PDA

View Full Version : james not motivated now? blames front office?

ducks
02-23-2007, 10:34 PM
Danny Ferry. The Cavaliers' general manager tried desperately to give LeBron James a point guard, but his bids for Bibby and Kidd were futile. Ferry tried everything in the final 48 hours to get Bibby, but nothing worked. Around the league, he searched for a trade partner to get the Sacramento Kings the young players, picks and expiring contracts they wanted.

Suddenly, James is under fire this year for looking a little lethargic and a little less motivated, and his ego is too massive to ever agree with that truth. Count on this: When the Cavs flame out in the playoffs, James won't be looking at himself but rather a front office that didn't get him the help he needed.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-winnerslosers022207&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

JamStone
02-23-2007, 10:55 PM
Donyell Marshall, Damon Jones, Larry Hughes, David Wesley, Mike Brown.

WTF is Danny Ferry doing over there????

The only good move he's made was getting Anderson Varejao from Orlando, and he wasn't the main piece of that trade. It was Drew Gooden.

And, then Mike Brown ... whoa! Gotta let a coach grow, but he's been pretty bad.

Ferry has been horrible.

Burn531
02-23-2007, 11:05 PM
Every time I watch a Cavs game I always think of one word. That word is ugly. There such an ugly team. I don't mean the players themselves but the overall team is mediocre and just not very good.

ducks
02-23-2007, 11:12 PM
I give ferry credit trying to get a point

larry has been a dissapointment
cavs stood pat last year
crazy
ferry should know better then that

atxrocker
02-23-2007, 11:13 PM
james not motivated? but... but, i thought he was the next jordan like he was hyped up to be. it's clear he doesn't share the same hunger and passion as MJ. what a piece of garbage.

Purple & Gold
02-23-2007, 11:14 PM
I don't read anywhere where he says he's unmotivated and blames the front office. And yes the Cavs need a PG as bad as the Lakers do.

RonMexico
02-24-2007, 03:28 AM
Are you debating that LeBron has a huge ego? He has created 4 personas in Nike commercials in an attempt to contain it...

BradLohaus
02-24-2007, 04:03 AM
Lebron will be in Knick uniform for the 09-10 season. Book it. Not even Isaiah can screw this up. I think.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-24-2007, 12:11 PM
Danny Ferry. The Cavaliers' general manager tried desperately to give LeBron James a point guard, but his bids for Bibby and Kidd were futile. Ferry tried everything in the final 48 hours to get Bibby, but nothing worked. Around the league, he searched for a trade partner to get the Sacramento Kings the young players, picks and expiring contracts they wanted.

Suddenly, James is under fire this year for looking a little lethargic and a little less motivated, and his ego is too massive to ever agree with that truth. Count on this: When the Cavs flame out in the playoffs, James won't be looking at himself but rather a front office that didn't get him the help he needed.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-winnerslosers022207&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Actually, Ducks...it's an analysis that he would blame the FO for not getting him help, not that he does.

RIF.

Fillmoe
02-24-2007, 12:15 PM
he can come to sac anyday

SequSpur
02-24-2007, 12:17 PM
give them Beno

TDMVPDPOY
02-24-2007, 12:22 PM
give them Beno
for larry huges book it, wait not for the damn contract his on atm

gibson would do

Amare_32
02-24-2007, 01:45 PM
Give them Steve Francis.

cheguevara
02-24-2007, 01:54 PM
Give them Steve Francis.

Steve would have to come out of the closet as Lebron requested :D

ducks
02-24-2007, 02:00 PM
Actually, Ducks...it's an analysis that he would blame the FO for not getting him help, not that he does.

RIF.

do you watch any nba other then spurs :rolleyes

JamStone
02-24-2007, 04:13 PM
What are you talking about? Ferry hasnt done shit. He didn't get Varejao. That was my man Jim Paxson. It was part of the Drew Gooden deal. Ferry is the worse GM in basketball besides Isiah.

I don't remember where Paxson ended and Ferry began. So, yeah, and I already mentioned Varejao was part of the Gooden deal.

As for your last comment, Danny Ainge and Kevin McHale take great offense to it.

leemajors
02-24-2007, 04:31 PM
I don't remember where Paxson ended and Ferry began. So, yeah, and I already mentioned Varejao was part of the Gooden deal.

As for your last comment, Danny Ainge and Kevin McHale take great offense to it.

billy knight is mad you left him out. :depressed

Amare_32
02-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Any GM in the Atlantic division not named Bryan Colangelo.

samikeyp
02-25-2007, 12:38 AM
Im waiting for the thread where Ducks links LeBron to Global Warming, the War on Terror and Britney's career collapse. :p:

stretch
02-25-2007, 01:06 AM
i hear that Jerry West wants to leave Memphis or something. the Cavs should consider going after him. he put together a damn good team in the Lakers that went on to win 3 straight, and did a good job with getting some pretty talented players in Memphis as well.

RonMexico
02-25-2007, 02:02 PM
i hear that Jerry West wants to leave Memphis or something. the Cavs should consider going after him. he put together a damn good team in the Lakers that went on to win 3 straight, and did a good job with getting some pretty talented players in Memphis as well.

Yes... and no. I think you have to look at the fact they're victims of their locations. It's much easier to lure players to LA than it is to Cleveland I think. Shit, they were about to have J-Kidd if Phil and Mitch weren't such poons and didn't want to part with anyone decent.

objective
02-25-2007, 03:47 PM
Ferry messed up by locking up old, over the hill players like Ilgauskas and Marshall to big long term deals.

It's not all his fault though. His hand was forced when he had to make the team a playoff team before James could force a trade as his rookie deal came to a close. So he had to burn cap space on Ilgauskas and Marshall and had to settle on Hughes when Redd turned him down.

He also hasn't had a lot of draft opportunities with how Paxson traded away a bunch of picks.

stretch
02-25-2007, 03:48 PM
Yes... and no. I think you have to look at the fact they're victims of their locations. It's much easier to lure players to LA than it is to Cleveland I think. Shit, they were about to have J-Kidd if Phil and Mitch weren't such poons and didn't want to part with anyone decent.
true, but then how do you explain Memphis? i know they didnt go far, but they had some very talented players and transformed from a constant lottery team to a playoff team. some people even thought they could go pretty far (and they probably would have if they had a better coach). and remember that West was the guy who found Kobe and realized his incredible amount of talent and made a trade for him. without West, the Lakers probably would not have had the team to win 3 straight. he put together a great and very balanced team.

RonMexico
02-25-2007, 06:24 PM
true, but then how do you explain Memphis? i know they didnt go far, but they had some very talented players and transformed from a constant lottery team to a playoff team. some people even thought they could go pretty far (and they probably would have if they had a better coach). and remember that West was the guy who found Kobe and realized his incredible amount of talent and made a trade for him. without West, the Lakers probably would not have had the team to win 3 straight. he put together a great and very balanced team.

I agree - he did a good job in Memphis, but they have to win at least 1 game in the playoffs for players to want to (a) stick around there, or (b) go there.

He got a new arena and got the fans involved and his greatest accomplishment might be yet to come, depending on what happens in the draft this summer (if he's still around).

Bottom line, he's smart enough to attract some good players via free agency, draft, and trade for a period there where they made the playoffs, but never was able to get the right mix of player and coach to make them successful... and he's already at a 3,000 point disadvantage with the team being in Memphis.

ducks
02-25-2007, 06:31 PM
west has done nothing with salary caps NOTHING