PDA

View Full Version : Who has a Myspace?

SpursXO
02-25-2007, 07:06 PM
Yea I just got an account here. :oops I was just wondering who here has a myspace, since it has become soooo popular?

Melmart1
02-25-2007, 07:09 PM
I refuse to bow to the Dark Overlord that is social networking pages.

METALMiKE
02-25-2007, 08:12 PM
I do. :wakeup

Oscar DeLa
02-25-2007, 10:18 PM
:princess

ChumpDumper
02-25-2007, 10:24 PM
I hear jeffdrums22 has a couple of them.

White Goodman
02-25-2007, 10:39 PM
someone make an official SpursTalk myspace. Quickly!

KEDA
02-26-2007, 12:33 AM
myspace.com/kedabowl

NASpurs
02-26-2007, 12:37 AM
I know midget has one.

myspace.com/ILickSmegmaOffCocks

jaespur21
02-26-2007, 02:34 AM
ive had one. its ok bcuz i reunited with old high school friends on myspace and its good 2 see them doing well. *even tho im not* F the police

CuckingFunt
02-26-2007, 02:35 AM
"myspace" was sent here by the devil. I'm sure of it.

jaespur21
02-26-2007, 02:48 AM
but the devil has given us so much.......like beer, chocolate, thongs, ecstacy, hamburgers, frito pie, and those red hots i buy @ the movies

Dre_7
02-26-2007, 06:59 AM
www.myspace.com/andrae_7

Thought it was stupid and childish at first. Then I got one to communicate wit my bro in Mexico. Been hooked ever since.

CharlieMac
02-26-2007, 07:22 AM
I used to be one of those "Myspace sucks" people.

Then I got one.

It's working out for me pretty well.

sa_butta
02-26-2007, 09:58 AM
Ive got one, but its been getting bad on there. Everytime I sign in there I get slammed with a bunch of spam messages. I dont use it much anymore.
http://www.myspace.com/sa_butta

Taco
02-26-2007, 10:01 AM
Taco is a Myspacer

Sonia_TX
02-26-2007, 10:08 AM
I have one. I love being able to catch up with high school people I haven't seen in 10 years! :)

Spurminator
02-26-2007, 10:15 AM
I used to be one of those "Myspace sucks" people.

Then I got one.

It's working out for me pretty well.

Yeah I like it fine... It's basically what Classmates.com should have been all along. Great way to discover you no longer have anything in common with your old high school friends.

tlongII
02-26-2007, 10:16 AM
I won't admit it.

sa_butta
02-26-2007, 10:20 AM
Yeah I like it fine... It's basically what Classmates.com should have been all along. Great way to discover you no longer have anything in common with your old high school friends.Thats true, Its dumb to pay $40 a year on Classmates.com.

TheSanityAnnex
02-26-2007, 10:39 AM
:td

kingsfan
02-26-2007, 03:17 PM
I have one to get in touch with my old school friends but most of the women are married and I only know their maiden names http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smidepressed.gif I've met some other cool Kings fans though http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/downspin.gif

T-Pain
02-26-2007, 04:39 PM
Yea I just got an account here. :oops I was just wondering who here has a myspace, since it has become soooo popular?
i do

dg7md
02-26-2007, 08:23 PM
I do, we should post some links to ours and get a little Spurstalk group started.

kfedFAN
02-26-2007, 08:27 PM
i do

PM5K
02-26-2007, 08:33 PM
I will neither confirm nor deny....

Sonia, shhhhhh!

Sonia_TX
02-26-2007, 10:44 PM
I will neither confirm nor deny....

Sonia, shhhhhh!

lol...if they're 'friends' with me then they'll find you!! :p:

CosmicCowboy
02-27-2007, 01:05 PM
Beno Udrih

The other guys on the team are giving him massive shit about it...LOL

Taco
02-27-2007, 02:29 PM
Beno Udrih

The other guys on the team are giving him massive shit about it...LOL
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61118

AFBlue
02-27-2007, 02:33 PM
Went the Facebook route, instead of MySpace....more of the college scene I guess. I get on every once in a while, but not obsessed like some...

Findog
08-14-2007, 09:31 PM
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=5768764

here's mine

mardigan
08-14-2007, 09:42 PM

peewee's lovechild
08-14-2007, 09:45 PM
Myspace is gay.

peewee's lovechild
08-14-2007, 09:45 PM
But, I have one.

ashbeeigh
08-14-2007, 09:50 PM
But, I have one.

You love myspace.

And only two people here have access to mine.

marini martini
08-14-2007, 10:04 PM
I do,but only have 1 friend.........Tony??????

peewee's lovechild
08-14-2007, 10:07 PM
You love myspace.

And only two people here have access to mine.

Hmmmmmmmm . . .

