PDA

View Full Version : im calling it now, you guys have to read this....

BUMP
02-27-2007, 11:29 PM
i guarantee the Mavs win the championship this year. we are too good. only six teams have ever been on a better pace than we have this year and they all won the championship.

if im wrong you can ban me-all my troll names forever. thats how confident i am

Kori Ellis
02-27-2007, 11:32 PM
Weren't the Pistons on pace to win 70 games around this time last season?

E20
02-27-2007, 11:33 PM
Dude, the Mavs will be ousted in the 1st round of the playoffs book that.

ShoogarBear
02-27-2007, 11:35 PM
A team hasn't looked this good since the 2006 Pistons.

EDIT: Kori beat me to it.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-27-2007, 11:41 PM
i guarantee the Mavs win the championship this year. we are too good. only six teams have ever been on a better pace than we have this year and they all won the championship.

Quoted for proof.

stretch
02-27-2007, 11:47 PM
Weren't the Pistons on pace to win 70 games around this time last season?
While im not guaranteeing anything, there is a big difference between those Pistons and these Mavs. Flip Saunders is NOTHING like Avery. Flip lets guys get complacent and lose focus. Avery doesnt stand up for that crap though.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-27-2007, 11:47 PM
2/27/06
Pistons 47-9
2/27/07
Mavs 48-9

.......and for the geniuses that say "We have a better record than the Pistons" add up the combined games and, of course, the mavs have played more.

ShoogarBear
02-27-2007, 11:50 PM
There is a huge difference here that we all seem to be missing, though.

The 2007 Mavs are a determined team out to avenge a disappointing loss in the previous year's NBA Finals.

Kori Ellis
02-27-2007, 11:51 PM
While im not guaranteeing anything, there is a big difference between those Pistons and these Mavs. Flip Saunders is NOTHING like Avery. Flip lets guys get complacent and lose focus. Avery doesnt stand up for that crap though.

I wasn't disputing the Mavs are good or that they are better than last year's Pistons. I was just wondering about the validity of the original poster's statement that all teams who were on the same pace have won titles.

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-27-2007, 11:53 PM
Isn't putting yourself up for banning kind of a cop out? If you're wrong you don't have to be around to get mocked endlessly. Seems to me the fair thing would be to make your password public so we can make you say funny things if you're wrong.

Your prediction is duly noted.

bigfundamental21
02-27-2007, 11:54 PM

The 2007 Mavs are a determined team out to avenge a disappointing loss in the previous year's NBA Finals.

So isn't that the same as a Spurs team out to avenge a playoff series loss to those same Mavs? There are plenty of teams that have a reason to play hungry. We all know great regular season records do not always equal a championship. Once the playoffs come around, its anyone's game!

And I say, GAME ON!

FromWayDowntown
02-27-2007, 11:54 PM

Yup. Those Pistons couldn't make that cl . . . . Oh, I get it.

Surely there's some sort of owl for that.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-27-2007, 11:55 PM

The 2007 Mavs are a determined team out to avenge a disappointing loss in the previous year's NBA Finals.So was Detroit last year. I think being one game away compared to 2 games when it was all "said and done" is a little more determining in my opinion.

sabar
02-27-2007, 11:58 PM
Yup. Those Pistons couldn't make that cl . . . . Oh, I get it.

Surely there's some sort of owl for that.

I reccomend the generic orly

Kobulingam
02-27-2007, 11:58 PM
So was Detroit last year. I think being one game away compared to 2 games when it was all "said and done" is a little more determining in my opinion.

That's the point being made by that poster

stretch
02-27-2007, 11:59 PM
I wasn't disputing the Mavs are good or that they are better than last year's Pistons. I was just wondering about the validity of the original poster's statement that all teams who were on the same pace have won titles.
Oh I know that. Likewise, I was just saying that Avery won't let that kind of thing happen. If he was on the Pistons last year, there is no question they would have won 70 (mainly cuz they were in the weak-ass Eastern conference)

MannyIsGod
02-27-2007, 11:59 PM
:lol

Damn, 2 people missed the obvious Shoogar joke. Com'on now.

