PDA

View Full Version : How frustrating is it Spurs and Suns fans?

Amarelooms
02-27-2007, 10:05 PM
Your teams start playing so well and yet you guys gain no ground on the best team in the league. They just continue to win. Not sure why Avery is doing this to the league....not really fair. He could at least act like the Mavs have competition and there is a race...maybe throw some games to give the Spurs and Suns hope lol. Gotta love the little general :elephant

dg7md
02-27-2007, 10:07 PM
Remember when the Suns and Pistons won the regular season championship, I do.

ChumpDumper
02-27-2007, 10:07 PM
How 2-0 of you.

dg7md
02-27-2007, 10:08 PM
Also, congrats to the Mavs, I'm from Dallas so I see a lot of fans and the games, good to see that, but you need some real credentials before you can start talking about dominance in the league.

Amarelooms
02-27-2007, 10:08 PM
How 2-0 of you.

Nice attempt to form a response but please leave now and go back to your homework :elephant

Amarelooms
02-27-2007, 10:09 PM
Also, congrats to the Mavs, I'm from Dallas so I see a lot of fans and the games, good to see that, but you need some real credentials before you can start talking about dominance in the league.

Being the 1st team to have 3 - 10+ game winning streaks is dominance my friend...you and the SPurs know it :elephant

dirk4mvp
02-27-2007, 10:10 PM
You're gay.

ChumpDumper
02-27-2007, 10:11 PM
I don't have homework, I don't have to work. I also don't have to live vicariously through and base my self-worth on a basketball team as you do. Please go back to that. :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

dg7md
02-27-2007, 10:12 PM
Being the 1st team to have 3 - 10+ game winning streak is dominance my friend...you and the SPurs know it :elephant

No shit, but perhaps you want to look at the big picture?

Regular season is just a money maker and testimate to how you'll withstand in the real season (playoffs).

I don't hate the Mavs one bit if anything it's just cocky fans that act like they're ontop of the world now. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad there's a lot of basketball love going on here in Dallas now, but acting like you're at the top of your game when the biggest collapse in finals history was last year is a bit of a burden, you know?

Mavs need to step it up and keep it that way in the playoffs in order for them to be considered a top tier titan of the league. Does anybody consider the mid/late-90's Sonics a dominating team? Maybe some do, but most hardly temember, that's because they didn't pull it off big in the playoffs and mostly people just remember the Rockets, Lakers, Spurs, and Bulls during the 90's... and I wonder why...

Leetonidas
02-27-2007, 10:14 PM
How frustrating is it Mavs fans to have no championships? The post season is all that matters, and as we've seen last year (San Antonio vs. Dallas, Dallas vs. Miami), homecourt don't mean jack shit.

Enjoy it Mav fan. You only have three months until the Spurs are wiping the floor with your sorry excuse for a franchise.

Amarelooms
02-27-2007, 10:14 PM
No shit, but perhaps you want to look at the big picture?

Regular season is just a money maker and testimate to how you'll withstand in the real season (playoffs).

I don't hate the Mavs one bit if anything it's just cocky fans that act like they're ontop of the world now. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad there's a lot of basketball love going on here in Dallas now, but acting like you're at the top of your game when the biggest collapse in finals history was last year is a bit of a burden, you know?

Mavs need to step it up and keep it that way in the playoffs in order for them to be considered a top tier titan of the league. Does anybody consider the mid/late-90's Sonics a dominating team? Maybe some do, but most hardly temember, that's because they didn't pull it off big in the playoffs and mostly people just remember the Rockets, Lakers, Spurs, and Bulls during the 90's... and I wonder why...

Lol at SPurs homer trying to discredit the Mavs. We all know the Spurs want no part of the Mavs come playoff time my friend.

dg7md
02-27-2007, 10:15 PM
Lol at SPurs homer trying to discredit the Mavs. We all know the Spurs want no part of the Mavs come playoff time my friend.

Did you even read the post or did you just thumb over it assuming points?

Amarelooms
02-27-2007, 10:17 PM
How frustrating is it Mavs fans to have no championships? The post season is all that matters, and as we've seen last year (San Antonio vs. Dallas, Dallas vs. Miami), homecourt don't mean jack shit.

Enjoy it Mav fan. You only have three months until the Spurs are wiping the floor with your sorry excuse for a franchise.

Enjoy focusing on the past my friend cause the future doesn't look that good from where you sit. Love how SPurs fans make fun of the Mavs when their team is clearly currently not as good as the Mavs. Sure anything could happen but the Mavs are the better team. Suck up your pride for once :elephant

Leetonidas
02-27-2007, 10:20 PM
Enjoy focusing on the past my friend cause the future doesn't look that good from where you sit. Love how SPurs fans make fun of the Mavs when their team is clear now not as good as the Mavs. Sure anything could happen but the Mavs are the better team. Suck up your pride for once :elephant
You can't assume the Mavs are a better team. They have a better record, they have a better winning streak, and they've been playing better, but the Spurs are starting to get back into form, and I'm not scared of us playing the Mavs again this year.

You ask for a bunch of credit for the Mavs and bitch at people who don't give it, yet you give no credit to the Spurs/Suns.

When the Spurs dominate the Mavericks in the playoffs, I will bring this thread back to remind you.

Amarelooms
02-27-2007, 10:23 PM
You can't assume the Mavs are a better team. They have a better record, they have a better winning streak, and they've been playing better, but the Spurs are starting to get back into form, and I'm not scared of us playing the Mavs again this year.

You ask for a bunch of credit for the Mavs and bitch at people who don't give it, yet you give no credit to the Spurs/Suns.

When the Spurs dominate the Mavericks in the playoffs, I will bring this thread back to remind you.

