PDA

View Full Version : Denver (26-27) at Dallas (45-9)

ducks
02-24-2007, 01:57 PM
Denver (26-27) at Dallas (45-9)

Preview - Box Score - Recap

Game Info: 9:00 pm EST Sat Feb 24, 2007
TV: NBA, KTXA Add to Calendar
Buy Tickets

By DAN BURCH, STATS Writer

The Dallas Mavericks have looked nearly unstoppable on their way to the NBA's best record this season, and their run of strong play may not end anytime soon.

The Mavericks look to extend multiple winning streaks when the Denver Nuggets come to town on Saturday.

Dallas (45-9) has put together several impressive runs this season and has dominated the final two opponents it will face on its three-game homestand. The Mavericks - who are 31-2 since Dec. 13 - beat Miami 112-100 on Thursday in the opener of the homestand for their 10th straight win overall and 18th in a row at home, extending the new franchise record.

Dirk Nowitzki had 31 points and 11 rebounds to help the Mavericks become just the fourth team in NBA history to have three winning streaks of at least 10 games in the same season. Dallas led by as many as 32 points in the fourth quarter and swept the two-game season series with the Heat, exacting some revenge for its NBA finals loss last June.

ADVERTISEMENT

"Our first three quarters was some of the best basketball we have played all year," Dallas coach Avery Johnson said. "We were vibrant and energized."

One of the few concerns for the Mavericks was the absence of All-Star Josh Howard in the fourth quarter. He landed on the foot of Miami's Jason Kapono and sprained his right ankle, though Johnson didn't seem overly concerned about his status for Saturday.

"He should be OK. It is not one of the worst ones we have seen," the Mavericks coach said of Howard, averaging 19.1 points and 7.2 rebounds. "That was the second or third time that has happened to him this year, so we will have to look out for that kind of stuff."

Even if Howard can't go, Dallas may not have problems with either Denver or Atlanta, which it faces Monday. The Mavericks - who are 25-3 at American Airlines Center this season - have won both meetings with the Nuggets this season and seven of the last eight between the teams. Dallas is 23-6 overall against Denver since the start of the decade and has won 17 of its last 18 at home against the Nuggets.

The Mavericks have also won 12 of 15 against the Hawks, including a 7-1 record in Dallas.

The Nuggets (26-27) limp into American Airlines Center after being routed in their last two contests, despite deceptive final scores. Denver trailed by 31 points entering the fourth quarter of Tuesday's 95-80 loss to San Antonio, then lost 114-104 to Utah on Friday night in a game it trailed by as many as 21 points in the fourth.

Denver - which has lost three straight - is just 2-6 with both Carmelo Anthony and Allen Iverson in the lineup. Anthony had 36 against the Jazz while Iverson rebounded from a season-low nine points against the Spurs to score 33, but it wasn't enough for the Nuggets, who played their first game without J.R. Smith.

Denver's long-distance threat, Smith underwent surgery on Wednesday after tearing cartilage in his left knee against San Antonio and will be out for a month.

"We don't have no chemistry right now," Anthony said. "We're just trying to get everybody on the same page. It seems like everybody's in their own world right now. The chemistry off the court is very great, I can tell you that. That's why I don't understand why the chemistry on the court is not as great."

The Nuggets have lost five of their last seven road games. They visit Memphis on Monday.

Amare_32
02-24-2007, 02:02 PM
46-9 after tonight

ponky
02-24-2007, 02:10 PM
i don't like they we have both josh and devean out but then the nuggets are playing on a btb without jr smith so i guess it's not too bad. let's just make sure we wait a bit longer before letting the reserves lose our lead like the last game! as for the hawks game, we'll be playing them the night after they play the suns in phoenix which i think means a win for us!

Fillmoe
02-24-2007, 02:27 PM
nugz got this shit.... ITS A WRAP!

MJ23DWADE3
02-24-2007, 02:34 PM
Nuggets Carmelo game winning shot

ponky
02-24-2007, 02:41 PM
Nuggets Carmelo game winning shot

poor guy, you must be having flashbacks of the two heat losses to the nuggets back in november and december when 'melo dropped 33 and 32 points, respectively

MJ23DWADE3
02-24-2007, 02:44 PM
poor guy, you must be having flashbacks of the two heat losses to the nuggets back in november and december when 'melo dropped 33 and 32 points, respectively
No not really i didnt even watch most of the games this season due to working overtime a lot why do you even care what i say anyways.

ponky
02-24-2007, 02:46 PM
No not really i didnt even watch most of the games this season due to working overtime a lot why do you even care what i say anyways.

dang, calm down, so sensitive...it IS a topic about mavs and i'm a mavs fan so yeah, i'm going to comment on the mavs and any trolls that wanna talk smack but if you can't hang then i'll back off

Amarelooms
02-24-2007, 02:47 PM
dang, calm down, so sensitive...it IS a topic about mavs and i'm a mavs fan so yeah, i'm going to comment on the mavs and any trolls that wanna talk smack but if you can't hang then i'll back off

I love you...what are you wearing? :elephant

RonMexico
02-24-2007, 02:47 PM
The Mavs have won 45 games? The trading deadline passed? There's 82 games? Mindfuck over here.