Kori Ellis
02-28-2007, 12:01 AM
Oh I know that. Likewise, I was just saying that Avery won't let that kind of thing happen. If he was on the Pistons last year, there is no question they would have won 70 (mainly cuz they were in the weak-ass Eastern conference)

Well there's some stuff out of AJ's control (injuries) but you are right, he's 10 times the coach that Flip is. However, guaranteeing a title right now is extremely premature. There's nearly 4 months of basketball to be played before it's over.

stretch
02-28-2007, 12:09 AM
Well there's some stuff out of AJ's control (injuries) but you are right, he's 10 times the coach that Flip is. However, guaranteeing a title right now is extremely premature. There's nearly 4 months of basketball to be played before it's over.
I agree 100%. I love the Mavs as much as anyone, but im getting tired of these dumb fans going and saying stupid stuff and causing dellusional Suns fans to bitch and whine back and forth with dumb Mavs fans non-stop over stupid crap. Please put an end to this stuff Kori.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-28-2007, 12:10 AM

Damn, 2 people missed the obvious Shoogar joke. Com'on now.http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smidepressed.gif

adrienne
02-28-2007, 12:15 AM
I feel like I need to read every thread on the board and post a disclaimer for the sake of all real Mavs fans, my goodness...

stretch
02-28-2007, 12:19 AM
I feel like I need to read every thread on the board and post a disclaimer for the sake of all real Mavs fans, my goodness...
agreed. although i know at times, i get into an insult war, its mainly just with one guy, RonMexico, cuz i think its fun to fuck with him. but guys like Nashfan, Amarelooms, and other such morons are just retarded.

say, whatever happened to that one guy, Jonathan? he was dumb, but kinda funny still.

T-Pain
02-28-2007, 12:20 AM

well i wouldnt be suprised if that happened, im not counting them out. but well see...

phyzik
02-28-2007, 01:29 AM
Can this be said for all mav trolls except for like Ponky, Adrienne and like.... oh wait.... thats it.

jaespur21
02-28-2007, 01:39 AM
either the Spurs or mavs will win it this year.....i give the Suns a 20 percent chance....just like last year.......O wait

ponky
02-28-2007, 01:51 AM
Can this be said for all mav trolls except for like Ponky, Adrienne and like.... oh wait.... thats it.

:) thanks!

i hate these kinds of threads, enthusiasm mixed with gloating stupidity, kind of like the jeffdrums dude...first the stupid all-time greatest thread and now this crap? i love the mavericks and i'm excited about all the competition that everyone may be in for in the west, but it will be even harder this year to get to where we were last season so stfu silly mavs fan and just enjoy the ride

Please_dont_ban_me
02-28-2007, 01:56 AM
Lame.

We need some sort of a "I'll shave my head if I lose the bet" type confidence.

ponky
02-28-2007, 01:59 AM
Lame.

We need some sort of a "I'll shave my head if I lose the bet" type confidence.

lol, i know there are about ten of us getting tats if they win, other than that, i'm going to be too busy crying if they lose to do anything else...haha, j/k, i'll be depressed for a week and then move on to grand slam tennis

Udrihlooms
02-28-2007, 02:02 AM
idiot thread...

dallas is a good, great team.

alas, many of its fans are just too stupid. Poor Mavs.

Their owner talks too much trash. Their fans talk shit.

please do your team some justice. it's not illegal to use your brains before you post anything.

why can't you be like your team? let your games speak for you. i've yet to hear AJ or Dirk brag about their record, but many of you are just SO DUMB!

ponky
02-28-2007, 02:05 AM
idiot thread...

dallas is a good, great team.

alas, many of its fans are just too stupid. Poor Mavs.

Their owner talks too much trash. Their fans talk shit.

please do your team some justice. it's not illegal to use your brains before you post anything.

why can't you be like your team? let your games speak for you. i've yet to hear AJ or Dirk brag about their record, but many of you are just SO DUMB!

i'm not going to defend this stupid thread but trust me, there are plenty of stupid spurs fans too...there are plenty of stupid *insert team here* fans everywhere, you just see more mavs fans because we're in the same state and we play each other hard these days...and spurstalk is a cool forum with lots of fans from lots of different teams

ShoogarBear
02-28-2007, 02:06 AM
I will shave my head if the Spurs don't win it this year.