Slydragon
08-14-2007, 10:11 PM
www.myspace.com/slydrag0n

marini martini
08-14-2007, 10:12 PM
:toast I'm the first one jerk wawd

ashbeeigh
08-14-2007, 10:13 PM

How sad, and his name is Tom. :p:

Melmart1
08-14-2007, 10:18 PM
Still a MySpace holdout ...

marini martini
08-14-2007, 10:21 PM

Yeh, whatever. Thanks :toast

marini martini
08-14-2007, 10:23 PM

Yeah,thanks! Whatever? :toast

T-Pain
08-14-2007, 10:26 PM
heres mine

www.myspace.com/vincerodriguez23

ashbeeigh
08-14-2007, 10:30 PM
http://www.myspace.com/ashbeeigh

ZStomp
08-14-2007, 10:30 PM
Still a MySpace holdout ...

Ditto.

2Blonde
08-14-2007, 10:59 PM
Don't worry my only friends are Tony, and my daughter and a couple of her best friends. I only got mine to check up on her. I have never really set up the page other than to post a pic of my husband and me. Also my screen name is an anonymous one.
My daughter put a note at the bottom of her my-space page that says "my mommy checks my-space" :lol I guess she felt she needed to warn her friends. but if the things they say when they know I am watching are filtered then I'm scared to know what they would say if they didn't know know I was checking up.

Flea
08-14-2007, 11:24 PM
Don't worry my only friends are Tony, and my daughter and a couple of her best friends. I only got mine to check up on her. I have never really set up the page other than to post a pic of my husband and me. Also my screen name is an anonymous one.
My daughter put a note at the bottom of her my-space page that says "my mommy checks my-space" :lol I guess she felt she needed to warn her friends. but if the things they say when they know I am watching are filtered then I'm scared to know what they would say if they didn't know know I was checking up.

I have one too and for the same reason. A few friends have found me on it though. I rarely check it and my daughter thinks my profile needs help. :lol

Trainwreck2100
08-15-2007, 12:08 AM

I'd recommend getting them computer to memorize her information, and log into her account to view her private messages.

SequSpur
08-15-2007, 12:12 AM
bigballinmotha

Sense
08-15-2007, 05:21 AM
Who doesnt? :|

I thought it was pretty retarded to be honest... but I got it right before I graduated and it's helped me keep in touch with some friends and family.

Avitus1
08-15-2007, 06:28 AM
I got one......

Tom
08-15-2007, 08:29 AM
www.myspace.com/tom

be my friend!

Shelly
08-15-2007, 08:36 AM
I had one for a while to check up on my son, but then he deleted me!!! He has another one that he shares with his friend that lives next door. He doesn't know that I know the login and password :lol

I deleted it last October because it's a time suck and I got tired of getting emails to watch someone on their webcam.

Tom
08-15-2007, 08:40 AM
I deleted it last October because it's a time suck and I got tired of getting emails to watch someone on their webcam.
I'm working on fixing that. You shouldn't have to worry about that stuff some time around 2015.

JoeChalupa
08-15-2007, 09:14 AM
I deleted my oldest daughter's myspace when I found out she created one when she knew it was against our rules. Busted!!!!

ducks
08-15-2007, 12:03 PM
lot of spyware and virus stuff on myspace

keeps me busy fixing computers

SpursWoman
08-15-2007, 03:10 PM

I actually made my daughter give me her name & password so I can check up on her ... as well as my nephew & my best friend's son without actually having to make one. I don't want one, although if they had had this when I was in high school I probably would have loved it. The only people I know online are from here, anyway. :drunk

Soul_Patch
08-15-2007, 03:11 PM
I had one, untill i started getting old fling emails from it, that my wife would find...she promptly insisted i remove it.

Leetonidas
08-15-2007, 04:51 PM
You invasive parents. :lol

SpursWoman
08-15-2007, 04:57 PM
My daughter is 12, and we've watched I don't know how many To Catch A Predator marathons. So that's the way it's going to be until she's at least 28. :spin

peewee's lovechild
08-15-2007, 06:00 PM
My daughter is 12, and we've watched I don't know how many To Catch A Predator marathons. So that's the way it's going to be until she's at least 28. :spin

I'm betting that we will all see Midge one of these days on that show.

I'll record it for posterity.

pooh
08-15-2007, 09:15 PM
I have three with a combined total of 1600 friends. It's a pain in the butt to keep up, but I do.

Sense
08-16-2007, 12:15 AM
I have three with a combined total of 1600 friends. It's a pain in the butt to keep up, but I do.
:nerd

marini martini
08-16-2007, 12:30 AM
:nerd

Dayyyyyummmmmmmmmmmmmmm :toast

Phil Hellmuth
08-16-2007, 12:31 AM
facebook >>> myspace

Sp Ginobili 20
08-16-2007, 12:27 PM
Facebook is better than myspace. I got one, anyone else?

PakiDan
08-16-2007, 12:29 PM
myspace.com/danielmochen

ATRAIN
08-16-2007, 12:29 PM
is facebook the new in thing now?

loveThe23
08-16-2007, 01:43 PM

Definitely. it's much more chilled out, that probably sounds stupid, but myspace is just stupid, i.e. drama. weird friend requests.. on facebook people who don't know you usually dont request you, its just the people you know. im happy mine got deleted cause i probably never could've done it myself. :lol

ashbeeigh
08-16-2007, 01:49 PM
I saw this a while back. It was interesting. And I have both.

