02-26-2007, 11:50 PM
yep

ponky
02-26-2007, 11:51 PM
just now? ouch! glad i don't have it tuned into that game

Flight3107
02-26-2007, 11:59 PM
just now? ouch! glad i don't have it tuned into that game

Yeah, he went up for a layup and came down and his leg went sideways almost Joe Namath style.

ponky
02-27-2007, 12:01 AM
Yeah, he went up for a layup and came down and his leg went sideways almost Joe Namath style.

ugh, gross. poor kid, he's not having the best season and now he's probably not having a season at all

Sacramental
02-27-2007, 12:05 AM
:ttiwwp:

THE SIXTH MAN
02-27-2007, 12:17 AM
Damn that sucks.

Horry For 3!
02-27-2007, 12:21 AM
They just showed it on ESPN, not good.

cornbread
02-27-2007, 12:23 AM

Damn it, I'm trying to eat over here!

Fillmoe
02-27-2007, 12:30 AM
damn....... i had high hopes for dude too....

Vinnie_Johnson
02-27-2007, 12:34 AM
He just needs to rub some dirt on it and walk it off.

missmyzte
02-27-2007, 12:58 AM
:ttiwwp:
Be careful what you ask for ...

http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.php?content=video&url=http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/nba/nbacom/recaps/recap_849_chalac.asx

missmyzte
02-27-2007, 01:00 AM
They just showed it on ESPN, not good.
They wouldn't even show it on my news here in LA, said it was too graphic to show. Someone posted the link to NBA.com's video of it on CL and now I see why my news wouldn't show it. That was sick.

Sacramental
02-27-2007, 01:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pk7_-FIlTw

this is disturbing...you have been warned...

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/e1/fullj.getty-71797624hh001_charlotte_bob_12_31_01_am.jpg

atxrocker
02-27-2007, 01:04 AM
i guess he didn't embarrass mav fans enough for them to turn this into a multi page he deserved it thread.

Sacramental
02-27-2007, 01:06 AM
rub some dirt on it? wtf..

Kori Ellis
I almost threw up from that picture. I don't want to see the video.

missmyzte
i guess he didn't embarrass mav fans enough for them to turn this into a multi page he deserved it thread.
Mavs? They're playing Charlotte

atxrocker
02-27-2007, 01:07 AM
Mavs? They're playing Charlotte

i was referencing the wade injury thread where they all rejoiced and high fived eachother.

rayray2k8
02-27-2007, 01:07 AM
I've had something like that happen to me before..
My damn legged tingled when I saw that this.

dirk4mvp
02-27-2007, 01:08 AM

Did it ever come to your mind that you're a dumbass?

atxrocker
02-27-2007, 01:08 AM
sucks for livingston. such a young buck. how long do these things usually take to recover from?

timvp
02-27-2007, 01:12 AM
Damn, that video is disgusting.

sucks for livingston. such a young buck. how long do these things usually take to recover from?

Good question. I've never seen a dislocated knee like that in the NBA.

Horry For 3!
02-27-2007, 01:12 AM
His rookie year, he dislocated his right knee and missed 39 games.

Horry For 3!
02-27-2007, 01:14 AM
It is easy to say that Livingston is done for the season.

Kori Ellis
02-27-2007, 01:15 AM
His rookie year, he dislocated his right knee and missed 39 games.

I'm not sure if this is the same severity as that time. In his rookie year, I think he just dislocated his kneecap; I don't think he separated his ligaments from it -- this looks much worse than that time.

Horry For 3!
02-27-2007, 01:19 AM
I'm not sure if this is the same severity as that time. In his rookie year, I think he just dislocated his kneecap; I don't think he separated his ligaments from it -- this looks much worse than that time.
Yeah but I was just making a point saying, he had a dislocation of the knee and missed 39 games.

His entire knee was dislocated tonight.

timvp
02-27-2007, 01:19 AM
For you to fully dislocate your knee, you have to pretty much fully tear every ligament in there. The closest I've seen to this was what happened to Antonio McDyess ... and it took Dice years to come back and be 50% of what he used to be.

Horry For 3!
02-27-2007, 01:21 AM
For you to fully dislocate your knee, you have to pretty much fully tear every ligament in there. The closest I've seen to this was what happened to Antonio McDyess ... and it took Dice years to come back and be 50% of what he used to be.
Livingston has already been injury prone every year since he has been in the NBA, this just adds a lot more to it.

Fillmoe
02-27-2007, 01:23 AM
i got the gif.... pm me if yall want to see it..... shits just gonna get taken down if i post

Horry For 3!
02-27-2007, 01:26 AM
i got the gif.... pm me if yall want to see it..... shits just gonna get taken down if i post
Why would anyone want to see the gif when there is youtube and nba.com

Sacramental
02-27-2007, 01:28 AM
i got the gif.... pm me if yall want to see it.....

why? :rolleyes

StylisticS
02-27-2007, 01:35 AM
Whoa.........that is a very very bad. I have never seen this happen in basketball. I seen it in football, but not bball.

