PDA

View Full Version : Pippin or Horry??

duncandaman
02-23-2007, 05:12 PM
who do yall think is better right now, pip or horry, i think pippen is better right now

Kori Ellis
02-23-2007, 05:13 PM
who do yall think is better right now, pip or horry, i think pippen is better right now

Where have you seen Pippen play lately to know how good he is?

duncandaman
02-23-2007, 05:14 PM
so u think we would get better defense and offense from horry then huh

redskinfan
02-23-2007, 05:14 PM
Mahimi or Mahini or whatever that fools name is would do better than those 2 old men. BTW mahimi is a BUST!!!!!!!!!!!

ChumpDumper
02-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Never trust anyone who has the word "da" in his screen name or uses it regularly in his posts.

Kori Ellis
02-23-2007, 05:15 PM
so u think we would get better defense and offense from horry then huh

I have no idea. I haven't seen Pippen play lately.

SequSpur
02-23-2007, 05:18 PM
yo momma.

AFBlue
02-23-2007, 05:28 PM
Pip looked like the better shooter at the all-star break... :lol

ArgSpursFan
02-23-2007, 05:30 PM
Non of them.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-23-2007, 05:41 PM
http://www.hollywoodstandups.com/images/merryandpippin.jpg

The Spurs are working out these guys? I thought we needed a quality big man!

AFBlue
02-23-2007, 05:57 PM
"There won't be any shire left Pip" :lol

Heard Dominic was a baller, too bad we're set to work out the "other guy"

GrandeDavid
02-23-2007, 06:20 PM
No question, Robert Horry. He also has a rich championship pedigree and I think 5 years of fresher legs. Plus he knows the Spurs system and is a legend when it comes to rising to the playoff occasion.

Duncanoypi
02-23-2007, 06:24 PM
who's pippin?

Bob Lanier
02-23-2007, 06:29 PM
who's pippin?
Scottie Pippen.

A Hall-of-Fame basketball player from the draft class of 1987 who was listed as a small forward but could play both guard positions and the power forward in smallball, played the initiator role in the triple-post offense, and was in the 1990s one of the most tenacious and versatile defenders ever to play the game.

He's perhaps best known for doing for sufferers of migraines what Magic Johnson did for those infected with HIV/AIDS.

Duncanoypi
02-23-2007, 06:38 PM
^serious answer....lol

tnx anyway!

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-23-2007, 06:39 PM

I don't know who the hell Pippin is.

I do know where you should be posting though:

www.spursreport.com

mabber
02-23-2007, 06:49 PM
Never trust anyone who has the word "da" in his screen name or uses it regularly in his posts.

I agree.

exstatic
02-23-2007, 08:10 PM
Think of one clutch memorable shot that Pip hit to win a deep playoff game. Can't? There's your answer.

dbreiden83080
02-23-2007, 08:40 PM
Close Pippen was hurt a lot his last 2 years and when he was out there he was pretty awful.

wildbill2u
02-23-2007, 08:45 PM
Pippin has been out of the game for how many years? How well was he playing when he retired? Could he recover his form from his playing years? I think not.

Was he a better player than Horry? Of course. Most people forget that Horry has almost always been a role player from the bench for the teams he played for. He's physically gifted but has always played below his potential.

leemajors
02-24-2007, 12:15 AM
http://www.hollywoodstandups.com/images/merryandpippin.jpg

The Spurs are working out these guys? I thought we needed a quality big man!

it brought to mind the pippin faced man from the pickwick papers for me.

leemajors
02-24-2007, 12:17 AM
a question on the lighter side.....

how would have horry done with jordan?
or jordan with horry???

horry never had anything close to pippen's range on defense. pippen could guard just about every position save center.

samikeyp
02-24-2007, 12:50 AM
Horry. I am pretty sure he never refused to go in when his coach told him to like Pippen did when the play at the end of a game was not called for him.

ehz33satx
02-24-2007, 12:51 AM
No offense, but what kind of dumb a** question is this? Pippen has not played in years. Yes Pippen may be a hall of famer, but Horry, as little as he seems to provide sometimes, is light years ahead of Pippen in the Spurs system. And he still has it in him to hit a dagger or two. You see that pic of Pippen on spurszone.com? He looks about 70 years old. No more old men on this team! Go young and athletic!

leemajors
02-24-2007, 01:00 AM
Horry. I am pretty sure he never refused to go in when his coach told him to like Pippen did when the play at the end of a game was not called for him.

he did throw a towel in his coach's face during a game.

exstatic
02-24-2007, 01:11 AM
he did throw a towel in his coach's face during a game.
Yeah, but it was Danny Ainge, so he GETS points for that one. :lol

leemajors
02-24-2007, 01:21 AM

true, true.

dbreiden83080
02-24-2007, 01:40 AM

Ainge sucked shit as a player and as a GM he is a double threat guy.

hitmanyr2k
02-24-2007, 02:53 AM
Think of one clutch memorable shot that Pip hit to win a deep playoff game. Can't? There's your answer.

