PDA

View Full Version : Sixth in a row!!!!!!!!!!!

Axl Van Dam
02-26-2007, 11:48 PM
:hungry: We just won our sixth straight. It really seems we're about to turn the corner. :hungry: :flag: :flag: :flag:

Amuseddaysleeper
02-26-2007, 11:53 PM
everybody needs to relax

VaSpursFan
02-26-2007, 11:58 PM
i'm happy with the progress we seem to be making. our wins have come against less than stellar comp but we were losing to teams of this talent level earlier this season. we're taking baby steps....i hope it continues.

SequSpur
02-27-2007, 12:00 AM
The Spurs are great until Beno or Bonner get into the game... I mean wtf? Why oh fuckin why are these mofos on the active list?

VaSpursFan
02-27-2007, 12:01 AM
The Spurs are great until Beno or Bonner get into the game... I mean wtf? Why oh fuckin why are these mofos on the active list?

:lol :lol :lol i despise beno...but the red rocket i don't mind.

supaphly119
02-27-2007, 12:02 AM
i'm all for the spurs doing a complete 180...but...

http://humanities.byu.edu/elc/student/idioms/proverbs/images/dont_count_chickens.jpg

remingtonbo2001
02-27-2007, 12:02 AM
Yes, Horry is coming out of HYBERNATION! Timmy is looking youthful as ever. Even Jacque is knocking down a jumper here and there. Almost reminiscent of the Little General. I like Vaughn's defense. I'm hopeful Finley and Barry will come aboard soon. I think we should also cut Bowen's minutes back just a hair until a couple weeks before playoff time.

johnpaulwall21
02-27-2007, 12:09 AM
the big 3 are playing their best ball at the same time, so this looks good for the sa spurs. im on the 6 game bandwaggon :hungry:

Darkwaters
02-27-2007, 01:11 AM
Regardless of whether or not the Spurs are "turning the corner" I do think that this solid win over the Raptors is a good one. The Raps have proven to be a very decent team and their key player (Bosh) was limited to very reasonable production and the team easily won.

Go Spurs Go

peskypesky
02-27-2007, 01:17 AM
and correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't it seem like Horry's come alive again with the return of the "old" ball?

jeffdrums22
02-27-2007, 01:23 AM
I have said this a million times, the Spurs are just beating who they are supposed to beat. People will say "these teams are easy though, thats why they won 6 in a row", but it was losing to these kinds of teams that started all the "Spurs are Declining" news articles and extra contribution to a falling Spurs image by NBA commentators. Spurs will beat Utah, Phoenix, and Dallas, with one game each versus those teams still remaining on the schedule. Utah, Phoenix, and Dallas are just three more teams the Spurs are supposed to beat, and beating them will come as no suprise.

Cry Havoc
02-27-2007, 01:31 AM
Did Sequ just make a non-trolling post?

I have to go find my jaw now. It dropped through the floor and into the ground.

sabar
02-27-2007, 05:00 AM
Yeah like it's been said, we were just losing to these kind of teams before the all-star break, so this is a good sign no matter how you spin it.

SenorSpur
02-27-2007, 08:39 AM
I'm not going to get excited just yet.

As I've said before, this team will have proved it's really turned he corner when they reel off at least 13+ wins in a row. The level of the upcoming competition should make that a favorable goal.

LEONARD
02-27-2007, 09:18 AM
Damn...hell of a streak!! :o

Jimcs50
02-27-2007, 09:45 AM
:rolleyes

Last night, Dallas became the 1st team in the HISTORY of the NBA to have three separate 12 game winning streaks in one season.

LEONARD
02-27-2007, 09:53 AM
:rolleyes

Last night, Dallas became the 1st team in the HISTORY of the NBA to have three separate 12 game winning streaks in one season.

I wasn't going to mention that... :lol

ArgSpursFan
02-27-2007, 09:56 AM
I wasn't going to mention that... :lol

why don´t you mention the Mavs franchise history NBA titles also?

LEONARD
02-27-2007, 10:07 AM
why don´t you mention the Mavs franchise history NBA titles also?

They have 0...happy?

What impact does that have on this season???

Several teams could sit here and scoreboard Spurs fans all day on # of titles won in franchise history, but what's the point?

Next you'll mention that I should go to a Mavs forum...lol

PMD
02-27-2007, 10:12 AM
gotta beat who youre supposed to beat...

Bruno
02-27-2007, 10:15 AM
I don't care about the winning streak, what is important is that Spurs are playing better.