MJ23DWADE3
02-24-2007, 02:48 PM
I mean i dont care Im just saying that because it can happen

ponky
02-24-2007, 02:57 PM
The Mavs have won 45 games? The trading deadline passed? There's 82 games? Mindfuck over here.

and only THREE, three, THrEe, tHrEe, count 'em, 1-2-3, losses at home...haha, don't worry i'm bored, i don't usually get this bonkers before a game. i was going to go play some tennis but it's too windy

leemajors
02-24-2007, 02:59 PM
dallas may score 140 tonight.

Dirk Nowitzki
02-24-2007, 03:08 PM
Denver (26-27) at Dallas (45-9)

Preview - Box Score - Recap

Game Info: 9:00 pm EST Sat Feb 24, 2007
TV: NBA, KTXA Add to Calendar
Buy Tickets

By DAN BURCH, STATS Writer

The Dallas Mavericks have looked nearly unstoppable on their way to the NBA's best record this season, and their run of strong play may not end anytime soon.

The Mavericks look to extend multiple winning streaks when the Denver Nuggets come to town on Saturday.

Dallas (45-9) has put together several impressive runs this season and has dominated the final two opponents it will face on its three-game homestand. The Mavericks - who are 31-2 since Dec. 13 - beat Miami 112-100 on Thursday in the opener of the homestand for their 10th straight win overall and 18th in a row at home, extending the new franchise record.

Dirk Nowitzki had 31 points and 11 rebounds to help the Mavericks become just the fourth team in NBA history to have three winning streaks of at least 10 games in the same season. Dallas led by as many as 32 points in the fourth quarter and swept the two-game season series with the Heat, exacting some revenge for its NBA finals loss last June.

ADVERTISEMENT

"Our first three quarters was some of the best basketball we have played all year," Dallas coach Avery Johnson said. "We were vibrant and energized."

One of the few concerns for the Mavericks was the absence of All-Star Josh Howard in the fourth quarter. He landed on the foot of Miami's Jason Kapono and sprained his right ankle, though Johnson didn't seem overly concerned about his status for Saturday.

"He should be OK. It is not one of the worst ones we have seen," the Mavericks coach said of Howard, averaging 19.1 points and 7.2 rebounds. "That was the second or third time that has happened to him this year, so we will have to look out for that kind of stuff."

Even if Howard can't go, Dallas may not have problems with either Denver or Atlanta, which it faces Monday. The Mavericks - who are 25-3 at American Airlines Center this season - have won both meetings with the Nuggets this season and seven of the last eight between the teams. Dallas is 23-6 overall against Denver since the start of the decade and has won 17 of its last 18 at home against the Nuggets.

The Mavericks have also won 12 of 15 against the Hawks, including a 7-1 record in Dallas.

The Nuggets (26-27) limp into American Airlines Center after being routed in their last two contests, despite deceptive final scores. Denver trailed by 31 points entering the fourth quarter of Tuesday's 95-80 loss to San Antonio, then lost 114-104 to Utah on Friday night in a game it trailed by as many as 21 points in the fourth.

Denver - which has lost three straight - is just 2-6 with both Carmelo Anthony and Allen Iverson in the lineup. Anthony had 36 against the Jazz while Iverson rebounded from a season-low nine points against the Spurs to score 33, but it wasn't enough for the Nuggets, who played their first game without J.R. Smith.

Denver's long-distance threat, Smith underwent surgery on Wednesday after tearing cartilage in his left knee against San Antonio and will be out for a month.

"We don't have no chemistry right now," Anthony said. "We're just trying to get everybody on the same page. It seems like everybody's in their own world right now. The chemistry off the court is very great, I can tell you that. That's why I don't understand why the chemistry on the court is not as great."

The Nuggets have lost five of their last seven road games. They visit Memphis on Monday.

:rolleyes Leave it to a fucking spurs fan to start a Mavs game thread. :flipoff Thats my job!! :madrun :rolleyes

dallaskd
02-24-2007, 04:05 PM
dallas by 11.