Viewing American class divisions through Facebook and MySpace

danah boyd
June 24, 2007

Citation: boyd, danah. 2007. "Viewing American class divisions through Facebook and MySpace ." Apophenia Blog Essay. June 24 . http://www.danah.org/papers/essays/ClassDivisions.html

(If you have comments, please add them to the related entry on my blog. Thank you.)

(I have also written a response to the critiques of this essay. This should answer some of the confusions introduced by this essay.)

Over the last six months, I've noticed an increasing number of press articles about how high school teens are leaving MySpace for Facebook. That's only partially true. There is indeed a change taking place, but it's not a shift so much as a fragmentation. Until recently, American teenagers were flocking to MySpace. The picture is now being blurred. Some teens are flocking to MySpace. And some teens are flocking to Facebook. Who goes where gets kinda sticky... probably because it seems to primarily have to do with socio-economic class.

I want to take a moment to make a meta point here. I have been traipsing through the country talking to teens and I've been seeing this transition for the past 6-9 months but I'm having a hard time putting into words. Americans aren't so good at talking about class and I'm definitely feeling that discomfort. It's sticky, it's uncomfortable, and to top it off, we don't have the language for marking class in a meaningful way. So this piece is intentionally descriptive, but in being so, it's also hugely problematic. I don't have the language to get at what I want to say, but I decided it needed to be said anyhow. I wish I could just put numbers in front of it all and be done with it, but instead, I'm going to face the stickiness and see if I can get my thoughts across. Hopefully it works.

For the academics reading this, I want to highlight that this is not an academic article. It is not trying to be. It is based on my observations in the field, but I'm not trying to situate or theorize what is going on. I've chosen terms meant to convey impressions, but I know that they are not precise uses of these terms. Hopefully, one day, I can get the words together to actually write an academic article about this topic, but I felt as though this is too important of an issue to sit on while I find the words. So I wrote it knowing that it would piss many off. The academic side of me feels extremely guilty about this; the activist side of me finds it too critical to go unacknowledged.

Enter the competition

When MySpace launched in 2003, it was primarily used by 20/30-somethings (just like Friendster before it). The bands began populating the site by early 2004 and throughout 2004, the average age slowly declined. It wasn't until late 2004 that teens really started appearing en masse on MySpace and 2005 was the year that MySpace became the "in thing" for teens.

Facebook launched in 2004 as a Harvard-only site. It slowly expanded to welcome people with .edu accounts from a variety of different universities. In mid-2005, Facebook opened its doors to high school students, but it wasn't that easy to get an account because you needed to be invited. As a result, those who were in college tended to invite those high school students that they liked. Facebook was strongly framed as the "cool" thing that college students did. So, if you want to go to college (and particularly a top college), you wanted to get on Facebook badly. Even before high school networks were possible, the moment seniors were accepted to a college, they started hounding the college sysadmins for their .edu account. The message was clear: college was about Facebook.

For all of 2005 and most of 2006, MySpace was the cool thing for high school teens and Facebook was the cool thing for college students. This is not to say that MySpace was solely high school or Facebook solely college, but there was a dominating age division that played out in the cultural sphere.

When Facebook opened to everyone last September, it became relatively easy for any high school student to join (and then they simply had to get permission to join their high school network). This meant that many more high school teens did join, much to the chagrin and horror of college students who had already begun writing about their lack of interest in having HS students on "their" site. Still, even with the rise of high school students, Facebook was framed as being about college. This was what was in the press. This was what college students said. Facebook is what the college kids did. Not surprisingly, college-bound high schoolers desperately wanted in.

In addition to the college framing, the press coverage of MySpace as dangerous and sketchy alienated "good" kids. Facebook seemed to provide an ideal alternative. Parents weren't nearly as terrified of Facebook because it seemed "safe" thanks to the network-driven structure. (Of course, I've seen more half-naked, drink-carrying high school students on Facebook than on MySpace, but we won't go there.)

As this past school year progressed, the division around usage became clearer. In trying to look at it, I realized that it was primarily about class.

Socio-economic divisions

In sociology, Nalini Kotamraju has argued that constructing arguments around "class" is extremely difficult in the United States. Terms like "working class" and "middle class" and "upper class" get all muddled quickly. She argues that class divisions in the United States have more to do with lifestyle and social stratification than with income. In other words, all of my anti-capitalist college friends who work in cafes and read Engels are not working class just because they make $14K a year and have no benefits. Class divisions in the United States have more to do with social networks (the real ones, not FB/MS), social capital, cultural capital, and attitudes than income. Not surprisingly, other demographics typically discussed in class terms are also a part of this lifestyle division. Social networks are strongly connected to geography, race, and religion; these are also huge factors in lifestyle divisions and thus "class."

