PDA

View Full Version : WC Playoff Bracket

boutons_
02-25-2007, 05:01 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/bamboozool2/090_Spurs_2005_6/2007_WC_bracket_Feb_25.gif

ducks
02-25-2007, 05:14 PM
I think denver can if everyone is healthy take the mavs to 6 games or even beat them in the first round

denver was impressive last night
finally score was not as close as that game was

timvp
02-25-2007, 05:16 PM
The best standings for the Spurs at the end of the season would be:

1. Mavs
2. Suns
3. Spurs
4. Rockets
5. Jazz
6. Hornets
7. Lakers
8. Timberwolves

I think the Spurs could make it out of the West if it ended up like that. The Spurs would have the easiest first round draw, while the Suns would struggle against the Lakers and Dirk would have to go headsup against KG.

Then if the Spurs can make it past the second round, they'd go up against a Mav team that had to fight to make it that far.

It'd be a huge improvement over last year when the Spurs got the surging Kings in the first round, while the Mavs got the first round bye that is the Memphis Grizzlies.

Trainwreck2100
02-25-2007, 05:17 PM
I thought the new seeding rule had them not reseeding until the second round

boutons_
02-25-2007, 05:32 PM
Even if the Hornets stay healthy and get some more rotation guys back, they still need to make up 4+ games on the Lakers to grab 6th vs Spurs.

Generously, 6 teams, currently with 29 - 31 L, will be fighting for 7th and 8th.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/standings?season=2007&group=conference&seasontype=2

wildbill2u
02-25-2007, 05:32 PM
Anyone who thinks ANY draw in any bracket in the West is going to be a day in the park is crazy.

There is so much power in the West that the victor is likely to be merely a survivor. Should make for some great and lengthy playoffs though.

Russ
02-25-2007, 05:37 PM
Several times the Spurs had the best record in the West only to be screwed by the seedings. Like '03, when the Spurs had to play the 3 time defending champ Lakers in the second round. And last year, having to play a 1 vs. 2 seed matchup in the second round.

This year, it's just the opposite. If the Spurs keep the 3 seed and the Jazz and Rockets are 4/5, the Spurs are in the easier bracket. Despite having done little in the regular season to earn that fate. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

Now, they just have to take advantage of it. :)

jack0fspeed
02-25-2007, 05:51 PM

I didn't think so. I mean they can score, but they turn the ball over too much and they can't defend at all.

ducks
02-25-2007, 06:12 PM
they do not defend?
they shot 55% tell the fourth quarter
where was the dallas d

boutons_
02-25-2007, 06:15 PM
"the Spurs are in the easier bracket."

but have HCA only in first round. Spurs screwed themselves in 06 by having HCA and blowing a 7th game at home.

jack0fspeed
02-25-2007, 06:25 PM
they do not defend?
they shot 55% tell the fourth quarter
where was the dallas d

Denver's lack of defense has nothing to do with their shooting percentage.

If you're asking about the Mav's defense, that would be what made the Nuggies shoot 3/16 in the 4th quarter (44% for the game).

For the record, Dallas scored 56 points in the paint. Denver had 34. Basically their jumpshots were falling in the first half.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-25-2007, 06:31 PM
Denver will click b4 the playoffs, dont worry about that :smokin

The reality is that they will face either the Mavs or Suns in the 1st round and that is a tough ask.

Knowing my luck with the NBA, the Nuggets will probably win every game left and the Championship while im in Africa :lol and then lose every game when i get back :banghead

ducks
02-25-2007, 06:33 PM
camby had a awesome game against the mavs last night
if they had jr smith I think they would have won

jack0fspeed
02-25-2007, 06:39 PM
if they had jr smith I think they would have won

HA HA. Good one!

td4mvp21
02-25-2007, 06:48 PM
"the Spurs are in the easier bracket."

but have HCA only in first round. Spurs screwed themselves in 06 by having HCA and blowing a 7th game at home.

I have faith the Spurs can make it to the WCF's without HCA. They are very good on the road.

boutons_
02-25-2007, 07:14 PM
"They are very good on the road."

Not really, Mavs and Suns have fewer rd L, Utah has same rd L as Spurs

No HCA vs Suns and Mavs may be just enough to eliminate these dubious Spurs.

td4mvp21
02-25-2007, 07:59 PM
"They are very good on the road."

Not really, Mavs and Suns have fewer rd L, Utah has same rd L as Spurs

No HCA vs Suns and Mavs may be just enough to eliminate these dubious Spurs.

Oh, because the Mavs/Suns road record has everything to do with the Spurs being good on the road. I truly believe that the Spurs overall record, home record, AND road record do not reflect how good they really are. The Spurs are good on the road, they went through a rough stage where they lost some, but before that we were very good and now I think we will still be very good. I don't see why you seem to think that the Mavs and Suns road record shows that how good the Spurs are on the road :wtf.

Ninja-Defense
02-25-2007, 08:46 PM
Uh, how are the Spurs the 3 seed? I thought the top 3 seeds go to the division winners? And we know we're not winning the division....