Dominate? How exactly are they gonna do that when the Mavs are the younger more athletic team? Spurs gonna make Dirk play with his left hand? Maybe Terry will cover his eyes with his headband? You are not scared of the Mavs lol. Trust me the Spurs want no part of the Mavs but the feeling is not mutual. Infact I bet the Mavs would prefer to face the Spurs over teams like the Suns and even the Rockets. Stop being a homer :elephant

Budkin
02-27-2007, 10:25 PM
How 2-0 of you.

So true. :lmao

Budkin
02-27-2007, 10:27 PM
No matter how much Mavs fans want to believe they have the title wrapped up, it worries them seeing the Spurs coming into form. The playoffs will be a whole new ballgame.

Xylus
02-27-2007, 10:27 PM
It's not that frustrating. I've pretty much accepted that the Mavs are going to grab that 1st seed. These three teams (Spurs, Suns, Mavs) have proven that homecourt advantage is practically non-existant. All 3 of these teams can beat any other team on their home court at any time, even in the playoffs.

Leetonidas
02-27-2007, 10:29 PM
Dominate? How exactly are they gonna do that when the Mavs are the younger more athletic team? Spurs gonna make Dirk play with his left hand? Maybe Terry will cover his eyes with his headband? You are not scared of the Mavs lol. Trust me the Spurs want no part of the Mavs but the feeling is not mutual. Infact I bet the Mavs would prefer to face the Spurs over teams like the Suns and even the Rockets. Stop being a homer :elephant
Stop being a dumbass. The gap, if the is one, between the Spurs and Mavs is EXTREMELY small. Most of your fellow fans will agree because you're just retarded. Younger and athletic doesn't mean jack shit, because the Hawks are extremely young and have some extremely athletic players but they suck ass.

The only athlete the Mavs have is Howard, so don't give yourself too much credit.

Dirk vs. Elson
Tim vs. Dampier/Diop
Ginobili vs. Terry
Bowen vs. Howard
Parker vs. Harris

The Spurs don't have to play pussy small ball this year because they have someone quick enough to stick on Dirk. I'm not saying he's going to shut him down because he certainly won't, but Elson will do a helluva lot better than anyone last year did, and this allows the Spurs to put Bowen on Howard. Ginobili and Parker >>>> Harris and Terry. Remember, the average margain of victory for the Mavs last year was only a couple points, and without a real center, the Spurs were getting destroyed on the glass. That won't happen this year. Be afraid Mav Fan, be very afraid.

Amarelooms
02-27-2007, 10:31 PM
No matter how much Mavs fans want to believe they have the title wrapped up, it worries them seeing the Spurs coming into form. The playoffs will be a whole new ballgame.

Of course the title is not wrapped up and other teams could beat the Mavs. However, you homers act like the Spurs have the advantage or that the Mavs are afraid of playing the mighty Spurs...trust me my friends...that's not the case at all :elephant

G-Money
02-27-2007, 10:32 PM
:elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

:wakeup

schadenfreude52
02-27-2007, 10:32 PM
It's not that frustrating. I've pretty much accepted that the Mavs are going to grab that 1st seed. These three teams (Spurs, Suns, Mavs) have proven that homecourt advantage is practically non-existant. All 3 of these teams can beat any other team on their home court at any time, even in the playoffs.

Only an idiot would underestimate any of those teams. Though it is my opinion that the Mavs will rise out of the West again, I know that that is by no means a lock. The Miami Heat was evidence enough that a slightly above average team can win it all if they're on a run. I would say that San Antonio and Phoenix especially (you could include Utah and Houston if you desired) are a bit more than "slightly above average."

Amarelooms
02-27-2007, 10:33 PM
Stop being a dumbass. The gap, if the is one, between the Spurs and Mavs is EXTREMELY small. Most of your fellow fans will agree because you're just retarded. Younger and athletic doesn't mean jack shit, because the Hawks are extremely young and have some extremely athletic players but they suck ass.

The only athlete the Mavs have is Howard, so don't give yourself too much credit.

Dirk vs. Elson
Tim vs. Dampier/Diop
Ginobili vs. Terry
Bowen vs. Howard
Parker vs. Harris

The Spurs don't have to play pussy small ball this year because they have someone quick enough to stick on Dirk. I'm not saying he's going to shut him down because he certainly won't, but Elson will do a helluva lot better than anyone last year did, and this allows the Spurs to put Bowen on Howard. Ginobili and Parker >>>> Harris and Terry. Remember, the average margain of victory for the Mavs last year was only a couple points, and without a real center, the Spurs were getting destroyed on the glass. That won't happen this year. Be afraid Mav Fan, be very afraid.

Lol what about a bench? Haha you are clearly a homer. Done talking with you. SUre the Spurs are better...see you come playoff time :elephant

dallaskd
02-27-2007, 10:36 PM

Dirk vs. Elson
Tim vs. Dampier/Diop
Ginobili vs. Terry
Bowen vs. Howard
Parker vs. Harris

you dont have a clue. The Mavs are much more athletic than San Antonio. Harris, George, J-Ho, ect all hustle their ass off 24/7. And the Gap between the 2 teams is huge. Rebounding and a deep bench. 2 things San Antonio isnt close to having.

u2sarajevo
No matter how much Mavs fans want to believe they have the title wrapped up, it worries them seeing the Spurs coming into form. The playoffs will be a whole new ballgame.That ain't no lie. I think the only ones that think the Mavs have the title wrapped up are the Suns fan and his cohort troll Dirk Nowitzki.... there might be others but I don't remember their names.