I'm not doing justice to her arguments but it makes sense. My friends who are making $14K in cafes are not of the same class as the immigrant janitor in Oakland just because the share the same income bracket. Their lives are quite different. Unfortunately, with this framing, there aren't really good labels to demarcate the class divisions that do exist. For this reason, I will attempt to delineate what we see on social network sites in stereotypical, descriptive terms meant to evoke an image.

The goodie two shoes, jocks, athletes, or other "good" kids are now going to Facebook. These kids tend to come from families who emphasize education and going to college. They are part of what we'd call hegemonic society. They are primarily white, but not exclusively. They are in honors classes, looking forward to the prom, and live in a world dictated by after school activities.

MySpace is still home for Latino/Hispanic teens, immigrant teens, "burnouts," "alternative kids," "art fags," punks, emos, goths, gangstas, queer kids, and other kids who didn't play into the dominant high school popularity paradigm. These are kids whose parents didn't go to college, who are expected to get a job when they finish high school. These are the teens who plan to go into the military immediately after schools. Teens who are really into music or in a band are also on MySpace. MySpace has most of the kids who are socially ostracized at school because they are geeks, freaks, or queers.

In order to demarcate these two groups, let's call the first group of teens "hegemonic teens" and the second group "subaltern teens." (Yes, I know that these words have academic and political valence. I couldn't find a good set of terms so feel free to suggest alternate labels.) These terms are sloppy at best because the division isn't clear, but it should at least give us terms with which to talk about the two groups.

The division is cleanest in communities where the predator panic hit before MySpace became popular. In much of the midwest, teens heard about Facebook and MySpace at the same time. They were told that MySpace was bad while Facebook was key for college students seeking to make friends at college. I go into schools where the school is split between the Facebook users and the MySpace users. On the coasts and in big cities, things are more murky than elsewhere. MySpace became popular through the bands and fans dynamic before the predator panic kicked in. Its popularity on the coasts and in the cities predated Facebook's launch in high schools. Many hegemonic teens are still using MySpace because of their connections to participants who joined in the early days, yet they too are switching and tend to maintain accounts on both. For the hegemonic teens in the midwest, there wasn't a MySpace to switch from so the "switch" is happening much faster. None of the teens are really switching from Facebook to MySpace, although there are some hegemonic teens who choose to check out MySpace to see what happens there even though their friends are mostly on Facebook.

Most teens who exclusively use Facebook are familiar with and have an opinion about MySpace. These teens are very aware of MySpace and they often have a negative opinion about it. They see it as gaudy, immature, and "so middle school." They prefer the "clean" look of Facebook, noting that it is more mature and that MySpace is "so lame." What hegemonic teens call gaudy can also be labeled as "glitzy" or "bling" or "fly" (or what my generation would call "phat") by subaltern teens. Terms like "bling" come out of hip-hop culture where showy, sparkly, brash visual displays are acceptable and valued. The look and feel of MySpace resonates far better with subaltern communities than it does with the upwardly mobile hegemonic teens. This is even clear in the blogosphere where people talk about how gauche MySpace is while commending Facebook on its aesthetics. I'm sure that a visual analyst would be able to explain how classed aesthetics are, but aesthetics are more than simply the "eye of the beholder" - they are culturally narrated and replicated. That "clean" or "modern" look of Facebook is akin to West Elm or Pottery Barn or any poshy Scandinavian design house (that I admit I'm drawn to) while the more flashy look of MySpace resembles the Las Vegas imagery that attracts millions every year. I suspect that lifestyles have aesthetic values and that these are being reproduced on MySpace and Facebook.

I should note here that aesthetics do divide MySpace users. The look and feel that is acceptable amongst average Latino users is quite different from what you see the subculturally-identified outcasts using. Amongst the emo teens, there's a push for simple black/white/grey backgrounds and simplistic layouts. While I'm using the term "subaltern teens" to lump together non-hegemonic teens, the lifestyle divisions amongst the subalterns are quite visible on MySpace through the aesthetic choices of the backgrounds. The aesthetics issue is also one of the forces that drives some longer-term users away from MySpace.

While teens on Facebook all know about MySpace, not all MySpace users have heard of Facebook. In particular, subaltern teens who go to school exclusively with other subaltern teens are not likely to have heard of it. Subaltern teens who go to more mixed-class schools see Facebook as "what the good kids do" or "what the preps do." They have various labels for these hegemonic teens but they know the division, even if they don't have words for it. Likewise, in these types of schools, the hegemonic teens see MySpace as "where the bad kids go." "Good" and "bad" seem to be the dominant language used to divide hegemonic and subaltern teens in mixed-class environments. At the same time, most schools aren't actually that mixed.

To a certain degree, the lack of familiarity amongst certain subaltern kids is not surprising. Teens from poorer backgrounds who are on MySpace are less likely to know people who go to universities. They are more likely to know people who are older than them, but most of their older friends, cousins, and co-workers are on MySpace. It's the cool working class thing and it's the dominant SNS at community colleges. These teens are more likely to be interested in activities like shows and clubs and they find out about them through MySpace. The subaltern teens who are better identified as "outsiders" in a hegemonic community tend to be very aware of Facebook. Their choice to use MySpace instead of Facebook is a rejection of the hegemonic values (and a lack of desire to hang out with the preps and jocks even online).

