PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Miller to the Mavs!!???

big3bigD
02-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Reggie on the radar? No way of knowing how serious it is yet, but Reggie Miller could be a candidate for the Mavericks' vacant roster spot.

Owner Mark Cuban brought up Miller's name before Monday's game against the Hawks. The former Indiana Pacers star is the No. 1 3-point shooter in NBA history. He retired after the 2004-05 season, but remains in excellent physical shape.

And joining the Mavericks would give him the chance to do about the only thing he never did in his illustrious career – win a championship.

Avery Johnson said he and president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson have been discussing options for the open spot, but are not close to any decisions.

Miller currently is a member of TNT's broadcast team.

I just read this in the DMN. Seems like a useless manuver and an extreme long shot, but an interesting thought all the same.....

mabber
02-27-2007, 10:34 AM
Reggie on the radar? No way of knowing how serious it is yet, but Reggie Miller could be a candidate for the Mavericks' vacant roster spot.

Owner Mark Cuban brought up Miller's name before Monday's game against the Hawks. The former Indiana Pacers star is the No. 1 3-point shooter in NBA history. He retired after the 2004-05 season, but remains in excellent physical shape.

And joining the Mavericks would give him the chance to do about the only thing he never did in his illustrious career – win a championship.

Avery Johnson said he and president of basketball operations Donnie Nelson have been discussing options for the open spot, but are not close to any decisions.

I just read this in the DMN. Seems like a useless manuver and an extreme long shot, but an interesting thought all the same.....

Haven't heard from Miller on this though. I think he could still contribute since he's such a great shooter but I'd rather have another big man in that open roster spot.

steppy
02-27-2007, 10:35 AM
I've always thought it was a little lame to come out of retirement and latch on to a team that is favored to win a title. Especially this late in the season. I'd even be disappointed in the Spurs if they tried to sign a player in this manner.

Holmes_Fans
02-27-2007, 10:36 AM
I'd rather bring in a tough minded guy. Kind of like what we did with Adrian Griffin, someone who can come in and grab some rebounds and cause a few turnovers. For offense he will drive the lane. Driving the lane you can almost always score or get a foul called. Shooting threes most nights someone that old will be cold. IE Michael Finley having a big night once every blue moon.

RonMexico
02-27-2007, 10:42 AM
What does Fish say about this?

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 10:43 AM
I'd welcome it. we need another offensive minded guard with some experience, IMO. trading anthony johnson wasn't smart, and if either harris or terry goes down with an injury, or god forbid both of them, that's 10-20 points of offense each game that we won't get back with buckner, ager, barea, or whoever we stick in the rotation to replace harris or terry.

this is assuming reggie still has some game. who knows.

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 10:44 AM

:lol if another mavs fan brings up a Fish article and treats it like gospel, I may disown my team.

u2sarajevo
02-27-2007, 10:45 AM
What does Fish say about this?Genius....

Big Pimp_21
02-27-2007, 10:45 AM
I would lose a ton of respect for Reggie. This is rediculous (if true). What kind of validation would it give him to win a championship if it was this way? Why don't these retired ex-players ever want to come out of retirement late season and play for a team like the Hawks or the Bobcats? They want to try to get a cheap championship to make themselves feel better about their careers.

big3bigD
02-27-2007, 10:47 AM
I've always thought it was a little lame to come out of retirement and latch on to a team that is favored to win a title. Especially this late in the season. I'd even be disappointed in the Spurs if they tried to sign a player in this manner.

Especially a guy like Reggie or Pippen whom have been retired for a signifigant ammount of time.

The spurs did this with Big Dog and tried several times to pull the same move with the Mailman.

I don't like it either, but these moves can sometimes work out for both the player and the team.... I just don't think that Reggie Miller and the Mavs is one of those circumstances.

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 10:51 AM
If the guy can still play and still has the desire to compete, then who gives a fuck? If he's doing this because he truly wants to do it, then he'll get on a team. If he's doing it simply to win a title and "validate his career" then he's not going to make it. I doubt this is true anyways.

If this was "Reggie Miller to the Suns!!????" everyone would be excited as hell.

big3bigD
02-27-2007, 10:53 AM

Check out the thread labled "Hollinger's Ratings are B.S." if you are looking for some more Mike Fisher... :toast :smokin

big3bigD
02-27-2007, 10:57 AM
If the guy can still play and still has the desire to compete, then who gives a fuck? If he's doing this because he truly wants to do it, then he'll get on a team. If he's doing it simply to win a title and "validate his career" then he's not going to make it. I doubt this is true anyways.

If this was "Reggie Miller to the Suns!!????" everyone would be excited as hell.

That's a good point. Miller possibly to the Suns would get national attention. An old spot up three point shooter might actually work with the suns though...I don't really care about his motivation, I just don't think that his current skill set would fill any of the Mavs needs of that last roster spot.

At best, I think that he might be able to pull off a 2003 Steve Kerr... He might be able to get hot and win one game with a bunch of unexpected threes....

Viva Las Espuelas
02-27-2007, 10:59 AM
Reggie has too big an ego to be a backup. I don't think Avery is that willing to give him a starting spot just because he's Reggie Miller. If he does, than that would be a total surprise from Avery. I think this is a case of Cuban running off his mouth.........Again.

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 11:00 AM
At best, I think that he might be able to pull off a 2003 Steve Kerr... He might be able to get hot and win one game with a bunch of unexpected threes....

True....the way this team started bricking three's in crunch time last year, he might be useful for that. He's hit a clutch three in his time. But yeah I dunno if he could ever really fit in here, since playing defense is a must to survive under Avery. From what I recall, he wasn't too interested in playing defense unless Spike Lee was courtside.

big3bigD
02-27-2007, 11:01 AM
Reggie has too big an ego to be a backup. I don't think Avery is that willing to give him a starting spot just because he's Reggie Miller. If he does, than that would be a total surprise from Avery. I think this is a case of Cuban running off his mouth.........Again.

I don't think that there is any doubt about that. Avery is definately not going to start him on name alone. I would expect Miller to get Croshere's playing time if anything....

FromWayDowntown
02-27-2007, 11:03 AM
The spurs did this with Big Dog and tried several times to pull the same move with the Mailman.

The Spurs didn't bring Big Dog out of retirement. He had been on the Sixers' roster during the 04-05 season, was traded to New Orleans and released. The Spurs signed him as a free agent after he was bought out, but they didn't have to bring him out of retirement to accomplish that. He hadn't played much (if at all) with Philly that year, but he hadn't retired.

The Spurs entreaties to Malone all came during Karl's career or in the season immediately after his season in LA, when Karl himself had not yet declared himself retired -- he was rehabbing an injury sustained during the 2004 playoffs.

As for the Miller idea -- I don't understand what the Mavericks are thinking, considering a high profile player who will demand minutes. That team has enviable chemistry right now, but changing that chemistry just a bit could throw it all out of whack. Besides, while Reggie can fill it up (sometimes) on the offensive end, he was about as poor a defensive player as there is at a wing spot. The Mavericks seemingly don't need offensive firepower, particularly where that option will threaten the integrity of their defense, I would think.

big3bigD
02-27-2007, 11:08 AM
I think that his ONLY use could be to help space the floor during crunch time in the playoffs. Last year, Miami packed the middle and dared the Mavs to shoot from the outside, which the Mavs did miserably. I'm not sure that this is important enough to disrupt the locker room chemistry that you speak of though....

mabber
02-27-2007, 11:09 AM
The Spurs didn't bring Big Dog out of retirement. He had been on the Sixers' roster during the 04-05 season, was traded to New Orleans and released. The Spurs signed him as a free agent after he was bought out, but they didn't have to bring him out of retirement to accomplish that. He hadn't played much (if at all) with Philly that year, but he hadn't retired.

The Spurs entreaties to Malone all came during Karl's career or in the season immediately after his season in LA, when Karl himself had not yet declared himself retired -- he was rehabbing an injury sustained during the 2004 playoffs.

As for the Miller idea -- I don't understand what the Mavericks are thinking, considering a high profile player who will demand minutes. That team has enviable chemistry right now, but changing that chemistry just a bit could throw it all out of whack. Besides, while Reggie can fill it up (sometimes) on the offensive end, he was about as poor a defensive player as there is at a wing spot. The Mavericks seemingly don't need offensive firepower, particularly where that option will threaten the integrity of their defense, I would think.

I doubt there's anything to this other than Cuban talking BS to get people talking about his team. It's what he does! :rolleyes

mabber
02-27-2007, 11:10 AM
I'd rather bring in a tough minded guy. Kind of like what we did with Adrian Griffin, someone who can come in and grab some rebounds and cause a few turnovers. For offense he will drive the lane. Driving the lane you can almost always score or get a foul called. Shooting threes most nights someone that old will be cold. IE Michael Finley having a big night once every blue moon.

We have two of those guys (although injured right now) in George & Buckner why would we need another?

big3bigD
02-27-2007, 11:13 AM
We have two of those guys (although injured right now) in George & Buckner why would we need another?

Because they, along with Howard, are both currently injured. I kind of liked the Najera rumor around trade time...

mabber
02-27-2007, 11:14 AM
Because they, along with Howard, are both currently injured.

