PDA

View Full Version : 07 Mavs: All time Greats?

dallaskd
02-27-2007, 10:53 PM
If they win out, they would have the best record of all time. If they only lose one game they would be tied.

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 10:54 PM
If they win out, they would have the best record of all time. If they only lose one game they would be tied.

Haha it won't happen. They'll slip a few times. The only guaranteed wins are the two against Phoenix.

JMarkJohns
02-27-2007, 10:54 PM
Getting a little ahead of yourself, aren't ya? They are one Dirk injury away from being an easy out on the Semifinals... and injuries can and will happen.

ChumpDumper
02-27-2007, 10:55 PM
Premature ejaculation forum.

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 10:56 PM
Getting a little ahead of yourself, aren't ya? They are one Dirk injury away from being an easy out on the Semifinals... and injuries can and will happen.

And the Suns are one Nash injury away from being swept by the Nuggets in the 1st round.

dallaskd
02-27-2007, 10:57 PM
The mavs are already playing with injuries.

dallaskd
02-27-2007, 10:57 PM
you watch. they will win out. book it.

Amare_32
02-27-2007, 10:58 PM
And the Suns are one Nash injury away from being swept by the Nuggets in the 1st round.

The Nuggets are not beating anybody in the playoffs. No the Mavs are not going to beat the Bulls record of 72-10. That team is like the Holy Grail for the NBA and I doubt Stern will allow it to be broken.

itzsoweezee
02-27-2007, 10:59 PM
wtf? this lame actually thinks the mavs have any shot of winning an additional 25 games in a row?

you're even more delusional than laker fans when payton and malone jumped on board.

JMarkJohns
02-27-2007, 10:59 PM
you watch. they will win out. book it.

What does this forum get if they don't? Your departure? Oh bless the tought!

As for the Nash injury, sure, what's your point? Every team is one injury away... that was my point. Until I start a thread proclaiming the Suns All-Time greatness in February, your point holds no relevance to mine.

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 11:00 PM
The Nuggets are not beating anybody in the playoffs. No the Mavs are not going to beat the Bulls record of 72-10. That team is like the Holy Grail for the NBA and I doubt Stern will allow it to be broken.

With Nash out, the Suns would lose a series to the Grizzlies in 5.

Xylus
02-27-2007, 11:01 PM
Good thing Nash is playing then.

Amare_32
02-27-2007, 11:01 PM

Right! :rolleyes

dallaskd
02-27-2007, 11:02 PM
What does this forum get if they don't? Your departure? Oh bless the tought!

As for the Nash injury, sure, what's your point? Every team is one injury away... that was my point. Until I start a thread proclaiming the Suns All-Time greatness in February, your point holds no relevance to mine.

if any other team wins out it wouldnt mean anything.

dallaskd
02-27-2007, 11:02 PM

ha. no it might be a close 6 though.

sandeepgm
02-27-2007, 11:03 PM
This is a pointless thread and there is no way in hell we are only losing one game from here on.

dallaskd
02-27-2007, 11:04 PM
can i quote you on that so i can rub it in your face in june "mavs fan"

ponky
02-27-2007, 11:04 PM

this thread is ridiculous, the record is small-time entertainment compared to what happens in the playoffs although it is nice that we broke another franchise record tonight with a perfect month

as for the injuries, yes, they can and will happen...we've had three in the last two weeks, so what? luckily, these injuries aren't as mysterious as back injuries

every team is one star player away from being an easy out on the semifinals

take nash out, suns are out
take dirk out, mavs are out
take duncan out, spurs are out
take kobe out, lakers are out
take melo out, nuggets are out
take brand out, clippers are out
take tmac out, rockets are out
take kg out, wolves are out
take boozer out...oh wait, hmmmmm....i'd say they're probably out eventually even if they've played well without him

JMarkJohns
02-27-2007, 11:05 PM
if any other team wins out it wouldnt mean anything.

How's abouts yas pull yer head out yer ass and realize it's still February and that, despite all their wins and their current amazing pace, the Mavericks haven't won jack shit yet, so all the talk as if they have only make you look foolish.

'tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt. Guess you revel in being a star of tha latter category.

Amare_32
02-27-2007, 11:05 PM
this thread is ridiculous, the record is small-time entertainment compared to what happens in the playoffs although it is nice that we broke another franchise record tonight with a perfect month

as for the injuries, yes, they can and will happen...we've had three in the last two weeks, so what? luckily, these injuries aren't as mysterious as back injuries

take boozer out...oh wait, hmmmmm....i'd say they're probably out eventually even if they've played well without him

Ask the Heat

Xylus
02-27-2007, 11:06 PM
How's abouts yas pull yer head out yer ass and realize it's still February and that, despite all their wins and their current amazing pace, the Mavericks haven't won jack shit yet, so all the talk as if they have only make you look foolish.

'tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt. Guess you revel in being a star of tha latter category.
Word up.

Fillmoe
02-27-2007, 11:07 PM

WRONG!

dallaskd
02-27-2007, 11:08 PM

Houstons been winning with out Yao and T-Mac off and on all season. If any of those teams would survive with their star out it would be Dallas. They have the deepest team in the NBA.

JMarkJohns
02-27-2007, 11:08 PM

That's the point. Why start a thread about all the counted chickens when the chicks themselves have yet to be hatched? Why pretend as if the Mavs have sustained good enough health to win out and win the Title in February when anyone that's followed the NBA for any length of time knows an injury to a star player always seems to be around the corner.

As you said, "...this thread is rediculous."

dallaskd
02-27-2007, 11:09 PM
WRONG!

Denever sucked with out Melo. but they had no AI at the time.

ponky
02-27-2007, 11:09 PM
Ask the Heat

as a mavs fan, i am not allowed to comment about the heat, i will be stoned by holier than thou spurs fans....and maybe your homeboy, nashfan!!!

seriously though, i don't see it happening but then all i care about from here on out is another win over the suns in about two weeks :lol :lol :lol

JMarkJohns
02-27-2007, 11:10 PM
Houstons been winning with out Yao and T-Mac off and on all season. If any of those teams would survive with their star out it would be Dallas. They have the deepest team in the NBA.