SScarrJ
02-27-2007, 02:05 AM
I had this injury happen to me in 03 when spurs won their 2nd title. Thought i would go out and hoop before game 5 vs Dallas and i went to tight rope the sidelines trying to save a ball and my knee just buckled. I ended up breaking my ankle at the same exact time too so it was fun and games all around. Whats funny is my knee hurt so bad that i had no clue my ankle was even broken till the Dr noticed how swollen it looked.

THE SIXTH MAN
02-27-2007, 02:28 AM
I hope he has a speedy recovery. I wouldn't wish that kind of injury on nobody.

Sacramental
02-27-2007, 02:54 AM
lol i dont know bout you but i sure as hell cant picture a "speedy recovery" from something like that.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-27-2007, 02:56 AM
I almost threw up from that picture. I don't want to see the video.

I don't normally get sickened by graphic stuff, but that did it to me.

And ESPN should probably give the "warning" more than one second before they show it.

T Park
02-27-2007, 02:57 AM
Preety much safe to say, he will never be the same player.

He will be lucky to be a contributing bench player from now on.

THE SIXTH MAN
02-27-2007, 02:58 AM
lol i dont know bout you but i sure as hell cant picture a "speedy recovery" from something like that.
Big difference from saying he's going to have one, to hoping he has one. Stop and think about that for a sec.

jmard5
02-27-2007, 03:06 AM
Did you see Shaun's face while being carried away? Just stoic. He must be really trying hard not to mind the pain.

whottt
02-27-2007, 03:32 AM
For the record...that injury happens to me about 2-3 times per year in my right knee. Not usually as severe as that one, but I've had a worse one than that one...once. It happens to you when you have loose patella tendons/kneecaps and the knee cap doesn't always want to align in the bone slot.

First time it happened to me I was rock climbing at REI and was at the top of the wall....it was a very special 30th birthday present from mother nature.

Second time was when a snake came up on my right and I swiped at it with a walking stick...

The only time it's torn a ligament was once when I was snow sking...that ski boot kept any part of my lower leg from flexing and my leg just folded in at the knee when I stepped on some snow.

I laid there crying and screaming in the snow for a couple of minutes then fixed it myself...I got no surgery and just let it heal, but I know I tore at least one ligament because I had a limp for 5 months after that happened.

It's also the reason I don't play basketball of any kind....

The feeling you get when it happens is much more sickening than the actual pain and it's something that you become very aware of happening just out of the blue. Seeing your knee just collapse in like that, feeling it, it's a feeling that never leaves you once you get it.

He might have seriously injured his knee and permanently damaged it...but I'm betting it looks a lot worse than it actually is, physicially...

Mentally? That sickening feeling is going to stay with him for a bit, he'll probably start to be really comforted by the idea of a knee brace.

whottt
02-27-2007, 03:49 AM
From a website:

Dislocated kneecap and meniscus
What is a dislocated kneecap and meniscus injury?

The kneecap (patella) is the bone that protects the knee joint. It rides in a groove at the lower end of the thigh bone (femur) and is held in place by muscles and tendons. A blow or sudden twist can dislocate the kneecap, causing it to move to the outer side of the leg.

The meniscus is a wedge of cartilage in a joint. There are two of them in the knee joint. They cushion and lubricate the joint and reduce friction during movement. The lateral meniscus is on the outer side of the knee and the medial meniscus on the inside. Twisting or over-extending the knee can cause a meniscus to tear.

What causes a dislocated kneecap and meniscus injury and who is at risk?

Dislocation of the knee cap is often caused by sports injuries or overstrenuous exercise. For example, a sudden change of direction when running, a sharp blow (such as a kick) or a fall may all dislocate the kneecap.

Although women are more prone to dislocated kneecaps than men, defective thigh bones, weak leg muscles or tendons and knock knees make dislocation more likely in both sexes.

Once the kneecap has been dislocated, it may happen again fairly regularly. Although subsequent dislocations may cause less immediate severe pain and swelling, they may cause chronic pain over a long period.

Twisting or over-extending the knee can cause a meniscus to tear, resulting in pain, swelling and restricted movement. A torn medial meniscus is more common than a torn lateral meniscus.

A torn meniscus is a fairly common sports injury. It is likely to happen when the knee is turned while partly or completely bent (by turning while rising from a squatting position, for example).

What are the common symptoms and complications of a dislocated kneecap and meniscus injury?

A dislocation causes considerable pain and tenderness, especially on the inner side of the joint. You will be unable to straighten the leg.

In some cases of meniscus injury, a distinctive popping sound may be heard when the injury takes place. You may also feel something snap inside your knee.

Swelling may develop several hours after a meniscus injury. There is often a build-up of fluid in the joint aggravating the swelling. There may be pain that gets worse when pressure is put on the area.

You may notice a 'catch' in the knee when walking, as though the bones are rubbing against each other.

That describes to a t what happened to me in the snow with hearing and feeling a pop....fucking meniscus...still relatively minor, but you do start to notice that something is fucking with your knee cartilage.

And like that article says...once it happens? It seems like it starts to happen more and more.

I don't agree that it gets less painful with each time...the worst one for me happened 3 years after the first one.

In any case...I doubt it's a career ender for Livingston, at least physically, but it is something that might affect his confidence...then just as soon as he forgets about it...boom.