All 3 should be back within a week (Buckner tonight, Howard tonight or next game and George by next week)

trueD
02-27-2007, 11:16 AM
Bad idea for the Mavs. And damn, who woulda thunk that Reggie, of all players, would be lured by "The Bling"? Plus, he's really starting to gel with with Kerr, Albert, Harlan and even Barkley on TNT. :)

I hope Mavs don't do it.

big3bigD
02-27-2007, 11:16 AM
All 3 should be back within a week (Buckner tonight, Howard tonight or next game and George by next week)

Hopefully. Howard's ankle has been a problem all season long. George has been out longer than originally anticipated. The Mavs are just suddenly a little thin at the swingman spot....

mabber
02-27-2007, 11:21 AM
Hopefully. Howard's ankle has been a problem all season long. George has been out longer than originally anticipated. The Mavs are just suddenly a little thin at the swingman spot....

I hope they sit Howard for a few games. There's no point in putting him back out there too soon. The Mavs can handle a few games w/o him. Their schedule is not that difficult the next couple of weeks.

nkdlunch
02-27-2007, 11:22 AM
Reggie lost 2wice in a row to Kenny in 3pt contest. He is finished. Cuban, go ahead and get Kenny

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 11:32 AM
Reggie lost 2wice in a row to Kenny in 3pt contest. He is finished. Cuban, go ahead and get Kenny

It would be a pretty good gag to sign the entire TNT broadcast team. Play them during junk time. They'd probably do better than Barea and Ager.

big3bigD
02-27-2007, 11:41 AM
I hope they sit Howard for a few games. There's no point in putting him back out there too soon. The Mavs can handle a few games w/o him. Their schedule is not that difficult the next couple of weeks.

I agree completely. This is an excellent time to let him heal up and get any needed rest (although i seriously doubt that Howard needs any rest).

At least it is just his ankle... Dirk has had to play through enough of these that he may be able to help Howrd out with some advice.....

big3bigD
02-27-2007, 11:42 AM
It would be a pretty good gag to sign the entire TNT broadcast team. Play them during junk time. They'd probably do better than Barea and Ager.

Barkley on the Mavs??!! That would be classic........
:nope :oops :downspin:

shelshor
02-27-2007, 11:52 AM
At least they can't blame this one on Bruce Bowen

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/022707dnspomavslede.10a9662.html#

Howard hurt in Mavs' 12th straight win

01:11 AM CST on Tuesday, February 27, 2007
By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News
[email protected]

Josh Howard rolls with the punches as well as any NBA player. But when it comes to rolling his ankle, he draws the line.

The All-Star forward injured his right ankle for the second time in three games when he came down on the foot of Atlanta's Joe Johnson in Monday night's 110-87 blowout of the Hawks at American Airlines Center.

Last week, it was Miami's Jason Kapono who charged at Howard after a jump shot. Howard landed on Kapono's foot and wrenched the same ankle.

Monday, it was Johnson who also was running at Howard after a desperation 3-pointer in the fourth quarter. Neither of those players is known as somebody who would push the boundaries of fair play. But the Mavericks now wonder if teams aren't instructing their players to run under Howard and other Mavericks on perimeter shots.

"I just know it was a point of emphasis in the [preseason] officials' meeting and there ain't nothing happening," Howard said. "It's happened to me five times this year. And I think I'm the only guy it happens to.

"Hopefully, they'll send the tapes in and have a talk with those people, because that ain't right. I'm the only one it's been happening to and I know it's not fate. Somebody's telling somebody to do something."

Fortunately, Howard's injury does not appear serious. X-rays after the game were negative and he was able to walk with only a slight limp. He was listed as day-to-day as the Mavericks boarded their flight to Minnesota, where they play the Timberwolves tonight.

Howard missed eight games early this season when he sprained his left ankle coming down from a jump shot. Golden State's Mickael Pietrus was the guilty party.

"Hopefully, he should be OK," coach Avery Johnson said. "But we got to really, really look at that play. I'll deal with it. And they [the referees] were aware of it."

Johnson said he's detected a trend of defending Maverick shooters in this fashion. Defenders have to respect Howard's drive to the basket so much that they back off of him when he's on an isolation play.

If he pulls up for the jumper, they have no choice but to lunge toward him, often coming down in the space where he took off from for the jumper.

"If a shooter is landing in the same spot where he took off, he ought to get at least that," said Austin Croshere. "Josh gets up so high on his jumper, there's more of a chance for somebody to get under him."

Atlanta coach Mike Woodson said the idea of Joe Johnson using a dirty ploy was preposterous.

"I hope Josh isn't hurt, but that's just a basketball play," Woodson said. "We would never try to hurt anybody. In fact, we don't know how to hurt anybody right now."

Mavericks teammates and coach Avery Johnson evaluate injured forward Josh Howard. That much was evident in the game, which the Mavericks took control of in the second quarter. They were never threatened after halftime as Dirk Nowitzki (27 points), Jason Terry (21) and Howard (20) led an efficient offense. Jerry Stackhouse had 19 points off the bench and Croshere was effective, too, as the Mavericks rolled to their 12th straight win.

The win came in spite of being shorthanded as Greg Buckner, already suffering from a broken nose, sat out after bruising his left knee against Denver on Saturday. With Devean George already out with a right knee injury, the Mavericks had to scramble in the backcourt. Buckner's status for tonight's visit to Minnesota will not be known until game time. Both Buckner and Howard made the trip.

And while the winning streaks keep getting more impressive – this is their third of 12 or longer this season and their 20th in a row at home – Avery Johnson was concentrating on other things.

"I'd like to have double [digit] winning streaks starting April 20," he said.

That would be at the start of the playoffs.

In the meantime, he'd settle for the league keeping a closer watch on defenders who crowd his shooters.

Mavericks (47-9) at Minnesota (26-30): 7 p.m. today

Viva Las Espuelas
02-27-2007, 11:53 AM
I wonder if Reggie's acquisition will accelerate how fast time goes by in Dallas just like it seems to go by in San Antonio.

bulletedge
02-27-2007, 11:58 AM
The true scoop is that the Mavs are going to bring Kareem out of retirement...bet he could still kick Dampier's ass!

baseline bum
02-27-2007, 12:00 PM

Um... Glenn Robinson

FromWayDowntown
02-27-2007, 12:00 PM
Jason Kapono and Joe Johnson are clearly dirty players who should probably be banned from the league immediately.

steppy
02-27-2007, 12:03 PM
Um... Glenn Robinson

Um, Glenn Robinson didn't come out of retirement. Reread my post. I clearly stated that it was lame for a player to COME OUT OF RETIREMENT. Reading comprehension is a wonderful thing.

FromWayDowntown
02-27-2007, 12:12 PM

I'm quoting myself to support steppy's accurate statement:

Big Dog didn't play with the Sixers or the Hornets during 2004-05, but that was because of injuries and perceptions that he was a cancer; it had nothing to do with retirement.

Functionally, his career might have been over at that point, but not because Big Dog decided it was over. He hadn't retired.

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 01:09 PM
At least they can't blame this one on Bruce Bowen

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/022707dnspomavslede.10a9662.html#

Howard hurt in Mavs' 12th straight win

01:11 AM CST on Tuesday, February 27, 2007
By EDDIE SEFKO / The Dallas Morning News
[email protected]

Josh Howard rolls with the punches as well as any NBA player. But when it comes to rolling his ankle, he draws the line.

The All-Star forward injured his right ankle for the second time in three games when he came down on the foot of Atlanta's Joe Johnson in Monday night's 110-87 blowout of the Hawks at American Airlines Center.

Last week, it was Miami's Jason Kapono who charged at Howard after a jump shot. Howard landed on Kapono's foot and wrenched the same ankle.

Monday, it was Johnson who also was running at Howard after a desperation 3-pointer in the fourth quarter. Neither of those players is known as somebody who would push the boundaries of fair play. But the Mavericks now wonder if teams aren't instructing their players to run under Howard and other Mavericks on perimeter shots.

"I just know it was a point of emphasis in the [preseason] officials' meeting and there ain't nothing happening," Howard said. "It's happened to me five times this year. And I think I'm the only guy it happens to.

"Hopefully, they'll send the tapes in and have a talk with those people, because that ain't right. I'm the only one it's been happening to and I know it's not fate. Somebody's telling somebody to do something."

Fortunately, Howard's injury does not appear serious. X-rays after the game were negative and he was able to walk with only a slight limp. He was listed as day-to-day as the Mavericks boarded their flight to Minnesota, where they play the Timberwolves tonight.

Howard missed eight games early this season when he sprained his left ankle coming down from a jump shot. Golden State's Mickael Pietrus was the guilty party.

"Hopefully, he should be OK," coach Avery Johnson said. "But we got to really, really look at that play. I'll deal with it. And they [the referees] were aware of it."

Johnson said he's detected a trend of defending Maverick shooters in this fashion. Defenders have to respect Howard's drive to the basket so much that they back off of him when he's on an isolation play.

If he pulls up for the jumper, they have no choice but to lunge toward him, often coming down in the space where he took off from for the jumper.