Yeah, the Mavs lose Dirk and still win out and the Title? OK... :rolleyes

ponky
02-27-2007, 11:11 PM

who fucking cares? it's a freakin' sport and fans should be allowed to talk a little smack and not worry about being wrong about their predictions regarding something as *serious* as sports, save that serious attitude for school and work

RonMexico
02-27-2007, 11:15 PM
Haha it won't happen. They'll slip a few times. The only guaranteed wins are the two against Phoenix.

ROFL... not

ponky
That's the point. Why start a thread about all the counted chickens when the chicks themselves have yet to be hatched? Why pretend as if the Mavs have sustained good enough health to win out and win the Title in February when anyone that's followed the NBA for any length of time knows an injury to a star player always seems to be around the corner.

As you said, "...this thread is rediculous."

yeah, i wrote it before you posted basically the same thing but sometimes stuff moves so quickly that by the time i got back there were a couple of other posts...i mean, i'm excited about our record but it's kind of silly to get obsessed over records, ESPECIALLY when it comes to the playoffs which are going to be craaaaaaaazy in the west...i'm looking forward to it

JMarkJohns
who fucking cares? it's a freakin' sport and fans should be allowed to talk a little smack and not worry about being wrong about their predictions regarding something as *serious* as sports, save that serious attitude for school and work

When he's wrong, he'll take no responsibility for his "prediction", but if he's right, this forum will never hear the end of it. These "out on a limb" exaggerations are rediculous, or, am I not allowed to say such? Sounds like you Mavs fans are developing a complex 'bout yerselves... don't hate, don't hate, you better not discriminate... Seems like all you band together when one of your Mavshole bothers is getting called out for lunacy.

I'll call bullshit bullshit, thank you. If you want to pretend it's something else, then that's up to you, but like YOU said... THIS was rediculous.

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 11:17 PM
ROFL... not

Haha we shall see.

RonMexico
02-27-2007, 11:17 PM

Deepest in role players... deep gets you a good seed in the playoffs without causing your starters to log too many minutes. Stars win you the titles, which is why I really didn't have a problem with D-Wade saying Dirk didn't step up because the title was Dirk's to win, not just the Mavs'.

ponky
02-27-2007, 11:21 PM
ROFL... not

you're right, suns might be able to win the one in april but not the one in dallas two weeks from now...mavs have a whopping three, 1-2-3, tres, tre, trois, drei, τρία losses at home! :clap :clap :clap

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 11:23 PM
These "out on a limb" exaggerations are rediculous, or, am I not allowed to say such?

Seems like every Mavs fan is saying the exact same thing. So what's your fucking problem? If the guy wants to call it then laugh at it and let him call it. If he's wrong then don't let HIM hear the end of it. And I'm calling bullshit too...like how every Suns fan comes out from under their rock, pulls their thumb out of their ass, and gets on this thread typing "IF DIRK GETS HURT THE MAVS ARE FUCKED!!!!!" then when someone reminds them of how shitty THEIR team would be without Nash, all of a sudden it's "your post is irrelevant!!!! every team is one injury away, and if we had a healthy amare and joe johnson and raja bell and kurt thomas and a healthy Jake Voskuhl then we'd have TWO TITLES MOTHERFUCKER!!!" and on and on the same shit from piss-ant Suns fans.

Amare_32
02-27-2007, 11:25 PM
The West playoffs are shaping into steel cage matches. All I know is that the Mavs,Suns and Spurs don't want to see one another until at least the semis. Chances are the Mavs will be the 1 seed I feel sorry for the first round opponent. On a side note while I think the Suns can handle the Nuggets in the opening round I much rather see the Hornets.

ponky
02-27-2007, 11:27 PM
When he's wrong, he'll take no responsibility for his "prediction", but if he's right, this forum will never hear the end of it. These "out on a limb" exaggerations are rediculous, or, am I not allowed to say such? Sounds like you Mavs fans are developing a complex 'bout yerselves... don't hate, don't hate, you better not discriminate... Seems like all you band together when one of your Mavshole bothers is getting called out for lunacy.

I'll call bullshit bullshit, thank you. If you want to pretend it's something else, then that's up to you, but like YOU said... THIS was rediculous.

dang, calm down, i'm not defending anyone, i just don't see why you'd get all worked up over some smack talk. it's a forum, we're talking about sports, who cares if he's OBVIOUSLY talking smack and starting threads to irk some non-mavs fans? you can say whatever you want and prove him wrong, i just think that last part about better to be silent sounds like sunday school crap.

"mavshole"...i wonder why some mavs fans band together, could it be that some suns fans like to generalize about us? i don't view suns fans that way. i like RonMexico, Amare_32 and some other Suns fan whose name I can't remember, maybe it was you...the only two Suns fans I bash are da_suns_fan and Nashfan. same goes with spurs fans.

RonMexico
02-27-2007, 11:27 PM
you're right, suns might be able to win the one in april but not the one in dallas two weeks from now...mavs have a whopping three, 1-2-3, tres, tre, trois, drei, τρία losses at home! :clap :clap :clap

Well, Suns are winning out so they can get 69 wins... hahah - I crack myself up

JMarkJohns
02-27-2007, 11:29 PM
Seems like every Mavs fan is saying the exact same thing. So what's your fucking problem? If the guy wants to call it then laugh at it and let him call it. If he's wrong then don't let HIM hear the end of it. And I'm calling bullshit too...like how every Suns fan comes out from under their rock, pulls their thumb out of their ass, and gets on this thread typing "IF DIRK GETS HURT THE MAVS ARE FUCKED!!!!!" then when someone reminds them of how shitty THEIR team would be without Nash, all of a sudden it's "your post is irrelevant!!!! every team is one injury away, and if we had a healthy amare and joe johnson and raja bell and kurt thomas and a healthy Jake Voskuhl then we'd have TWO TITLES MOTHERFUCKER!!!" and on and on the same shit from piss-ant Suns fans.