It takes huge balls to be a basketball player with that problem IMO, I'd rather water ski on a knee like that than play basketball, millions or not...Livingston has my respect for the rest of his playing career.

timvp
02-27-2007, 04:20 AM
What you posted has to do with a dislocated kneecap. Livingston dislocated his freakin' knee. A dislocated kneecap is pretty common and isn't that horrible of an injury.

An entirely dislocated knee? I've never seen it this severe on a basketball court.

atxrocker
02-27-2007, 04:33 AM
An entirely dislocated knee? I've never seen it this severe on a basketball court.

seriously, that's a legit take. like fillmoe, i had big hopes for the kid.

Kori Ellis
02-27-2007, 04:45 AM
He's having an anteriogram (injecting dye into the arteries) to see if he has any artery/nerve damage and also an MRI to see about his ligaments, etc. Hopefully it just looked a lot worse than it is.

Kori Ellis
02-27-2007, 04:51 AM
Hopefully it's not close to this bad:

Napolean McCallum

Anyone who watched the Monday Night Football season opener on Sept. 5, 1994 between the Los Angeles Raiders and the San Francisco 49ers at Candlestick Park remembers. 49ers linebacker Ken Norton Jr. tackled McCallum and in the pileup McCallum dislocated his knee, tearing three ligaments, ripping his calf and hamstring muscles from the bone, and incurring nerve and artery damage.

In surgery, doctors were concerned that if the operation did not go well, his leg could have to be amputated. In the end, McCallum endured six surgeries, including two knee reconstructions.

whottt
02-27-2007, 05:16 AM
What you posted has to do with a dislocated kneecap. Livingston dislocated his freakin' knee. A dislocated kneecap is pretty common and isn't that horrible of an injury.

Maybe but what happens to me is pretty horrible...to me a dislocated knee cap is like hyperextending it...just where the knee cap pop out of it's groove.

That's not what happens to me...what happens to me happens because the knee cap pops out of it's groove...Knee folding in. And when it happened to me with a ski boot on it locked to the side and I had to move it forward to straighten it. And fuck yes when you are on the middle of a ski slope and no one is helping you you will do it to get the fuck out of there.

I looked up dislocated knee and it sounds like what happens to me...but I've never gotten it checked for any nerve damage. But after that ski slope my knee was blue and I limped on it for 5 months.

Me either...but to me basketball is the absolute last game you want to play with a bad knee like that. Just because of the herky jerkiness of the game.

whottt
02-27-2007, 05:32 AM
You know after watching that again...it's not just that he dislocated his knee, it's that he landed on it hard after he dislocated it and then rolled over on it and spun it sideways...

His knee didn't just bend in and dislocate at the knee, it dislocated at the knee and then rolled around on it's side.

The worst part of what happened to him happened after he hit the ground IMO.

Looking at that again...I will be kind of amazed if he didn't just tear everything in his knee apart when he landed on it and rolled over after it was dislocated....

Poor kid....my guess is that the reason he looked so calm going off is because he was partially in shock.

SScarrJ
02-27-2007, 08:15 AM
From a website:

And like that article says...once it happens? It seems like it starts to happen more and more.

I don't agree that it gets less painful with each time...the worst one for me happened 3 years after the first one.

In any case...I doubt it's a career ender for Livingston, at least physically, but it is something that might affect his confidence...then just as soon as he forgets about it...boom.

It takes huge balls to be a basketball player with that problem IMO, I'd rather water ski on a knee like that than play basketball, millions or not...Livingston has my respect for the rest of his playing career.

See i've had it happen 4 times after the first time I did it and they are painful but never had one as bad as the first. Then again I always wear a brace or sleeve when i hoop so that probibly helps a great deal

RonMexico
02-27-2007, 08:44 AM
Just when you think the Clips' season can't get any more awful...

nkdlunch
02-27-2007, 10:49 AM
It doesn't look that bad to me. The kid has legs too skinny, I think that's caused it. But the worst thing is the psychological damage, he'll be afraid to drive the ball now. too bad hopefully he'll recover

nkdlunch
02-27-2007, 10:51 AM
BTW, besides Livingston, I also get very scared when I watch Tayshawn Prince play. I feel, he will get an ugly injury anytime :0

Purple & Gold
02-27-2007, 11:33 AM
Yeah damn that looked NASTY. Poor guy hopefully he has a full recovery.

VaSpursFan
02-27-2007, 11:34 AM
man...i feel for livingston. that was grotesque. i hope he bounces back but it looks like he tore all sort of ligaments and stuff.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-27-2007, 12:53 PM
Hopefully things turn out better for Livingston than they did the last major "athlete" to suffer a grotesque leg injury.

cheguevara
02-27-2007, 03:01 PM
He took it like a man.

If that had happened to Wade, he would have literally shit his pants!

Fillmoe
02-27-2007, 03:04 PM
i find it funny how much hate wade gets on these forums..... yall crack me up......

hater
02-27-2007, 03:16 PM
Wade would have required an ambulance to come into the court and a team of paramedics and a pacifier.

Mixability
02-27-2007, 03:19 PM
i find it funny how much hate wade gets on these forums..... yall crack me up......

well they ARE Mavs fans.