"If a shooter is landing in the same spot where he took off, he ought to get at least that," said Austin Croshere. "Josh gets up so high on his jumper, there's more of a chance for somebody to get under him."

Atlanta coach Mike Woodson said the idea of Joe Johnson using a dirty ploy was preposterous.

"I hope Josh isn't hurt, but that's just a basketball play," Woodson said. "We would never try to hurt anybody. In fact, we don't know how to hurt anybody right now."

Mavericks teammates and coach Avery Johnson evaluate injured forward Josh Howard. That much was evident in the game, which the Mavericks took control of in the second quarter. They were never threatened after halftime as Dirk Nowitzki (27 points), Jason Terry (21) and Howard (20) led an efficient offense. Jerry Stackhouse had 19 points off the bench and Croshere was effective, too, as the Mavericks rolled to their 12th straight win.

The win came in spite of being shorthanded as Greg Buckner, already suffering from a broken nose, sat out after bruising his left knee against Denver on Saturday. With Devean George already out with a right knee injury, the Mavericks had to scramble in the backcourt. Buckner's status for tonight's visit to Minnesota will not be known until game time. Both Buckner and Howard made the trip.

And while the winning streaks keep getting more impressive – this is their third of 12 or longer this season and their 20th in a row at home – Avery Johnson was concentrating on other things.

"I'd like to have double [digit] winning streaks starting April 20," he said.

That would be at the start of the playoffs.

In the meantime, he'd settle for the league keeping a closer watch on defenders who crowd his shooters.

Mavericks (47-9) at Minnesota (26-30): 7 p.m. today

What a baby! :baby Does he really think he is the only one this has happened to this year? Joe Johnson is not a dirty player. First he cries about the allstar game and now this?? :dramaquee

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 01:13 PM
Jason Kapono and Joe Johnson are clearly dirty players who should probably be banned from the league immediately.
:lmao

ponky
02-27-2007, 02:12 PM
What a baby! :baby Does he really think he is the only one this has happened to this year? Joe Johnson is not a dirty player. First he cries about the allstar game and now this?? :dramaquee

he's talking out of frustration because it's happened twice in the space of a week...don't worry, he'll be healthy when we kick the suns' ass next month

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 02:26 PM
he's talking out of frustration because it's happened twice in the space of a week...don't worry, he'll be healthy when we kick the suns' ass next month

Oh, I am so worried!! :dramaquee

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 02:29 PM
Oh, I am so worried!! :dramaquee

funny considering u guys are already 0-2 thus far. i guess there's no worry because there's no expectation to win.

ponky
02-27-2007, 02:32 PM
funny considering u guys are already 0-2 thus far. i guess there's no worry because there's no expectation to win.

nice! :lmao :lmao :lmao

RonMexico
02-27-2007, 02:35 PM

Not me - I hate Reggie and the sound of his voice grates on me like none other.

I'd cheer if he made shots, but I wouldn't automatically annoint him a savior and be extremely happy about him coming.

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 02:38 PM

Very funny! :lol Yes there are expectations to win. It is just so funny that you Mav fans talk so much shit and it is still the regular season. Have fun with your regular season championship. :lol In the playoffs we all start out even. :toast

RonMexico
02-27-2007, 02:40 PM
I would love to have Reggie playing on the court and then analyzing his performance is the broadcast booth at the same time, ripping on himself for not playing defense and pushing off his defender while on offense

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 02:40 PM
Very funny! :lol Yes there are expectations to win. It is just so funny that you Mav fans talk so much shit and it is still the regular season. Have fun with your regular season championship. :lol In the playoffs we all start out even. :toast

Yes we do. The big difference is that once the playoffs roll around, the Spurs and Mavs change their game accordingly. The Suns will still be stuck playing their "regular season" ball because that's all they know.

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 02:42 PM
Yes we do. The big difference is that once the playoffs roll around, the Spurs and Mavs change their game accordingly. The Suns will still be stuck playing their "regular season" ball because that's all they know.

Yeah, right. Dream up something else will you? :lol

ponky
02-27-2007, 02:43 PM

yes we do, but it's nice to play at home, especially considering that the mavs have lost all of three games at home. anyway, be sure to tune in to our games, you'll learn something about how to win without starters in the lineup

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 02:44 PM
Yeah, right. Dream up something else will you? :lol

So the Suns will magically learn how to play defense once the playoffs roll around? Sounds like you're the one who's dreaming :guin

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 02:45 PM
yes we do, but it's nice to play at home, especially considering that the mavs have lost all of three games at home. anyway, be sure to tune in to our games, you'll learn something about how to win without starters in the lineup

You hope! If it was Dirk out and one of your regular frontline guys out I think you would be singing another tune. :blah

ponky
02-27-2007, 02:45 PM
So the Suns will magically learn how to play defense once the playoffs roll around? Sounds like you're the one who's dreaming :guin

uh-oh........*cue in RonMexico*

:lol

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 02:47 PM

Oh, by the way, I don't think the Mavs could have survived last year without Dirk like we did without Amare. Just goes to show you the heart the Suns have and how important Nash is.

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 02:48 PM

LOL yeah. I can't wait to see every stat available that proves that the Suns don't play bad defense.

I've seen it all before...mainly because I used those same stats three years ago to prove that the Mav's D wasn't "that bad". It was BS back then and it's BS now.

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 02:48 PM

Is this all you can come up with? :lol

ponky
02-27-2007, 02:49 PM
You hope! If it was Dirk out and one of your regular frontline guys out I think you would be singing another tune. :blah

not really, we can change it up a bit for a couple of games against teams like the hawks (suns did lose to the hawks, right?)

anyway, when nash was out, suns had a perfect opportunity to change it up a bit, slow down the game, take it to the hole, which would've benefited amare, maybe try out jalen, none of this happened which leades me to believe that they can't tweak their game and change it based on the opposing team's play

ponky
02-27-2007, 02:51 PM
Is this all you can come up with? :lol

i'm down with RonMexico, it's just a joke directed at him and i'd think he would smile cuz he knows i like to talk smack...anyway, at least he makes arguments, you just throw little emoticons at us.

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 02:51 PM
Oh, by the way, I don't think the Mavs could have survived last year without Dirk like we did without Amare. Just goes to show you the heart the Suns have and how important Nash is.

Well losing Amare for the Suns is more like lost Howard for the Mavs. A serious blow, but their most important player was still on the court.

There's no doubt that the Suns play their heart out, and that Nash is great. They just can't play defense. Maybe in a year or two they will.

ponky
02-27-2007, 02:53 PM
Well losing Amare for the Suns is more like lost Howard for the Mavs. A serious blow, but their most important player was still on the court.

There's no doubt that the Suns play their heart out, and that Nash is great. They just can't play defense. Maybe in a year or two they will.

yes maybe, but they don't have two years, nash's back messes up and they're done...unless they can get something out of that hawks lottery pick

RonMexico
02-27-2007, 02:56 PM

You rang? Best defense in the league... book it.

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 02:57 PM
not really, we can change it up a bit for a couple of games against teams like the hawks (suns did lose to the hawks, right?)

anyway, when nash was out, suns had a perfect opportunity to change it up a bit, slow down the game, take it to the hole, which would've benefited amare, maybe try out jalen, none of this happened which leades me to believe that they can't tweak their game and change it based on the opposing team's play

Yes, we did lose to the Hawks without Nash and Kurt Thomas. Mavs lost to the Warriors did they not and this was with Dirk wasn't it? If you have not noticed, we do take it to the hole as evidenced by Amare's freethrows in the last game. We just do not have a second point guard that can run this team. Just like you don't have a backup for Dirk. If you are counting Croshere don't even go there. :lol Without Dirk for very long you guy's are in trouble also. So get off your high horse. :dramaquee

RonMexico
02-27-2007, 02:57 PM
In fact, Reggie Miller would take the Suns from #1 defense in the league to probably the greatest defensive team in the history of the game...

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 02:59 PM

If you are comparing Howard to Amare you are on drugs. Howard is not even in the same class as Amare!!

ponky
02-27-2007, 03:01 PM
You rang? Best defense in the league... book it.

:)

ponky
02-27-2007, 03:02 PM
In fact, Reggie Miller would take the Suns from #1 defense in the league to probably the greatest defensive team in the history of the game...

:clap :clap :clap

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 03:04 PM
Without Dirk for very long you guy's are in trouble also.

There's no doubt the Mavs couldn't get very far without Dirk. But I guarantee you they'd be competitive and could make it to the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed at least.

Without Nash, the Suns were a 30-something win team. And they'll be right back there once he's gone.

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 03:05 PM

In reply to your last paragraph, they do play defense. If you look at the percentages we are not that far off from what you limit other teams field goal percentage to. I have watched Mav games and anyone can take it to the hole on your team also. Your team is not any better defensively as you like to point out so often. :dramaquee

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 03:07 PM
If you are comparing Howard to Amare you are on drugs. Howard is not even in the same class as Amare!!

