PDA

View Full Version : Alert the Morals and Values police: DB.com article on Wade injury

pussyface
02-22-2007, 12:32 PM
How many of you sensitive souls feel this is way over the line? From dallasbasketball.com .

Rest In Peace, Dwyane Wade

As we get ready to roast D-Wade and "The It Team'' of the NBA tonight, we learn that we can only microwave the Heat. Because they were already roasted last night in Houston. But Miami will have an excuse: Wade -- who defies mathematicians and true tough guys everywhere by falling down seven times but getting up eight -- fell-down-go-boom against the Rockets.

And he didn't get up from the floor. ... except to go to the bench, tears welling up in his eyes.

And he didn't get up from the bench. ... until a WHEELCHAIR was rolled down the baseline to carry him to the locker room.

And he didn't get up from the WHEELCHAIR until he moved himself to a STRETCHER.

And he didn't get up from the STRETCHER until he was driven to a Houston hospital.

And, I assume, he will not get up from the hospital unless Aladdin's rug, Cleopatra's barge or H.G. Wells' time machine pulls into the handicapped driveway to carry him.

Karma, you see, has a hellacious sense of humor. Wade -- taking over from Kobe as the NBA's resident Drama Queen and taking over from teammate Shaquille O'Neal as the NBA's resident Speaker of Stupid Things -- spends a great deal of time pretending he's hurt.

Now, maybe he really is. Maybe.

A layman's guess at his fourth-quarter injury? I guessed it was a hyper-extended left shoulder. Wade's dramatic reaction? I guessed it was a late bid for an Oscar. Maybe I'm wrong; Wade didn't make the trip to Dallas last night, and therefore, it's possible that the reaction wasn't yet another attempt to prove himself a "warrior.''

Kids, I've experienced a separated shoulder. It does sting, yes. But for Christ's sake, a hurt shoulder DOESN'T affect one's ability to WALK!! (The shoulder bone is not connected to the thigh bone, is it?) Oh, and while I'm getting my cynicism out of my system: My friends, I've been attending NBA games on an almost-nightly basis for 17 years. ... and I didn't even know the medical staffs at arenas HAD wheelchairs laying around!

Anyway, before I could Wade out of tonight's game. ... what a "warrior'' he would be if he lept from a hospital bed to play in a nationally-televised game! What a "champion'' he would be if he made a last-minute emergency trip from Houston to Dallas just in time for tipoff! What a "courageous hero'' he could be if somehow, will his shoulder -- which almost certainly must be, by now, ravaged by cancer and/or frozen with paralysis -- into cooperating as he leads his sub-.500 team to. ... yet another loss.

Yeah, Wade and the Heat are going to get crushed by the fired-up Mavs and a liquored-up 8:30 p.m. audience. Book it.

Dwyane Wade will absorb a million more "devastating blows.'' Miami will absorb yet another loss.

But, most importantly, D-Wade will get another TV commercial out of it.

monosylab1k
02-22-2007, 12:40 PM
Sounds pretty on-point to me.

Obstructed_View
02-22-2007, 01:03 PM
That's why so many people hate the Mavericks and their poor-sport fans.

bdictjames
02-22-2007, 01:04 PM
This is stupid.

monosylab1k
02-22-2007, 01:04 PM
That's why so many people hate the Mavericks and their poor-sport fans.

It's too bad that most Mavs fans give a shit. I don't.

pussyface
02-22-2007, 01:06 PM
man, you spurs fans are such righteous paragons of moral virtue. I respect you guys so much. the only other people I know who are as commendable and upstanding as you are such men as oral roberts, pat robertson, and jerry fallwell. If I ever make it to heaven I know it will be overflowing with Spurs fans.

sandman
02-22-2007, 01:17 PM
This article would never have been written had the Heat not beat the Mavs in the Finals.

ShoogarBear
02-22-2007, 01:19 PM
You guys need to look at this from the Mav Fan side of things.

See, now they can finally hold that parade they had planned.

u2sarajevo
02-22-2007, 01:21 PM
This article is written by a simpleton known as Mike Fisher, former sportsradio talk guy in the DFW area.... before sportsradio got good in Dallas.

I actually think he still has a show on some station in Dallas.... one with a weak signal though and I can't remember the station number.