Blah...

Off the top of my head...

I remember in the '97 playoffs the Bulls were looking like shit and were down double digits to the Hawks before Pippen went crazy and started hitting 3's including the game winner.

Hit a game winning 3 over Bryon Russell that sent the Jazz home in the 2000 playoffs.

He hit numerous clutch shots in Games 4 and 6 of the '93 Eastern Conference Finals against the Knicks when Jordan was having probably the worst series of his career. Also had those consecutive clutch blocks against Charles Smith at the end of Game 5.

In the '92 Finals in Game 6 with the Bulls down 15 and heading towards a game 7 it was Pippen and a bunch of bench players that lead the Bulls back in the 4th qtr to secure that 2nd title while the starters (including Jordan) were cheerleading from the bench.

Streakyshooter08
02-24-2007, 03:55 AM
Well, I don't think his comeback will be about being the "go to guy" in clutch situations. So this discussion should not be about him being a clutch performer, because that's not what the Spurs would need from him. He would come back to play 10- 15 productive minutes and help out if Bowen is on the bench. He could be valueable on the defensive end. If he has the quickness on defense (which I doubt) and can shoot the ball, I would give him a shot. The question would be: who do the Spurs cut? I only see White being cut but I don't know how much the Spurs have liked what he did in practise.

It will be interesting to see where he lands...

Rynospursfan
02-24-2007, 05:39 AM
I got to give Ainge the :flipoff at a stoplight when he played in Portland, and I am still getting points for that one.

For all I know Scottie Pippen can't beat Dick Bavetta in a race. If we droped anyone to pick up Pippen it would have to be either Vaughn, Ely or James White.

polandprzem
02-24-2007, 05:53 AM
We do need some orks not pippin

1Parker1
02-24-2007, 09:41 PM
Bump. :)

After tonight?

Everyone says Elson is the Spurs X-Factor in the playoffs, but I really think it's Horry. His defense, smart plays, and timely 3 point shooting all of which was missing last postseason would be a huge factor against teams like the Suns, Jazz, and Mavs.

I don't think there's another veteran player in the league that I would take over Robert Horry right now. Despite his shitty season so far, he's the one guy in the league who has 6 rings and a handful of deadly 3 point killers in crunchtime on his resume. And he's on the Spurs team. I think Spurs fans and the rest of the league are forgetting this due to his crappy season and age so far.

Pablo Escobar
02-25-2007, 12:10 AM
when is the deadline for pippen to sign with any team?

SoCalSpursFan
02-25-2007, 04:38 AM
What's Pippen's PPG Avg this year? I forget...

...if we are basing it on the "shooting stars" competition...then eeeeeeee...

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-25-2007, 05:04 AM
Bump. :)

After tonight?

Everyone says Elson is the Spurs X-Factor in the playoffs, but I really think it's Horry. His defense, smart plays, and timely 3 point shooting all of which was missing last postseason would be a huge factor against teams like the Suns, Jazz, and Mavs.

I don't think there's another veteran player in the league that I would take over Robert Horry right now. Despite his shitty season so far, he's the one guy in the league who has 6 rings and a handful of deadly 3 point killers in crunchtime on his resume. And he's on the Spurs team. I think Spurs fans and the rest of the league are forgetting this due to his crappy season and age so far.
True, As far as Horry and even Finley. I don't think it's wise to undersestimate Horry due to crappy reg season numbers.

However, if you remember, Horry was gased by the second round. He was pretty ineffective against Dallas and admitted to not being able to keep up with the youth and athleticism. So I think Pop is prepping him and pacing him this season, so that won't happen again. hence not playing him on Back to Back games.

I can't wait for the playoffs, but I'm not underestimating this team. Despite the apparent holes.

Please_dont_ban_me
02-25-2007, 06:51 AM
Pippen might be.

But Horry is more of a sure thing. He's been playing in the league the past few years.