BUMP
02-24-2007, 04:33 PM
what will Nuggets fan excuse be tonight after they lose?

1) Dirk gets all the calls

2) its a back2back

3) jr smith is hurt

Amare_32
02-24-2007, 04:35 PM

2) its a back2back

3) jr smith is hurt

4) All of the above

RonMexico
02-24-2007, 05:21 PM
and only THREE, three, THrEe, tHrEe, count 'em, 1-2-3, losses at home...haha, don't worry i'm bored, i don't usually get this bonkers before a game. i was going to go play some tennis but it's too windy

If you can somehow find and order me some decent chinese food in Houston, I'll appreciate it... I'm hungry

monosylab1k
02-24-2007, 05:22 PM
4) All of the above

5) They were the idiots that traded for teamkiller Iverson.

Rip-Hamilton32
02-24-2007, 05:23 PM

2) its a back2back

3) jr smith is hurt

so what are you gonna use as an excuse when the mavs lose?

monosylab1k
02-24-2007, 05:25 PM

What was our excuse the last time? Shit, when WAS the last time? I really can't remember. chicago?

RonMexico
02-24-2007, 05:25 PM
When did the Mavs start as a franchise? 2000?

monosylab1k
02-24-2007, 05:33 PM

When did your mother's asshole get so loose? She's useless to me now.

RonMexico
02-24-2007, 05:54 PM
When did your mother's asshole get so loose? She's useless to me now.

I just was wondering... jeez

Amarelooms
02-24-2007, 06:22 PM

Don't need an excuse when you are the best team in the league...no biggie if they lose partner...

dallaskd
02-24-2007, 06:32 PM
they dont lose.

ponky
02-24-2007, 06:51 PM
If you can somehow find and order me some decent chinese food in Houston, I'll appreciate it... I'm hungry

eh, i could call my chinese friend who lives there but he's been AWOL since getting married...home-made cooking and sex must be doing him in, his marriage was arranged!

Amarelooms
02-24-2007, 07:19 PM
eh, i could call my chinese friend who lives there but he's been AWOL since getting married...home-made cooking and sex must be doing him in, his marriage was arranged!

When are we getting married?

Dirk Nowitzki
02-24-2007, 07:21 PM
Memo to Nugget fans and Mav haters: go out tonight! The Mavs have already won this game as we just have to wait a few more hours before this blowout is complete. Getting all worked up for a Mavs loss is pointless so do yourself a favor and get laid. :)

Amarelooms
02-24-2007, 07:44 PM
Memo to Nugget fans and Mav haters: go out tonight! The Mavs have already won this game as we just have to wait a few more hours before this blowout is complete. Getting all worked up for a Mavs loss is pointless so do yourself a favor and get laid. :)

But your mom isn't here yet...

Dirk Nowitzki
02-24-2007, 07:47 PM
But your mom isn't here yet...
:wtf :wtf Your a Mav hater? BTW does Amare still loom? Should Spurs fans be afraid?

ducks
02-24-2007, 08:03 PM
they dont lose.
so the 9 losses are not losses now?
they just gave those games away therefore do not count as losses :wtf

Amarelooms
02-24-2007, 08:31 PM
:wtf :wtf Your a Mav hater? BTW does Amare still loom? Should Spurs fans be afraid?

Amare LOOMS and EVERYONE should be afraid...very afraid :elephant

BUMP
02-24-2007, 09:31 PM

86 as far as im concerned when we lost to the Lakers in 7 games.

dont get me started Suns fan in Houston :lol

Dirk Nowitzki
02-24-2007, 10:09 PM
:sleep :sleep :sleep Mavs up 60-56 at halftime! This game is overrrrrrrrrrr. Great win guys!! That is now 32 of 34 now!! :elephant :elephant

Amarelooms
02-24-2007, 10:13 PM
:sleep :sleep :sleep Mavs up 60-56 at halftime! This game is overrrrrrrrrrr. Great win guys!! That is now 32 of 34 now!! :elephant :elephant

STFU moron...Mavs are playing horrible...gotta stepup and play better D or this is going to be an L

Dirk Nowitzki
02-24-2007, 10:16 PM
STFU moron...Mavs are playing horrible...gotta stepup and play better D or this is going to be an L

:blah :blah I have been right on 46 of the 55 games so far this year so You STFU! :)

Amarelooms
02-24-2007, 10:18 PM
:blah :blah I have been right on 46 of the 55 games so far this year so You STFU! :)

Wow what a genius...stop acting like a retard you moron....

Dirk Nowitzki
02-24-2007, 10:19 PM
Wow what a genius...stop acting like a retard you moron....