I do like the Mavs chances against the Spurs. I think that would be expected since I am a Mavs fan. But I'm not going to lie and say that I am not concerned about the Spurs. Anyone that does that is fooling themselves.

sandeepgm
True that the mavs are not proving anything by winning regular season games but i am loving the probability that the suns and spurs will finish 2nd and 3rd and hopefully they beat each other to death. Thats the only positive i would take out of the way the 3 teams finish regular season.

ducks
02-27-2007, 10:41 PM
I prefer the spurs to be the number 3 seed
they will have a chip on the shoulder

dallaskd
02-27-2007, 10:44 PM
The only thing that stands between Dallas and a Ring is Pheonix and when Dallas plays their ball, no team in the NBA can beat them. This a different team from last year.

Amare_32
02-27-2007, 10:44 PM
I am not frustrated. :lol

Suns 44-13

atxrocker
02-27-2007, 10:47 PM
i seriously can't believe that amarelooms hasn't been banned

fitzgerald
Your teams start playing so well and yet you guys gain no ground on the best team in the league. They just continue to win. Not sure why Avery is doing this to the league....not really fair. He could at least act like the Mavs have competition and there is a race...maybe throw some games to give the Spurs and Suns hope lol. Gotta love the little general :elephant

Why do you start crap like this. Have you ever heard of winning with class? You are one of the reasons the perception of Mav fans is so negative here.
Just let your team do the talking.

Amarelooms
I am not frustrated. :lol

Suns 44-13

You are correct my friend cause Amare LOOMS...be afraid NBA be very afraid :elephant

ChumpDumper
02-27-2007, 10:48 PM
You said he didn't loom anymore.

You're a liar.

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 10:49 PM
I can't see how any clear-thinking Mavs fan can dismiss the Spurs like that. They're the ONLY Western Conference team that can beat us in the playoffs, and you better believe the team and Avery knows it.

Dismissing the piss-ant Suns is one thing. But no Mavs fan should think a playoff victory over the Spurs is a sure thing.

Amarelooms
02-27-2007, 10:51 PM
Why do you start crap like this. Have you ever heard of winning with class? You are one of the reasons the perception of Mav fans is so negative here.
Just let your team do the talking.

Haha people who don't realize that my posts are generally meant to be humorous and posted just to watch Spurs homers get fired up. You people are clueless.

I unlike most on here I am not a homer and respect both the Spurs and Suns. Gonna be a hell of a good time in the playoffs. May the best team win. On a side note: fuck off atxrocker :elephant

Xylus
02-27-2007, 10:51 PM
Amare looms!

23 points, 18 rebounds tonight for the Manchild. 11 offensive boards, as the Suns come back from 18 in the 3rd quarter and win by 11. Great 4th quarter defense after they mailed in the first 3 quarters.

And looks like the Mavs put a boot in the face of the Wolves, holding them to 65 points total.

Amarelooms
02-27-2007, 10:52 PM
You said he didn't loom anymore.

You're a liar.

Changed my mind obviously lol

ChumpDumper
02-27-2007, 10:52 PM
Obviously lying.

fitzgerald
02-27-2007, 10:53 PM
Amare looms!

23 points, 18 rebounds tonight for the Manchild. 11 offensive boards, as the Suns come back from 18 in the 3rd quarter and win by 11. Great 4th quarter defense after they mailed in the first 3 quarters.

And looks like the Mavs put a boot in the face of the Wolves, holding them to 65 points total.

Phoenix was down by 18? Kind of surprising. I have yet to see Indiana since the trade. How do they look?

itzsoweezee
02-27-2007, 10:55 PM

Dirk vs. Elson
Tim vs. Dampier/Diop
Ginobili vs. Terry
Bowen vs. Howard
Parker vs. Harris

that is the recipe for success. let's just hope popovich follows through.

Xylus
02-27-2007, 10:57 PM
During the 3rd quarter, Indiana looked downright unstoppable... They had like 29 points in the first 7 minutes of the quarter. Then Phoenix decided to get serious and shut them down the rest of the game.

An interesting stat: Suns are 14-0 in Eastern road games. If they win against Philly tomorrow, they'll be the first team ever to go unbeatable on the road against the opposing conference.

Cry Havoc
02-27-2007, 11:05 PM
and posted just to watch Spurs homers get fired up are clueless.

Ah, nothing like reading posts where someone unwittingly defines themself as a troll.

Beautiful job. Keep posting just to piss people off. I'll chuckle and throw back one when you get banned.

Budkin
02-27-2007, 11:07 PM
Amarelooms just jinxed the shit out of the Mavs. :elephant

RonMexico
02-27-2007, 11:13 PM
Remember when the Suns and Pistons won the regular season championship, I do.

The Spurs have done that too, buddy...

Cry Havoc
02-27-2007, 11:25 PM
The Spurs have done that too, buddy...

You're kidding, right? Cause up until now, the Spurs are the only one of the three to have done more than win a regular season title.

The difference is that most Spurs aren't (and won't) crow about how much better we are than the rest of the league 3 months before the playoffs start.

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 11:26 PM
Amarelooms just jinxed the shit out of the Mavs. :elephant

FUCK

RonMexico
02-27-2007, 11:41 PM
You're kidding, right? Cause up until now, the Spurs are the only one of the three to have done more than win a regular season title.

The difference is that most Spurs aren't (and won't) crow about how much better we are than the rest of the league 3 months before the playoffs start.

I'm saying they've won a "regular season title" before and not won a championship... it happens to a lot of good teams. Just because they've gotten over the hump and won a real title doesn't mean I was incorrect.

Most notably - 62-20 in 94-95 (same record Suns had in 04-05) and then losing to the Rockets who had a 47-45 record. Rockets went on to win the title, and the Spurs went on to win it in 2005 after beating the Suns.

Yes, I know they also won in '99, so don't remind me...

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 11:56 PM
Yes, I know they also won in '99, so don't remind me...

Ah yes, the asterisk year.

