PDA

View Full Version : It's WHAT'S FOR BREAKFAST

trueD
02-27-2007, 12:25 PM
Two packages of Quaker Weight Control Cinnamon oatmeal with 6 tablespoons of brown sugar and just enough milk to make it all real mushy, chased with a mug of Simply Orange high pulp O.J., does it get any better?

ShoogarBear
02-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Having regularity problems?

trueD
02-27-2007, 12:27 PM
Having regularity problems?
Maybe. But wholly not associated with eating, more mid-life crisis stuff.

edit: I SWEAR to GAWD I'm going to get this internet socializing thing down without reeking of sarcasm .....

katyon6th
02-27-2007, 12:58 PM
Kashi Honey Almond Flax cereal is better than that mushy stuff.

trueD
02-27-2007, 01:02 PM
Honey Almond Flax? Sounds very medicinal ...

jaespur21
02-27-2007, 01:02 PM
id go old school. A nice fluffy pancake, 2 eggs and sausage links. chased down w/simply orange. i agree with ya there simply orange is the best. numero uno

CuckingFunt
02-27-2007, 01:03 PM
Kashi Honey Almond Flax cereal is better than that mushy stuff.I like the plain, boring, original Puffed Kashi better than the new fancy Kashi cereals.

trueD
02-27-2007, 01:06 PM
id go old school. A nice fluffy pancake, 2 eggs and sausage links. chased down w/simply orange. i agree with ya there simply orange is the best. numero uno You gotta love eggs/pancake/sausage, all flavors covered with hot maple syrup and taken on the fork in equal amounts. :)

Suggestion: With just a pancake and the syrup, spread peanut butter on the pancake first. My young daughter brought this practice home from a friend of hers years ago, and it stuck.

CuckingFunt
02-27-2007, 01:07 PM
Peanut butter on pancakes is the shizznit. I've been doing that since I was a kid.

trueD
02-27-2007, 01:14 PM
Peanut butter on pancakes is the shizznit. I've been doing that since I was a kid.I was deprived as a kid. Never had a real pancake unless it was our once-a-year breakfast out at IHOP (which, at the time, was never less than The International House of Pancakes). Then, choices were limited to strawberry or blueberry syrup for variety purposes, remember? They were gross, it's just wrong to combine pancakes with fruit in any fashion!

trueD
02-27-2007, 01:17 PM
Another breakfast of champions is a real english muffin with margarine and two-year old cheese wiz (who ever finishes that stuff?), chased with apple juice.

katyon6th
02-27-2007, 01:18 PM
trueD, you are so wrong! Strawberry pancakes from The Cracker Barrel are fucking ridiculously goooooooooooooooood. I'm serious.

trueD
02-27-2007, 01:23 PM
Pancakes from "The Cracker Barrel?" :lol

Not even whipped cream on top does it for me.

trueD
02-27-2007, 01:24 PM
To me, the deliciousness of the pancake itself gets lost on the tastebuds if I have to process acidic fruit at the same time. That's why milk is the only good chaser for pancakes.

jaespur21
02-27-2007, 01:28 PM
Suggestion: With just a pancake and the syrup, spread peanut butter on the pancake first. My young daughter brought this practice home from a friend of hers years ago, and it stuck.

yeah i like choco milk with my pancakes....but i also like peanut butter also ill give that a try thanks

ashbeeigh
02-27-2007, 01:32 PM
I had the Cinnamon Weight Control Oatmeal yesterday, just prepared normal with a glass of milk. :tu But, I've given up nutrasweet for lent. I noticed it has nutra sweet in it so I'm fucked.

Today it was fruity cheerios and a banana.

And I will have to try peanut butter on pancakes. I adore peanut butter.

Mixability
02-27-2007, 01:36 PM
french toast>>>>>>>>>>>>>>pancakes

:ihit

trueD
02-27-2007, 01:37 PM
I had the Cinnamon Weight Control Oatmeal yesterday, just prepared normal with a glass of milk. :tu But, I've given up nutrasweet for lent. I noticed it has nutra sweet in it so I'm fucked.

Today it was fruity cheerios and a banana.

And I will have to try peanut butter on pancakes. I adore peanut butter.
The Weight Control has nutra sweet? :lol I guess adding those 6 TBSP's of brown sugar wasn't necessary after all, could have actually settled for 4.

Fruit on dry cereal, now we're talking!

Can you have sugar, cause sugar ain't nutra sweet. What's the deal there?

ashbeeigh
02-27-2007, 01:41 PM
The Weight Control has nutra sweet? :lol I guess adding those 6 TBSP's of brown sugar wasn't necessary after all, could have actually settled for 4.

Fruit on dry cereal, now we're talking!

Can you have sugar, cause sugar ain't nutra sweet. What's the deal there?

I have a bad reaction to it. I itch and get muscle spasms after I have it. I might even continue to not eat it after lent if it stops completely.

Sugar is lovely. It's worse for me, but it's wonderful.:) And yeah, you could have stopped after the 4th!