Even when the Spurs were the Lakers bitches, I never wished shit on Kobe or Shaq. I'd rather have the Spurs beat a team at full strength, then to beat them like taking on a team of retarded kids.

dirk4mvp
02-27-2007, 04:31 PM
well they ARE Mavs fans.

A few posts up I see a Spur fan talking shit on Wade. What's your point?

Mixability
02-27-2007, 04:36 PM
A few posts up I see a Spur fan talking shit on Wade. What's your point?

one post > a whole thread?

wow.

1 Spur fan's post does probably have more substance than 100 Mav fan's posts, but cmon, a whole bunch of Mavs fans were saying he deserved it. Get over it.

dirk4mvp
02-27-2007, 04:38 PM
You act as if Mavs fans are the only fans who give Wade shit.

ponky
02-27-2007, 04:39 PM
one post > a whole thread?

wow.

1 Spur fan's post does probably have more substance than 100 Mav fan's posts, but cmon, a whole bunch of Mavs fans were saying he deserved it. Get over it.

that was fucking hilarious...fillmoe comes in here makes a comment after two spurs fans makes some comments about wade and then you post some stupid shit in response to fillmoe's post about how they ARE mavs fans :lmao :lmao :lmao

Mixability
02-27-2007, 04:43 PM
that was fucking hilarious...fillmoe comes in here makes a comment after two spurs fans makes some comments about wade and then you post some stupid shit in response to fillmoe's post about how they ARE mavs fans :lmao :lmao :lmao

I moreso referring to that entire thread that Mavs fans said Wade deserved his injury. Remember that?

ponky
02-27-2007, 04:45 PM
I moreso referring to that entire thread that Mavs fans said Wade deserved his injury. Remember that?

no, you were just being reactionary about mavs fans

actually, those idiots making fun of wade included a mix of fans from various teams, mavs, pistons, spurs included...it wasn't all us mavs fans, some of us were saying it was terrible and certain morons were just regurgitating the same old shit about why wade deserved to be injured making it seem like lots....guess they fooled you :rolleyes

Mixability
02-27-2007, 04:49 PM
no, you were just being reactionary about mavs fans

actually, those idiots making fun of wade included a mix of fans from various teams, mavs, pistons, spurs included...it wasn't all us mavs fans, some of us were saying it was terrible and certain morons were just regurgitating the same old shit about why wade deserved to be injured making it seem like lots....guess they fooled you :rolleyes

I'm sure the Mavs fans have a little more hate for the guy, right? Guilt by association, i guess. Ah, well, I guess I can feel better about Manu taking Dirk out in the 05 WCF. :tu

Bruno
02-27-2007, 05:00 PM
I wish him good luck.

Livingston looks more and more like the PG version of Jonathan Bender : very talented, oversized for his position, drafted with a very high pick straigth from HS and a skinny body that wasn't nba ready with as result tons of injuries.

The minimum age rule for the nba draft is maybe a good thing after all because it protects this kind of players.

mavsfan1000
02-27-2007, 05:22 PM
Wow that looked painful. Did he bring a wheelchair and stretcher to take him out? lol

JMarkJohns
02-27-2007, 06:40 PM
Anyone heard the rumors that he did infact tear his MCL, ACL and Achillis? I've read it on another board from a credable source out of the LA area.

dallaskd
02-27-2007, 06:42 PM
ouch. sucks. clippers are making a playoff push it really must hurt now.

timvp
02-27-2007, 06:59 PM
The most important thing for Livingston right now is to make sure that he didn't damage an artery in his leg. If he did, he could lose the ability to walk ... much less play basketball again.

P-O-Z
02-27-2007, 07:12 PM
Yup every fucking day someone mentions wade's name on here

P-O-Z
02-27-2007, 07:14 PM
Wade would have required an ambulance to come into the court and a team of paramedics and a pacifier.
no wonder they call you hater. Fuckin Retard

lurker
02-27-2007, 07:14 PM
LOS ANGELES (AP) -Clippers point guard Shaun Livingston tore major ligaments in his left knee while driving to the basket against Charlotte, the team said Tuesday.

Livingston had an MRI exam which revealed tears in the anterior cruciate ligament, posterior cruciate ligament, medial collateral ligament and lateral meniscus.

He also dislocated his patella, in addition to the previously diagnosed dislocation of his tibia-femoral.

whottt
02-27-2007, 07:24 PM
LOS ANGELES (AP) -Clippers point guard Shaun Livingston tore major ligaments in his left knee while driving to the basket against Charlotte, the team said Tuesday.

Livingston had an MRI exam which revealed tears in the anterior cruciate ligament, posterior cruciate ligament, medial collateral ligament and lateral meniscus.

He also dislocated his patella, in addition to the previously diagnosed dislocation of his tibia-femoral.

He's screwed tearing all those ligaments. Put it this way...if he makes it back to the NBA he won't be playing PG any more.

timvp
02-27-2007, 07:45 PM
If this happened five years ago, he'd be 100% done. But in the last couple years, strides have been made to the point that Livingston might be able to make it back one day.

If I'm the Clippers, you have him sit out the rest of this season and all of next season. He's still young so having a goal of opening night of 2008-09 is the smart way to go.

samikeyp
02-27-2007, 07:51 PM
Oh man...:depressed

I feel sorry for that kid....I know that medical science is better and better but if he can come back for even a minute to the NBA...God Bless him.