MrChug
02-27-2007, 10:24 AM
I just want to see the "lapses" that they experience get shorter and shorter. I have a feeling this has to do with the new rotation and less with our opposition.

ArgSpursFan
02-27-2007, 10:36 AM
They have 0...happy?

What impact does that have on this season???

Several teams could sit here and scoreboard Spurs fans all day on # of titles won in franchise history, but what's the point?

Next you'll mention that I should go to a Mavs forum...lol

You can post anywhere you want Leonard.but a 12 wins streak in the reg.season aint gonna give you all a championship ring.you´ve got to proof it by winning it all.Period.

LEONARD
02-27-2007, 10:43 AM
You can post anywhere you want Leonard.but a 12 wins streak in the reg.season aint gonna give you all a championship ring.you´ve got to proof it by winning it all.Period.

Anybody that says the Mavs have it wrapped up is an idiot...

But, they are having a pretty special season so far...by NBA history standards...

MrChug
02-27-2007, 11:08 AM
Anybody that says the Mavs have it wrapped up is an idiot...

But, they are having a pretty special season so far...by NBA history standards...

Only poster "Dirk Nowitski" has said that. Check ya boy Leonard. ;)

LEONARD
02-27-2007, 11:20 AM
Only poster "Dirk Nowitski" has said that. Check ya boy Leonard. ;)

ST poster "Dirk Nowitski" is usually doing a bit... ;)

He's certainly not "my boy"

Rummpd
02-27-2007, 11:23 AM
Dallas is very tough this year but in my mind this could be the year for the repeat feared 1-8 seed wipeout ala Seattle and Denver (but worse because it would be a 7 game flameout)!

bdictjames
02-27-2007, 11:29 AM
Just want us to be rolling on all cylinders come playoff time. Spurs vs Mavs is gonna be a tougher one.

bulletedge
02-27-2007, 12:01 PM
Sixth in a row?????

According to most of the Spurs posters on here regular season wins are meaningless...ooops, sorry, I forgot that only applies to Mavs wins

LEONARD
02-27-2007, 12:08 PM
Sixth in a row?????

According to most of the Spurs posters on here regular season wins are meaningless...ooops, sorry, I forgot that only applies to Mavs wins

Yep, they use it...

If the regular season doesn't matter, why are there any posts here before April?? ;)

steppy
02-27-2007, 12:12 PM
Damn, I wonder if Mavs fans realize that they could be looking at back-2-back titles if their team hadn't choked last year? That must suck.

Clutch20
02-27-2007, 12:21 PM
Sixth in a row?????

Hey, were there 6 distractions in a row for MavLander's last night?
Here are some quotes.

(Remember now, early season talk and comparisons + peaking too early + tired legs = bad pacing and unrealistic goal setting!)

The only bad news for the Mavericks came in the fourth quarter when Josh Howard sprained his right ankle. He finished with 20 points.

Howard was helped off the court with 6:11 to play after he took a jumper and landed on the foot of Atlanta's Joe Johnson. X-rays were negative and Howard made the trip to Minnesota where the Mavericks meet the Timberwolves on Tuesday night. Howard, who's been playing on a sore right ankle sustained under similar circumstances in a game last week against the Miami Heat, is listed as day-to-day.

"Hopefully he should be OK," Mavericks coach Avery Johnson said.

Reserve Jerry Stackhouse, playing extended minutes with starting guard Greg Buckner out with a bruised left knee, contributed 19 points and a season-high nine assists for the Mavericks.

"Dallas is good, they try to do things the right way," Atlanta coach Mike Woodson said. "They have so many weapons, it's like, pick your poison out there."

Also out for the Mavericks was swingman Devean George, recovering from a sprained ligament in his right knee.

Dallas had only eight players with 10 minutes or more, and the Mavericks needed their reserves to grind out the victory.

"We shouldn't have anybody out there who's tired when you're winning and having the success we are," Stackhouse said. "When Chicago was on its great runs, they didn't know it was cold outside. That's how we feel right now. We can't wait 'til the next game."

bulletedge
02-27-2007, 12:30 PM
[/QUOTE]Damn, I wonder if Mavs fans realize that they could be looking at back-2-back titles if their team hadn't choked last year? That must suck.

Yep, we realize it...and it DOES suck. But maybe not as badly as it sucked to be a Spurs fan and watch them lose last year to the Mavs...especially when there were probably only one or two Spurs fans in the whole world who thought Dallas could beat their mighty team...at home, no less.

Axl Van Dam
02-27-2007, 05:37 PM
Sixth in a row?????

:rolleyes Someone's getting nervous......... :rolleyes