And you're on drugs if you're comparing Amare to Dirk. Not even close. I was comparing the two in the sense that Amare is the second most important player on the team, just like Howard for the Mavs.

ponky
02-27-2007, 03:08 PM
Yes, we did lose to the Hawks without Nash and Kurt Thomas. Mavs lost to the Warriors did they not and this was with Dirk wasn't it? If you have not noticed, we do take it to the hole as evidenced by Amare's freethrows in the last game. We just do not have a second point guard that can run this team. Just like you don't have a backup for Dirk. If you are counting Croshere don't even go there. :lol Without Dirk for very long you guy's are in trouble also. So get off your high horse. :dramaquee

you missed the whole point...i wouldn't be down on the suns during nash's absence IF they had at least tried to change things up a bit without nash

a backup for dirk? croshere is a bit better than kvh, he could at least put together 34 points in one game to win a game for us and he's not lobbing up a bunch of crazy shots like he did earlier in the season...plus, he's a lot better rebounder than kch ever was...but george has been the real pickup this season

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 03:08 PM
There's no doubt the Mavs couldn't get very far without Dirk. But I guarantee you they'd be competitive and could make it to the playoffs as a 7 or 8 seed at least.

Without Nash, the Suns were a 30-something win team. And they'll be right back there once he's gone.

I think you seriously underestimate the Suns organization. I also think we could make it to the playoffs also, both teams would not last long though.

RonMexico
02-27-2007, 03:10 PM
This just in! Karl Malone and John Stockton sign with the Suns! Pippin signs with Spurs!

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 03:10 PM
In reply to your last paragraph, they do play defense.

I know they do. They just don't play it very well.

Again, it's the same BS argument that used to be made 3 years ago in defense of the Mavs formerly pitiful D.

ponky
02-27-2007, 03:11 PM
I think you seriously underestimate the Suns organization. I also think we could make it to the playoffs also, both teams would not last long though.

you really think the suns would make it to the playoffs without nash?!?!?! am i reading this correctly?

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 03:13 PM
And you're on drugs if you're comparing Amare to Dirk. Not even close. I was comparing the two in the sense that Amare is the second most important player on the team, just like Howard for the Mavs.

I would take Amare over Dirk any day. Amare is more than a dunker, if you bothered to watch any of the Suns games. He has developed quite a nice jumpshot and can take people off the dribble. He is back and your team had trouble with him two years ago and he is a much more well rounded player than then.

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 03:13 PM

:lol ok right, yeah, the Suns would be JUST FINE without Nash. They've proven it time and time again by getting their ass kicked when Nash is out. They prove it each time Nash comes out of the game and the other team immediately goes on a 9-0 run. They proved it with that blistering 29 win season the year before Nash came to Phoenix.

ponky
02-27-2007, 03:14 PM
This just in! Karl Malone and John Stockton sign with the Suns! Pippin signs with Spurs!

nooooo, i so wanted danny ainge to sign with the suns and malone to sign with the mavs so i could finally cheer one of those hateful elbows to the head malone likes to dish out!!! just kidding, i have never disliked a player as much as i dislike malone

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 03:14 PM
Amare is more than a dunker, if you bothered to watch any of the Suns games.

Dunking - the foundation of every good basketball player.

The Suns are on TNT 6 days a week - i can't help but watch every game. ESPN does a daily show called "Recapping the day for the legendary Phoenix Suns" in place of Sportscenter. I have yet to see evidence of him being able to do anything without a perfect pass from Nash putting him in perfect position.

ponky
02-27-2007, 03:17 PM
I would take Amare over Dirk any day. Amare is more than a dunker, if you bothered to watch any of the Suns games. He has developed quite a nice jumpshot and can take people off the dribble. He is back and your team had trouble with him two years ago and he is a much more well rounded player than then.

If your argument earlier was that the mavs wouldn't win many games without Dirk and now you're saying that you'd pick Amare over Dirk any day, then where does that leave you with all those games that the Suns lost with Amare in the game? If he's more valuable than Dirk then why not a win for the Suns? Or is he only valuable when Nash is holding his hand? Which is it?

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 03:18 PM
you really think the suns would make it to the playoffs without nash?!?!?! am i reading this correctly?

About the same as the Mavs would without Dirk. Do you really think the Mavs could make it to the playoffs without Dirk?? If so, both teams would probably be and 7th or 8th seed as your fellow Mavs fan pointed out. Don't think your team could be anymore dominate than the Suns without having
Dirk since your team is also centered around him the same way we are with Nash.

RonMexico
02-27-2007, 03:18 PM
I suppose Harold Miner is on your all-time greats team?

I think you mean "Baby Jordan"

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 03:20 PM
:lol ok right, yeah, the Suns would be JUST FINE without Nash. They've proven it time and time again by getting their ass kicked when Nash is out. They prove it each time Nash comes out of the game and the other team immediately goes on a 9-0 run. They proved it with that blistering 29 win season the year before Nash came to Phoenix.

We had a different coach at that time. Have you had to go too many games without Dirk? If so, how has your team done?

ponky
02-27-2007, 03:21 PM
About the same as the Mavs would without Dirk. Do you really think the Mavs could make it to the playoffs without Dirk?? If so, both teams would probably be and 7th or 8th seed as your fellow Mavs fan pointed out. Don't think your team could be anymore dominate than the Suns without having
Dirk since your team is also centered around him the same way we are with Nash.

post #77

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 03:21 PM
I think you mean "Baby Jordan"

haha oh yeah. i forgot that nickname.

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 03:24 PM
We had a different coach at that time. Have you had to go too many games without Dirk? If so, how has your team done?

Not too many games without him, but this season he's been out one game and had two games where he played only 10 minutes (which i think even you'd agree is limited enough to consider him as not being a real factor in the game)....and the mavs are 3-0 in those games.

RonMexico
02-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Back on topic, though - Amare has gotten much better at creating his own shots especially since the All-Star break. He's getting more lift on his jumper and that quick first step is back so all the onus isn't on Nash. In fact, Nash's assists have increased as a result of Amare's overall athletic improvement (i.e. defenders might cheat to Amare leaving others open or Amare is hitting more shots on passes from Nash).

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 03:27 PM
If your argument earlier was that the mavs wouldn't win many games without Dirk and now you're saying that you'd pick Amare over Dirk any day, then where does that leave you with all those games that the Suns lost with Amare in the game? If he's more valuable than Dirk then why not a win for the Suns? Or is he only valuable when Nash is holding his hand? Which is it?

I just prefer Amare over Dirk, plain and simple. I like power players like Amare more than Dirk type players. At least he doesn't flop his way to the freethrow line like Dirk. It is almost like watching the Kings in the past with Vlade. It is pretty pathetic the way he has to throw his arms out like he is being killed. If you are down on floppers you have no further to look than your own team.

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 03:28 PM
Not too many games without him, but this season he's been out one game and had two games where he played only 10 minutes (which i think even you'd agree is limited enough to consider him as not being a real factor in the game)....and the mavs are 3-0 in those games.

What teams did you play besides the depleted Nuggets?

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 03:30 PM
Back on topic, though - Amare has gotten much better at creating his own shots especially since the All-Star break. He's getting more lift on his jumper and that quick first step is back so all the onus isn't on Nash. In fact, Nash's assists have increased as a result of Amare's overall athletic improvement (i.e. defenders might cheat to Amare leaving others open or Amare is hitting more shots on passes from Nash).
:tu

ponky
02-27-2007, 03:32 PM

you mean like the Hawks?

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 03:32 PM
:tu

Oh, and Amare is starting to get assists which makes him even more dangerous than in the past. He is turning into a well rounded player as of late.

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 03:33 PM
you mean like the Hawks?

Don't think Dirk was injured when you played the Hawks, so which teams were they? :rolleyes

RonMexico
02-27-2007, 03:36 PM
I really want the Hawks to finish with the 12th best record in the east or something, so that leaves them with a decent chance of getting a 6-14 pick, but rare possibility of being in the top 3. In fact, I salivate with every college game I watch for who might be added next year.

Shank
02-27-2007, 03:36 PM
I love how Mexico says "back on topic" and starts sucking on Amare in a thread re: Reggie Miller and the Mavs.

ponky
02-27-2007, 03:37 PM
I just prefer Amare over Dirk, plain and simple. I like power players like Amare more than Dirk type players. At least he doesn't flop his way to the freethrow line like Dirk. It is almost like watching the Kings in the past with Vlade. It is pretty pathetic the way he has to throw his arms out like he is being killed. If you are down on floppers you have no further to look than your own team.

As long as it's rewarded, all good players do that...it's why Amare got to the line 17 times the other night. It's called being demonstrative to insure that you get the call, doesn't mean the call was necessarily bad...look at those fouls in slo-mo and you'll see that in most (of course not all) instances, the call was good. The only superstar who doesn't do this much is Nash, which is something I've already discussed with RonMexico.

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 03:37 PM
I really want the Hawks to finish with the 12th best record in the east or something, so that leaves them with a decent chance of getting a 6-14 pick, but rare possibility of being in the top 3. In fact, I salivate with every college game I watch for who might be added next year.

Me too! :lol

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 03:38 PM

They beat Toronto and Seattle when Dirk played almost none of the game. Oh yeah, the same Seattle team that beat the Suns by 24 when Nash was out.

