PDA

View Full Version : Slam Dunk!

Nbadan
02-23-2007, 02:08 AM
...or not!

US Iran intelligence 'is incorrect'
Guardian Unlimited

Much of the intelligence on Iran's nuclear facilities provided to UN inspectors by US spy agencies has turned out to be unfounded, diplomatic sources in Vienna said today.

The claims, reminiscent of the intelligence fiasco surrounding the Iraq war, coincided with a sharp increase in international tension as the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) reported that Iran was defying a UN security council ultimatum to freeze its nuclear programme.

However, most of the tip-offs about supposed secret weapons sites provided by the CIA and other US intelligence agencies have led to dead ends when investigated by IAEA inspectors, according to informed sources in Vienna.

"Most of it has turned out to be incorrect," a diplomat at the IAEA with detailed knowledge of the agency's investigations said.

"They gave us a paper with a list of sites. (The inspectors) did some follow-up, they went to some military sites, but there was no sign of (banned nuclear) activities.

Guardian (http://www.guardian.co.uk/iran/story/0,,2019235,00.html)

Who says you can't be fooled again? Meanwhile, the M$M is shit-deep in laying war propaganda for the Neocons again...

sabar
02-23-2007, 02:30 AM
Pathetic.

Meanwhile Pakistan test fires a new version of it's Shaheen II missile, upgraded to be capable of carrying a nuclear warhead. Their own goverment makes this announcment instead of our faulty intel.

Will it pass without incident?

Shaheen II
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/90/Shaheen-2.jpg/250px-Shaheen-2.jpg

Nbadan
02-23-2007, 02:39 AM
I'm telling ya, I'm disgusted with the whole thing. Every night on ABC/NBC/FAUX it's nothing but anti-Iran propaganda by the same 'experts' who slammed-dunked the WH claims in 03 about Iraq's WMD immenent threat, and the sheeple are eatting this shit up.

Nbadan
02-24-2007, 01:47 AM
Israel is negotiating with the United States for permission to fly over Iraq as part of a plan to attack Iran's nuclear facilities, The Daily Telegraph can reveal.

To conduct surgical air strikes against Iran's nuclear programme, Israeli war planes would need to fly across Iraq. But to do so the Israeli military authorities in Tel Aviv need permission from the Pentagon.

A senior Israeli defence official said negotiations were now underway between the two countries for the US-led coalition in Iraq to provide an "air corridor" in the event of the Israeli government deciding on unilateral military action to prevent Teheran developing nuclear weapons.

"We are planning for every eventuality, and sorting out issues such as these are crucially important," said the official, who asked not to be named.

"The only way to do this is to fly through US-controlled air space. If we don't sort these issues out now we could have a situation where American and Israeli war planes start shooting at each other."

Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/02/24/nriran24.xml&page=1)

shhesshhhhhhhhh........

Nbadan
02-24-2007, 01:59 AM
Cheney hints at Iran strike
By Greg Sheridan
February 24, 2007 01:20am

US Vice-President Dick Cheney has raised the possibility of military action to stop Iran acquiring nuclear weapons. He has endorsed Republican senator John McCain's proposition that the only thing worse than a military confrontation with Iran would be a nuclear-armed Iran.

In an exclusive interview with The Weekend Australian, Mr Cheney said: "I would guess that John McCain and I are pretty close to agreement." The visiting Vice-President said that he had no doubt Iran was striving to enrich uranium to the point where they could make nuclear weapons.

He accused Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of espousing an "apocalyptic philosophy" and making "threatening noises about Israel and the US and others".

He also said Iran was a sponsor of terrorism, especially through Hezbollah. However, the US did not believe Iran possessed any nuclear weapons as yet.
"You get various estimates of where the point of no return is," Mr Cheney said, identifying nuclear terrorism as the greatest threat to the world.

Herald Sun (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21279082-5005961,00.html)

Isn't the U.S. sponsoring terra by actively supporting, arming and training Iranian dissident groups fighting Iran? That Cheney, what a card...

BradLohaus
02-24-2007, 02:18 AM
I've believed for about a year that at least an air strike on Iran by Israel or the U.S. is inevitable. It seems that the plan at the top (wherever that is) is to clean house in the ME of all governments who are outside their sphere of influence. The stated goal of post 9-11 ME policy is to, in fact, redefine the ME. There is no reason to stop now that the job is about half over. I mean half over in the sense of 1.) Getting rid of opposition governments and 2.) Installing the U.S. military permanantly on the soil of the countries in question. I think they are willing to fight an insurgency indefinitely in all countries to prevent another anti-western government from gaining power. The Pentagon will move soldiers from Europe and the Pacific if they have to.