LMAO, nice try... you're going to need to do a little better in the fact department if you're going to try and back me into a corner. If HE wants TO pretend THE mavs WILL win OUT, then EVERY fan, REGARDLESS of AFFILIATION, has THE right TO call SHIT as THEY see IT.

Why you and other Mavs fanatics felt the need to rush to his side when non-Mavs fans called his ignorance is beyond me.

If you want to clean house, then do it. Don't speak out of both sides of your mouth and criticize, yet defend.

ponky
02-27-2007, 11:30 PM
The West playoffs are shaping into steel cage matches. All I know is that the Mavs,Suns and Spurs don't want to see one another until at least the semis. Chances are the Mavs will be the 1 seed I feel sorry for the first round opponent. On a side note while I think the Suns can handle the Nuggets in the opening round I much rather see the Hornets.

LOL, steel cage matches....YAY!!! Anyway, the eight seed will at least be better than the Grizzlies the last couple of years...I think.

RonMexico
02-27-2007, 11:33 PM
I'm actually glad that Nash went down - a few bench guys got some minutes and the Suns lost a few in a row to where they're still within striking distance (3.5 games) of 1st and comfortably up on the Spurs (5 games), so being in the middle isn't that bad. It has taken the pressure off me to agonize over every regular season game (except the two remaining Dallas games), and I'm much more at peace.

I hope that makes sense. Basically, I think that it's a blessing in disguise because if the Mavs keep the current pace and dominate, then D'Antoni might sit some of his boys down if they've got 2nd place locked up and let them rest until the playoffs.

Amare_32
02-27-2007, 11:33 PM
LOL, steel cage matches....YAY!!! Anyway, the eight seed will at least be better than the Grizzlies the last couple of years...I think.

I think the Hornets will be a better 7th or 8th seed then the Grizz. But they are still a young team and unlikely to extend the Mavs or Suns past 5 games. The Nuggets while not going to beat either the Mavs or Suns can extend the series to 6 games and be tougher games then New Orleans.

RonMexico
02-27-2007, 11:34 PM
I want the Suns to drop to the 8th seed and take the Mavs out in the first round... haha

JMarkJohns
02-27-2007, 11:35 PM
dang, calm down, i'm not defending anyone, i just don't see why you'd get all worked up over some smack talk. it's a forum, we're talking about sports, who cares if he's OBVIOUSLY talking smack and starting threads to irk some non-mavs fans? you can say whatever you want and prove him wrong, i just think that last part about better to be silent sounds like sunday school crap.

Fair enough, so why take issue when those he intended to rile take him to task. If you (a generalization of anyone) talk shit, then you'd best be able to take what's sent back, however it's sent back.

Guess I know how to solve this. dallaskd, meet Amarelooms... oh, and my ignore list.

Ponky, I have no issues with you. You provide peltny of quality insight and do so with a great deal of passion. Just stop being critical of others who are just as passionate, whether it be about their team of choice or their disdain of stupidity. I try not to be critical of too many opinions. Unfortunately, this isn't an opinion. It's, to quote Obstructed View, a "premature ejaculation."

Great looking win by your Mavs tonight. Big time road win without Howard.

dirk4mvp
02-27-2007, 11:38 PM
WRONG!

NO, you're wrong. The Rockets blow without T-Mac. The Nuggets would blow without Melo.

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 11:38 PM
If HE wants TO pretend THE mavs WILL win OUT, then EVERY fan, REGARDLESS of AFFILIATION, has THE right TO call SHIT as THEY see IT.

Well it's possible isn't it? Realistic, no, ridiculous, yes, even more ridiculous to discuss, yes. But if he wants to say it then so be it, let him say it, and laugh at it. Call him on his shit, sure. Seems like every Mavs fan here has called his claim ridiculous too.

Why you and other Mavs fanatics felt the need to rush to his side when non-Mavs fans called his ignorance is beyond me.

Who the fuck is rushing to his side? I see every Mavs fan calling him out too! I just think it's ridiculous and hypocritical that some Suns fan wants to call out Mavs fans for banding together when every Suns fan from here to fuckin Timbuktu has come out to decry anybody saying anything remotely critical about Phoenix in rebuttal.

If you want to clean house, then do it. Don't speak out of both sides of your mouth and criticize, yet defend.

I didn't defend him once. Reread it dumbfuck. This thread is absolutely ridiculous, but for every Suns fan to call it out while demanding that their own bullshit NOT be called out is fuckin stupid.

ponky
02-27-2007, 11:39 PM
Fair enough, so why take issue when those he intended to rile take him to task. If you (a generalization of anyone) talk shit, then you'd best be able to take what's sent back, however it's sent back.

Guess I know how to solve this. dallaskd, meet Amarelooms... oh, and my ignore list.

Ponky, I have no issues with you. You provide peltny of quality insight and do so with a great deal of passion. Just stop being critical of others who are just as passionate, whether it be about their team of choice or their disdain of stupidity. I try not to be critical of too many opinions. Unfortunately, this isn't an opinion. It's, to quote Obstructed View, a "premature ejaculation."

Great looking win by your Mavs tonight. Big time road win without Howard.

i hear you, i must've mistaken you for nashfan, haha! anyway, we know where we stand with this thread so it's cool. as for the mavs, howard and dirk can play with rolled ankles, that's how they roll! yeah, howard played tonight and he dominated the first quarter...buckner was supposed to play but i didn't see him on the floor, probably as a precaution.

JMarkJohns
02-27-2007, 11:42 PM
Well it's possible isn't it? Realistic, no, ridiculous, yes, even more ridiculous to discuss, yes. But if he wants to say it then so be it, let him say it, and laugh at it. Call him on his shit, sure. Seems like every Mavs fan here has called his claim ridiculous too.