Leetonidas
02-28-2007, 12:07 AM
Ah yes, the asterisk year.
Better than a no title year.

dirk4mvp
02-28-2007, 12:09 AM
Changed my mind obviously lol

You do that a lot.

monosylab1k
02-28-2007, 12:10 AM

true. still an asterisk year.

Amare_32
02-28-2007, 12:11 AM

I still don't see why people make that distinction. They still had to go the 4 rounds in the playoffs. Is not like the 99 playoffs was shorten.

monosylab1k
02-28-2007, 12:15 AM
I still don't see why people make that distinction. They still had to go the 4 rounds in the playoffs. Is not like the 99 playoffs was shorten.

32 less games = not a real season.

actually i just like how calling 99 an asterisk year pisses off Spurs fans.

bdubya
02-28-2007, 12:16 AM
After tonight, Mavs are a half-game ahead of where the Pistons were a year ago. At that pace, they might stretch the Western Conf. Finals to seven games.

Leetonidas
02-28-2007, 12:17 AM
Exactly. Stupid people like to play that card when they have nothing better to say. The Spurs may have played 50 games or so and won the title, but because it was only 50 regular season games, it's an asterik. Let them call it what they want, because we all know damn well they'd rather have an "asterik" championship than no championship.

Besides, we have 2 other championships anyway.

Leetonidas
02-28-2007, 12:18 AM

Mav fan thinks regular season makes the championship. :rolleyes I guess we know why you guys are so thrilled about being 45-9 or whatever. :wakeup

THE SIXTH MAN
02-28-2007, 12:19 AM
To be honest, it doesn't really piss me off when some one says that. I think most spurs fans have tougher skin then that. Nothing ever can or will take away from the memories most of us have of that season. :king

dg7md
02-28-2007, 12:19 AM
true. still an asterisk year.

:lol Would you be saying that shit if the Mavericks won it then?

Cry Havoc
02-28-2007, 02:43 AM

Yeah, I mean, it's not like you have anything that your own team has done to throw in our face. But congrats on enjoying an asterisk. Trophies are much nicer, though.

RonMexico
02-28-2007, 08:07 AM
Knicks "gave away" the 99 Finals...

stretch
02-28-2007, 09:03 AM
To be honest, it doesn't really piss me off when some one says that. I think most spurs fans have tougher skin then that. Nothing ever can or will take away from the memories most of us have of that season. :king
obviously it does bother spurs fans quite a bit, seeing how defense some people have gotten, especially when he said he was just joking around.

stretch
02-28-2007, 09:03 AM
:lmao

monosylab1k
02-28-2007, 09:06 AM
:lol Would you be saying that shit if the Mavericks won it then?

Any team that won it that year gets an asterisk.

Enjoy your 2.5 championships.

u2sarajevo
02-28-2007, 09:26 AM
Mav fan thinks regular season makes the championship. :rolleyes I guess we know why you guys are so thrilled about being 45-9 or whatever. :wakeupSo you would suggest that Maverick fans should be not thrilled with 45-9? Upset about it?

We should do bad in the regular season? Is that the way the model works? Win enough to get in the playoffs but just don't win that many games.

jmard5
02-28-2007, 09:31 AM

Isn't it 32 less games for all the teams?

And that season had a regular play off sked?

LEONARD
02-28-2007, 10:02 AM

You probably said something similar last year, right?

:lol :lol :lol

Islymore
02-28-2007, 10:07 AM
hmm... well i like most REAL fans of the sport - dont put too much into anything regular season... of course, im going to enjoy the #1 seed, the best record, the 3 10+ win streaks... but that dont mean shit if they dont become a BEAST in the playoffs...

i dont watch many spur/suns games, but i do keep up with them on espn and i take note of how well the spurs are starting to click and how they are on a roll... big ups to the Spurs bc i knew they had it in them to get over the injury bumps and the lack of winning... it's the Spurs... NO FAN OF BASKETBALL CAN EVER COUNT THEM OUT... THEY ARE THE SPURS... the same SPURS that have played some of the best basketball the last 4 yrs or so have seen. Any MAV fan can admit... the playoffs were all either way last year, the bounce of the ball coulda went anyway...

the MAVS CHOKED last year... YEAH. EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT.

most MAV FANS have accepted that... most real BBALL fans know that... but ppl like AMARELOOMS... (*how he's a mav fan with the name AMARELOOMS i still dont understand*) I dont even want to understand... serves no purpose 2.

The threads these days... man...

monosylab1k
02-28-2007, 10:11 AM
The only thing more annoying than a Mavs fan who is delusional to a fault about the supposed greatness of his team is a Mavs fan that feels the need to suck up to Spurs fans.

And Suns fans are more annoying than either.

mabber
02-28-2007, 10:14 AM

You're an idiot!!!

Islymore
02-28-2007, 10:24 AM
The only thing more annoying than a Mavs fan who is delusional to a fault about the supposed greatness of his team is a Mavs fan that feels the need to suck up to Spurs fans.

And Suns fans are more annoying than either.

:donkey

hope this wasnt directed at me... if it was... sorry the truth hurts. im not just a homer MAV fan... unlike most on this site... i like the game of BASKETBALL... not just the MAVS.

sorry if we are all supposed to be "All Praise the MIGHTY MAVS for a great season... but lets forget the way they choked it all in the FINALS... and lets all discredit any team that might step up and beat us in the playoffs"... unfortunately - i face the realities of the game...

Amarelooms
02-28-2007, 10:26 AM
You're an idiot!!!

Get a clue retard....man some of the people on here must be the dumbest people on the planet :elephant

Amarelooms
02-28-2007, 10:28 AM

hope this wasnt directed at me... if it was... sorry the truth hurts. im not just a homer MAV fan... unlike most on this site... i like the game of BASKETBALL... not just the MAVS.

sorry if we are all supposed to be "All Praise the MIGHTY MAVS for a great season... but lets forget the way they choked it all in the FINALS... and lets all discredit any team that might step up and beat us in the playoffs"... unfortunately - i face the realities of the game...

haha you trying to steal a page from my book partner? We all know you are a big homer. I'm the only non-homer Mavs fan on here...