Funny how now the Nuggets become "depleted". Although having both Camby and the "superstar" Iverson in the game would hardly mean that they were depleted. I'm sure every time Nash was out, the other team played the best game in the history of their franchise. I'm sure those Atlanta Hawks all coincidentally played the game of their lives in order to win. That's why the Suns lost.

ponky
02-27-2007, 03:39 PM
Don't think Dirk was injured when you played the Hawks, so which teams were they? :rolleyes

omfg, you didn't get that? mavs w/o dirk playing the nuggets (with AI) is basically a wash when compared to suns w/o nash playing the hawks

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 03:41 PM
As long as it's rewarded, all good players do that...it's why Amare got to the line 17 times the other night. It's called being demonstrative to insure that you get the call, doesn't mean the call was necessarily bad...look at those fouls in slo-mo and you'll see that in most (of course not all) instances, the call was good. The only superstar who doesn't do this much is Nash, which is something I've already discussed with RonMexico.

Amare doesn't act like Dirk at all. He doesn't flop to the ground and throw out his arms like he is being killed. He just powers it up and makes the shot and doesn't hope the refs bail him out. In reference to Nash, he is probably the only player that doesn't get to the freethrow line much, even though he drives to the basket more often than one might think. He doesn't get the same respect as some other players in this area.

RonMexico
02-27-2007, 03:41 PM
You Mavs fans probably saw a good example of what the Suns are missing last night: Joe Johnson - he played decent defense, but was able to create his own shot, which is missing on this team right now.

Diaw has the capability if he comes back with a vengance but not when he is passive.

hater
02-27-2007, 03:43 PM
Amare is sensitive in the balls

ponky
02-27-2007, 03:44 PM
You Mavs fans probably saw a good example of what the Suns are missing last night: Joe Johnson - he played decent defense, but was able to create his own shot, which is missing on this team right now.

Diaw has the capability if he comes back with a vengance but not when he is passive.

IMO, Joe Johnson > Diaw....i think it was a mistake to give him up

monosylab1k

Diaw is the one guy I really like on Phoenix. When the guy is at his best he's almost impossible to guard.

Nashfan
omfg, you didn't get that? mavs w/o dirk playing the nuggets (with AI) is basically a wash when compared to suns w/o nash playing the hawks

I don't think so. Carmelo Anthony is their best scorer and Iverson had not been with the team long, so there is the chemistry problem to look at. Also, I believe JR Smith was out also against your team. So, hardly a wash as you put it. :lol

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 03:45 PM

Agree

ponky
02-27-2007, 03:46 PM
Amare doesn't act like Dirk at all. He doesn't flop to the ground and throw out his arms like he is being killed. He just powers it up and makes the shot and doesn't hope the refs bail him out. In reference to Nash, he is probably the only player that doesn't get to the freethrow line much, even though he drives to the basket more often than one might think. He doesn't get the same respect as some other players in this area.

lmao, yeah dirk flops to the ground so much because he's always so busy driving it to the basket rather than taking his fadeaways :rolleyes

you're regurgitating what i just said about nash, what's your point?

Nashfan
Amare is sensitive in the balls

Uh, you must not be a guy?

monosylab1k
I don't think so. Carmelo Anthony is their best scorer and Iverson had not been with the team long, so there is the chemistry problem to look at. Also, I believe JR Smith was out also against your team. So, hardly a wash as you put it. :lol

I never thought a group of fans could be more full of crap and find more weak, pitiful excuses for their team than us Mavs fans...but Suns fans are really making a run at THAT title...

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 03:48 PM
IMO, Joe Johnson > Diaw....i think it was a mistake to give him up

We did not give him up. He wanted to be the man on a team. Guess he got what he wanted, but it turns out he is the man on a losing team.

ponky
02-27-2007, 03:48 PM

oh my bad, i forgot that some teams need a minimum of two super-duper all-stars on the team before they can be called a healthy team...if one's out, the whole team is not healthy and they can't function
keep trying

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 03:51 PM
lmao, yeah dirk flops to the ground so much because he's always so busy driving it to the basket rather than taking his fadeaways :rolleyes

you're regurgitating what i just said about nash, what's your point?

My point is he doesn't get the respect players like Dirk, Kobe, Wade etc. get for driving to the basket. We could even include Tony Parker in there.

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 03:52 PM
I never thought a group of fans could be more full of crap and find more weak, pitiful excuses for their team than us Mavs fans...but Suns fans are really making a run at THAT title...

Don't think so, your fans already own that title! :lol

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 03:54 PM
Don't think so, your fans already own that title! :lol

Oh really, Mr. "the suns play good defense...look at the percentages!"

Unfortunately, Mavs fans probably do own that title...it'll be nice when we're owning another title too in a few months.

Findog
02-27-2007, 03:55 PM
Hell, if he's taking Anthony Johnson's roster spot and the attendant 10 minutes a night that comes with it, I'm all for it. It's not like they're expecting the guy to come in and carry them. And a 10-day contract is all that it would cost them to see if Reggie has anything left in the tank.

RonMexico
02-27-2007, 03:57 PM
Diaw is the one guy I really like on Phoenix. When the guy is at his best he's almost impossible to guard.

"When the guy is at his best" is exactly correct.

ponky, Joe was gonna leave anyways - if that pick works out, then I think the trade overall becomes more valuable because 70 mil tied up in Joe Johnson would have hurt them as Nash ages.

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 03:58 PM
oh my bad, i forgot that some teams need a minimum of two super-duper all-stars on the team before they can be called a healthy team...if one's out, the whole team is not healthy and they can't function
keep trying

I believe you were the one that brought this up in the first place, that the Mavs beat the Nuggets with Iverson playing and your team without Dirk. Just replying that we played the Nuggets with Carmelo and without Nash for most of the game. He was playing injured in the first half also if you saw that game. Coach made him sit the second half out.

ponky
02-27-2007, 03:59 PM
"When the guy is at his best" is exactly correct.

ponky, Joe was gonna leave anyways - if that pick works out, then I think the trade overall becomes more valuable because 70 mil tied up in Joe Johnson would have hurt them as Nash ages.

true, i guess i was just thinking more about their games rather than the f.o. side of things....as for where the hawks end up this year, i wish them all the best......next year!

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 04:01 PM
Oh really, Mr. "the suns play good defense...look at the percentages!"

Unfortunately, Mavs fans probably do own that title...it'll be nice when we're owning another title too in a few months.

You hope! Unless your team chokes it away again this year and if they get that far. Remember the Pistons had about the same record as the Mavs last year and choked against Miami also.

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 04:03 PM
You hope! Unless your team chokes it away again this year and if they get that far.

"if they get that far" should be the main concern of your team. At least the Mavs have been to the Finals. Choked it away, yes, but they've gotten there. OH YEAH you didn't have Amare or Raja or Nash or whatever the fuck your excuse is as to why you haven't been there yet.

Remember the Pistons had about the same record as that Mavs last year and choked against Miami also.

The Pistons have a much more legitimate complaint that the refs screwed them in their Heat series than the Mavericks.

ponky
02-27-2007, 04:09 PM
You hope! Unless your team chokes it away again this year and if they get that far. Remember the Pistons had about the same record as that Mavs last year and choked against Miami also.

lol, little nashfan talking about getting that far...actually, you're the one who better keep hope alive...this is your third year of trying and nash's clock is running out so this has to be the year if the suns are going to do anything other than make another appearance in the WCF

as for the pistons record, i'd rather remember the suns record of 2005 and how they didn't even get a chance to choke it away because they waited after they were down three games before eeking out a win...remind me again, who was on that suns team?

mavs>spurs2
02-27-2007, 04:23 PM
oh god please dont let this be true...i like miller but why do something that could mess up chemistry just don't do it cuban please.

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 04:49 PM
"if they get that far" should be the main concern of your team. At least the Mavs have been to the Finals. Choked it away, yes, but they've gotten there. OH YEAH you didn't have Amare or Raja or Nash or whatever the fuck your excuse is as to why you haven't been there yet.

The Pistons have a much more legitimate complaint that the refs screwed them in their Heat series than the Mavericks.

Guess you don't know much about the Phoenix Suns. They have been to the finals two times. Once in 1976 against the Celtics and in 1993 against the Bulls.

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 04:52 PM
lol, little nashfan talking about getting that far...actually, you're the one who better keep hope alive...this is your third year of trying and nash's clock is running out so this has to be the year if the suns are going to do anything other than make another appearance in the WCF

as for the pistons record, i'd rather remember the suns record of 2005 and how they didn't even get a chance to choke it away because they waited after they were down three games before eeking out a win...remind me again, who was on that suns team?

Let's see, who was on that team? Nash, Amare, Joe Johnson, Quentin Richardson, Shawn Marion, Barbosa and Jimmy Jackson. Joe was out with a horrible face injury so we basically played six players. So what is your excuse for last year besides thinking the refs robbed you of the title? :lol

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 04:53 PM

Just admit it, your team choked big time!

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 04:59 PM
so we basically played six players.

Whose fault is that? Apparently your GM and coach did a shit job of putting a team together if you only had 6 guys who could contribute. Go out and get yourself a bench!