Who the fuck is rushing to his side? I see every Mavs fan calling him out too! I just think it's ridiculous and hypocritical that some Suns fan wants to call out Mavs fans for banding together when every Suns fan from here to fuckin Timbuktu has come out to decry anybody saying anything remotely critical about Phoenix in rebuttal.

I didn't defend him once. Reread it dumbfuck. This thread is absolutely ridiculous, but for every Suns fan to call it out while demanding that their own bullshit NOT be called out is fuckin stupid.

The lunacy of your rant is that your "call out" was exactly my point. The problem was that I didn't proclaim greatness for the Suns, and therefore didn't need my preverbial bubble to be burst. Again, nice try, however...

JMarkJohns
02-27-2007, 11:43 PM
i hear you, i must've mistaken you for nashfan, haha! anyway, we know where we stand with this thread so it's cool. as for the mavs, howard and dirk can play with rolled ankles, that's how they roll! yeah, howard played tonight and he dominated the first quarter...buckner was supposed to play but i didn't see him on the floor, probably as a precaution.

So Howard did play? I'd read elsewhere he didn't. Either way, it's a tough place to play and you dominated. Good stuff. Mavs deserve a lot of respect.

monosylab1k
02-27-2007, 11:46 PM
The problem was that I didn't proclaim greatness for the Suns, and therefore didn't need my preverbial cloud to be burst.

Ah, the classic "We didn't start the shit-talk, so there is no rebuttal allowed against us". How kindergarten of you.

"the mean Mavs fans started it!" :cry

anways, off to bed. good night. :sleep

dg7md
02-27-2007, 11:48 PM
If they win out they're going to be dead tired while the west decided to take the final games off and rest.

I'm sure many Mavs fans would be happy with winning out over winning a ring. :lol

Amare_32
as a mavs fan, i am not allowed to comment about the heat, i will be stoned by holier than thou spurs fans....and maybe your homeboy, nashfan!!!

seriously though, i don't see it happening but then all i care about from here on out is another win over the suns in about two weeks :lol :lol :lol

I am looking forward to that game to see were the Suns are. I think that game will mean more to Phoenix then to Dallas. However before that is the Lakers.

Nashfan

'tis better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt. Guess you revel in being a star of tha latter category. :tu

TDMVPDPOY
02-27-2007, 11:49 PM
spurs await you clowns in round 2 for the early exit

Amare_32
02-27-2007, 11:50 PM

Well in that case. How is the Riverwalk?

Kori Ellis
02-27-2007, 11:54 PM
Premature Ejaculation Forum :)

JMarkJohns
02-27-2007, 11:56 PM
Ah, the classic "We didn't start the shit-talk, so there is no rebuttal allowed against us". How kindergarten of you.

"the mean Mavs fans started it!" :cry

anways, off to bed. good night. :sleep

Ahh... the classic "I have nothing to attack within the post, so I'll attack the poster" response.

Give me a break. Do you not see that we agree? An injury to any team's key player could have a serious affect on a team's chances to "win out" and win a Title? That it's rediculous to assume a team will sustain "streak enduring" health when there are players dropping left and right, including several on the very team he roots for? That a thread proclaiming All-Time greatness in February isn't the best way to intelligently give props to your favorite team?

You're so blinded by your annoyance of my participation within this thread, you can't allow yourself to see we're on the same page, despite pulling for opposing teams.

Now, seriously, what's the issue? It appears to me you took issue with me calling out his lunacy simply because I was an opposing fan. I didn't call names. Hell, I didn't even curse. I certainly didn't have a holier than thou attitude. I merely responded with a statement that an injury to a key player could cripple his "prediction" and thus, one this early in the season - and yes, it's still early with more than 1/4th the games still remaining to be played - was pretty premature.

Not seeing where you're assessment of my involvement is accurate.

Anyways...

RonMexico
02-27-2007, 11:58 PM

Again - another worthless post from Capt Douchenuts.

Nashfan
02-28-2007, 12:00 AM

"mavshole"...i wonder why some mavs fans band together, could it be that some suns fans like to generalize about us? i don't view suns fans that way. i like RonMexico, Amare_32 and some other Suns fan whose name I can't remember, maybe it was you...the only two Suns fans I bash are da_suns_fan and Nashfan. same goes with spurs fans.

Oh, I am so hurt to not be liked by you, not! :dramaquee

monosylab1k
02-28-2007, 12:05 AM
It appears to me you took issue with me calling out his lunacy simply because I was an opposing fan.

No, I called out his lunacy too. I took issue when you said the same bullshit "The Mavs are screwed without Dirk" statement, so I pointed out the same obvious "The Suns are screwed without Nash" and SOMEHOW my point was irrelevant just because someone else started talking shit first.

I just get a little sensitive whenever Suns fans mention anything about injuries, because injuries are their number one BS excuse. Just like everyone is sick about Mavs fans making excuses about the refs screwing us over, I'm sick of Suns fans telling me how their team would have won if Raja fucking Bell had played. I got a little sensitive about it. My bad.

So we both agree about whatever. Great.

I know i said I was going to bed last time, but this time i really mean it. gnite. :sleep

dirk4mvp
02-28-2007, 12:06 AM
Again - another worthless post from Capt Douchenuts.

I thought it was Capt. Mike?

JMarkJohns
02-28-2007, 12:10 AM
No, I called out his lunacy too. I took issue when you said the same bullshit "The Mavs are screwed without Dirk" statement, so I pointed out the same obvious "The Suns are screwed without Nash" and SOMEHOW my point was irrelevant just because someone else started talking shit first.

I just get a little sensitive whenever Suns fans mention anything about injuries, because injuries are their number one BS excuse. Just like everyone is sick about Mavs fans making excuses about the refs screwing us over, I'm sick of Suns fans telling me how their team would have won if Raja fucking Bell had played. I got a little sensitive about it. My bad.

So we both agree about whatever. Great.