George Gervin's Afro
02-28-2007, 10:30 AM
Get a clue retard....man some of the people on here must be the dumbest people on the planet :elephant

I've warned you man... speaking of dumb is josh howard mad at the league now? he is/was mad at the coaches and now he is mad at who knows... will you and your players stop being pussies and just play?

monosylab1k
02-28-2007, 10:30 AM

Wasn't directed at you at all. Don't recall quoting you or anything. Alot of other people have posted in this thread besides you.

I've given plenty of credit and respect to the Spurs this year. I just don't like the Mavs fan that feels the need to apologize for liking their team just because the Spurs won those championships back whenever the fuck they won them i can't even remember.

I believe I expressed disdain with the delusional Mavs fan who wants to hail their greatness 55 games into a season as well. So what exactly are you talking about here?

Hook Dem
02-28-2007, 10:37 AM
That ain't no lie. I think the only ones that think the Mavs have the title wrapped up are the Suns fan and his cohort troll Dirk Nowitzki.... there might be others but I don't remember their names.

I do like the Mavs chances against the Spurs. I think that would be expected since I am a Mavs fan. But I'm not going to lie and say that I am not concerned about the Spurs. Anyone that does that is fooling themselves.
Spoken like an intellegent Mav fan!

Islymore
02-28-2007, 10:42 AM
Wasn't directed at you at all. Don't recall quoting you or anything. Alot of other people have posted in this thread besides you.

I've given plenty of credit and respect to the Spurs this year. I just don't like the Mavs fan that feels the need to apologize for liking their team just because the Spurs won those championships back whenever the fuck they won them i can't even remember.

I believe I expressed disdain with the delusional Mavs fan who wants to hail their greatness 55 games into a season as well. So what exactly are you talking about here?

just wondering... thass all... it appeared like u were directing it towards me, since it was right behind my post... but since its been cleared... okay... i was just wondering...

lefty
02-28-2007, 10:48 AM

Poor baby ; he is not prepared for what is going to happen at the end of the season

DubMcDub
02-28-2007, 11:38 AM

Actually, no. Not really. At all. :lol

Dirk Nowitzki
02-28-2007, 11:50 AM
Spurs eliminating Avery's Mavs in a 7 game playoff series?? :drunk :lmao :lmao Holy shit my stomach is hurting from laughing so hard. You guys will be very lucky to compete with us and will be even luckier if the series somehow manages to go beyond 5 games.

z0sa
02-28-2007, 12:13 PM
The suns dont beat anyone to death. They are all finesse. The spurs will destroy the suns in 5 again. The only team stopping us from a finals appearance is Dallas.

Duncanoypi
02-28-2007, 12:28 PM

so why did the suns didn't grab that....its a gimme.... :rolleyes

you're all acting like your team was not part of that 1999 season.... :dramaquee

Trainwreck2100
02-28-2007, 12:28 PM
It's not frustrating at all, the way that the Spurs played mid season, they deserve to be where they are at. As long as they play to their potential, even if they lose I wouldn't be disappointed

Dirk Nowitzki
02-28-2007, 12:29 PM
The suns dont beat anyone to death. They are all finesse. The spurs will destroy the suns in 5 again. The only team stopping us from a finals appearance is Dallas.

I disagree. First of all if you do somehow beat the suns it will be in a grueling 6-7 games. That team is going to be the biggest hurdle for us in terms of going back to the finals.

Extra Stout
02-28-2007, 12:41 PM
Ha ha all you other teams suck! Look at us, 68-14! We are awesome! You are has-beens! We have the title locked up!

Sincerely,
1973 Celtics Fan

mardigan
02-28-2007, 12:49 PM
This thread is funny considering it was started by one of the worst posters on the board, and because this dipshit claims to be a Mavs fan with Amare looms as his name

Amarelooms
02-28-2007, 12:52 PM
This thread is funny considering it was started by one of the worst posters on the board, and because this dipshit claims to be a Mavs fan with Amare looms as his name

Excellent take you genius....when did you graduate medical school...you seem so smart :rolleyes

Islymore
02-28-2007, 12:52 PM

read my mind...

big3bigD
02-28-2007, 12:54 PM
Ha ha all you other teams suck! Look at us, 68-14! We are awesome! You are has-beens! We have the title locked up!

Sincerely,
1973 Celtics Fan

Good one. Just about every other example of a team accomplishing anything close to what the Mavs are doing results in that team winning a ring....

mardigan
02-28-2007, 12:57 PM
Excellent take you genius....when did you graduate medical school...you seem so smart :rolleyes
Didnt say Im smart, just said your an idiot

RonMexico
02-28-2007, 12:58 PM

you're all acting like your team was not part of that 1999 season.... :dramaquee

It was extreme sarcasm you nitwit.... I was making fun of Dirk and Mavs fans.

