PDA

View Full Version : how to make Manu a 5 time All star....

romain.star
02-26-2007, 08:16 AM
i think that a new formula has to be found for the All star game.. last ASG was an embarrassment to the game..
Since the USA team failes year after year to compete for a world or an olympic title, since foreigners wins MVP and lead the best teams in the NBA, it would be high time for a Foreigners vs Americans ASG...

There're already many all star (even MVP) caliber players: TP, Manu, Dirk, Nash, Stojakovic, Okur, AK47, Gasol, YaoMing, Iglauskas.

Plus many young guns who will probably make it to the All Star Game someday: Nenad Krstic, Darko Milicic, Luol Deng, Diaw, Pietrus, Bogut, Bargani, Nocioni, Barbosa.

It would give much more sense for the game in itself.
On top of it, it would secure Manu selection for the next 5 ASG !!

Texas_Ranger
02-26-2007, 09:24 AM
Who cares about an All-star.

George Gervin's Afro
02-26-2007, 09:28 AM
i think that a new formula has to be found for the All star game.. last ASG was an embarrassment to the game..
Since the USA team failes year after year to compete for a world or an olympic title, since foreigners wins MVP and lead the best teams in the NBA, it would be high time for a Foreigners vs Americans ASG...

There're already many all star (even MVP) caliber players: TP, Manu, Dirk, Nash, Stojakovic, Okur, AK47, Gasol, YaoMing, Iglauskas.

Plus many young guns who will probably make it to the All Star Game someday: Nenad Krstic, Darko Milicic, Luol Deng, Diaw, Pietrus, Bogut, Bargani, Nocioni, Barbosa.

Your starting to sound like fans of another franchise that is also located in Texas. Lobbying for their players..doesn't look good.

nkdlunch
02-26-2007, 09:54 AM
How about no. Let Manu concentrate on titles

ArgSpursFan
02-26-2007, 11:23 AM
No.It could be a

Cherry
02-26-2007, 11:29 AM
He don´t want to be an All Star, the 6man, the MVP, ... just win the championship.:hungry:

romain.star
02-26-2007, 12:12 PM
well it's not just about manu being a 5 time all star but it's more the idea that the nba has become an international competition... the current allstar game formula is the heritage of the past and it has to be thought differently...

Cherry
02-26-2007, 01:11 PM
well it's not just about manu being a 5 time all star but it's more the idea that the nba has become an international competition... the current allstar game formula is the heritage of the past and it has to be thought differently...

yeah, i see your point :)

And some Teams "suggested" to international players not to play in the Olympic Qualification this summer. I don´t like the idea, but i´m understand.

objective
02-26-2007, 05:12 PM
for whatever reason I always feel there should be a delineation between international players who were 'basketball educated' in the USA like in US high schools or the NCAA and other international players who have 'pure' international playing styles and no US connections whatsoever to their development.

2Cleva
02-26-2007, 05:16 PM
Change the rules because someone can't make it on his own accord?

Nice.

Medvedenko
02-26-2007, 05:19 PM
I like the idea of the US vs the World... The NHL did this a while back after the Canadians lost the olympics...it was good for a few years. They're back to normal now though, but still I like the concept. Let the guys play for something other than mugging for the camera.

whottt
02-26-2007, 05:36 PM
Argentina needs to get off their asses and vote him in....do they have PC's in Argentina?

Athenea
02-26-2007, 05:51 PM
Argentina needs to get off their asses and vote him in....do they have PC's in Argentina?
Nope, we don't.
We are all busy planning our next coup d'état.
WTF is wrong w/u lately?

romain.star
02-26-2007, 05:57 PM
well if you have enjoyed the last all star game, that's ok but i really believe it would make much more sense to enjoy a Foreigners vs Americans game.
Nash, TP, Manu, Gasol, Dirk, Okur, Stojakovic and Ming.... it definitively makes sense to me

romain.star
02-26-2007, 06:00 PM
Nope, we don't.
WTF is wrong w/u lately?

arrogance my friend, arrogance...
This is the label of the forum

suitedkings
02-26-2007, 06:18 PM
It would be a fresh change, but not for the reason the OP gave.

stretch
02-26-2007, 07:40 PM

that is the stupidest idea i have ever heard.

whottt
02-26-2007, 11:22 PM
Nope, we don't.
WTF is wrong w/u lately?

Was just a joke....but now that you mention it...

2007 NBA All Star Voting(fans are eligible to vote once per day)

Manu Ginobili (SA) = 541,341 votes

Population of Argentina = 36,000,000

You tell me Ath, what is the problem? France has 62 million people and Parker's votes were even worse.

Don't get mad at me...I voted for them.

MannyIsGod
02-26-2007, 11:53 PM
:lol @ people making up plans to get Manu into the ASG and then claiming Whottt is the arrogant one.

Whats the spanish word for irony?

King
02-27-2007, 12:18 AM
I think it's more of a plan to make the ASG more interesting than a plan to get Manu into it.

aaronstampler
02-27-2007, 12:22 AM
Look I agree with the other guys. Lately it's been the case that the game itself is the most boring part of all star weekend. While changing the rule to make the winning conference get home court in the finals like baseball does would be a horrible idea, making it foreigners vs. americans would be an excellent way for all involved to care about winning again. There would be a lot of pride involved, maybe even a couple of hard fouls.

I think the reason Stern wouldn't go for it is it would look too much (with a couple of exceptions on each side) like a black vs. white thing.

E20
02-27-2007, 12:52 AM
If you want Ginobili in the ASG, just put him on a garbage team like Atlanta and he'll average like 25 PPG, that should get him in as a reserve.