Kori Ellis
02-27-2007, 07:51 PM
Wow. That's a lot of tears. Now I'll be surprised if he doesn't have artery/nerve damage. :( Poor guy.

Phil Hellmuth
02-27-2007, 08:36 PM
clippers are cursed.

Fillmoe
02-27-2007, 08:45 PM
damn man........ i feel for dude...... i hope some way he makes it back

missmyzte
02-27-2007, 09:28 PM
Confirming their worst fears, the Clippers learned today that point Shaun Livingston has suffered potentially career-threatening knee damage and could be sidelined at least a year after he has extensive knee surgery.

An MRI exam today revealed that Livingston suffered tears of three of the four major ligaments that support the knee. He tore the anterior cruciate, posterior cruciate and medial collateral ligaments. Livingston also tore his lateral meniscus and a dislocation of his patella.

Livingston will undergo surgery once the swelling in his knee decreases. He is not expected to begin any basketball-related training for at least one year after the surgery.
Livingston, 21, suffered the injury while landing awkwardly in the first quarter of Monday's 100-93 victory over the Charlotte Bobcats at the Staples Center.

The third year player was rushed to Centinela Freeman Regional Medical Center in Inglewood.

The Clippers are expected to sign another point guard to take Livingston's spot on the roster. The team is considering former NBA players and players from the development league.

The Clippers have 26 games remaining and are fighting for the last playoff spot in the Western Conference.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/la-spw-livingston27feb28,1,1336371.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-nba

L.I.T
02-27-2007, 09:34 PM
Jesus, that's a freak accident. Poor guy. I've only heard about NFL players tearing up their knee like that...and the recovery time (if at all) is measure in years, not months. Clips are cursed.

P-O-Z
02-27-2007, 09:49 PM
That shit was so bad it made me wanna scream

JMarkJohns
02-27-2007, 10:43 PM
Did anyone see/hear Legler try and pass off his ACL injury as a similar injury to Livingston's? Yeah, if by similar you mean four other seperate injuries short :rolleyes

Silly. Just silly...

sabar
02-27-2007, 11:17 PM
ESPN clip:

Daly will solicit various medical opinions over the next two weeks, after which Livingston will have arthroscopic surgery, the doctor said. It wasn't yet decided if all three ligaments would be repaired at once.

Daly said Livingston did not tear an artery or damage any of the nerves in his knee, which can be serious complications.

"If everything goes well, he could be back playing as soon as eight months," Daly said. "My nature is to be conservative. I've seen people who've had this done by other people and it hasn't worked out."

Livingston, a three-year veteran who was drafted by the Clippers out of high school, has been hampered by injuries and has yet to play a full season in the NBA.

He sat out two games in January with a sprained right ankle. He missed 39 games during his rookie season because of a dislocated right knee, and another 12 that season because of torn cartilage in his right shoulder. Last season he sat out the first 21 games with a stress reaction in his lower back.

Livingston, who has been sharing point guard duties with Sam Cassell, was averaging 9.5 points and 5.2 assists.

JMarkJohns
02-27-2007, 11:19 PM
That's good news. That at least provided a glimpse of light at the end of his indefinate tunnel.

RonMexico
02-27-2007, 11:22 PM
It doesn't look that bad to me. The kid has legs too skinny, I think that's caused it. But the worst thing is the psychological damage, he'll be afraid to drive the ball now. too bad hopefully he'll recover

You mean, hopefully it will benefit his pysche and not make him try to look so cool with spread eagle legs when he drives for an uncontested layup. Kind of like Tony Allen - two quasi-showboating injuries should send a message to a few young players.

Also, a lot of people are sitting here talking about the Clips' playoff push this season.... what about their long-term future? They had a lot of stock put into this kid and this is a TERRIBLE injury that he will take a long time to recover from, if ever.

TDMVPDPOY
02-28-2007, 12:02 AM
LIVINGSTON = JONATHON BENDER

at least the clippers didnt get robbed here :D like the pacers with bender signin a huge deal

timvp
02-28-2007, 12:06 AM
You mean, hopefully it will benefit his pysche and not make him try to look so cool with spread eagle legs when he drives for an uncontested layup. Kind of like Tony Allen - two quasi-showboating injuries should send a message to a few young players.

That might be the stupidest take in the history of the internets. Quasi-showboating? He was just going up for a layup.

Hopefully you've never touched a basketball before and are just talking out of your azz.

Kori Ellis
02-28-2007, 12:06 AM
Daly said Livingston did not tear an artery or damage any of the nerves in his knee, which can be serious complications.

Well that's good. People who have gotten artery damage from such injuries have ended up with amputations :( So at least he should be able to okay on that front and walk normally, etc.

Hopefully he gets extremely good rehab and will be back on the court in a couple years.

JMarkJohns
02-28-2007, 12:12 AM
Kori, with the NBA and Youtube coming to an agreement on content, could video or even simply a pic be posted on the topic? If not, it's understood.

timvp
02-28-2007, 12:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pk7_-FIlTw

this is disturbing...you have been warned...