Extra Stout
02-28-2007, 01:03 PM
Good one. Just about every other example of a team accomplishing anything close to what the Mavs are doing results in that team winning a ring....
There is some proverb out there about chickens and hatching and counting. Does anybody remember it?

mardigan
02-28-2007, 01:04 PM

He knows that it is easy to rile up Spur fans by discrediting their 99 title, dont take the bait

mardigan
02-28-2007, 01:06 PM
Except those teams actually won a ring, the Mavs dont have Jordan or Magic, they have a 7 foot German who cracks under pressure and takes it out on his teamates

RonMexico
02-28-2007, 01:07 PM
He knows that it is easy to rile up Spur fans by discrediting their 99 title, dont take the bait

actually i was still making fun of dirk and mavs

Extra Stout
02-28-2007, 01:11 PM
Except those teams actually won a ring, the Mavs dont have Jordan or Magic, they have a 7 foot German who cracks under pressure and takes it out on stationary bicycles

mardigan
02-28-2007, 01:15 PM
I forgot about that, the bike must have been made in Poland

Amarelooms
02-28-2007, 01:25 PM
Didnt say Im smart, just said your an idiot

your lol....what a douche bag

Trainwreck2100
02-28-2007, 01:27 PM
your lol....what a douche bag

pot meet kettle

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-28-2007, 01:28 PM
Why get frustrated? Spurs do this every damn year. They were in the Suns rearview mirror in 2005. They were in the Lakers shadow in 2003. I don't think anyone quite knew what to expect from anyone in 1999. The further under the radar the better.

And getting frustrated when there's this much basketball left to play is silly. I'm not saying the Spurs will catch the Mavs, just that with months left in the season there are an infinite amount of scenarios that could play out. If the right teams get healthy and hot at the right times the West could be as stacked it ever has been. And let's not assume that whoever comes out of the west is destined to a championship. Coming out of the west is going to be a bitch of task. Any team that gets there could be too banged up to finish the job, and there's at least one team out of the east that would not be an easy out in the finals.

So the only thing I'm frustrated about is that I can't see the future, and if that were worth getting upset over the only happy person in this world would be Miss Cleo.

mardigan
02-28-2007, 01:32 PM
pot meet kettle
Damn, now you got to call me a d- bag too? I thought it was Amare 32 posting and was curious why the thread was so bad untill I realized it was this pussypants posting again.

Bartzini
02-28-2007, 01:46 PM
Another starved for attention mavericks fan. Still want to sit at the big kids table, but just not quite there yet.

You guys are playing good, but alot of teams play good, and still loose.

I don't know, you may win the title this year, but its far from a lock. Id still say its far from a lock if you guys went undefeated this year. Look at how bad you choked last year.

We will see what happens when it counts. I do know one thing, you wont walk over this spurs team, regardless of their short comings. It will be a competition. This team is built from champions and lead by champions from the top down, unlike the "we got something to prove" attitude perpetrated in dallas, we have proven it, and we have practiced it, and it is in everything we do. Champions get it done when it counts, and dont really worry about the consolation prizes.

so...best of luck, but id hold your wallet, and dont go betting the farm on a win quite yet.

Trainwreck2100
02-28-2007, 01:46 PM
Damn, now you got to call me a d- bag too? I thought it was Amare 32 posting and was curious why the thread was so bad untill I realized it was this pussypants posting again.

I ain;t callin you shit just laughing at him calling someone a douchebag

bdictjames
02-28-2007, 02:09 PM
Spurs will win against the Mavs. There are just too many bad teams in the league and only a handful of good, consistent teams (Detroit, SA, Suns) that could really compete with the Mavs.

KB24
02-28-2007, 02:55 PM

Dirk vs. Elson
Tim vs. Dampier/Diop
Ginobili vs. Terry
Bowen vs. Howard
Parker vs. Harris

Dirk vs. Elson------------------Who the FUCK is ELSON??????????????
Tim vs. Dampier/Diop----------TIM better make his free Throws
Ginobili vs. Terry--------------Good Match UP but Terry will light up MANU
Bowen vs. Howard------------LOL!! Bowen is going to get OWNED!!!!
Parker vs. Harris---------------Great Match UP Tie

MAVS in 5

hater
02-28-2007, 02:59 PM
No surprise Kobe forgot concept of TEAM defense. :lol

mardigan
02-28-2007, 03:10 PM
Dirk vs. Elson------------------Who the FUCK is ELSON??????????????
Tim vs. Dampier/Diop----------TIM better make his free Throws
Ginobili vs. Terry--------------Good Match UP but Terry will light up MANU
Bowen vs. Howard------------LOL!! Bowen is going to get OWNED!!!!
Parker vs. Harris---------------Great Match UP Tie

MAVS in 5
You calling Tony vs Harris a tie makes everything you said invalid and idiotic. Even if you hate the Spurs you cant call that a tie. I hope Kobe goes snowboarding next

lefty
02-28-2007, 04:22 PM
Spurs eliminating Avery's Mavs in a 7 game playoff series?? :drunk :lmao :lmao Holy shit my stomach is hurting from laughing so hard. You guys will be very lucky to compete with us and will be even luckier if the series somehow manages to go beyond 5 games.

Honestly, Mavs don't have what it take to win it this year ; Yeah they have won tons of games this season BUT...

They remind me of Detroit : in 2005 Dtroit went to the Finals, lost ; the following season, they win tons of games, are really impressive during the regular season, but fail in the playoffs.....

Be warned

Dirk Nowitzki
02-28-2007, 04:56 PM
Honestly, Mavs don't have what it take to win it this year ; Yeah they have won tons of games this season BUT...

They remind me of Detroit : in 2005 Dtroit went to the Finals, lost ; the following season, they win tons of games, are really impressive during the regular season, but fail in the playoffs.....

Be warned

Who will go in our place then? The Spurs? :drunk

lefty
02-28-2007, 05:07 PM
Who will go in our place then? The Spurs? :drunk

Well, obviously...

KB24
02-28-2007, 05:32 PM
You calling Tony vs Harris a tie makes everything you said invalid and idiotic. Even if you hate the Spurs you cant call that a tie. I hope Kobe goes snowboarding next

GO SPURS GO

ALVAREZ6
02-28-2007, 05:38 PM
Not too frustrating, considering regular season records don't mean shit, proved by many teams in the past.

I'll be sure to bump this thread in June.