The division around MySpace and Facebook is just another way in which technology is mirroring societal values. Embedded in that is a challenge to a lot of our assumptions about who does what. The "good" kids are doing more "bad" things than we are willing to acknowledge (because they're the pride and joy of upwardly mobile parents). And, guess what? They're doing those same bad things online and offline. At the same time, the language and style of the "bad" kids offends most upwardly mobile adults. We see this offline as well. I've always been fascinated watching adults walk to the other side of the street when a group of black kids sporting hip-hop style approach. The aesthetics alone offend and most privileged folks project the worst ideas onto any who don that style. When I see a divide like this, I worry because it reproduced the idea that the "good" kids are good and that Facebook participation is good.

http://www.danah.org/papers/essays/ClassDivisions.html

I cut out quite a bit there...there was some information about the military and myspace and predators (as we have already mentioned).

gtownspur
08-16-2007, 04:25 PM
I saw this a while back. It was interesting. And I have both.

I cut out quite a bit there...there was some information about the military and myspace and predators (as we have already mentioned).

Good post assbeigh!

Jk!

Ashbeigh!

Phil Hellmuth
08-16-2007, 07:50 PM

it came before myspace actually and was ALWAYS better.

Leetonidas
08-16-2007, 11:05 PM
It's against terms of service for anyone under 14 to have a MySpace. :lol

Slydragon
08-16-2007, 11:33 PM
My brother had a friend over so we could play Madden and every time he was waiting his turn he was at this site

http://www.stickam.com/

It's like myspace but on there page is a web cam of there room/place and they all have them on. He was going threw the online now tab and there were some just sleeping and had there cam just facing them, So I type this to one chick who had it on her while she slept

"WAKE UP!!!"
"I put it in caps cuz I was yelling."

I was on my brother friend name when I did that, it was a random room. Next day he tells me thanks because she thought it was funny when she woke up (click the cam to enter there chat room) and sent him a friend request.

LuvBones
10-03-2007, 11:54 AM
I'm bored on myspace. Did you guys ever start a spurstalk group? We should do it!! :p:

Tom
10-03-2007, 11:56 AM
I'm bored on myspace. Did you guys ever start a spurstalk group? We should do it!! :p:
That's a great idea! After I spend all day fixing glitches, I'll join your group!

ashbeeigh
10-03-2007, 12:00 PM

I know someone had a spurstalk myspace, but it didn't take off very well. I'll get on that group thing and post the link when I'm done.

LuvBones
10-03-2007, 12:01 PM
People who have posted their urls, can I add you?

I know someone had a spurstalk myspace, but it didn't take off very well. I'll get on that group thing and post the link when I'm done.

Ok, cool! :D

ashbeeigh
10-03-2007, 12:12 PM
People who have posted their urls, can I add you?

Ok, cool! :D

http://groups.myspace.com/SPURSTALK

All set up. Everyone should join.

samikeyp
10-03-2007, 12:19 PM
Done.

LuvBones
10-03-2007, 12:21 PM
I'm in! :)

ashbeeigh
10-03-2007, 12:28 PM
Done.

I'm in! :)

and I saw JB joined too, :tu for everyone.

T-Pain
10-03-2007, 12:33 PM
im there

florige
10-03-2007, 02:04 PM
Im in too.

50 cent
10-03-2007, 02:58 PM
I'll think about it. Not sure I want you people knowing who I am.

:lmao

E20
10-03-2007, 03:08 PM
Ask Beno to join.

mardigan
10-03-2007, 03:10 PM
Im in
Under Seth Howard

angel_luv
10-03-2007, 03:32 PM
I'm in.

My display name is Happy Heart.

ATRAIN
10-03-2007, 03:40 PM
I dont have a myspace..........OK im lying!!

CuckingFunt
10-03-2007, 04:27 PM
Would it be totally uncool of me to ask the appeal of having an online networking group with a message board to discuss the happenings at an online networking group with a message board?

Viva Las Espuelas
10-03-2007, 04:29 PM
Would it be totally uncool of me to ask the appeal of having an online networking group with a message board to discuss the happenings at an online networking group with a message board?no need to psycho-analyze everything that crosses your path.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-03-2007, 04:31 PM
Would it be totally uncool of me to ask the appeal of having an online networking group with a message board to discuss the happenings at an online networking group with a message board?

Nope. In fact, I'll go post a poll over at the group now. :lol

I have no clue why its necessary, but meh.

ashbeeigh
10-03-2007, 04:39 PM

I see it more of a place to connect in a different way. I don't really know a lot of the people that have "joined" that group yet. So, it's another way of meeting people that I know already have at least one common interest, Spurstalk.

All these different social networking sites are just different ways to create relationships, something as humans we desire (way over analyzing here....huh?)