You ought to stop contradicting yourself. :)

mavs>spurs2
02-24-2007, 10:19 PM

LMAO

Dirk Nowitzki
02-24-2007, 10:21 PM
LMAO

Whatup brother! Dont you expect us to do what we have done all year...play lockdown D in the 2nd half and win by over 15? I do.

mavsfan1000
02-24-2007, 10:21 PM
LMAO at Dirk Nowitzki troll screename thinking he is taking credit for the mavs winning. Go fuck yourself you closet spurs fan who is trying to give mav fans a bad name. How old are you anyways?

Dirk Nowitzki
02-24-2007, 10:24 PM
LMAO at Dirk Nowitzki troll screename thinking he is taking credit for the mavs winning. Go fuck yourself you closet spurs fan who is trying to give mav fans a bad name. How old are you anyways?

Go fuck yourself dipshit. I dont go rejoicing injuries like you do you piece of shit. You are lower then dirt for being happy about that shit so spare me the lecture of giving Mav fans a bad name when you clearly do. :rolleyes :rolleyes

P.S: I am old enough to realize that wishing injuries is just down right fucked up low class shit unlike you.

mavsfan1000
02-24-2007, 10:29 PM
D-Whistle is a scum so he got his karma. Talking shit about Dirk saying Dirk is a choker. The irony of this happening right after he said that. How can you as a mav fan feel sorry for that piece of shit?

Dirk Nowitzki
02-24-2007, 10:34 PM
D-Whistle is a scum so he got his karma. Talking shit about Dirk saying Dirk is a choker. The irony of this happening right after he said that. How can you as a mav fan feel sorry for that piece of shit?

How can I feel bad? BECAUSE I DONT WISH INJURIES ON ANYBODY!! Players talk shit all the time but I NEVER wish injury on them. Cuban dissed the riverwalk does he deserve to suffer a serious injury for that trash talk? No... That is fucked up to think like that. I dont take the game to extremes like you do wishing for shit like that to happen.

Yeah that would be the ideal situation. I'm sure most mavs would like to beat the Heat at full strength. I feel that Wade deserved some karma. Maybe celebrating an injury is going overboard though but seeing the Heat struggle and watching Shaq try to carry a team by himself is fun as well.

I rest my case. If me being cocky and confident in my team gives Mavs fans a bad name, I wonder what that makes you for saying cold hearted shit like that!! :rolleyes :rolleyes

confined
02-24-2007, 10:37 PM
You ought to stop contradicting yourself. :)
:lol :lol :lol

dirk4mvp
02-24-2007, 10:42 PM

Are you trying to expand your beer belly?

ducks
02-24-2007, 10:50 PM
good game
this game puzzles me because denver was completly blown out by spurs
now mavs are struggling against them

dirk4mvp
02-24-2007, 10:55 PM
good game

Excellent logic

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-24-2007, 10:57 PM
its easy to see that Melo and AI r getting better together but the other guys r still crap :lol

Our bench is horrible

P-O-Z
02-24-2007, 10:57 PM
Why dont you do yourself a favor and get a life

ducks
02-24-2007, 10:58 PM
camby has 7 assist

dg7md
02-24-2007, 10:59 PM
Remember when people thought the Nuggets were title contenders?

dirk4mvp
02-24-2007, 11:00 PM

no

dirk4mvp
02-24-2007, 11:02 PM
camby has 7 assist

Dirk has more.

Flight3107
02-24-2007, 11:03 PM
good game

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing when the Spurs got beat by Orlando. :rolleyes

dg7md
02-24-2007, 11:07 PM
Mavs aren't "struggling" against the Nuggets more than any team would in any game. But I believe the Nuggets will close the gap to single digits, whether or not they'll WIN is in question though.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-24-2007, 11:08 PM
:lol its hilarious that Dirk has never had a Triple Double and yet so many people harped on the fact that Melo hadn't had one until this season. Dirk has been around much longer

schadenfreude52
02-24-2007, 11:22 PM
2 Asts away from the triple-double...