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/e1/fullj.getty-71797624hh001_charlotte_bob_12_31_01_am.jpg

Post 15.

mardigan
02-28-2007, 10:37 AM
pdated: Feb. 27, 2007, 9:35 PM ET
Livingston out for season with major knee injury
Associated Press

LOS ANGELES -- Clippers point guard Shaun Livingston will be out 8-to-12 months after tearing three of the four ligaments in his left knee while driving to the basket against Charlott

2007 SEASON STATISTICS
GM PPG RPG APG FG% FT%
54 9.3 3.4 5.1 .463 .707

"It's probably the most serious injury you can have to the knee," Clippers physician Dr. Tony Daly said Tuesday. "He might miss all of next year."

Livingston had an MRI exam Tuesday which revealed tears in the anterior cruciate ligament, posterior cruciate ligament, medial collateral ligament and lateral meniscus.

He also dislocated his patella, besides the previously diagnosed dislocation of his tibia-femoral. As a rookie in 2004, he dislocated his right knee.

Livingston was driving to the basket on a fast break Monday night, went up for a layup, and his left knee contorted as he collapsed in pain. A team doctor had to pop his knee back into place to alleviate the pain.

"He came down on the leg without any contact with anybody. It's a freak accident, that's for sure," said Daly, who has rarely seen anything similar in 24 years of practice.

He said the injury is more commonly associated with contact sports such as football and rugby.

Daly will solicit various medical opinions over the next two weeks, after which Livingston will have arthroscopic surgery, the doctor said. It wasn't yet decided if all three ligaments would be repaired at once.

"If everything goes well, he could be back playing as soon as eight months," Daly said. "My nature is to be conservative. I've seen people who've had this done by other people and it hasn't worked out."

Livingston, a three-year veteran who was drafted by the Clippers out of high school, has been hampered by injuries and has yet to play a full season in the NBA.

He sat out two games in January with a sprained right ankle. He missed 39 games during his rookie season because of a dislocated right knee, and another 12 that season because of torn cartilage in his right shoulder. Last season he sat out the first 21 games with a stress reaction in his lower back.

Livingston, who has been sharing point guard duties with Sam Cassell, was averaging 9.5 points and 5.2 assists.

Copyright 2007

infinite styles
02-28-2007, 10:51 AM
That video made me sick. I feel sorry for him. Hopefully with the advancements in medical procedures and with his youth he will be able to return and be a productive player.

On a side note...Beno/Barry for Maggette would be more tempting to the Clips if the deadline hadn't passed already.

LEONARD
02-28-2007, 10:53 AM
Career ender...

batman2883
02-28-2007, 10:55 AM
6 months at the least thats exactly what happened to my knee

sa_butta
02-28-2007, 06:17 PM
That is some crazy shit right there. Did he ever go back to college, or does he have anything to fall back on in case he cant come back? Horrible thing to happen to anybody.

mardigan
02-28-2007, 07:35 PM
He can fall back on the millions he has earned and is guaranteed

Celtic Pride
02-28-2007, 10:01 PM
clippers are cursed.

I feel for the guy also. I blame the curse on D-Whistle, because Livingston is in the same commercial with Whistle guarding him. That is a big coincidence.

Holmes_Fans
03-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Anyone have a working video of this? Everything on youtube has been ripped off by the nba.

MrChug
03-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Wow...I've seen some really nasty things upclose. But I actually verped in my mouth the second I saw that. Am I the only one that hates watching injury clips BECAUSE I've had an injury? This sucks...

Mixability
03-02-2007, 04:32 PM
6 months at the least thats exactly what happened to my knee

cmon, seriously? :dramaquee

RonMexico
03-02-2007, 04:35 PM
That might be the stupidest take in the history of the internets. Quasi-showboating? He was just going up for a layup.

Hopefully you've never touched a basketball before and are just talking out of your azz.

No, you're an idiot who obviously doesn't watch Shaun Livingston play at all or even with an objective outlook. Nice job fucking up another thread with your "moderating."

Watch it in slow motion - he's trying to look cool (as he usually does) and fucks his leg up by landing at a wrong angle. I'm sure you'll say Tony Allen was "just finishing a play" that had been whistled dead at the 3-point line.

Mixability
03-02-2007, 04:38 PM
No, you're an idiot who obviously doesn't watch Shaun Livingston play at all or even with an objective outlook. Nice job fucking up another thread with your "moderating."

Watch it in slow motion - he's trying to look cool (as he usually does) and fucks his leg up by landing at a wrong angle. I'm sure you'll say Tony Allen was "just finishing a play" that had been whistled dead at the 3-point line.

Leave Mr. Kori alone. :depressed

RonMexico
03-02-2007, 04:41 PM
Leave Mr. Kori alone. :depressed

It's hard when he's actually never picked up a basketball before

mardigan
03-02-2007, 04:43 PM
It was directed at Timvp, not Kori. And their is no way that that was showboating. Even if it was, no one would ever expect their knee to react like that. I have never seen anything like that. I blew my knee out between my junior and senior year during football workouts, and it was just a freak thing, just planted wrong. I usually like Mexicos posts but to think that he was showboating is pretty far fetched

Kori Ellis
03-02-2007, 04:53 PM

That's pretty weak.

