rare right there at the table, barely had to chew it.

lebomb
02-23-2007, 01:05 PM
Mortons >>>>>> Ruths Chris

/thread

TheSanityAnnex
02-23-2007, 01:34 PM
I live in SoCal, and just went to Flemings last week. The steak was ok, but the raddish and bagel chip w/weird cheese appetizer instead of bread? Wasn't a big fan. The mashed potatoes were interesting though, how they combined them with the cheese all in one. I guess when picking between RC and Flemings they rank pretty close to eachother.
You could have asked for bread, both the cheese plate and bread are complimentary.

TheSanityAnnex
02-23-2007, 01:37 PM
a good sear at rare or medium rare is the only way to eat a steak. outback has horrible cuts of meat, cylindrical and often with tendons still inside.
Outback is owned by Paul Fleming, owner of Flemings. Flemings gets the top 2% of all steaks which means they are prime. Outback does not get prime steaks.

SoCalSpursFan
02-23-2007, 03:22 PM
You could have asked for bread, both the cheese plate and bread are complimentary.

Wow. Ty. I was not aware of that.

I guess I should have figured this much, but w/e. I guess bread shouldn't make that much of a difference, but the raddishes just didn't do it for me.

TheSanityAnnex
02-23-2007, 05:12 PM
Anyone ever tried the gorgonzola crusted steak at Flemings? Delicious.