P-O-Z
02-25-2007, 08:48 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/bamboozool2/090_Spurs_2005_6/2007_WC_bracket_Feb_25.gif

whwere did you find this do they have one for the ec bracket

DubMcDub
02-25-2007, 08:50 PM
I think denver can if everyone is healthy take the mavs to 6 games or even beat them in the first round

finally score was not as close as that game was

Really? I thought they were terrible. They have 2 fantastic players, a Marcus Camby, and a pretty awful team aside from that.

td4mvp21
02-25-2007, 08:53 PM
Denver would win like 1 game against Dallas, MAYBE 2 if A.I and melo went crazy in one game. But other than that, Denver isn't that good. They have chemistry issues and they can't defend even though they have some decent defenders and bruisers down low.

P-O-Z
02-25-2007, 08:55 PM
Denver will click b4 the playoffs, dont worry about that :smokin

The reality is that they will face either the Mavs or Suns in the 1st round and that is a tough ask.

Knowing my luck with the NBA, the Nuggets will probably win every game left and the Championship while im in Africa :lol and then lose every game when i get back :banghead
that is exactly what i think will happen

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-25-2007, 08:57 PM
:lol Now people know the real worth of Kmart (when he is healthy)

His Defensive presence has been underestimated so much, by fans from Denevr and other areas. He brings an intensity and toughness on the defensive end every night.

The Nuggets certainly wouldn't need him to score much (which is good coz he shoots way too much somtimes), but they sure need his D.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-25-2007, 09:02 PM
The team defense is going to take time to learn as a unit. The Mavs didnt start learning to play decent D as a team until Avery had been coaching them for a while.

The Nuggets need a coach that can teach good defensive schemes, and then have the team buy into them and trust each other.

I dont think it will happen this season. They may start clicking together as a unit but not 100% on the defensive end, they will have struggles there all season.

boutons_
02-25-2007, 09:08 PM
that bracket .gif image is from 3 or 4 years ago, from some website. I just modify the boxes each year, and change the boxes within a season.

bdictjames
02-25-2007, 10:04 PM
Jazz is probably gonna be the division champion, so puts the Spurs down to #4 seed, we face Houston in the first round, people.

td4mvp21
02-25-2007, 10:13 PM
Jazz is probably gonna be the division champion, so puts the Spurs down to #4 seed, we face Houston in the first round, people.

No, Phoenix, Dallas, and Utah are all in different divisions. With the new rules, we can still very likely finish at the third seed.

jaespur21
02-25-2007, 11:11 PM
Im extremely anxious.... i wish playoff time was hear already uh i meant here

THE SIXTH MAN
02-26-2007, 01:24 AM
No, Phoenix, Dallas, and Utah are all in different divisions. With the new rules, we can still very likely finish at the third seed.
What are the new rules this season?

Amuseddaysleeper
02-26-2007, 03:10 AM
What are the new rules this season?

I think its where division winners get one of the top FOUR seeds, and it's based on W/L record as oppose to last year division winners get top 3 seeds automatically.

DubMcDub
02-26-2007, 03:37 AM
I think its where division winners get one of the top FOUR seeds, and it's based on W/L record as oppose to last year division winners get top 3 seeds automatically.

Correct. The top 4 can now include 1 (but no more than 1) team that is not a division winner. That team will be ranked above any division winners that have a worse record.

sabar
02-26-2007, 04:27 AM
boutons is dead on if this does end up being the match up.

bdictjames
02-26-2007, 12:21 PM
I still cant believe Hornets caught up with the other teams in the WC. And how much Denver sucks with AI put in the lineup.

Dave McNulla
02-27-2007, 03:21 PM
Really? I thought they were terrible. They have 2 fantastic players, a Marcus Camby, and a pretty awful team aside from that.
denver won't make the playoffs.

remingtonbo2001
02-27-2007, 03:40 PM
Jeff Blake is alright, but they should have held on to Earl Boykins, or at least Watson. Missing K-Mart is huge, in terms of defense, and energy. Melo, is too young, but having A.I. will help. Just not sure if Karl is good enough to make this a cohesive unit. Maybe?

mabber
02-27-2007, 04:12 PM
The best standings for the Spurs at the end of the season would be:

1. Mavs
2. Suns
3. Spurs
4. Rockets
5. Jazz
6. Hornets
7. Lakers
8. Timberwolves

I think the Spurs could make it out of the West if it ended up like that. The Spurs would have the easiest first round draw, while the Suns would struggle against the Lakers and Dirk would have to go headsup against KG.

Then if the Spurs can make it past the second round, they'd go up against a Mav team that had to fight to make it that far.

It'd be a huge improvement over last year when the Spurs got the surging Kings in the first round, while the Mavs got the first round bye that is the Memphis Grizzlies.

T-Wolves might win 1 game vs. the Mavs. The Mavs whipped them in 2 different playoff series back before the Mavs played any D at all. Dirk got the better of KG in those series and he didn't get tired cuz he really didn't guard KG that much (KG would abuse him most of the time).

Mavs should be in good shape come the WCF's after the Spurs & Suns go 7 games in a very tight series.