I didn't see anything Livingston did wrong and even if he was acting a little extra flashy, so what. He didn't do anything crazy that anyone would expect such a horrendous injury.

As for Tony Allen, he did the same crap that players do all the time after the whistle. After a lot of whistles, players will take a jumpshot or go in for a layup or whatever. It doesn't mean they deserve to get hurt because they are "showboating" in your book.

And please get rid of the frickin attitude toward "moderating".

RonMexico
03-02-2007, 05:17 PM
This is the first time I've had an attitude to moderating. I just think timvp is quite short-sighted at times even if he is an implicit leader on this board. I've usually been very deferential to the moderators, but there's a point where you call me out without even even looking at it from my perpsective; he's done this a lot of times and quite frankly, I was getting a little sick of the attitude. I'm pretty sure he responded to my comments in the Tony Allen thread with a little disdain that I felt was unwarranted.

Also, just because Tony Allen did "what a lot of NBA players do" doesn't mean they should do that... and that was my point - two freak injuries from poor decisions might make a couple of guys think twice before they do it the next time.

Watch a slow motion replay of Livingston's layup and you'll see him try to put a little extra unnecessary flash a split-second before his leg plants awkwardly. I'm not making this up - I want players to stop doing this to themselves. I'm not saying I "expect" that injury as you state, but I'm merely pointing out two examples of young guys who tried to put a little "extra flash" and it really cost them.

Everyone when they're young thinks they're invincible which is why car insurance drops as people get older and/or get married. Why is ok to call Jay Williams an idiot just because his showboating occurred off the court on a motorcycle but not guys who simply "do what lots of guys already do on the court"? I don't think they "deserve" it because I want these guys to succeed, but I'm going to speak out about it because it pisses me off a lot.

Just because lots of NFL players probably "make it rain" at strip clubs, does that mean it's ok for Pacman Jones to do it? I'm not saying the NBA should start calling techs for trying to dunk a ball in an obvious dead-ball situation, but the players need to think about their own safety. There was a point in hockey where wearing a helmet made you a "wuss" because "nobody was doing it." I'm pretty sure everyone can agree now that league-mandated helmets in the NHL aren't idiotic.

(Oh, and timvp, I used to run for a layup or shoot a jumper all the time when I was in high school after my coach or an official blew the whistle; my coach made me run at least 10 suicides every time I did it. Let me tell you, I stopped that really quickly. Also, throughout college, I officiated high school and jr. high games in the state of Texas and one of the big enforcements was that we give a delay of game warning whenever a kid would shoot a ball or the like. The reason was two-fold - #1, it slowed the game down a lot (esp. when you have a 7th grade A and then B game right after it); obviously that's why it's called a "delay of game" in the rule book and #2, a lot of these old officials didn't want to be chasing the ball down from some kid's missed shot when they're already killing themselves running up and down the court. At the high school level, they're really trying to crack down on some of these tendencies and nip them in the bud very quickly because these kids are emulating their NBA idols - kind of like I was when I would take 3 pointers in dead ball situations. It's a combination of helping provide them with a disciplined environment when they don't always have it in the home, and therefore, hoping sports will make a positive impact in the maturity, growth and future lives of the 99% of kids who won't make it to the NBA.)

RonMexico
03-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Just want to say I'm sorry for pulling out the "moderating" card on timvp, but I don't like being talked down to, no matter who it is.

mardigan
03-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Because when you get hurt on the court, you are getting hurt doing your job, where players like Williams and Kellen Winslow Jr, and even Radmonovic got hurt doing things off the court, being completely unresponsible

RonMexico
03-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Because when you get hurt on the court, you are getting hurt doing your job, where players like Williams and Kellen Winslow Jr, and even Radmonovic got hurt doing things off the court, being completely unresponsible

See, but D-Wade got hurt trying to play defense... these guys got hurt by trying to put on a "show." Find me in their contracts where it states to do that.

mardigan
03-02-2007, 05:46 PM
See, but D-Wade got hurt trying to play defense... these guys got hurt by trying to put on a "show." Find me in their contracts where it states to do that.
We both know that it doesnt saying anything like that in contracts, but we also know that if you dont put on a show the fans will not have the same amount of fun, wont spend as much money on jerseys and things of that sort. The more entertaining you are during a game, the more fans you and your team gets. I see your point that the after the whistle plays need to stop, but you cant blame a guy for trying to get a rise out of the crowd

RonMexico
03-02-2007, 05:57 PM
We both know that it doesnt saying anything like that in contracts, but we also know that if you dont put on a show the fans will not have the same amount of fun, wont spend as much money on jerseys and things of that sort. The more entertaining you are during a game, the more fans you and your team gets. I see your point that the after the whistle plays need to stop, but you cant blame a guy for trying to get a rise out of the crowd

I know - I'm not blaming them... I'm just saying that these injuries might serve as a small warning... like I said you always think it's not going to happen to you... until it does.

I also admitted to pull the same stuff when I was in high school, so I can understand the mentality... but anyone who denies that's what players are doing is what grinds my gears - at least you and I can agree that they're putting on the show but when they tear multiple ligaments, then the show doesn't go on anymore for them.

mardigan
03-02-2007, 06:03 PM
^^Yea, and I agree with you that they wont be doing things again that might put them in danger. Like you said, when your young you feel indestuctible, and after that 1st major injury it changes the way you play completely. After my knee I was never the same player

timvp
03-02-2007, 06:42 PM

Moderating? How the hell is calling you stupid moderating? That's more like anti-moderating.