The banana with the cereal is so good. The fruity cheerios is like a combination of fruit loops and cherrios, but healthy.

trueD
02-27-2007, 01:47 PM
I have a bad reaction to it. I itch and get muscle spasms after I have it. I might even continue to not eat it after lent if it stops completely.

Sugar is lovely. It's worse for me, but it's wonderful.:) And yeah, you could have stopped after the 4th!

The banana with the cereal is so good. The fruity cheerios is like a combination of fruit loops and cherrios, but healthy.

Well lucky for you Lent rolled around, now you don't have to itch and spasm. :lol

I'm like that too, the only fruit worth doing the cereal topping thing with is bananas. Banana's with milk and white sugar even work for me.

"Fruity" cheerios? I take back everything I said. Even Fruit Loops hold no appeal to me. Good (bad) carbs should not be polluted with fruit, imo.

ggoose25
02-27-2007, 02:34 PM
are you guys kidding!?

you can't beat huevos rancheros over easy with fried papas, refried beans, two tortillas and a cup of coffee

Mixability
02-27-2007, 02:36 PM
are you guys kidding!?

you can't beat huevos rancheros over easy with fried papas, refried beans, two tortillas and a cup of coffee

replace the papas with bacon and the coffee with a big red and :tu

CuckingFunt
02-27-2007, 02:38 PM
And that's why you are fat :jackAnd you'd know this... how, exactly?

CuckingFunt
02-27-2007, 02:39 PM
replace the papas with bacon and the coffee with a big red and :tuIs Big Red that nasty red soda? I see it written here all the time and the first thing that comes to mind is the gum.

Spurfect
02-27-2007, 02:42 PM
are you advertising for Quaker and Simply Orange or what? :lol

Mixability
02-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Is Big Red that nasty red soda? I see it written here all the time and the first thing that comes to mind is the gum.

Its a soda for "upscale" Mexicans. The rest drink Red Flash.

CuckingFunt
02-27-2007, 02:46 PM
Its a soda for "upscale" Mexicans. The rest drink Red Flash.I've never seen it in California, but I was amazed when I saw it selling in 3 liter bottles when visiting family in St. Louis.

trueD
02-27-2007, 03:36 PM
are you advertising for Quaker and Simply Orange or what? :lol

Nope, just trying to prove that I am sociable to spite my mid-life crisis. :lol

P.S. ggoose25, huevos rancheros rock for breakfast!

ShoogarBear
02-27-2007, 05:29 PM
Its a soda for "upscale" Mexicans. The rest drink Red Flash.Messicans? Booshwah. It's the official drink of the East Saayiiiiide!

ShoogarBear
02-27-2007, 05:29 PM
I've never seen it in California, but I was amazed when I saw it selling in 3 liter bottles when visiting family in St. Louis.Oh, man. I need some St. Louie connections.

Mixability
02-27-2007, 05:47 PM
Messicans? Booshwah. It's the official drink of the East Saayiiiiide!

I thought that was Orange Crush?

CuckingFunt
02-27-2007, 05:48 PM
Its a soda for "upscale" Mexicans. The rest drink Red Flash.Where does Fanta rank?

Mixability
02-27-2007, 05:49 PM
Where does Fanta rank?

The mexicans that say it "fahntah" deserve to be shot.

ggoose25
02-27-2007, 05:53 PM
fanta ranks right above those 20 year old plaza sodas they used to sell in HEB

ShoogarBear
02-27-2007, 05:56 PM
I thought that was Orange Crush?Orange and grape are good, too, but nothing beats that red soda wata!

BTW, worst soda ever, not even close:

http://www.foodservicedirect.com/productimages/OT273659S.JPG

ggoose25
02-27-2007, 06:02 PM
Orange and grape are good, too, but nothing beats that red soda wata!

BTW, worst soda ever, not even close:

http://www.foodservicedirect.com/productimages/OT273659S.JPG

:lol that is absolutely disgusting :drunk

trueD
02-28-2007, 02:35 AM
Soda is "WHAT'S FOR BREAKFAST", but only when there's leftover pizza involved.

But Shasta IS pretty lame. It reminds me why, as a single mother trying to feed two kids on one salary, we didn't do soda.

The Sun
02-28-2007, 07:39 AM
I'm just glad that some of you take your breakfast seriously.

ObiwanGinobili
02-28-2007, 08:44 AM
handfull of fresh blueberries covered in 1 cup of low fat vanilla yogurt topped with cinamon and drizzled with honey.

ObiwanGinobili
02-28-2007, 08:46 AM
big red RAWKS!
I've lived here long enough that I've turned to the darkside.

leemajors
02-28-2007, 10:08 AM
Messicans? Booshwah. It's the official drink of the East Saayiiiiide!

it's also a staple at BBQ joints in the hill country. nothing like brisket, ribs, sausage, white texas toast and big red.

leemajors
02-28-2007, 10:09 AM
trueD, you are so wrong! Strawberry pancakes from The Cracker Barrel are fucking ridiculously goooooooooooooooood. I'm serious.

it's all about Kerbey Lane pancakes.

TheSanityAnnex
02-28-2007, 11:00 AM
Dos XX's Lager.