But this will only show up on dallasbasketball.com, because he has no other outlet for it.

pussyface
02-22-2007, 01:26 PM
This article is written by a simpleton known as Mike Fisher, former sportsradio talk guy in the DFW area.... before sportsradio got good in Dallas.

I actually think he still has a show on some station in Dallas.... one with a weak signal though and I can't remember the station number.

But this will only show up on dallasbasketball.com, because he has no other outlet for it.

very true...i agree. Fisher is certainly a bit of a hack to say the least. The article does, however, somewhat mirror my inner feelings on the matter.

NBAFan
02-22-2007, 01:27 PM
Stupid article. Nobody deserve to be hurt. Whether they are or not playing for your team.

pussyface
02-22-2007, 01:34 PM
i dont think he was trying to say Wade deserved it. on the other hand, he isnt oblivious to the poetic irony of the thing (riley's first game back, drama queen finally injured (somewhat, again we aren't talking about something serious in the long run like AIDS or some shit)

you spurs fans are tripping all over yourselves to express your deep feelings of anguish for a young millionaire superstar basketball player whose life will continue to be 1000 times better than yours in every tangible way.

pussyface
02-22-2007, 01:35 PM
Stupid article. Nobody deserve to be hurt. Whether they are or not playing for your team.

Your post is about as imaginitive, interesting, and entertaining as what I would have expected from someone with the incredibly generic signon name of NBAFan

Kermit
02-22-2007, 01:36 PM
IF the heat beat the mavericks tonight, i'm going to die laughing.

pussyface
02-22-2007, 01:40 PM
hehe... all bullshitting aside i would bet my life on that not happening. a depleated heat squad will be walking into the proverbial buzzsaw this evening. As presently constructed, they are a sub-.500 team playing an angry team that hasnt lost at home since December

Kermit
02-22-2007, 01:42 PM
hehe... all bullshitting aside i would bet my life on that not happening. a depleated heat squad will be walking into the proverbial buzzsaw this evening. As presently constructed, they are a sub-.500 team playing an angry team that hasnt lost at home since December

that's what will make it hilarious if dallas loses. none of you posting in the wade thread would be able to show your faces on here for at least a month.

Islymore
02-22-2007, 01:49 PM
i'd post. no biggie for me. the Mavs will likely win this game. they should be pretty amp'd to win this game simply bc they like to win. forget - DWade's comments, Shaq's comments. the Mavs just like to win, they WANT to win every game they play. and as long as they feel that way, I'm behind them 122%!

monosylab1k
02-22-2007, 01:51 PM
IF the heat beat the mavericks tonight, i'm going to die laughing.

If that happens, my head will probably explode.

NBAFan
02-22-2007, 01:57 PM
Your post is about as imaginitive, interesting, and entertaining as what I would have expected from someone with the incredibly generic signon name of NBAFan
My repsonse is similar to the way the article is written. I would not use my high level sentences/grammer for a article written by an inmature kid.

DarkReign
02-22-2007, 02:10 PM
I would say its very accurate.

I have had my shoulder seperated...along with my collar bone broken and my humerus all at the same time. Tickle? No. Inability to walk? Fuck no.

pussyface
02-22-2007, 02:32 PM
I would not use my high level sentences/grammer for a article written by an inmature kid.

I believe the work you were searching for is "immature." ... hehe your "high level sentences..." that was perfect.

cheguevara
02-22-2007, 02:34 PM
Mav fans are gay, and this proves it.

thispego
02-22-2007, 04:10 PM
This article would never have been written had the Heat not beat the Mavs in the Finals.
EXACTLY

these mavs fans still have such a bitter taste from last years embarrassing finals breakdown that they take THIS of all opportunites to try and prove their point. It's more funny than anything else...or is it more pathetic than anything else??..hmmmmm

mavsfan1000
02-22-2007, 04:53 PM
:lol at spurs fans making this game tonight bigger than it is. Any team can beat any given team on any night. It's just another regular season game for the mavs now.

Melmart1
02-22-2007, 05:02 PM
you spurs fans are tripping all over yourselves to express your deep feelings of anguish for a young millionaire superstar basketball player whose life will continue to be 1000 times better than yours in every tangible way.