I know i said I was going to bed last time, but this time i really mean it. gnite. :sleep

Great that were starting to see eye to eye.

As for injuries, of course they play a part, but good teams do three things and do them well. The three things are: 1. Play who ya got, 2. Beat who ya play and 3. Never let yourself be in a position where one bad or missed call can determine a game for you.

That's the standard I try and hold my favorite teams to. Of course when Nash is out there's a built in excuse. There should be. He's their most important player. Problem is, that means the remaining players are failing to take on the responsibility of simply winning, somehing I don't like to think about. I hate to think that Nash is the only winner the Suns have.

Anyways, perhaps I should have imply said an injury could derail such a prediction and left it at that. I was more specific and seemingly singled out a player and thus touched a nerve with not just one, but a few Mavs fans in this thread, something that wasn't my intent.

adrienne
02-28-2007, 12:11 AM
***The views expressed in this thread do not reflect the opinions of the Dallas Mavericks organization or (the majority of) their fans.***

dirk4mvp
02-28-2007, 12:12 AM
Andrea > Dirk

dirk4mvp
02-28-2007, 12:12 AM
oh, wrong thread.

pussyface
02-28-2007, 12:25 AM
Great that were starting to see eye to eye.

As for injuries, of course they play a part, but good teams do three things and do them well. The three things are: 1. Play who ya got, 2. Beat who ya play and 3. Never let yourself be in a position where one bad or missed call can determine a game for you.

That's the standard I try and hold my favorite teams to. Of course when Nash is out there's a built in excuse. There should be. He's their most important player. Problem is, that means the remaining players are failing to take on the responsibility of simply winning, somehing I don't like to think about. I hate to think that Nash is the only winner the Suns have.

Anyways, perhaps I should have imply said an injury could derail such a prediction and left it at that. I was more specific and seemingly singled out a player and thus touched a nerve with not just one, but a few Mavs fans in this thread, something that wasn't my intent.

guys...you may want to take jmark's posts with a grain of salt, much like the over the top gentleman who started this thread (they deserve each other.)

jmark is a good natured fellow, but he'll say anything to justify the things he has posted despite of how nonsensical it forces him to become.

as a for instance, during the playoffs last year he beat everyone down with the point that the suns were major underdogs in their series with the lakers. When it was revealed that they were considerable favorites according to las vegas odds makers, he posted that spreads and odds were in no way an indication of who was the favorite and who was considered the underdog.

RonMexico
02-28-2007, 12:58 AM
I thought it was Capt. Mike?

It is - but they must be the same person because I didn't know the world could create two idiots just like that... except that one (Capt Mike) is a little more literate.

dieman8686
02-28-2007, 04:48 AM

(JMarkJohns: ) Yeah, the Mavs lose Dirk and still win out and the Title? OK...
Love this reply!
All you have to do is read.

dg7md
02-28-2007, 05:57 AM
I hate the Spurs.

Time to visit a Spurs message forum regularly and expect rivals to get high appraise.

u2sarajevo
02-28-2007, 07:59 AM
I hate the Spurs.

Time to visit a Spurs message forum regularly and expect rivals to get high appraise.Point taken. But I never came here because I hate the Spurs. I came here because I respect them. I stay because of all the kick ass personalities.

I get annoyed beyond belief by some of the bravado slung around by certain posters. Every board has them though. I am shocked by the number of Maverick threads allowed in this section. I keep expecting Kori to rename it to the "Mostly Mavs, some Suns, and I guess the rest of the NBA Central".

edit: I overused the word though, though..... though I did that I decided to edit it though.

BgT
02-28-2007, 08:14 AM
All time greats my ASS. :rolleyes

JMarkJohns
02-28-2007, 09:05 AM
guys...you may want to take jmark's posts with a grain of salt, much like the over the top gentleman who started this thread (they deserve each other.)

jmark is a good natured fellow, but he'll say anything to justify the things he has posted despite of how nonsensical it forces him to become.

as a for instance, during the playoffs last year he beat everyone down with the point that the suns were major underdogs in their series with the lakers. When it was revealed that they were considerable favorites according to las vegas odds makers, he posted that spreads and odds were in no way an indication of who was the favorite and who was considered the underdog.

As for the favorites, you have your oddsmakers, I had expert analysts, the majority of which picked the Lakers. The Suns were underdogs, despite what Vegas said.

Since we're brining up last season, why not include the ass-whoopin' you received at the hands of my nonsensical rants? Oh, because it's not pertanent to your angle/agenda... Nevermind.

baseline bum
02-28-2007, 11:56 AM
:lol

See '06 Pistons

Sec24Row7
02-28-2007, 12:33 PM
I love regular season greatness...

Lot of good it did the spurs in the 90's.

LB7
02-28-2007, 12:40 PM
I love regular season greatness...

Lot of good it did the spurs in the 90's.
Did the Bulls some good in the 90s

Islymore
02-28-2007, 12:44 PM
Premature Ejaculation Forum :)

Just thot i would post this thot again... seems like the common thot from all fans no matter the team...

sandeepgm
02-28-2007, 02:18 PM
Original quote
"This is a pointless thread and there is no way in hell we are only losing one game from here on."

can i quote you on that so i can rub it in your face in june "mavs fan"

Oh yea sure you can quote me on that. For the record i am saying we are not beating the bulls record of 72-10

hater
02-28-2007, 02:54 PM
they're great at bitching and choking

jacobdrj
02-28-2007, 03:09 PM
Congrats! You are one of [if not] the greatest regular season team OF ALL TIME!!! WOO HOO!

Word to the wise: Don't brag about 'being the greatest' over regular season 'stuff'. It just isn't worth it...

Not that I don't think the Mavs are the favorates this year to win it all, but show confidence before, brag after...

exstatic
02-28-2007, 03:35 PM
Win something, then get back to us.

dallaskd
02-28-2007, 06:26 PM
Congrats! You are one of [if not] the greatest regular season team OF ALL TIME!!! WOO HOO!