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 05:00 PM
Just admit it, your team choked big time!

and your team never even made it.

ponky
02-27-2007, 05:00 PM
Guess you don't know much about the Phoenix Suns. They have been to the finals two times. Once in 1976 against the Celtics and in 1993 against the Bulls.

oh yeah, i forgot about the 1993 suns...not only did they have the best record in 2005, they also had it in 1993 and both times, they imploded

dang, you are going mid-school with those stats...so since you mentioned the pistons having the best record and choking as if that's any comfort when it comes to the mavs this year, don't forget about the teams with the best record and the trophy...92 bulls, 96 bulls, 97 bulls and in case you wanna roll your eyes because you think jordan is a god, let's looka t more recent times...'99 spurs, '00 lakers, '03 spurs

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 05:02 PM

I was talking about this generation Suns team. Who give a flying fuck about 1993? If you're clinging to 1993 then you're more pathetic than I thought.

ponky
02-27-2007, 05:04 PM
Let's see, who was on that team? Nash, Amare, Joe Johnson, Quentin Richardson, Shawn Marion, Barbosa and Jimmy Jackson. Joe was out with a horrible face injury so we basically played six players. So what is your excuse for last year besides thinking the refs robbed you of the title? :lol

hmmm, where did i say that i thought the refs robbed us of the title last year? wow, you're really stretching now.

joe johnson was out the first two games of the wcf, he played heavy minutes by the third game of that series and was a contributor

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 05:06 PM
and your team never even made it.

You can talk all the shit you want but it is pretty sad to be so happy to beat a team without Amare, Kurt Thomas(defensive guy) and with Raja dragging a leg around the court and not even playing in a few of the games against the Mavs. I don't even think your team could have made it past the second round without Dirk and two of your other guys of choice injured. If you think about it this way, we beat your team with six guys in 2005 and you had your whole team if I remember correctly. So what is your excuse?

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 05:09 PM
hmmm, where did i say that i thought the refs robbed us of the title last year? wow, you're really stretching now.

joe johnson was out the first two games of the wcf, he played heavy minutes by the third game of that series and was a contributor

Right, you think Joe Johnson was totally healthy mentally or physically? Still was only six players against a full team.

If it wasn't you thinking the refs robbed your team of the title then it was a bunch of your Mav buddies. :lol

Xylus
02-27-2007, 05:09 PM
More proof that almost all Mavericks fans are incapable of civilized discussion. Where's JMark when you need him? :rolleyes

The regular season isn't over yet and monosylab is already predicting the outcome of this year's Finals. Seems pretty foolish to me. It's going to take a combination of determination, skill, versatility, health, and some luck to win the Finals. Last year, it looked like the Mavs had it all after they beat the Spurs, but look how that turned out. In '04, it looked like the Lakers were going to wrap up another championship, but the Pistons came out of nowhere.

Point is, you can't be completely sure about your team until they've actually won it. Neither of our teams have won it, so why have this discussion?

On another note, the Suns have had two good chances so far to make it to the Finals. In '05, it was Nash's first year, so they still had a lot of growing to do as a team. In '06, the Suns were decimated by injuries, and overachieved. Even Suns fans didn't expect them to do as well as they did. Now it's '07. This could be our year, this could be someone else's year. It's not up to us to decide.

ponky
02-27-2007, 05:10 PM
You can talk all the shit you want but it is pretty sad to be so happy to beat a team without Amare, Kurt Thomas(defensive guy) and with Raja dragging a leg around the court and not even playing in a few of the games against the Mavs. I don't even think your team could have made it past the second round without Dirk and two of your other guys of choice injured. If you think about it this way, we beat your team with six guys in 2005 and you had your whole team if I remember correctly. So what is your excuse?

lmfao, you were also fortunate to play the grizzlies in the first round and sweep them while we played a seven game series against some real competition...anwyay, that's not an excuse, it's just a response to your silliness about joe johnson....is that why you guys lost in a HUGE way to the spurs in the wcf? joe johnson was back by the third game, what happened?

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 05:10 PM
I was talking about this generation Suns team. Who give a flying fuck about 1993? If you're clinging to 1993 then you're more pathetic than I thought.

Simply responding to your post saying the Suns had never been to the finals.

ponky
02-27-2007, 05:12 PM
Right, you think Joe Johnson was totally healthy mentally or physically? Still was only six players against a full team.

If it wasn't you thinking the refs robbed your team of the title then it was a bunch of your Mav buddies. :lol

oh my bad, last time i checked you were allowed a full roster, i guess the suns are too stupid to have a roster full of talent...yes, jj was fine, he played 37 minutes in that third game against the spurs and contributed

oh yeah, i'm still waiting for that link to where i bitched about the refs in the finals...i'll check back later, don't p*ssy out

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 05:12 PM
lmfao, you were also fortunate to play the grizzlies in the first round and sweep them while we played a seven game series against some real competition...anwyay, that's not an excuse, it's just a response to your silliness about joe johnson....is that why you guys lost in a HUGE way to the spurs in the wcf? joe johnson was back by the third game, what happened?

You really are dense aren't you? How many teams could have won against the Spurs with basically six players? I would like to see your team even make it there with six players.

pussyface
02-27-2007, 05:15 PM

translation: injuries are not a part of the game. beating a team with injuries is not even worth doing...you might as well just let them win as a courtesy, because their fans won't believe that you could have beaten them with a full roster.

great points. you clearly have a lot of interesting things to say.

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 05:16 PM
oh my bad, last time i checked you were allowed a full roster, i guess the suns are too stupid to have a roster full of talent...yes, jj was fine, he played 37 minutes in that third game against the spurs and contributed

oh yeah, i'm still waiting for that link to where i bitched about the refs in the finals...i'll check back later, don't p*ssy out

Post #129 bitch!

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 05:20 PM
translation: injuries are not a part of the game. beating a team with injuries is not even worth doing...you might as well just let them win as a courtesy, because their fans won't believe that you could have beaten them with a full roster.

great points. you clearly have a lot of interesting things to say.

Like you ever do? :sleep

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 05:21 PM
The regular season isn't over yet and monosylab is already predicting the outcome of this year's Finals.

Isn't that what fucking predictions are for? To say what you THINK will happen before it happens?

Jesus Fucking Christ are all Suns fans REALLY this obtuse?

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 05:22 PM
Isn't that what fucking predictions are for? To say what you THINK will happen before it happens?

Are all Mav fans really this arrogant?

Xylus
02-27-2007, 05:23 PM

There's a difference between predicting what might happen and saying what will happen without any shred of uncertainty. That's not confidence, that's just plain arrogance. (Especially when you use that prediction to mock a fan of another team.)

And again, learn some self-control. I say something that conflicts with things you've said and you fly off the handle. No need for it, son.

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 05:24 PM
You really are dense aren't you? How many teams could have won against the Spurs with basically six players? I would like to see your team even make it there with six players.

We would never have to. Our GM and coach went out and got some BENCH PLAYERS. If a few guys go out with injury we can plug other guys in there. They may not be as good but they can still keep our team competitive.

Having only 6 competent players to run out there was YOUR TEAM'S fault, and it's no excuse.

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 05:28 PM
There's a difference between predicting what might happen and saying what will happen without any shred of uncertainty. That's not confidence, that's just plain arrogance. (Especially when you use that prediction to mock a fan of another team.)

Then get it right. You mention predicting in one post and then arrogance in this one. What the fuck are you talking about now? Yeah, I said the Mavs will win it this year. I believe that this will happen. Is there uncertainty? Yes. But no uncertainty about the Suns. I will ARROGANTLY proclaim that the Mavericks will kick the fucking dog shit out of the Suns if they meet in the playoffs. Mark my words RIGHT FUCKIN' NOW. Meanwhile, the Spurs are another story, I fear the Spurs very much and won't be so ARROGANT with them.

And again, learn some self-control. I say something that conflicts with things you've said and you fly off the handle. No need for it, son.

Oh, go fuck yourself you piece of shit. I'm sorry that what I post on a message board hurts your tiny little vagina so badly.

Seriously, Spurs fans are so much more fun to talk shit with. The only thing bad about them is that they like the Spurs.

Chris Childs
02-27-2007, 05:30 PM
This is my first time seeing this topic today and do the mavs really want this guy?

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s117/ByrdManFly/regg.jpghttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s117/ByrdManFly/quark.jpg

mabber
02-27-2007, 05:31 PM
This is my first time seeing this topic today and do the mavs really want this guy?
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s117/ByrdManFly/regg.jpghttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s117/ByrdManFly/quark.jpg

I highly doubt it.

Xylus
02-27-2007, 05:35 PM
Oh, go fuck yourself you piece of shit. I'm sorry that what I post on a message board hurts your tiny little vagina so badly.
Level-headedness will allow your arguments to appear much more logical and more thought-out than if you spew curse words at me. Can't you see, I'm trying to help you mature so you can actually beat someone in an intellectual argument rather than beat them with blunt words. :blah

But I can see that I'm not getting through to you. You'll continue to parade your arrogance like it's a good thing, and others will continue to see you as nothing more than a loud-mouthed homer.

dallaskd
02-27-2007, 05:36 PM
id love to land reggie. he probably can still shoot and brings back a veteren we lost when we traded AJ. Just one year so he can win a ring. Hes one of my all time favs. If he can run and play defense id much rather have him than pippen.