But what about the intangibles. Can't put a price on those! :spin

ShoogarBear
02-22-2007, 05:13 PM
http://www.mainlandband.com/images/dallas-01.jpg

The City of Dallas hosts its celebratory "Dwyane Wade is Injured!" parade (Reuters).

Shank
02-22-2007, 05:24 PM
You think the Heat were going to win tonight, even with Wade?

Please.

If there was one guaranteed win on the calendar, it was going to be tonight's game - with or without Wade.

samikeyp
02-22-2007, 05:55 PM
nice to know pussyface isn't smart enough not to lump all Spurs fans together in a single mindset. :rolleyes

Mavs were going to win this game with or without Wade. Oh wait...I am a Spurs fan...and because ALL Spurs fans are alike, like pussyface says, I am supposed to be making fun of the Mavs or bemoaning DWade.

When in actuality, I could care less...injuries are part of the game...no one would feel sorry if TD was hurt outside Spurs nation...I do not wish injury on anyone or celebrate injury but I also don't feel sorry for any fan base.

pussyface
02-22-2007, 06:15 PM
nice to know pussyface isn't smart enough not to lump all Spurs fans together in a single mindset. :rolleyes

Mavs were going to win this game with or without Wade. Oh wait...I am a Spurs fan...and because ALL Spurs fans are alike, like pussyface says, I am supposed to be making fun of the Mavs or bemoaning DWade.

When in actuality, I could care less...injuries are part of the game...no one would feel sorry if TD was hurt outside Spurs nation...I do not wish injury on anyone or celebrate injury but I also don't feel sorry for any fan base.

certainly generalizations do have their limitations. none the less, stereotypes do typically have some basis in reality (ex: black man has big penis, blacks are better at basketball/dancing, asians eat rice.)

stereotype: spurstalk's spurs fans are overeager to claim moral high ground to boost their self-worth.

Melmart1
02-22-2007, 06:20 PM
Steretype: mavfan is very concerned with Spurs fan's opinions.
Basis in reality: pussyface.

ShoogarBear
02-22-2007, 06:22 PM
stereotype: spurstalk's spurs fans are overeager to claim moral high ground to boost their self-worth.This is akin to sliding a piece of paper under your feet to boost your height.

samikeyp
02-22-2007, 06:23 PM
stereotype: spurstalk's spurs fans are overeager to claim moral high ground to boost their self-worth.

so then you actually believe that ALL Spurs fans who post here at Spurstalk are guilty of this?

ChumpDumper
02-22-2007, 06:24 PM
Work?

That was high level.

sabar
02-22-2007, 06:30 PM
dallasbasketball.com?

Is this the paragon of opinions of mavs fans?
I've yet to see any other fanbase as wild about Wade's injury as Dallas.
Not a single one.

atxrocker
02-22-2007, 06:35 PM
classy thread. way to go mav fans.

samikeyp
02-22-2007, 06:59 PM
classy thread. way to go mav fans.

See, I don't think its all Mavs fans. I am sure that a lot could care less if DWade ever plays again but I don't believe that ALL Mavs fans are celebrating an injury. Unlike others, I am smart enough not to ignorantly lump all fans of a specific team as being of a singular mindset.

Duncanoypi
02-22-2007, 07:20 PM
Class act....MAVS!!!

pussyface
02-22-2007, 07:25 PM
so then you actually believe that ALL Spurs fans who post here at Spurstalk are guilty of this?

of course not...im trying to say that just because its not true 100% of the time (OBVIOUSLY) doesn't mean that it doesnt have some basis in reality.

spursfag posters who keep saying things like "way to go...so not classy" et al are further prooving the validity of my generalization (again, certainly not true of 100% of the population...you cant all be humorless.)

as for me caring about spurs fans opinions, this is certainly true. one reason i like spurstalk.com is because it gives me a perspective on what spursnation is thinking. this is quite a bit more interesting to me than merely following the opinion's of people who share my love of the mighty dallas mavericks.

samikeyp
02-22-2007, 07:28 PM
of course not...im trying to say that just because its not true 100% of the time (OBVIOUSLY) doesn't mean that it doesnt have some basis in reality.

I don't doubt that at all. Like Ponky and I were talking about in a previous thread...all teams have fans that can act that way. I don't personally think being happy over an injury is cool but just because I think that way, doesn't mean others do or others should.

pussyface
02-22-2007, 07:30 PM
dallasbasketball.com?