Word to the wise: Don't brag about 'being the greatest' over regular season 'stuff'. It just isn't worth it...

Not that I don't think the Mavs are the favorates this year to win it all, but show confidence before, brag after...

just last year, piston fans were bragging about being the best regular season team.

dg7md
02-28-2007, 06:34 PM
Point taken. But I never came here because I hate the Spurs. I came here because I respect them. I stay because of all the kick ass personalities.

I get annoyed beyond belief by some of the bravado slung around by certain posters. Every board has them though. I am shocked by the number of Maverick threads allowed in this section. I keep expecting Kori to rename it to the "Mostly Mavs, some Suns, and I guess the rest of the NBA Central".

edit: I overused the word though, though..... though I did that I decided to edit it though.

Well I by no means was referring to all Mavs fans when I was using that statement, but quite a few on here are just here to stir trouble and brag about things. I am not 100 percent sure but I doubt any regular that goes to Spurstalk does the same at Mavs forums.

I respect the Mavs too, just some fans, like you are pissed at some of Spurs fans, kind of make me mad too. I don't let it bother me too much but the idioticy of some fans here of all teams can be stunning.

sandman
02-28-2007, 07:06 PM
I am fairly certain that any description that uses the words "All time Greats" would never be in reference to a regular season record.

Throw a Championship in there and it will be considered a great season, but multiple Championships would need to be included in the equation before it went from being one special season to "All time Greats".

The Bulls 72-10 season was special in and of itself, but was made the stuff of "All time Greats" because it occured in the midst of a dynasty.

jacobdrj
02-28-2007, 07:13 PM
just last year, piston fans were bragging about being the best regular season team.

'pistons fans'

Any more ignorant generalizations you would like to make?

I HATED them wearing themselves down. I hated that they weren't doing that they had done the previous 3 years that got them a title (they had depth, just lacked a star). I hated everything about last year, from the moment I discovered Flip Saunders is Rick Adleman 2.0. They had no shot starting day 1. We just didn't realize it until January...

dallaskd
03-04-2007, 03:58 PM
15 in a row. told ya they would win out.

dg7md
03-04-2007, 04:08 PM
I am fairly certain that any description that uses the words "All time Greats" would never be in reference to a regular season record.

Throw a Championship in there and it will be considered a great season, but multiple Championships would need to be included in the equation before it went from being one special season to "All time Greats".

The Bulls 72-10 season was special in and of itself, but was made the stuff of "All time Greats" because it occured in the midst of a dynasty.

I agree and disagree to an extent. There have been a lot of all-time greats without championships, and there have been a lot of great all-time memorable teams without them as well.

Mavs aren't going to win 6 in a row, no other team ever will again for a long, long time, but it doesn't mean that if they do win the title that they won't be considered for a top-tier level team just because they haven't won dynasties, and who's to say they won't?

dallasmavsnfuego214
03-04-2007, 07:02 PM
Premature ejaculation forum.

or pre-05-06 Finals forum

God, im getting tired of these threads

Dirkadirkastan
03-04-2007, 07:15 PM

Word.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-04-2007, 11:14 PM
one thought. one word. one syllable. one consonant. one vowel.

NO

dallaskd
03-05-2007, 08:21 PM

and the mavs are not in the midst of a dynasty? this is the start of one.

mardigan
03-05-2007, 08:28 PM
Youhave to actually win a title before you can start a dynasty

Agloco
03-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Win something, then get back to us.

They did!!!!!

A division title and the Western Conference Championship Trophy........

Mad props to the Mavs, mad props......... :clap :clap

Agloco
03-05-2007, 09:56 PM

Yeah, the start of winning division titles on a regular........

Again, mad props........ :clap :clap

dallaskd
03-05-2007, 10:27 PM
Yeah, the start of winning division titles on a regular........

Again, mad props........ :clap :clap

a dynasty has to start some time. who ever said you have to build your self up before becoming dominate. everyone said the patriots are the dynasty of the 2000s. where did they come from? they just showed up and started winning. do i have a right to say a dynasty is building when dallas whens the title this year?

z0sa
03-06-2007, 11:56 AM
uh, last i checked, you have to actually play the games and win before you start the dynasty talks.

monosylab1k
03-06-2007, 12:02 PM
everyone said the patriots are the dynasty of the 2000s. where did they come from? they just showed up and started winning.

if you think the patriots just "showed up and started winning" then you probably don't know what you're talking about. but i digress.

can we PLEASE let this thread die?

Agloco
03-06-2007, 12:05 PM
a dynasty has to start some time. who ever said you have to build your self up before becoming dominate. everyone said the patriots are the dynasty of the 2000s. where did they come from? they just showed up and started winning. do i have a right to say a dynasty is building when dallas whens the title this year?

The entire point is that they don't start talking about that crap until AFTER the second championship.

One title doesn't even qualify you to talk dynasty yet.........

Oh wait, you actually got none. So whats all the hype about ?

monosylab1k
03-06-2007, 12:06 PM
The entire point is that they don't start talking about that crap until AFTER the second championship.

Three titles minimum before you can be called a dynasty, IMO.

Agloco
03-06-2007, 12:08 PM

Agreed. My point was that the talk of a possible dynasty doesnt even begin until after the second title.

Most would probably disagree with me, but I'm of the opinion that if the Spurs notch another title this year, they could be classified as a dynasty. Two more championships before 2010 seals the deal also.

sandeepgm
03-06-2007, 03:17 PM
Actually we started a dynasty a few years back. Then we stopped the dynasty thingy. Now we started again. Eventually when we win championships, remember that i also talked about dynasty..ok...post ends.

monosylab1k
03-06-2007, 03:30 PM
Agreed. My point was that the talk of a possible dynasty doesnt even begin until after the second title.

Most would probably disagree with me, but I'm of the opinion that if the Spurs notch another title this year, they could be classified as a dynasty. Two more championships before 2010 seals the deal also.