Viva Las Espuelas
10-03-2007, 04:41 PM
is this Spurstalk group "authorized"?

td4mvp21
10-03-2007, 04:59 PM

That was just fucking stupid.

E20
10-03-2007, 05:14 PM
CF, no one cares what you fucking think. Please GTFO out spurstalk.com nobody wants you here except PeeWee's Love child. That is an indiciation to GTFO immediatley.

jman3000
10-03-2007, 05:15 PM
why not.

10-03-2007, 05:20 PM

The redundancy detector is strong with this one...

angel_luv
10-03-2007, 05:48 PM
Well the good thing about a Spurstalk.com group is that it will show up on the list group of all its members.

Good advertising for the Board here- not that it needs it, but still.

CuckingFunt
10-03-2007, 07:23 PM
CF, no one cares what you fucking think. Please GTFO out spurstalk.com nobody wants you here except PeeWee's Love child. That is an indiciation to GTFO immediatley.It only takes a couple of clicks to ignore me.

Anyone else who doesn't want to read what I have to say is welcome to do the same.

I can continue posting whatever the fuck I want, and you can surf the internets in a completely Funt-free environment. It's a win-win. :clap

Faccia di Angelo
10-03-2007, 07:30 PM
I do. I get on maybe twice to three times a week. At first I was anti myspace as well but then one of my bestfriends set up an account for me (without my knowledge) and I've been keeping up with it ever since. Its fun getting creative and keeping up with old friends who otherwise I wouldn't have found. But yeah, the viruses and crap is really annoying and scary.
Hey Luvbones, whats yours?

E20
10-03-2007, 07:54 PM
It only takes a couple of clicks to ignore me.

Anyone else who doesn't want to read what I have to say is welcome to do the same.

I can continue posting whatever the fuck I want, and you can surf the internets in a completely Funt-free environment. It's a win-win. :clap
Good idea! Here's what you should do: Ask Kori to put you on all ignore or you do it manually yourself, because nobody want's to read your posts and you're wasting your time making yourself looking like an ass!

10-03-2007, 08:09 PM
Good idea! Here's what you should do: Ask Kori to put you on all ignore or you do it manually yourself, because nobody want's to read your posts and you're wasting your time making yourself looking like an ass!

Apostrophes.

Go easy on them.

E20
10-03-2007, 08:22 PM
Apostrophes.

Go easy on them.
That was a horrible sentence by me, but I only made two mistakes:

want's and looking, should have been: wants and look.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-03-2007, 08:22 PM
Apostrophes.

Go easy on them.

He ain't got time for all that learnin' and stuff.

E20
10-03-2007, 08:24 PM
He ain't got time for all that learnin' and stuff.
I'm smarter than your asian ass and asians are smart too! You bring shame upon your kind.

Johnny_Blaze_47
10-03-2007, 08:30 PM
The next time you come up with an original insult will be the first time.

Many have done it before and all have done it better.

Melmart1
10-03-2007, 08:33 PM
Who the fuck died and left E20 in charge of determining whose posts the rest of the forum should read?

E20
10-03-2007, 08:34 PM
Who the fuck died and left E20 in charge of determining whose posts the rest of the forum should read?
When Timvp dies I will, I'm just practicing.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-03-2007, 08:38 PM
http://i20.tinypic.com/2ef0v9h.gif

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
10-03-2007, 08:40 PM
And I don't like 99% of the people I interact with on a daily basis.

No need to bring it online.

ShoogarBear
10-03-2007, 08:53 PM
Would it be totally uncool of me to ask the appeal of having an online networking group with a message board to discuss the happenings at an online networking group with a message board?You're just jealous of this:

Group Leader:
Ashley

LuvBones
10-03-2007, 09:43 PM
http://i20.tinypic.com/2ef0v9h.gifNo kidding. this thread is titled myspace.. if anyone doesn't like it stay out.

marini martini
10-03-2007, 10:29 PM
can't remember my name or password :toast

Fillmoe
10-03-2007, 11:46 PM
e20 pretty much just said what is on everyones mind....

T-Pain
10-03-2007, 11:55 PM
No kidding. this thread is titled myspace.. if anyone doesn't like it stay out.
hey danielle do you run cross country or track for UTSA or somethin? im just curious.

LuvBones
10-03-2007, 11:58 PM
hey danielle do you run cross country or track for UTSA or somethin? im just curious.Nah, i'm not at UTSA now..

T-Pain
10-04-2007, 12:02 AM
Nah, i'm not at UTSA now..
o ok, you look like you run for the track team in your avatar with the track-jacket lookin thing you got on, lol! thanks for the add by the way :tu

LuvBones
10-04-2007, 12:06 AM
No problem. :)

Kori Ellis
10-04-2007, 12:10 AM
Next time you all take it upon yourselves to make something with the SpursTalk name on it, you could ask me first.

I don't care that you have a SpursTalk myspace group, but take the SpursTalk logo off it.

Thanks and in the future, use some common sense.