Is this the paragon of opinions of mavs fans?
I've yet to see any other fanbase as wild about Wade's injury as Dallas.
Not a single one.

detroit pistons.

also, you have mangled and misused the word "paragon" altogether, most likely in an ill-conceived attempt to conceal your lack of intelligence.
for correct uses, check dictionary.com

FromWayDowntown
02-22-2007, 07:50 PM
also, you have mangled and misused the word "paragon" altogether, most likely in an ill-conceived attempt to conceal your lack of intelligence. for correct uses, check dictionary.com

Actually, referring to dallasbasketball.com as "a paragon of opinions of mavs fans" is a correct, albeit sloppy, use of the term, since a paragon is defined to mean "A model of excellence or perfection of a kind; a peerless example." Wondering sarcastically if dallasbasketball.com is a "paragon" of Mavs fan opinion would seem to be perfectly understandable.

Besides, if the poster misued the word, how could such a misuse be "an ill-conceived attempt to conceal [a] lack of intelligence?" It would seem to me that if you were right, pussyface, the poster's attempt to conceal a lack of intelligence would have been quite well conceived; if the proper use of words demonstrates intelligence, then the poster's purported misuse of the word "paragon" would show him or her to, in fact, lack intelligence.

Of course, all of that is moot. The poster actually used the word correctly.

I'm certain that I hold the moral high ground, based entirely upon the fact that I support the Spurs.

I'm sure that the heathens and godless types that support teams like the Mavericks are beyond immoral -- they've punched their tickets for exclusion from Heaven.

But more than all of that, I'm adamant that I hold the upper hand when it comes to grammar and usage. I sleep more soundly each night knowing that I've done my part to eradicate the evils of grammar bullies on the internets by calling them on their own mistakes. So, thank you, pussyface. You've assured me that I'll rest easy tonight.

ShoogarBear
02-22-2007, 07:53 PM
PWNAGE. Here endeth the thread.

pussyface
02-22-2007, 08:09 PM
PWNAGE. Here endeth the thread.

????

certainly, you won't hear an English professor, or even anyone with a college degree for that matter, use a phrase like "paragon of opinions," despite your longwinded rebuttal.

the phrase "paragon of opinions" doesn't work at all and is incorrect.
it fits with something like "paragon of virtue" or "paragon of moral values." "paragon of opinions" simply does not compute, at least not to someone with a working expertise of the English language (Ex: BA in English, etc.)

ShoogarBear
02-22-2007, 08:17 PM
How about: paragon of PWNAGE?

Kori Ellis
02-22-2007, 08:22 PM
So pussyface, were you actually banned while I was gone? Or that email was fake?

Obstructed_View
02-22-2007, 08:34 PM
It's just another regular season game for the mavs now.

It's so pathetic that a team with such a huge lead in the standings was looking to a regular season game with a .500 team to make a statement.

Pathetic.

Because the Mavs and their fanbase are sore losers.

BTW, Mike Fisher's basketball knowledge ends with "go Mavs" at the end of Cowboy season.

StylisticS
02-22-2007, 08:50 PM
See, I don't think its all Mavs fans. I am sure that a lot could care less if DWade ever plays again but I don't believe that ALL Mavs fans are celebrating an injury. Unlike others, I am smart enough not to ignorantly lump all fans of a specific team as being of a singular mindset.
:clap :clap

BTW........the most important thing in this thread is that OU still sucks.

JamStone
02-22-2007, 08:51 PM
I quite enjoyed the article.

I don't really wish injury to Wade, nor do I think it's karma or anything like that.

But, I just thought it was funny.

pussyface
02-22-2007, 09:01 PM
So pussyface, were you actually banned while I was gone? Or that email was fake?

yeah...it was kind of weird. someone started the allstar game blog and on the first page someone was like "tony parker is going to play great, he's got Eva right there to support him."

I responded "I heard a rumor that Tony Parker was blowing coke off of Eva's chest at The Palms last night."

When I finally was allowed back on, I noticed that the thread had been altogether deleted and restarted anew.

thanks for reinstating me though.

RonMexico
02-22-2007, 09:29 PM
This is kind of dumb. I just don't see the point - "karma" might be the reason the Mavs choke again... if you go by the logic of this article.

