PDA

View Full Version : The Astronaut Farmer

Spurminator
02-26-2007, 10:24 AM
It's better than an enema... slightly.

Anyone else waste $8 seeing this movie?

It's the heartwarming story of a poor farmer and former astronaut who inspires his children by following his dream to go into space against financial and government obstacles.

Inspired by the true story of bazillionaire Jeff Bezos (founder of Amazon.com), who is working on his own space mission (http://www.space.com/missionlaunches/070104_bezos_blueorigin_updt.html) with the approval of the FAA.

sa_butta
02-26-2007, 11:06 AM
I havent seen it yet, but found it funny in the preveiw he was asked if he was building a WMD and he replied even if I was you wouldnt find it. I take it this is DVD material if you wasted money at the theater.

Spurminator
02-26-2007, 11:16 AM
I havent seen it yet, but found it funny in the preveiw he was asked if he was building a WMD and he replied even if I was you wouldnt find it. I take it this is DVD material if you wasted money at the theater.

That was the best line in the movie, and they still killed it because of the timing... It went like

"How do we know you're not building a weapon of mass destruction?"

(Pause... Pause... Wait for it)

"Well, sir..."

(Pause)

"...because if I was building a Weapon of Mass Destruction..."

(Pause)

"...you wouldn't have found it."

It was like they knew that was the only good line in the movie so they milked it dry.

I wouldn't waste the rental money on it.

sa_butta
02-26-2007, 11:19 AM
That was the best line in the movie, and they still killed it because of the timing... It went like

"How do we know you're not building a weapon of mass destruction?"

(Pause... Pause... Wait for it)

"Well, sir..."

(Pause)

"...because if I was building a Weapon of Mass Destruction..."

(Pause)

"...you wouldn't have found it."

It was like they knew that was the only good line in the movie so they milked it dry.

I wouldn't waste the rental money on it.That sucks, but you have to be careful with Billy Bob movies his good ones are few and far between. Bad Santa is the last one that really stands out in my mind.

Stephen005
02-26-2007, 11:21 AM
Bad Santa kicked mo fo ass, wicki wicki waa

ShoogarBear
02-26-2007, 11:43 AM
Better would have been to have Billy Bob drive cross-country in a diaper.

ChumpDumper
02-26-2007, 11:58 AM
:lol @ Shoog.

I liked it better twenty years ago when it was called Salvage 1 and starred Andy Griffith. I still remember the damn theme song.

CharlieMac
02-26-2007, 02:09 PM
Haven't seen it. But on a slightly related note, I took this girl to see the Astronaut's Wife back in the late 90's. It was a horrible movie, and I didn't get any action. I also took a girl to see Patch Adams. I don't know what the fuck was wrong me in the late 90's.

ShoogarBear
02-26-2007, 04:03 PM
I have never walked out on a movie in my life, but I came close with Patch Adams.

02-26-2007, 04:20 PM
:lol @ Shoog.

I liked it better twenty years ago when it was called Salvage 1 and starred Andy Griffith. I still remember the damn theme song.

Holy crap, I remember that if it was the one about the guys who went to the moon to pick up all the stuff the Apollo landings left.

Borosai
02-27-2007, 06:21 AM
The real question is where do they have $8 enemas...that's what I really wanna know. Hook me up!