Kori Ellis
10-04-2007, 12:12 AM

Actually LinkedIn is the new thing (but it's more for adults than teenagers/young 20's). Facebook was last year. :lol

LuvBones
10-04-2007, 12:15 AM
Sorry Kori, I asked for a group but I didn't know it would have a spurstalk logo. :(

Viva Las Espuelas
10-04-2007, 12:16 AM
and the crowd goes mild..................

ashbeeigh
10-04-2007, 12:20 AM
I don't care that you have a SpursTalk myspace group, but take the SpursTalk logo off it.

Taken care of. Sorry about that. Just wanted it to be spiffy.

TheSanityAnnex
10-04-2007, 12:34 AM
Thanks and in the future, use some common sense.The employed always do.

Fillmoe
10-04-2007, 12:37 AM

:lol :lol

T-Pain
10-04-2007, 12:48 AM
Next time you all take it upon yourselves to make something with the SpursTalk name on it, you could ask me first.

wow, i didnt think it was that big a deal

Leetonidas
10-04-2007, 12:56 AM
May I spam said forum?

Kori Ellis
10-04-2007, 01:09 AM
wow, i didnt think it was that big a deal

It's not that big of deal. If it was, I'd say to take it down :lol I just said to ask me when you are going to use our name/logo.

Viva Las Espuelas
10-04-2007, 01:16 AM
http://www.bkbanners.com/Ebay/campfirepee2.jpg

Slydragon
10-04-2007, 11:15 AM
I joined the group.

boutons_
11-04-2007, 02:56 PM
Wednesday, Oct. 31, 2007

Facebook: More Popular Than Porn

By Bill Tancer

When I wrote last week's column comparing the social-networking sites MySpace and Facebook, I included a line after my signature stating that I had only 124 friends on Facebook, and urged readers to add me as their friends. As of today I have 261 new Facebook friends, the majority of which are Generation Y college students.

I turned to Hitwise data to find out more about them. By examining which websites social-network users visit after logging into their profiles, we can gain a bit of insight into how sites like Facebook fit into their members' daily online lives. The data showed that after other social networks, the most clicked-on category of sites was search engines, with 11.6% of all downstream visits. Web-based e-mail services were next with 8.5%. Blogs came in third in popularity at 6.1%, claiming more than four times the number of visits to traditional news sites, which logged 1.5% of downstream visits.

Perhaps a more interesting — and more accurate — way to figure out where college students are going online is to assess which of the 172 web categories tracked by Hitwise get the most hits from 18- to 24-year-olds. Here's a shocker: Porn is not No. 1. I've actually been puzzled by the decrease in visits to the Adult Entertainment category over the last two years. Visits to porn sites have dropped from 16.9% of all site visits in the U.S. in October 2005 to 11.9% as of last week, a 33% decline. Currently, for web users over the age of 25, Adult Entertainment still ranks high in popularity, coming in second, after search engines. Not so for 18- to 24-year-olds, for whom social networks rank first, followed by search engines, then web-based e-mail — with porn sites lagging behind in fourth. If you chart the rate of visits to social-networking sites against those to adult sites over the last two years, there appears to be a strong negative correlation (i.e., visits to social networks go up as visits to adult sites go down). It's a leap to say there's a real correlation there, but if there is one, then I'd bet it has everything to do with Gen Y's changing habits: they're too busy chatting with friends to look at online skin. Imagine.

This reshaped online landscape leaves me feeling old and out of the loop. It seems that social-networking sites have not only usurped porn in popularity, but they've also gobbled up time Gen Y-ers used to spend on traditional e-mail and IM. When you can reach all of your friends through Facebook or MySpace, there's little reason to spend time in your old-school inbox. So, if social networking is becoming e-mail 2.0, then perhaps Microsoft's recent $240 million dollar payout for such a small stake in Facebook isn't that ridiculous.

The reality is that Facebook isn't just for kids. Last week — and this was a highlight — my dad, who just turned 75, added me as a friend on Facebook. I considered sending him a virtual beer to celebrate the occasion, but I didn't think either of us would see the point. Back in my day, we drank beers out of bottles and cans — we didn't have these new-fangled virtual beers. But, then again, I think that's something I probably still have in common with the younger generation, something I don't need Hitwise data to back up: the love of a good old-fashioned beer.

Let the messages roll in.

Bill Tancer is general manger of global research at Hitwise

* Find this article at:
* http://www.time.com/time/business/article/0,8599,1678586,00.html

angel_luv
12-10-2007, 05:24 PM
Awesome!

My pastor is on my space. :)

jman3000
12-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Awesome!

My pastor is on my space. :)

he must have heard of all the possibilites there are in picking up 13 year old boys over it.

angel_luv
12-10-2007, 05:41 PM
That is why I don't tell you guys anything.

You're not a pretzel, so why are you so twisted?

JoeChalupa
12-10-2007, 05:49 PM
I've never had and never will have a myspace.

batman2883
12-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Myspace Is Lame!!!

Duff McCartney
12-10-2007, 08:19 PM
I've never had and never will have a myspace.