Dirk can talk shit, but D-Wade becomes the "talker of stupid things"? It's incongruous.

How could this douchebag not think they'd have stretchers or wheelechairs at NBA arenas? Must have been 17 years of not paying attention to anything concerning common sense.

monosylab1k
02-23-2007, 09:46 AM
(ex: black man has big penis, blacks are better at basketball/dancing, asians eat rice.)

Just a tad racist.

pussyface
02-23-2007, 09:54 AM
Just a tad racist.

????
Racist? No. Politically incorect? Proudly.
Is it a bad thing to have a big penis, or be good at basketball and dancing?
Is it a bad thing to consume rice?

To quote Donald Trump after calling Rosie a fat slob, "was I being honest?"

Give me a break...my point was that stereotypes and generalizations are not universal (i'll surely find you a black guy with a shitty jump shot etc) but they are not typically pulled out of thin air and do have some basis in reality.

monosylab1k
02-23-2007, 09:58 AM
????

Give me a break...my point was that stereotypes and generalizations are not universal (i'll surely find you a black guy with a shitty jump shot etc) but they are not typically pulled out of thin air and do have some basis in reality.

Well I'll keep your words in mind the next time i go walking through Oak Cliff screaming "black people like fried chicken and watermelon!"

monosylab1k
02-23-2007, 10:07 AM
????

BTW I'm glad that in the world of stereotypes, black people enjoy giant cocks, basketball, and dancing....although I'm sure Asians are miffed that their greatest accomplishment is "eating rice".

pussyface
02-23-2007, 10:12 AM
BTW I'm glad that in the world of stereotypes, black people enjoy giant cocks, basketball, and dancing....although I'm sure Asians are miffed that their greatest accomplishment is "eating rice".

i was just trying to think of content nuetral or positive stereotypes so as not to offend anyone other than those who believe stereotypes are bad per se.

also, just because saying something might provoke a violent reaction does not necessarily mean that that violent action is warranted. i'd say the fact that you MAYBE couldn't say those things in Oak Cliff or whatever has more to do with the general state of racial inequality (as well as social conditioning that stereotypes are bad, mkay) in this country than with the actual offensiveness of what you are saying in itself.

DarkReign
02-23-2007, 10:12 AM
Well I'll keep your words in mind the next time i go walking through Oak Cliff screaming "black people like fried chicken and watermelon!"

Say what? If it comes down to which ethnicity is the best athlete, is it incorrect to say its men of African descent?

I dont think so....heres why...

Whos the fastest man in the world? Hes Black.
Who can jump the highest? Hes Black.
Which ethnicicty owns every marathon across the globe? Black people.
Whos the strongest man? Some roided-up Norwegian.

I dont think there is one tinge of racism in my post, either. These arent stereotypes, they are truisms. If anything, its a compliment, IMO.

The African male is the best athlete in the world, hands down.

monosylab1k
02-23-2007, 10:18 AM
These arent stereotypes, they are truisms. If anything, its a compliment, IMO.

Yes, let's define and judge an entire ethnicity in one sentence, but package it with a pretty bow! It's a compliment!

monosylab1k
02-23-2007, 10:24 AM
i was just trying to think of content nuetral or positive stereotypes so as not to offend anyone other than those who believe stereotypes are bad per se.

Ah, so the "black people like fried chicken and watermelon" stereotype is negative, but the "asian people eat rice" stereotype is merely neutral?

pussyface
02-23-2007, 10:25 AM
monoslylab=the pc police.

monosylab1k
02-23-2007, 10:25 AM
Say what? If it comes down to which ethnicity is the best athlete, is it incorrect to say its men of African descent?

I dont think so....heres why...

Whos the fastest man in the world? Hes Black.
Who can jump the highest? Hes Black.
Which ethnicicty owns every marathon across the globe? Black people.
Whos the strongest man? Some roided-up Norwegian.

I dont think there is one tinge of racism in my post, either. These arent stereotypes, they are truisms. If anything, its a compliment, IMO.

The African male is the best athlete in the world, hands down.

BTW the last few black guys that have been "fastest man in the world" have been just as 'roided-up as that Norwegian.

monosylab1k
02-23-2007, 10:26 AM
monoslylab=the pc police.

pussyface=clueless fuck.