"The only way to do this is to fly through US-controlled air space. If we don't sort these issues out now we could have a situation where American and Israeli war planes start shooting at each other".

What an interesting quote; I don't believe the official for a second. The Israeli army will force our hand if they feel they have to, because they know exactly how we will respond: We won't shoot at the planes, and we won't say that the Israeli planes crossed Iraqi space without permission because that would isolate the Israeli's internationally. That leaves only 2 options: We do it, or they do it and we let them; doing it together will look bad on an international level. Eventually, either us or the Israeli's will feel airstrikes (at least) are necessary. Either way it happens.

Yonivore
02-24-2007, 08:26 AM
Cheney hints at Iran strike
By Greg Sheridan
February 24, 2007 01:20am

Herald Sun (http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21279082-5005961,00.html)

Isn't the U.S. sponsoring terra by actively supporting, arming and training Iranian dissident groups fighting Iran? That Cheney, what a card...
I'd have to say the answer to your question is, no. Who are the Iranian dissidents killing? Grandmas at the market?

01Snake
02-24-2007, 11:21 AM
Lets let Iran become another NK. Then we can hear everyone bitch that we never did anything to stop them. :lol

Richard Cranium
02-25-2007, 10:29 AM
This administration is just one huge clusterfuck.

xrayzebra
02-25-2007, 10:53 AM
This administration is just one huge clusterfuck.

Another empty vessel has appeared on the board. Cranium
indeed or should we just call him "richard the empty cranium"
:p:

And he displayed his ability to use vast vocabulary.

George Gervin's Afro
02-25-2007, 10:58 AM
Ray I have accepted the fact that you lack the ability to formulate one critical thought. Still blaming everyone about the unecessary war except the guy who started it. I will borrow your favorite word to describe you. Dummy. I am trying figure out who to feel more sorry for you or your sister Yoni... You ladies must be two of the 27% deadenders who still suck bush's dick.. :dramaquee

xrayzebra
02-25-2007, 12:16 PM
Ray I have accepted the fact that you lack the ability to formulate one critical thought. Still blaming everyone about the unecessary war except the guy who started it. I will borrow your favorite word to describe you. Dummy. I am trying figure out who to feel more sorry for you or your sister Yoni... You ladies must be two of the 27% deadenders who still suck bush's dick.. :dramaquee

GGA, did you ever hear of a Congressional Resolution, except the one just passed by Ms. Pelosi and her sheep. Well there
was two passed by our Congress authorizing the Iraq war,
as demanded by the dimm-o-craps. So you want to
start laying blame where blame should be laid?
Oh, I know, Bush tricked them. He such a dumb smart
guy, he knows how to trick all the dimm-o-craps. ROFL.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

George Gervin's Afro
02-25-2007, 12:19 PM
GGA, did you ever hear of a Congressional Resolution, except the one just passed by Ms. Pelosi and her sheep. Well there
was two passed by our Congress authorizing the Iraq war,
as demanded by the dimm-o-craps. So you want to
start laying blame where blame should be laid?
Oh, I know, Bush tricked them. He such a dumb smart
guy, he knows how to trick all the dimm-o-craps. ROFL.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

No ray they trusted Bush.. he abused that trust and the trust of the American people..but that's ok with you

xrayzebra
02-25-2007, 12:26 PM
^^They did WHAT! You really believe that. If so, I got a bridge
down in Laredo I want to sell, you interested.

You are kidding, right? :downspin: :downspin: :lol :lol :lol

gtownspur
02-25-2007, 01:58 PM
No ray they trusted Bush.. he abused that trust and the trust of the American people..but that's ok with you

:lol , on the same year democrats blamed him for stealing the election, they decided to trust him on the war?

Bullshit.

They trusted the polls.

ChumpDumper
02-25-2007, 03:43 PM
So you want to
start laying blame where blame should be laid? Yeah.

Bush.

Congress didn't order the troops into the five-years-and-counting war. Truman knew where the buck stops. Why don't you?

xrayzebra
02-25-2007, 05:08 PM
Yeah.

Bush.

Congress didn't order the troops into the five-years-and-counting war. Truman knew where the buck stops. Why don't you?

Yeah, right, Congress is pure as the driven snow. You
want to buy that bridge?

ChumpDumper
02-25-2007, 05:16 PM
Yeah, right, Congress is pure as the driven snow.No, Congress is full of poll-watching cowards. But the commander-in-chief gave the order. Why can't you accept that?