BUMP
02-24-2007, 11:25 PM
Dampier :lol

BUMP
02-24-2007, 11:30 PM

1980's forum

dg7md
02-24-2007, 11:31 PM
1980's forum

Actually try 2 months ago forum.

ponky
02-24-2007, 11:56 PM

:lol :lol :lol i totally love your spirit, you crack me up with these silly posts, i can't wait until the playoffs, you're going to go nutz! :lol :lol :lol

ponky
02-25-2007, 12:01 AM
:lol its hilarious that Dirk has never had a Triple Double and yet so many people harped on the fact that Melo hadn't had one until this season. Dirk has been around much longer

we don't care about that crap, with two minutes left he looked all hesitant like he was looking for a guy to pass it to and maybe notch another assist and look what happened...they stole the ball from him and avery took him out of the game...that'll teach him not to worry about that assist crap, he's best when shooting!

td4mvp21
02-25-2007, 12:02 AM
Denver was considered a contender at the start of the 04-05 season, and at the beginning of last season I think. Obviously they aren't/weren't though.

ponky
02-25-2007, 12:03 AM
Denver was considered a contender at the start of the 04-05 season, and at the beginning of last season I think. Obviously they aren't/weren't though.

they aren't doing anything right now to stop the ball on the other end...najera and nene can't work the D all by themselves, it's a shame, so much talent on that team but they will lose a lot of games because even their offensive isn't as tight as teams like the suns

Amarelooms
02-25-2007, 12:06 AM
they aren't doing anything right now to stop the ball on the other end...najera and nene can't work the D all by themselves, it's a shame, so much talent on that team but they will lose a lot of games because even their offensive isn't as tight as teams like the suns

Stop ignoring me ponky...you can't change destiny. We are meant to be together lol :elephant

ponky
02-25-2007, 12:06 AM
it's cool that jho's ankle was alright but with devean out and buckner hobbling along we need to get those sorry little rookies to do something better than give up a 16 point lead in three minutes!

Amarelooms
02-25-2007, 12:08 AM
it's cool that jho's ankle was alright but with devean out and buckner hobbling along we need to get those sorry little rookies to do something better than give up a 16 point lead in three minutes!

Those sorry rookies need to stay on the bench..they suck. Devin, Stack and Croshere need to step-up and play more mins and produce. Also would help if Diop could score 6-8 points like today

ponky
02-25-2007, 12:09 AM
Stop ignoring me ponky...you can't change destiny. We are meant to be together lol :elephant

i'm already shacking up with a mavericks fan! :spin :spin :spin

td4mvp21
02-25-2007, 12:10 AM

Yeah I think they are definitely underachieving, but really they don't have the team defense nor the three point shooting to actually do pretty good so...

P-O-Z
02-25-2007, 12:18 AM
The nuggets will be fine come playoff time i have a feeling they will pull an upset

Amarelooms
02-25-2007, 12:26 AM
The nuggets will be fine come playoff time i have a feeling they will pull an upset

You have a feeling...wgas what you feel or think genius. The Nuggets can't beat the Mavs, Spurs, Suns or Jazz so how exactly are they gonna pull off an upset?

P-O-Z
02-25-2007, 12:32 AM
You have a feeling...wgas what you feel or think genius. The Nuggets can't beat the Mavs, Spurs, Suns or Jazz so how exactly are they gonna pull off an upset?
Hey anything can happen remeber when the nuggets were the 8th seed they beat a very good sonics team with payton and kemp in their prime

Amare_32
02-25-2007, 12:50 AM
Is too soon to call the AI and Melo pairing a failure?

mavsfan1000
02-25-2007, 12:52 AM
Hey anything can happen remeber when the nuggets were the 8th seed they beat a very good sonics team with payton and kemp in their prime
It's more likely to happen in a 5 game series plus that is the biggest upset of all-time. Mutombo was a beast defensively back than.

P-O-Z
02-25-2007, 12:54 AM
It's more likely to happen in a 5 game series plus that is the biggest upset of all-time. Mutombo was a beast defensively back than.
Trust me they can do it they will gel before the playoffs

StylisticS
02-25-2007, 12:55 AM
You know what. Fuck it....I will let ignorance continue to wallow in ignorance. Because if I continue with that level, we will go back and forth on this bullshit.

Amare_32
02-25-2007, 01:08 AM
Trust me they can do it they will gel before the playoffs

It won't be that easy for them. 1st they are below .500 which in the West is not good if you want to hold on to a playoff spot. Secondly they have the Clippers and possibly the Warriors breathing down thier necks. As of tonight the Hornets have taken them over for the 7th seed. Last that team is injury prone. JR Smith is out as well as Kenyon Martin and Camby is also prone to injury. Quite frankly the Nuggets are awful.

Dirk Nowitzki
02-25-2007, 04:13 AM
Why dont you do yourself a favor and get a life

I already am doing that favor. Thanks for the tip buddy. :)

Fillmoe
02-25-2007, 01:24 PM
i told yall dallas was gonna win

RonMexico
02-25-2007, 02:07 PM
Well, looks like that trade backfired...

Amarelooms
02-25-2007, 02:29 PM
i told yall dallas was gonna win

You have no shame huh. One would think after having egg on your face numerous time you would just shut the fuck up already. We all know you want the Mavs to lose.....