Leetonidas
02-28-2007, 05:59 PM
Honestly, I do think it's all about the Spurs and Mavericks this year and it will be a tough, tough series. The teams are pretty even. Better starting five for the Spurs (assuming Manu is starting in the playoffs), but better bench for the Mavs (unless Manu is still on the bench come playoff time). It's going to be a close series, probably going to 6 or 7 games, all being down to the wire nail-biters. So enough with the smack, because the Spurs looked like beasts last year, favored to kick Dallas' ass, and they got beat, just like the Mavs and Heat.

Only time will tell. Until the WCF rolls around, we won't know who's going to kick who's ass.

stretch
03-01-2007, 12:14 AM
no, its not a tie, because Devin owned Tony last year. Tony may have had a better series statistically, but Devin was clearly the better playmaker and played some damn good defense while he was in there.

aaronstampler
03-01-2007, 12:31 AM
I know this much about the playoffs: A team can dominate the whole regular season, but they lose one of their first two home games and PRESTO!, the first 82 mean nothing.

Playing to get home court is one thing. Doing something with that advantage is entirely another.

LEONARD
03-01-2007, 09:36 AM
An interesting stat: Suns are 14-0 in Eastern road games. If they win against Philly tomorrow, they'll be the first team ever to go unbeatable on the road against the opposing conference.

*jinxed*

mavsfan1000
03-01-2007, 11:15 AM
The biggest difference between the mavs and spurs is the center position. Everything else is a tie but Dampier is clearly better than Oberto or Elson.

himat
03-01-2007, 07:43 PM
If the Spurs stopped acting so weak watch out Dallas. When I watched the San Antonio @ Detroit game this season the Spurs were different in some way. They won, but they let Detroit almost win the game even though Detroit was already in Vegas for the All Star Break. If San Antonio gets their act together watch out. All it takes is a couple guys getting hot. It's always good to not be perfect in the regular season because it keeps the team working hard, Pistons learned that the hardest way last season. Dallas may be winning right now, but I think the West is even more open than the East. Dallas can obviously win. Phoenix and the Spurs are right their as well. Houston could get in if they are on their game. A combo of AI and Melo is deadly. Kobe can will his team to victory. Utah is underrated as well.

dbreiden83080
03-01-2007, 08:26 PM

All this crap about your reg season means nothing if you can't hold serve on your court. If the Suns or Spurs get a split of the first 2 games in your building then your regular season amounted to nothing. You guys really need to tone it down a bit. The Mavs have never won when it all was on the line and until you do the EGO is a bit dumb if you ask me. There have been plenty of teams that won a shitload of games in the Reg season and not the title, just look at the 64 win Pistons last year. A team that actually won a title together and were 1 qtr away from winning back to back titles.

Xylus
03-01-2007, 08:27 PM
*jinxed*
:lol

It's only a jinx if I make a prediction. I was simply stating fact. :P

Dirkadirkastan
03-02-2007, 07:25 AM
The Mavs are not guaranteed to beat anyone in the playoffs. Duh. That's why they play the games instead of the league just handing out trophies midseason.

But still, there's two things I don't understand that some Spurs fans are saying. First of all, they keep holding the Mavs' record against them. (lefty) That's not an argument, it's a dismissal. Sure, there are teams that put up great records and don't win the title, and there are teams with mediocre regular season records that win it all. But that doesn't mean the Dallas' high winning percentage is somehow an indication they're going to fail in the playoffs. And don't say they're overexerting in the regular season because you can bet your ass everyone else is trying just as hard as they are right now.

Second, I don't really see what Spurs fans claim the Mavs have to "watch out" for when/if they play the Spurs in the playoffs. If anything, they're the exact same team that lost to Dallas last year. Should be a good series, but I don't see why the Mavs should feel any more threatened than they were last year (quite a handful, but nothing new).

Oh, and SpursTalk really needs to get rid of that annoying dancing pink elephant. Yikes.

Dirkadirkastan
03-02-2007, 07:48 AM
I know this much about the playoffs: A team can dominate the whole regular season, but they lose one of their first two home games and PRESTO!, the first 82 mean nothing.

Playing to get home court is one thing. Doing something with that advantage is entirely another.

I've always disagreed with the definition that HCA belongs to the team that can win the series by only winning their home games. That's because I believe HCA has more to do with playing Game 7 at home.

Think of it this way. If Team A has HCA advantage over Team B and they split the first two games, does Team A really lose HCA? All they have to do is split games 3 and 4 to get it back. And this time, at 2-2, HCA plays a huge role now, since Team A gets both games 5 and 7 at home, instead of just game 6. That is a much bigger advantage than the original advantage at the beginning of the series, and all they did was split the first four games.

In other words, after splitting the first two games, Team B would have to win BOTH games 3 and 4 in order to preserve their supposed "HCA". But that means they're now up 3-1. That's not just HCA, that's going in for the kill.

In my opinion, Team B only has HCA if it goes up 2-0, or 3-2 (or 3-1, but game 5 isn't played at home except in the finals). I believe the privilege of playing certain critical games at home, particulary 5 and 7, needs to be taken into account when discussing HCA, not just the quantity of games left at each location.

mqywaaah
03-03-2007, 12:46 AM
Very well put Dirkastan. :clap :clap :clap :downspin: :downspin: :downspin:

Amarelooms
03-04-2007, 12:05 PM
Man the Spurs have been on a roll...what an 8 game winning streak...IMPRESSIVE. How many games have they make up on the Mavs? Hmmmm....ZERO lol!!!

Auto_Spurs_Fan_Reply
03-04-2007, 01:31 PM
Man the Spurs have been on a roll...what an 8 game winning streak...IMPRESSIVE. How many games have they make up on the Mavs? Hmmmm....ZERO lol!!!