Udrihlooms
02-28-2007, 02:18 AM
i'm not going to defend this stupid thread but trust me, there are plenty of stupid spurs fans too...there are plenty of stupid *insert team here* fans everywhere, you just see more mavs fans because we're in the same state and we play each other hard these days...and spurstalk is a cool forum with lots of fans from lots of different teams

i know, i know. but i just hope that the fans will at least bear some semblance from the modesty of their team.

Dallas, as a team, is a very good one, and they're very modest, as I've yet to read some trash talk from them. They know that all these records are nothing if you don't have the trophy at the end to show for it. But as for the fans, I honestly don't think that Dallas (maybe Mark Cuban) will be proud of how the fans brag about the season record.

Last time I've read Dirk and AJ, they're still their old self-depreciating self.

ponky
02-28-2007, 02:31 AM
i know, i know. but i just hope that the fans will at least bear some semblance from the modesty of their team.

Dallas, as a team, is a very good one, and they're very modest, as I've yet to read some trash talk from them. They know that all these records are nothing if you don't have the trophy at the end to show for it. But as for the fans, I honestly don't think that Dallas (maybe Mark Cuban) will be proud of how the fans brag about the season record.

Last time I've read Dirk and AJ, they're still their old self-depreciating self.

Maybe it's more the sports culture of the city than just being fans of the Mavericks. I like a lot of Mavs fans I meet online and sometimes at the games but there are lots of Dallasites who just bitch about their teams when they're down, hurl gross insults to the visiting teams and just act lukewarm until a team actually makes the playoffs and does well. I was shocked last week listening to that show "Little Ball of Hate" when they were talking about Wade and everytime I drive into Dallas these two hicks on 103.3 ESPN just talk so much shit about the Mavs, Cowboys, any team, all negative crap. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of crude, drunk Spurs fans in the upper bowls down in San Antonio but I'm usually cheering for the visiting team so I expect some hatred coming my way and I feed off the smack sometimes.

mavsfan1000
02-28-2007, 03:26 AM
I would definitely put the mavs as the clear favorite but nothing is guaranteed. Injuries or bad luck can happen in the playoffs. The one thing that mavs did that is more impressive than the pistons is that they did this in a much tougher conference.

aaronstampler
02-28-2007, 04:35 AM
I think, unfortunately that Cuban has created this culture for Mavs fans to act like spoiled classless brats. They're poor winners when they win, sore losers when they lose, they never give their opponents any credit and any whistle against their team is a bad call. Home court advantage is one thing, but in Dallas it's more like the goal is to humiliate the other team, even when you play nobodies. Even the broadcasters are instructed to be as shamelessly biased as possible.

I think in many respects Cuban found the perfect coach in Avery because their personalities are very similar. Avery understands that to truly kick another team's ass, you have to be able to do it on both ends of the floor. The Mavs haven't had a coach like that before. The problem is that Avery isn't above playing dirty or whining to the press about refereeing, "being seduced by the dark side of the force" as it were.

I think the Mavs act during the Finals got very boorish and tiresome and I don't think Stern wants to make that mistake again if he can avoid it.

mavsfan1000
02-28-2007, 06:16 AM
I think, unfortunately that Cuban has created this culture for Mavs fans to act like spoiled classless brats. They're poor winners when they win, sore losers when they lose, they never give their opponents any credit and any whistle against their team is a bad call. Home court advantage is one thing, but in Dallas it's more like the goal is to humiliate the other team, even when you play nobodies. Even the broadcasters are instructed to be as shamelessly biased as possible.

I think in many respects Cuban found the perfect coach in Avery because their personalities are very similar. Avery understands that to truly kick another team's ass, you have to be able to do it on both ends of the floor. The Mavs haven't had a coach like that before. The problem is that Avery isn't above playing dirty or whining to the press about refereeing, "being seduced by the dark side of the force" as it were.

I think the Mavs act during the Finals got very boorish and tiresome and I don't think Stern wants to make that mistake again if he can avoid it.
:rolleyes

freemeat
02-28-2007, 06:31 AM
Minutes Per Game --

Dirk Nowitzki 36.7
Josh Howard 35.4
Jason Terry 35.0
Jerry Stackhouse 23.4
Devin Harris 25.7
Erick Dampier 25.8

Tim Duncan 34.6
Tony Parker 33.1
Manu Ginobili 27.8
Brent Barry 21.7
Michael Finley 21.1
Bruce Bowen 31.0
Francisco Elson 18.7

It seems oddly familiar that last year the Pistons regular rotation was playing about that many minutes and weren't able to hit another "notch" when the playoffs came around...to have six guys with that many minutes during the regular season, will you be surprised that right now they're playing the best they will all season and post-season? No.