It's not about being politically correct. I'm a huge fan of David Cross and Dave Chappelle and lots of un-PC comedians. but there's a big difference between mocking stereotypes and promoting them.

pussyface
02-23-2007, 10:55 AM
mocking stereotypes is not un-pc, its decidedly politically correct.

as far as i can tell, stereotypes (and most especially NONNEGATIVE ones) are dangerous only among stupid people who are idiotic enough to believe that they are actually true 100 percent of the time.

monosylab1k
02-23-2007, 11:00 AM
mocking stereotypes is not un-pc, its decidedly politically correct.

maybe so. depends on how funny it is i guess. and whether there's a point to it all.

as far as i can tell, stereotypes (and most especially NONNEGATIVE ones) are dangerous only among stupid people who are idiotic enough to believe that they are actually true 100 percent of the time.

What do you think promoting a stereotype is? It's giving people a reason to believe that it's actually true all the time.

pussyface
02-23-2007, 11:14 AM
im not going to tailor my speech so that stupid people won't misinterpret it.
anyone with a lock of common sense who is not a blind racist or whatever knows that stereotypes and generalizations have their limitations.

discussion over?

monosylab1k
02-23-2007, 11:17 AM

okay well just keep in mind that you're talking in a Spurs fan forum :lol

DarkReign
02-23-2007, 11:24 AM
Youre a politically correct nitwit. Tap dance around that fact all you want. I hope you live a fulfiling life trying to not offend anyone, ever.

monosylab1k
02-23-2007, 11:28 AM
Youre a politically correct nitwit. Tap dance around that fact all you want. I hope you live a fulfiling life trying to not offend anyone, ever.

Go fuck yourself you ignorant piss-ant motherfucker. Maybe you can get one of those "men of African descent" that you admire so much that you'll generalize them down to a sentence to fuck your ass since their cocks are so huge.

P.S. Tool sucks dick. How many 16 minutes songs that go FUCKING NOWHERE can one band write?

Kermit
02-23-2007, 11:29 AM
anyone with a lock of common sense who is not a blind racist or whatever knows that stereotypes and generalizations have their limitations.

discussion over?

and the cup of the feebleminded runneth over.

romad_20
02-23-2007, 04:32 PM
P.S. Tool sucks dick. How many 16 minutes songs that go FUCKING NOWHERE can one band write?

Oh, hell no. You crossed the fucking line right there! :ihit

atxrocker
02-23-2007, 07:00 PM
black people like fried chicken and watermelon!

I've yet to meet one that doesn't.

ChumpDumper
02-23-2007, 07:26 PM
What's a "lock of common sense"?

monosylab1k
02-24-2007, 05:15 PM

I've yet to meed a human being that doesn't. That's good shit.

pussyface
02-24-2007, 05:18 PM
What's a "lock of common sense"?

this dude obsesses on me too much.
I suppose I meant "lick." If you notice, o and i are right next to each other on the standard keyboard.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2007, 05:36 PM
this dude obsesses on me too much.You're too sensitive.

No need to make excuses for yourself.

ArgSpursFan
02-24-2007, 05:46 PM
You're too sensitive.

No need to make excuses for yourself.

I guess I´m not the only one who´ve got YOU on a shit list.

Bob Lanier
02-24-2007, 05:46 PM
Hi there.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2007, 06:01 PM
I guess I´m not the only one who´ve got YOU on a shit list.And you aren't the only thin-skinned poster I find amusing.

ArgSpursFan
02-24-2007, 06:27 PM
And you aren't the only thin-skinned poster I find amusing.

5.11¨ 190 Ls.

ChumpDumper
02-24-2007, 06:28 PM
Are you coming on to me?

ArgSpursFan
02-24-2007, 06:34 PM
uhhhh,now you are the sensitive one........
I guees what goes around comes around.

romad_20
02-24-2007, 06:43 PM
5.11¨ 190 Ls.

:smchode: I don't think he wanted your measurments

Bob Lanier
02-24-2007, 07:02 PM
5.11¨ 190 Ls.
A/S/L?

Shank
05-01-2007, 05:25 PM
Banned for bumping threads that don't need to be bumped.

Chr!s Childs
05-01-2007, 05:33 PM
U mad?