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 05:38 PM
I'm trying to help you mature so you can actually beat someone in an intellectual argument rather than beat them with blunt words.

Who the fuck comes to SpursTalk to engage in mature, intellectual argument?

You really do have a vagina don't you? I'm sorry ma'am, I generally am much more polite to the ladies.

Xylus
02-27-2007, 05:39 PM
Who the fuck comes to SpursTalk to engage in mature, intellectual argument?
Valid point.

It's difficult to find any basketball message board these days where mature debate is welcomed.

dallaskd
02-27-2007, 05:39 PM
his picture is a fetus.

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 05:41 PM
Valid point.

It's difficult to find any basketball message board these days where mature debate is welcomed.

Maybe that's because sports aren't meant to be maturely debated. If you want that, go find yourself a global warming message board and maturely debate away. Enjoy your day, ma'am.

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 05:43 PM
his picture is a fetus.

haha HER picture is a fetus. Actually it's the cover of a Sigur Ros album. I do approve of that.

pussyface
02-27-2007, 05:46 PM
that nashfan guy is really a one-note sunsfanman partisan.

G-Money
02-27-2007, 06:43 PM
Reggie should stay retired. So should Pippen.

BigBinBigD
02-27-2007, 06:43 PM
Injuries are part of the game. I'm so tired if this we didn't have so-and-so crap it's killing me.

Part of building a team is getting good role/bench players. Running and gunning for 35-40 minutes a night is more likely to get guys hurt. You don't get guys who can fill in when injuries happen, that's your fault. To be fair, I can't stand when I hear the Mavs woulda won in 2004 against SA if Dirk wasn't hurt. He was, we lost. Somebody else shoulda stepped up. Didn't happen. Get over it.

Xylus
02-27-2007, 07:03 PM
Injuries are part of the game. I'm so tired if this we didn't have so-and-so crap it's killing me.

Part of building a team is getting good role/bench players. Running and gunning for 35-40 minutes a night is more likely to get guys hurt. You don't get guys who can fill in when injuries happen, that's your fault. To be fair, I can't stand when I hear the Mavs woulda won in 2004 against SA if Dirk wasn't hurt. He was, we lost. Somebody else shoulda stepped up. Didn't happen. Get over it.
Running and gunning has no connection to injuries. If anything, Suns players are better conditioned to play that style than anyone else. Players get hurt because of their own physical weaknesses or because of in-game accidents, not because of the style of game they play.

stretch
02-27-2007, 07:35 PM
Running and gunning has no connection to injuries. If anything, Suns players are better conditioned to play that style than anyone else. Players get hurt because of their own physical weaknesses or because of in-game accidents, not because of the style of game they play.
You are an idiot. Over the course of 82 games, that style of play WILL take a toll on your body, and raise the chances of you getting hurt. You must be really fucking retarded to think that playing that style has no connections to injury. Anyone who knows anything about health knows that the more tired your body and muscles are, the more vulnerable you are to injury.

TheMulvany
02-27-2007, 07:49 PM
So, wait, its not ok when Reggie Miller does it...but its ok when Michael Finley, Brent Barry, and Nick Van Exel do it? The only reason those broken down has beens went to the Spurs was to win a title. They didn't retire, but they took less money for a ring. It's the same thing. I don't like when players do it either, and Reggie would be a douche if he did it, but you need to put guys like Gary Payton, Karl Malone, and Chris Webber into that category, too.

No one wants to help a team win a title. They just want to get a free ring.

leemajors
02-27-2007, 07:53 PM
didn't cuban talk about adding reggie this time last year too? (this was prob mentioned already but i don't want to read the whole thread.)

Xylus
02-27-2007, 08:08 PM
You are an idiot. Over the course of 82 games, that style of play WILL take a toll on your body, and raise the chances of you getting hurt. You must be really fucking retarded to think that playing that style has no connections to injury. Anyone who knows anything about health knows that the more tired your body and muscles are, the more vulnerable you are to injury.
They are less vulnerable to injury because they're more conditioned to play that style. It's why the Suns constantly tire inferior teams out, because they simply can't keep up with the athleticism and speed of the Suns.

It might tire a guy like Nash out, who is older and has had injuries linger long before he got to Phoenix. But I haven't seen a single case where the Suns faster tempo has been the cause of an injury.

RonMexico
02-27-2007, 08:40 PM
jho needs to learn how to land on ground instead of feet

Let's just be honest, that was terrible shot selection on Howard's part. He knows hitting 3 pointers in someone's face isn't his game and he proved it by missing everything but the backboard on that shot.

dallaskd
02-27-2007, 08:42 PM
but if players like bowen dont come up under his feet all the time then its not a problem exept for the reason you mentioned.

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 09:53 PM

I think grind it out games are more harmful to the players bodies than the run and gun style. Coach doesn't make them practice for long periods of time like some coaches so they can save their legs for games. The way the east plays is more likely to cause injury.

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 10:40 PM
I think grind it out games are more harmful to the players bodies than the run and gun style. Coach doesn't make them practice for long periods of time like some coaches so they can save their legs for games. The way the east plays is more likely to cause injury.

:rolleyesYeah, that explains why Detroit has had such a problem with injuries every year, right? :lol Even Antonio McDyess stays healthy on that team...

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 10:43 PM
They are less vulnerable to injury because they're more conditioned to play that style. It's why the Suns constantly tire inferior teams out, because they simply can't keep up with the athleticism and speed of the Suns.

It might tire a guy like Nash out, who is older and has had injuries linger long before he got to Phoenix. But I haven't seen a single case where the Suns faster tempo has been the cause of an injury.

And somehow each year in the playoffs, injuries have been the excuse...

ponky
02-27-2007, 10:55 PM
Post #129 bitch!

:lmao, way to edit the post and make it sound like you never said this...you can see the edits dummy...btw, lol at the *bitch* reference...first pussy, now bitch, stay classy

Xylus
02-27-2007, 11:02 PM
And somehow each year in the playoffs, injuries have been the excuse...
Like I said, it has more to do with personal, physical weakness and random accidents during the game.

stretch
02-27-2007, 11:03 PM

never did i say that it WILL cause an injury. but you are more prone to have an injury if your body is worn down. any fucking moron knows that.

Xylus
02-27-2007, 11:07 PM
never did i say that it WILL cause an injury. but you are more prone to have an injury if your body is worn down. any fucking moron knows that.
Glad I don't think like a fucking moron then. :blah

stretch
02-27-2007, 11:09 PM
Glad I don't think like a fucking moron then. :blah
Ok. If you arent, then why do you keep insisting on being fucking retarded?

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 11:10 PM
Like I said, it has more to do with personal, physical weakness and random accidents during the game.

Except that your team is the only contender out there that has half their team injured come playoff time. Well Denver too, but they're not really contenders.

RonMexico
02-27-2007, 11:12 PM
And Miami has everyone from coach to star player injured to too fat...

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 11:13 PM
:lmao, way to edit the post and make it sound like you never said this...you can see the edits dummy...btw, lol at the *bitch* reference...first pussy, now bitch, stay classy

I didn't edit the post to make it sound like I never said it. I edited the post because I put the wrong post number in. Think before you write, would you?

stretch
02-27-2007, 11:14 PM
Then why is it that every year, the Suns have injuries come playoff time, but grind-out teams are typically healthy? Kindly shut the fuck up.

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 11:17 PM
Then why is it that every year, the Suns have injuries come playoff time, but grind-out teams are typically healthy? Kindly shut the fuck up.

:stfu

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 11:28 PM
:stfu

He's officially run out of excuses. Thank goodness. Have a good night everyone.

RonMexico
02-27-2007, 11:37 PM

Grind out teams aren't "always" healthy - I know Spurs had some injuries come playoff time before. You're going to try and say Joe Johnson's facial injury was because his body was so worn down?

Raja's maybe because he snapped his calf on a jumper with no one around, but Joe's was just an accident... which sucked.

Nash was definitely worn down last year, but in '05, I think the Suns just weren't deep or skilled enough as a team (esp. without Joe Johnson) to get past the Spurs and screwed themselves by going down 3-0.

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 11:38 PM
He's officially run out of excuses. Thank goodness. Have a good night everyone.

No, just tired of your nonsense! :lol

Nashfan
02-27-2007, 11:39 PM
Grind out teams aren't "always" healthy - I know Spurs had some injuries come playoff time before. You're going to try and say Joe Johnson's facial injury was because his body was so worn down?

Raja's maybe because he snapped his calf on a jumper with no one around, but Joe's was just an accident... which sucked.

Nash was definitely worn down last year, but in '05, I think the Suns just weren't deep or skilled enough as a team (esp. without Joe Johnson) to get past the Spurs and screwed themselves by going down 3-0.

I think Raja's was a freak accident.

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 11:41 PM
Grind out teams aren't "always" healthy

he never said always, he said typically. and typically they are. see detroit.

stretch
02-27-2007, 11:56 PM

How many major injuries have the Spurs ever had going into the playoffs? All I can recall was the "plantair fascilitis" (or however you spell it) that Duncan had last year, yet he still managed to go out and take play at another level. no excuses, nothing (well, a few whiny Spurs fans here and there made the excuse, but the majority of Spurs fans were very good about not making excuses, which is why i have FAR more respect for them, as opposed to whiny-ass Suns fans, who have nothing EXCEPT excuses for everything).