I would almost consider them a dynasty already, but i think the three-peating Lakers have to be the dynasty. Maybe they can both co-exist tho, like Lakers/Celtics in the 80's.

Okay i'm done talking on here, because this thread seriously needs to die.

dav4463
03-06-2007, 04:10 PM
Remember the Seattle Mariners team that won something like 116 games for one of the best regular season records in baseball history and then got bounced in the playoffs? Nobody talks about that team anymore as one of the greats because they couldn't finish.

dallaskd
03-06-2007, 08:43 PM

Oh wait, you actually got none. So whats all the hype about ?

whats all the hype about?!? were 50-9. thats the hype.

dirk4mvp
03-06-2007, 08:46 PM
:smchode:

mardigan
03-06-2007, 09:05 PM

Yea, the Spurs won 3 in 7 years and I dont know if I would consider that a dynasty

Agloco
03-06-2007, 09:50 PM
Yea, the Spurs won 3 in 5 years and I dont know if I would consider that a dynasty

Three in seven eh?

mardigan
03-06-2007, 09:52 PM
Three in seven eh?
U know what i meant

dallaskd
03-06-2007, 11:04 PM
:king 16!

mqywaaah
03-06-2007, 11:09 PM
All time greats? Yes!!! With a Championship in june, definitely yes!!! If none, no.

What a Good Guy
03-06-2007, 11:28 PM
dallaskd...

what a good guy!!

mqywaaah
03-06-2007, 11:32 PM
What a good guy.... umm....

Agloco
03-07-2007, 10:50 AM
:king 16!

I've got another number for you:

zero....... as in:

1) What that means

2) The number of titles you currently have

3) The number of titles you will have going into the 2007-2008 season

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-07-2007, 10:57 AM
I wonder if dethroning the Jordan Bulls regular season record could give the Mavs that intimidation edge into the Postseason.

I say 73-9 would have a nice little boogie man quality to it.

dallaskd
03-07-2007, 09:34 PM
I've got another number for you:

zero....... as in:

1) What that means

2) The number of titles you currently have

3) The number of titles you will have going into the 2007-2008 season

:drunk

Bruno
05-05-2007, 06:48 AM
All time greatest Chockers ? ;)

Leetonidas
05-05-2007, 07:45 AM
All time greatest Chockers ? ;)
Yes.

LaMarcus Bryant
06-24-2007, 12:08 PM
LOL sure are a fine crop of giant douches for mavs fans in this world.

Findog
06-24-2007, 02:10 PM
Oh look, somebody bumped an old thread that now looks passe. How clever.

CubanMustGo
06-24-2007, 02:14 PM
Oh look, somebody bumped an old thread that now looks passe. How clever.

Yeah, it always hurts to be reminded that karma's a bitch.

Findog
06-24-2007, 02:16 PM
Yeah, it always hurts to be reminded that karma's a bitch.

So says the "classy" Spurs fan. The Spurs, class organization, with "class" fans.

CubanMustGo
06-24-2007, 02:21 PM
So says the "classy" Spurs fan. The Spurs, class organization, with "class" fans.

Don't let the virtual door slam you in the ass on the way out. :donkey

Findog
06-24-2007, 02:45 PM
Don't let the virtual door slam you in the ass on the way out. :donkey

You seem angry. Aren't Spurs/Mavs like UT/TCU? You seem awfully sensitive and insecure.

ChumpDumper
06-24-2007, 03:58 PM
What do you mean "looks" passé?

CubanMustGo
06-24-2007, 05:09 PM
You seem angry. Aren't Spurs/Mavs like UT/TCU? You seem awfully sensitive and insecure.

Angry? No, four championships says I'm not angry.

Bemused that Mav fan still feels the need to come to a Spurs board and tell us how to think and what should and should not be posted, yes.

Findog
06-24-2007, 05:10 PM
Angry? No, four championships says I'm not angry.

Bemused that Mav fan still feels the need to come to a Spurs board and tell us how to think and what should and should not be posted, yes.

Who says I'm being the etiquette police? I just find it funny that four titles can't erase sore winnerism.

Switchman
06-24-2007, 05:58 PM
haha when 82 games this year. As long as the Spurs get the 8th seed and play in the playoffs....REPEATTTT.

Agloco
06-24-2007, 07:38 PM
Who says I'm being the etiquette police? I just find it funny that four titles can't erase sore winnerism.

Perhaps not, but an eight seed beating a one seed in a seven game series works wonders.........

dallaskd
06-24-2007, 08:53 PM
How did this thread come up. It was on about page 20.

SAtown
06-24-2007, 09:04 PM
Another hilarious thread. Keep these coming next year Mav fan

monosylab1k
06-24-2007, 09:35 PM
LOL sure are a fine crop of giant douches for mavs fans in this world.

Actually all this thread proves is that you didn't fucking read it you retarded fuck. It consisted of one "mavfan" who already jumped ship to the Sixers calling them an "all time great" team and then every other Mav fan in the thread saying that he was a dumbass. And then Sunfan jumping in like their team ever had a shot. But nice try.

td4mvp21
06-24-2007, 09:36 PM
I have nothing to fall back on since my team choked to an 8th seed so I'll just bring up class instead.

Findog
06-24-2007, 10:03 PM
Hey, I didn't start the thread and make predictions about the playoffs.

confined
06-24-2007, 11:35 PM
Another hilarious thread. Keep these coming next year Mav fan

it's not that funny at all

oh and rage = joke and 1/2

Roxsfan
06-25-2007, 12:05 AM

Choked in finals,
Choked in first round

Mavs are now, have always been, and will always be pathetic

Findog
06-25-2007, 12:33 AM
Choked in finals,
Choked in first round

Wait, is Rockets fan actually lecturing Mavs fan about choking?? WTF?? I could've sworn that the Rockets blew a 2-0 lead a couple of years back, and they had three of the next four games in that series at the Toyota Center. I can't remember who they played though, it escapes me at the moment. And didn't they have a 2-0 series lead over Utah this year? How did that turn out?

