PDA

View Full Version : #1 seeds right now

samikeyp
02-27-2007, 05:38 PM
If the selection show were tonight...who do you think would get the #1 seeds?

My predictions:

East-UNC
Midwest-Ohio State
South-Florida
West-UCLA

It was asked here earlier and I have to agree....if A&M beat Kansas in Lawrence...how are the Jayhawks ranked higher? I have no love for the Ags but that just doesn't seem right.

SrA Husker
02-27-2007, 06:21 PM
A - KU has won out since the A&M loss, A&M has lost to inferior competition

B - With the exception of last night, KU has whooped ass against their competition, A&M not as much so

C - Kansas has beat Florida.

JMarkJohns
02-27-2007, 06:24 PM
East: Florida (as long as they win the SEC Tournament)
Midwest: Ohio State (are locks)
South: Texas A&M (Need to win Big-12 Tournament)
West: Washington State (Will win the Pac-10 Tournament)

Some bold predictions, I think, but that's the way I see it. I don't think UNC wins the ACC tournament and do feel Florida wins the SEC's. A&M vs. Kansas is a toss up, but I like the steady, heady play of A&M to go further in the Big-12 Tournament than Kansas' manic play. UCLA is the favorite in th Pac-10 Tournament. They will certainly be a tough beat, but they haven't controlled games the way Washington State has. They've had several close calls. I think Wazzu pulls off the surprise.

Jimcs50
02-27-2007, 06:39 PM
I actually want A&M to be in West.

I want to play UCLA over any othet #1 seed.

JMarkJohns
02-27-2007, 06:41 PM
UCLA is vulnerable, which is why I have Wazzu beating them in the Tournament.

JMarkJohns
03-02-2007, 12:15 AM
East: Florida (as long as they win the SEC Tournament)
Midwest: Ohio State (are locks)
South: Texas A&M (Need to win Big-12 Tournament)
West: Washington State (Will win the Pac-10 Tournament)

Some bold predictions, I think, but that's the way I see it. I don't think UNC wins the ACC tournament and do feel Florida wins the SEC's. A&M vs. Kansas is a toss up, but I like the steady, heady play of A&M to go further in the Big-12 Tournament than Kansas' manic play. UCLA is the favorite in th Pac-10 Tournament. They will certainly be a tough beat, but they haven't controlled games the way Washington State has. They've had several close calls. I think Wazzu pulls off the surprise.

Since this prediction, every team that's played has lost. crap... Buckeyes better watch their asses. :dramaquee

Jimcs50
03-02-2007, 10:51 AM
North Carolina lost to Ga Tech last night...they can not be #1 seed now, as they will not even win the conference.

samikeyp
03-02-2007, 07:53 PM
They can if they finish first in the conference then win the ACC Tourney but to win the conference they have to beat Duke and UVA has to lose to WF...don't see that happening. A&M could still snag a #1 but they have to beat Mizzou (shouldn't be a problem) and win the B12 Tourney.

Mr. Body
03-02-2007, 08:35 PM
GA Tech rang UNC's bell pretty well. That loss and Florida caving is making it hard.

UCLA
Ohio State
Kansas
and...

Wisconsin? Putting two Big Ten teams would put huge pressure on that conference. So much depends on the conference tournaments, but I think UNC will get that last first seed. They have too much hype.