RonMexico
02-27-2007, 11:57 PM
he never said always, he said typically. and typically they are. see detroit.

"strech speak 101"

"typically" = "always"

"kindly" = "i hate you dickface"

RonMexico
02-27-2007, 11:58 PM
How many major injuries have the Spurs ever had going into the playoffs? All I can recall was the "plantair fascilitis" (or however you spell it) that Duncan had last year, yet he still managed to go out and take play at another level. no excuses, nothing (well, a few whiny Spurs fans here and there made the excuse, but the majority of Spurs fans were very good about not making excuses, which is why i have FAR more respect for them, as opposed to whiny-ass Suns fans, who have nothing EXCEPT excuses for everything).

In 2000, when Duncan was out for the playoffs and they didn't defend their title and lost to the Suns 3-1 in the first round.

stretch
02-28-2007, 12:04 AM
In 2000, when Duncan was out for the playoffs and they didn't defend their title and lost to the Suns 3-1 in the first round.
Okay. ONE time. not several injuries like you said. ONE. Again, like i said, typically these teams dont have to worry about too many major injuries. Then if you look at the Suns... all you see are injuries. Yes, some are fluke, but some are actual muscular and tendon issues, which can very likely be a result of weakened muscles due to a grueling season with a grueling style of play.

stretch
02-28-2007, 12:05 AM
"strech speak 101"

"typically" = "always"

"kindly" = "i hate you dickface"
dude, the one time i actually TRY to be civil with you and debate normally, you go and fuck it up.

RonMexico
02-28-2007, 12:59 AM
dude, the one time i actually TRY to be civil with you and debate normally, you go and fuck it up.

Just like Kobe always needs Shaq

And Biggie always needed Tupac

And [insert famous pop combo here]

Please_dont_ban_me
02-28-2007, 05:31 AM
He's not really a spot up shooter. In Indiana they would run plays for him coming off picks.

Two problems with that in Dallas: 1) They already have enough threats. They're not going to run plays for him. 2) While he was in Indiana, he was one of the best conditioned athletes in the NBA. Is he anywhere near as conditioned to still do that? I doubt it.

J.T.
02-28-2007, 07:26 AM
Scottie Pippen forum

Wouldn't mind Reggie coming back, I always liked him. Wouldn't be as dumb as Scottie coming back either, but still. Retired players should stay retired.

BUMP
10-19-2010, 02:26 PM
too old, imo

Jose Canseco
10-19-2010, 02:27 PM
more clutch than Dirk imo

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-19-2010, 02:30 PM
lol stretch used to be pretty retarded, Spurs fans have made more excuses than anyone else the last few years.

Stern hates our small market :cry
Manu was injured :cry
Parker was injured :cry
Lakers are meanies for unfair trades :cry

BUMP
10-19-2010, 02:36 PM
It's weird to see the differences of posting styles over the years.

When I first joined in early 2006, I said some retarded stuff and got butthurt really easily.....I was in fucking 10th grade when I joined :lmao

history2b
10-19-2010, 02:38 PM

And joining the Mavericks would give him the chance to do about the only thing he never did in his illustrious career – win a championship.:lmao:lmao:lmao

Zero shot at winning a championship this year with the Mavericks that's for sure.

The closest he'll ever come to winning a 'ship is the 2000 NBA Finals.

/thread

Phillip
10-19-2010, 02:46 PM
lol stretch used to be pretty retarded, Spurs fans have made more excuses than anyone else the last few years.

Stern hates our small market :cry
Manu was injured :cry
Parker was injured :cry
Lakers are meanies for unfair trades :cry

you dont realize just how bad the suns fans around here were back in those days, and the spurs fans were considerably more tolerable.

suns fans for a while were by far the worst fans on the board. those days were quite fun for regulators around here, because it was a daily occurence that a sun fan would get regulated. those actually may have been the golden days for regulators on Spurstalk.

Phillip
10-19-2010, 02:47 PM
It's weird to see the differences of posting styles over the years.

When I first joined in early 2006, I said some retarded stuff and got butthurt really easily.....I was in fucking 10th grade when I joined :lmao

rofl it is funny. today i would regulate the shit out of my 2006 self.

Ignorant Spurs fan
10-19-2010, 03:27 PM
Wow just another loser to the Chokericks. The Spurs have class so we would never sign a choker and a loser like Miller

lol 8th seed :lmao

lol 2-0 lead

lol Jason "old man" Kidd

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-19-2010, 04:06 PM
you dont realize just how bad the suns fans around here were back in those days, and the spurs fans were considerably more tolerable.

suns fans for a while were by far the worst fans on the board. those days were quite fun for regulators around here, because it was a daily occurence that a sun fan would get regulated. those actually may have been the golden days for regulators on Spurstalk.
This isn't about Suns fans, it's about the retarded notion Spurs fans don't make excuses, when they're is a cult of Spurs fans on this site that believe they'd be working on a 10-peat if not for the refs/injuries.

Phillip
10-19-2010, 04:10 PM
This isn't about Suns fans, it's about the retarded notion Spurs fans don't make excuses, when they're is a cult of Spurs fans on this site that believe they'd be working on a 10-peat if not for the refs/injuries.

yes, but that cult grew quite a bit since I posted that. it wasnt quite as bad back then.

BUMP
10-19-2010, 04:11 PM
yes, but that cult grew quite a bit since I posted that. it wasnt quite as bad back then.

I would say it was worse back then since the Spurs were actually a contender and Black SpurFan resided in the NBA Forum before LakerFan came and Grey SpurFan took their place.

But I do agree that the Pre-DoK Suns fans were absolutely retarded (with a few exceptions)

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-19-2010, 04:12 PM
So both teams have fan bases that make excuses when they lose. Go figure.

As dumb as the excuses Sunfan makes (and trust me I know all about how retarded their excuses are), I've never seen a Suns fan who's come up with conspiracy theories as nutty and retarded as the ones Galileo and Faggs have come up with.

Phillip
10-19-2010, 04:16 PM
I would say it was worse back then since the Spurs were actually a contender and Black SpurFan resided in the NBA Forum before LakerFan came and Grey SpurFan took their place.

But I do agree that the Pre-DoK Suns fans were absolutely retarded (with a few exceptions)

you could be right. it may just be that it seems more frequent that we see retarded spurfan claims because now there has been such a surge of lakerfans who do all the ring smack and other crap that spurfans resort to their excuse bullshit.

Phillip
10-19-2010, 04:16 PM
So both teams have fan bases that make excuses when they lose. Go figure.

As dumb as the excuses Sunfan makes (and trust me I know all about how retarded their excuses are), I've never seen a Suns fan who's come up with conspiracy theories as nutty and retarded as the ones Galileo and Faggs have come up with.

:toast

BadOdor
10-19-2010, 04:21 PM
Tbh I think we can all agree that rocket fan is easily the dumbest fan base. Despite being 1/20 of the laker fan base, they hold their own in retardation and stupidity.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-19-2010, 04:32 PM
While we're talking about dumb fanbases, I will say Pistonfan is by far the most overrated fan base. Jamstone consistently brings the goods as well as a few others, but Bob Lanier and Darrin are two of the dumbest motherfuckers on this site. They really aren't stupid as a fanbase, but the way they're hyped up to be all knowing basketball gods on this site is ridiculous. They bring as much Kobe > Jordan stupidity to the table as Lakerfan does, and I've seen several circle jerks among Pistons fans on this site about how much they love games that have a final score of 43 to 57.

Phillip
10-19-2010, 04:34 PM
tbh i think we can all agree that rocket fan is easily the dumbest fan base. Despite being 1/20 of the laker fan base, they hold their own in retardation and stupidity.

+1

Phillip
10-19-2010, 04:35 PM
While we're talking about dumb fanbases, I will say Pistonfan is by far the most overrated fan base. Jamstone consistently brings the goods as well as a few others, but Bob Lanier and Darrin are two of the dumbest motherfuckers on this site. They really aren't stupid as a fanbase, but the way they're hyped up to be all knowing basketball gods on this site is ridiculous. They bring as much Kobe > Jordan stupidity to the table as Lakerfan does, and I've seen several circle jerks among Pistons fans on this site about how much they love games that have a final score of 43 to 57.

So when it's all said and done, the best fanbase on Spurstalk unquestionably, are the Mavs fans.

:lobt2:

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-19-2010, 04:37 PM
So when it's all said and done, the best fanbase on Spurstalk unquestionably, are the Mavs fans.

:lobt2:

Any fanbase with a 27 year old virgin is automatically disqualified. Sorry.

BadOdor
10-19-2010, 08:36 PM

Sons you still butthurt about Bob Lanier because of "6 rebound ecstasy"?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
10-19-2010, 10:04 PM
I hated Bob Lanier long before that, he's one of the dumbest people on this site. He also hates Jews so idk why you like him so much tbh.

Trainwreck2100
10-19-2010, 10:10 PM
Spurfan got real stupid after 07