Yao and T-Mac have accomplished about as much as the Charlotte Bobcats, last time I checked. Get back to me when Tracy pops his second-round cherry.

Mavs are now, have always been, and will always be pathetic

Yeah, and after last spring, the Spurs were too old, etc. Please tell us more, Nostradamus.

spursfan09
06-25-2007, 08:49 AM
:lol this is awesome!

samikeyp
06-25-2007, 08:54 AM
I just find it funny that four titles can't erase sore winnerism.

I find it even more funny that a Mavs fan is dissing an entire fan base over the ramblings of a few fans in one thread.

Now that's class!!
:lmao

Findog
06-25-2007, 09:05 AM
I find it even more funny that a Mavs fan is dissing an entire fan base over the ramblings of a few fans in one thread.

Now that's class!!

You're right, I should've said "some" fans. There's a lot of great posters on Spurstalk, otherwise I wouldn't be here.

monosylab1k
06-25-2007, 09:09 AM

Now that's class!!

I find it most hilarious of all that "some" Spurs fans so desperately want to shit on the Mavericks and their fans that they bring up a dead thread started by a SIXERS fan and don't bother reading the thread to find out that every Mavs fan on here thought that this thread was stupid back when it was initially created.

samikeyp
06-25-2007, 09:14 AM
I find it most hilarious of all that "some" Spurs fans so desperately want to shit on the Mavericks and their fans that they bring up a dead thread started by a SIXERS fan and don't bother reading the thread to find out that every Mavs fan on here thought that this thread was stupid back when it was initially created

As do I. Almost as funny as some Mavs fans(not all) who are so desperate to shit on the Spurs success that they invented ways to somehow "taint" the Spurs 4 titles.

Findog
06-25-2007, 09:18 AM
As do I. Almost as funny as some Mavs fans(not all) who are so desperate to shit on the Spurs success that they invented ways to somehow "taint" the Spurs 4 titles.

Haven't you heard? The Spurs are boring and dirty. :oink

Dirk Nowitzki
06-25-2007, 09:24 AM
:rolleyes :rolleyes Spurs fans are fucking jealous of the Mavs and their fans cuz unlike them, we had a bad ass championship celebration! 67 win parade featuring the rising of the southwest division banner and they are pissed they couldn't achieve a status like that. Dirk winning the MVP while Duncan couldn't even take home the Finals MVP also really gets to them! This is a great time being a Mavs fan while the fans from the swampy riverwalk are going apeshit on 2 weakass awards...the finals mvp and the title. Big fucking deal! :elephant :elephant :elephant :p:

samikeyp
06-25-2007, 09:25 AM
Haven't you heard? The Spurs are boring and dirty.

Yeah...I also heard that NO ONE outside San Antonio watches or roots for the Spurs.

Findog
06-25-2007, 09:29 AM
Yeah...I also heard that NO ONE outside San Antonio watches or roots for the Spurs.

I have to say, it was fuckin' hilarious when the Cavs played the Darth Vader march for Spurs player introductions.

monosylab1k
06-25-2007, 09:30 AM
I have to say, it was fuckin' hilarious when the Cavs played the Darth Vader march for Spurs player introductions.

Can Mav fans steal from the Red Sox and start calling the Spurs the "Evil Empire"? I think i'm going to do it.

samikeyp
06-25-2007, 09:31 AM

That happens in a lot of arenas.

I remember NJ did it to the Spurs in the 2003 Finals.

I love it because I like that march. I think the Spurs should do it for the team at home games.

Its better than "Ya'll ready for this?" :lol

Findog
06-25-2007, 09:49 AM
That happens in a lot of arenas.

I remember NJ did it to the Spurs in the 2003 Finals.

I love it because I like that march. I think the Spurs should do it for the team at home games.

Its better than "Ya'll ready for this?" :lol

Hey man, that's a great song, don't shit on that :lol

The Spurs absolutely should use the Vader march, they need to embrace their status as villians and roll with it. Enough of this "the Right Way" shit.

Findog
06-25-2007, 09:54 AM
Can Mav fans steal from the Red Sox and start calling the Spurs the "Evil Empire"? I think i'm going to do it.

I would love for Dallas to become the Red Sox to San Antonio's Yankees...because that would mean we've actually won a title. How I long for the day when Spurs fans "taunt" us with 4 > 1 posts. I'm not greedy, I just want one.

monosylab1k
06-25-2007, 10:13 AM
I would love for Dallas to become the Red Sox to San Antonio's Yankees...because that would mean we've actually won a title. How I long for the day when Spurs fans "taunt" us with 4 > 1 posts. I'm not greedy, I just want one.

Yeah just one would be great. We should steal everything from the Red Sox this season...we can start calling them the Evil Empire, convince Cuban to make some offical "Take your four rings and shove em up your ass!" T-shirts, and then go out and get our Curt Schilling.....well 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Findog
06-25-2007, 12:06 PM
Yeah just one would be great. We should steal everything from the Red Sox this season...we can start calling them the Evil Empire, convince Cuban to make some offical "Take your four rings and shove em up your ass!" T-shirts, and then go out and get our Curt Schilling.....well 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

Donnie keeps talking about how they need a small forward, which makes me think Jet is on the market, Harris is being given the job fulltime, and Josh is sliding over to the 2-guard. Josh in the backcourt solves a lot of the size/strength disadvantage we had against the Warriors, but I don't know where they're targeting another wing, be it the draft or a veteran. Don't know how they could do it without giving up too much, but a s&t of Rashard Lewis for Jet would be great.

Damp/Diop - 5
Dirk - 4
Lewis - 3
J-Ho - 2
Devin - 1

samikeyp
06-25-2007, 12:18 PM

Hopefully you won't have to go 84 years though.

dallaskd
06-25-2007, 01:08 PM
Ill change the title to 08' Mavs: All Time Greats?