More people would probably think you're a perv if you had a myspace than applaud you for having one.

loveThe23
12-10-2007, 08:48 PM
Speaking of myspace and NBA players, i looked up Kevin Martin and I got this.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=1000338706

Is it just me, or does that really look like him? The back of the head, hes 24 years old... wtf? and it says he's gay. :depressed :depressed
i even sent him a message and asked if it was him..and what do you know, he didn't fuckin reply. i hope this shit is fake.

bdictjames
12-10-2007, 09:47 PM
Speaking of myspace and NBA players, i looked up Kevin Martin and I got this.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=1000338706

Is it just me, or does that really look like him? The back of the head, hes 24 years old... wtf? and it says he's gay. :depressed :depressed
i even sent him a message and asked if it was him..and what do you know, he didn't fuckin reply. i hope this shit is fake.
I highly doubt it. His profile says he's from Okinawa.

Dont get your hopes up. :lol

I have a myspace, just not too eager in using one. It gets old every once in a while.

ploto
12-10-2007, 11:02 PM
Why does anyone over 25 have a myspace unless they use it to promote their business?

marini martini
12-10-2007, 11:04 PM
To hook up with old high school friends? :lol :lol :lol

Who are probably dead :depressed

loveThe23
12-10-2007, 11:07 PM
I highly doubt it. His profile says he's from Okinawa.

Dont get your hopes up. :lol

I have a myspace, just not too eager in using one. It gets old every once in a while.

Wtf do you mean don't get your hopes up? for him being gay?

Oh please.... :lol
It's probably just a poser, or a dude that looks like him..that has the same name... :pctoss

angel_luv
12-10-2007, 11:10 PM
Why does anyone over 25 have a myspace unless they use it to promote their business?

To me, My Space is a nice combination/ twist on e-mail and a message board.

I've met a lot of nice people through my space. Uros, for example. :)

ashbeeigh
12-10-2007, 11:47 PM

I know a lot of parents who use it to keep in touch with their adult children who have moved away from home. They also find people who are doing the same that they've lost touch with and/or work with. I've done a lot recently.

td4mvp21
12-11-2007, 12:08 AM
Anyone on this board who says myspace is stupid might be a tad bit hypocritical.

ATX Spur
12-11-2007, 02:48 AM
I used to be skeptical about Myspace. But then my sisters created pages for themselves, and they live far from me, so it's nice to be able to take a look at their pages and see what they're up to.

It's not that bad. Plus you get to put up stupid pictures of yourself. :oops

ploto
12-11-2007, 12:56 PM
I know a lot of parents who use it to keep in touch with their adult children who have moved away from home.
I would be concerned if the only way I could keep touch with my child was through myspace.

I just think it is people's attempt to make themselves into a public figure when they aren't.

Kori Ellis
12-11-2007, 01:15 PM
I finally joined LinkedIn after getting so many invites from clients. So, if y'all have it, you can add me.

ploto
12-11-2007, 04:14 PM
Anyone on this board who says myspace is stupid might be a tad bit hypocritical.
How? I don't have my picture on here or any personal information. I don't talk about what is going on with me personally for all the world to read, as if they would care or need to know. I have never acted as if the people here are my cyber-friends, for whatever that is worth. That is the whole fun of it. I get to be whoever I want to be.

makedamnsure
12-11-2007, 09:31 PM
I have a Myspace. Maybe I've posted it in here before???
www.myspace.com/fakeids

and a facebook too.

ashbeeigh
12-11-2007, 11:38 PM
I would be concerned if the only way I could keep touch with my child was through myspace.

I just think it is people's attempt to make themselves into a public figure when they aren't.

Opinions are opinions, you know? It's not the only way they keep in touch, it's another way to keep in touch.

I finally joined LinkedIn after getting so many invites from clients. So, if y'all have it, you can add me.

I have one friend on there and that's it. It's my attempt at being an adult. :lol I don't think it's working well.

obal10
05-15-2008, 04:41 AM
i have one! ahaha

hey by the way! i want to share this to you! Spurs layout for your myspace profile!
check this Spurs Logo Myspace Layout! (http://www.ugotbling.com/myspace-layouts/sports/spurs-logo)

i hope you like this! lol

Ginofan
05-15-2008, 08:33 AM
i have one! ahaha

hey by the way! i want to share this to you! Spurs layout for your myspace profile!
check this Spurs Logo Myspace Layout! (http://www.ugotbling.com/myspace-layouts/sports/spurs-logo)

i hope you like this! lol

That's awesome, nice job!

batman2883
05-15-2008, 08:58 AM
i have one i have one!!!

Los Spurs
05-15-2008, 10:09 AM
That is why I don't tell you guys anything.

You're not a pretzel, so why are you so twisted?

:lol @ You're not a pretzel, so why are you so twisted?

Good one, Angel :toast

mexicanjunior
05-15-2008, 11:48 AM
I have one...

RandomGuy
05-15-2008, 02:00 PM
As do I. You would never guess the name... ;)