PDA

View Full Version : Breach

Fabbs
02-26-2007, 11:36 AM
Pretty good. Nothing to rush out and see but not bad if it's a 'rainy' day in Yourtown.

Chris Cooper does his signature bossy rude know it all supervisor role.
Ryan Phillippe very good as newbie but smart agent.

Ending is (spoiler below)

way too short and anticlimactic in relation to body of movie. Pace of movie is steady but slow, by the time of the climax you want to see some action and pace. Also never does show who he was trading with, not that it was a must but by that time you want to see the exchage and who he trades with come down.

AFBlue
02-26-2007, 11:39 AM
Ryan Phillippe very good as newbie but smart agent.

This was my #1 question about the movie. Why would the FBI put a newbie on the biggest case of treason in US History. Seems unlikely...

Fabbs
02-26-2007, 02:20 PM
This was my #1 question about the movie. Why would the FBI put a newbie on the biggest case of treason in US History. Seems unlikely...
I'm just taking a stab here PHAT TONY.
Apparantly the real life Robert Hanssen (played Chris Cooper) was a very crafty bastard who had already contributed to the death of many FBI/CIA agents with his double dealing. Therefore they wanted to plant a mole whom Hanssen knew nothing of. How much of that is true and how much of it is Hollywooded up, i don't know.
Spoiler below.

In fact in the movie he has Eric O'Neill (played by Ryan Phillippe) completely fooled even a month after O'Neill assigned to be Hassens *partner*. O'Neill even asks to be taken off the case, saying he thinks the CIA upper mgt has a wrong read on Hassen.