Hey douchebag Mavsfan, it's not about catching up to the Mavs. It's about kicking your ass in the playoffs, just like last year. Oh wait, we got beat last year.....well TAKE THIS MOTHERFUCKER HOW BOUT SOME 3 RINGS BEYATCH! 3 OF EM BABY! David Stern is mailing us our "You Won The Title Two Years Ago" trophy! Whoo Hoo! Party Time!

mardigan
03-04-2007, 02:50 PM
You are the worst poster by far on this board

miss paxton
03-04-2007, 02:53 PM
The Mavs are not guaranteed to beat anyone in the playoffs. Duh. That's why they play the games instead of the league just handing out trophies midseason.

But still, there's two things I don't understand that some Spurs fans are saying. First of all, they keep holding the Mavs' record against them. (lefty) That's not an argument, it's a dismissal. Sure, there are teams that put up great records and don't win the title, and there are teams with mediocre regular season records that win it all. But that doesn't mean the Dallas' high winning percentage is somehow an indication they're going to fail in the playoffs. And don't say they're overexerting in the regular season because you can bet your ass everyone else is trying just as hard as they are right now.

Second, I don't really see what Spurs fans claim the Mavs have to "watch out" for when/if they play the Spurs in the playoffs. If anything, they're the exact same team that lost to Dallas last year. Should be a good series, but I don't see why the Mavs should feel any more threatened than they were last year (quite a handful, but nothing new).

Oh, and SpursTalk really needs to get rid of that annoying dancing pink elephant. Yikes.

I don't know if anybody thinks that Dallas's terrific record right now means they're going to fail in the playoffs. If they are, that's no more valid than Dallas fans' argument that their record right now means the Mavs are a lock to win the title. I don't happen to think that Dallas can't win the title this
year because they're burning out early, or because they haven't done it before; I'm just not intimidated by their record because in the playoffs, anything can and does happen.

I disagree with you that the Spurs have the exact same team, since they don't. You may not consider the personnel changes to be significant--i.e., Elson instead of Mohammed/Nesterovic, but that's different from saying the Spurs are the "same."

I agree with you on the pink elephant thing. I'm not a big fan of emoticons in general, but that one is particularly annoying.

Dirkadirkastan
03-04-2007, 03:29 PM
I don't know if anybody thinks that Dallas's terrific record right now means they're going to fail in the playoffs.

FYI, lefty sounded very much like that in post #107. They're winning lots of games => they look like last year's Pistons => they're going to fail in the playoffs. Be warned.

Amarelooms
03-04-2007, 03:46 PM

THanks your opinion counts so much. BTW best not to respond to my post then...I only make such posts to get homers as yourselves pissed off lol :elephant

schadenfreude52
03-04-2007, 03:47 PM

If he bothers you so much, you should just go to your control panel and add him to your ignore list.

THE SIXTH MAN
03-05-2007, 12:28 AM
THanks your opinion counts so much. BTW best not to respond to my post then...I only make such posts to get homers as yourselves pissed off lol :elephant
What an exciting life you live.... :lol

so sad sun/mav homer, so sad.... :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

:ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit

BUMP
03-05-2007, 12:38 AM

Be warned

yet Detroit won the year before so they really werent hungry.

the Spurs remind me of a bunch of aging "has-beens"

if we dont win the Finals its not going to be you guys that eliminate us. this rivalry is like the Cowboys-Eagles. you guys have the past championships but you arent in our league anymore. i cant wait til we get to play you guys.

no really........i cant wait

BUMP
03-05-2007, 12:41 AM
Enjoy it Mav fan. You only have three months until the Spurs are wiping the floor with your sorry excuse for a franchise. Its gonna be a fucking sweep. Book it!

It's going to be a close series, probably going to 6 or 7 games, all being down to the wire nail-biters.

cant make up your mind?

mardigan
03-05-2007, 12:46 AM
If he bothers you so much, you should just go to your control panel and add him to your ignore list.
Yea bro, I know how this shit works. I just cant stand bandwagoner fans. He knows that everything he types is shit, I just like stating the obvious

mikekim
03-05-2007, 01:30 AM
I haven't read most of the posts in here (only a couple pages) but I can't help but ask...does this "AmareLooms" guy sound like some evil boss in an old super mario game or something??

I can't quite put my finger on it...but he does use the phrase "my friend" a lot, from what I've seen. I half expect him to say something like "ha HA SPurs fans...I've got you right where I want you now! You will suffer greatly at the hands of my mighty mavericks! You've come as far as you can now...muahahaha!"

I dunno...maybe I'm just a nerd, but that's what it reminded me of (at least the first couple pages)...

Bruno
05-05-2007, 06:47 AM
It's very frustrating. ;)

Suns>Spurs
05-05-2007, 03:28 PM
:lmao :lmao :owned

SpursWoman
05-05-2007, 03:47 PM
Re: How frustrating is it Spurs and Suns fans?

I think that really long wait between games 2 & 3 are going to be pretty frustrating ... and tomorrow can't come soon enough. But other than that, I'm feeling pretty good. :)

samikeyp
05-05-2007, 03:49 PM
^^Im with SW. Things could be worse, my team could have won the most regular season games then get bounced in the first round. Yeah, like that could happen to a team. A #8 beating a #1 seed in a 7-game series.

Oh, wait......:)

lefty
05-05-2007, 04:03 PM
yet Detroit won the year before so they really werent hungry.

the Spurs remind me of a bunch of aging "has-beens"

if we dont win the Finals its not going to be you guys that eliminate us. this rivalry is like the Cowboys-Eagles. you guys have the past championships but you arent in our league anymore. i cant wait til we get to play you guys.

no really........i cant wait

You were saying ??? :lol :lol :lol :lol

http://biboz.net/humor/piss-owned.jpg