You're either blind, stupid or could never jump if you think Livingston was showboating. He got off balance, mistimed his jump, missed the layup and landed wrong.

You think he purposely tried to land with one leg way out in front of the other? If so, you are just plain stupid.

timvp
03-02-2007, 06:49 PM
This is the first time I've had an attitude to moderating.You have a horrible take, get called out and hide behind the moderator card?

Laughable.

I just think timvp is quite short-sighted at times even if he is an implicit leader on this board.
Short-sided. You're the genius who thinks a guy was showboating on a missed layup by putting one leg way out in front of the other on the landing.

I've usually been very deferential to the moderators, but there's a point where you call me out without even even looking at it from my perpsective; he's done this a lot of times and quite frankly, I was getting a little sick of the attitude. I'm pretty sure he responded to my comments in the Tony Allen thread with a little disdain that I felt was unwarranted.I don't even know who the hell you are. But if you have repeatedly stupid takes, chances are I called you out repeated times.

Watch a slow motion replay of Livingston's layup and you'll see him try to put a little extra unnecessary flash a split-second before his leg plants awkwardly. Again, it's obvious you don't know what you're talking about. He got off balance, missed the layup and then landed wrong. What the hell kind of flash is it to land with one foot way out in front of you?

Also, throughout college, I officiated high school and jr. high games in the state of Texas

:lmao

Now I understand where you are coming from. Those b1tch junior high refs who'd get mad if you touched the rim because that was "showboating".

Now I get why your takes on this issue is so bad.

timvp
03-02-2007, 06:51 PM
Just want to say I'm sorry for pulling out the "moderating" card on timvp, but I don't like being talked down to, no matter who it is.

Okay, I'll apologize for pulling out the "b1tch junior high ref" card.

RonMexico
03-02-2007, 07:14 PM
You haven't watched Livingston enough then, I guess - my immediate reaction was that he was doing his typical breakaway layup spread eagle formation and it backfired.

BUMP
03-02-2007, 08:02 PM

that was different D-Wade beat us in the Finals and then rubbed it in even more by calling out Dirk after Dirk basically called him a good player. MavFans get angry, they want revenge, then he gets injured. put 2 and 2 together.

imagine this, the SpursFans are still bitter about last year and then Dirk calls Duncan out and says that he doesnt have what it takes and he was the reason they lost. then Dirk gets a season ending injury the next week. this place would be in a jubilant uproar

Venti Quattro
06-17-2015, 01:28 AM
What a comeback for this guy. The journey was difficult and arduous but it was well worth it. 8 years ago, his career almost ended with a nasty leg injury. Tonight, he can call himself a NBA champion.

Infinite_limit
06-17-2015, 01:33 AM
Have u seen how he dislocated his knee tonite? not looking good
LOL

Fkn Lefty been posting here for over 8 years

Duncanforthree
06-17-2015, 01:34 AM
Of every player on the Warriors roster, I'm happiest for Shaun Livingston.

Great story.

TDMVPDPOY
06-17-2015, 01:35 AM
didnt watch gsw games, but how was he?

doing whatever stay in the league, pass first pg are a rarity these days, too bad a pos on the spurs never had that in him

Duncanforthree
06-17-2015, 01:36 AM
TDMVPDPOY....he had 10 big points tonight. He was a contributor.

TDMVPDPOY
06-17-2015, 01:37 AM
not bad, got back up and continue pounding the rock

unlike the pos on the spurs who continued to stay down

Infinite_limit
06-17-2015, 02:02 AM
didnt watch gsw games, but how was he?

doing whatever stay in the league, pass first pg are a rarity these days, too bad a pos on the spurs never had that in him
He replaced Steve Blake!

Livingston logged the 6th most minutes for GS in this series

Maddog
06-17-2015, 05:34 PM
What a comeback for this guy. The journey was difficult and arduous but it was well worth it. 8 years ago, his career almost ended with a nasty leg injury. Tonight, he can call himself a NBA champion.

Of every player on the Warriors roster, I'm happiest for Shaun Livingston.

Great story.

Same here
never complained, bounced around, now a champ

Clipper Nation
06-17-2015, 05:36 PM
Only Warriors player I'm happy for. Livingston deserves it.

~O~
06-17-2015, 05:46 PM
Shaun Livingston was a respectable player when he was in brooklyn. Probably the only competent one. Livingston excelled as a backup, was solid every night, and gritty at his position. He really knew how to grind out points that the opponent usually didn't allow. Being capable of this at his size most of all was heavily beneficial.

DPG21920
06-17-2015, 10:21 PM
Amazing story IMO. One of the best finals stories of the year outside of Iggy.

ambchang
06-18-2015, 06:35 AM
I remember that. One of the nastiest injuries I've seen. On par with Paul George in terms of overall gruesomeness.

Great that he stuck with it and kept playing, improving.

Not sure if anybody remember, but he had tonnes of potential back in the day, he would have been an all star if not for that injury, but then a champion is even sweeter.