Yet I can see Timmy, Tony and Manu all getting around 40 per when it counts...

Oh, and is Robert Horry still on the team?

freemeat
02-28-2007, 07:00 AM
I wish I was as shameless as our Mavs fans here to go find their forum and be a troll...but I really don't have the time nor the lack of confidence in my own team to do so.

I mean, there's no point in doing it even if the Mavs actually win the title this year. They'll still have nothing on the Spurs franchise. SA has three titles, and should the Mavs actually win something, it will be under the coaching of a guy that will probably have his jersey retired in San Antonio.

Trolls are harmless, yet annoying...but at the same time, doesn't it say something about how they really feel their team hasn't produced shit for the time they've been fans?

mavsfan1000
02-28-2007, 07:04 AM
Minutes Per Game --

Dirk Nowitzki 36.7
Josh Howard 35.4
Jason Terry 35.0
Jerry Stackhouse 23.4
Devin Harris 25.7
Erick Dampier 25.8

Tim Duncan 34.6
Tony Parker 33.1
Manu Ginobili 27.8
Brent Barry 21.7
Michael Finley 21.1
Bruce Bowen 31.0
Francisco Elson 18.7

I think it shows the age of the spurs that they can't handle heavy minutes during the season. A 7 game series with the suns will surely make up for their lack of minutes though. :spin

kalikot_boy_kr
02-28-2007, 07:15 AM
:lol :lol IM CALLING IT NOW, YOU MAVS FANS TO READ THIS......" UR DRAMING......." :lol

Dalhoop
02-28-2007, 07:24 AM
Dirk Nowitzki 36.7
Josh Howard 35.4
Jason Terry 35.0
Jerry Stackhouse 23.4
Devin Harris 25.7
Erick Dampier 25.8

Tim Duncan 34.6
Tony Parker 33.1
Manu Ginobili 27.8
Brent Barry 21.7
Michael Finley 21.1
Bruce Bowen 31.0
Francisco Elson 18.7

You forgot this team ...

Amare Stoudemire 32.7
Steve Nash 35.3
Shawn Marion 38.7
Leandro Barbosa 31.9
Raja Bell 37.7
Boris Diaw 32.5

Talk about running out of gas ..

George Gervin's Afro
02-28-2007, 07:51 AM
Way to go out on a limb. I hope the Mavs choke again for Cuban stew on. I'm calling it now the Mavs will win the division!! :lol

ArgSpursFan
02-28-2007, 08:12 AM
lol, i know there are about ten of us getting tats if they win, other than that, i'm going to be too busy crying if they lose to do anything else...haha, j/k, i'll be depressed for a week and then move on to grand slam tennis

You guys are already used to be depressed because of something like that anyways.So you know for a fact that you all will move on in a week or so. :depressed

mavsfan1000
02-28-2007, 08:17 AM
After that Miami series I felt like killing myself. Life was horrible at that time. This year hopefully is different. :hang

jeffdrums22
02-28-2007, 08:32 AM

So? The Pistons were out to avenge the previous year's Finals too. The Mavericks are no where near as good as that Pistons team was. Plus, the Mavericks have been playing a bunch of easy teams.

mavsfan1000
02-28-2007, 08:39 AM
So? The Pistons were out to avenge the previous year's Finals too. The Mavericks are no where near as good as that Pistons team was. Plus, the Mavericks have been playing a bunch of easy teams.
I'm sure the majority of spurs fans disagree with you. The mavs are in a much tougher conference than the Pistons were. Avery has not let the mavs have a letdown this year. They are very disciplined now. Plus the Pistons starters were getting overplayed.

ShoogarBear
02-28-2007, 08:40 AM
Classic.

RC's Boss
02-28-2007, 08:45 AM
I think it shows the age of the spurs that they can't handle heavy minutes during the season. A 7 game series with the suns will surely make up for their lack of minutes though. :spin
It doesn't show age, its always been that way. Pop always monitors minutes like that.

Jimcs50
02-28-2007, 08:46 AM

I agree, I am betting 10k on Dallas to win it all when I get to Vegas Monday after next for Spring Break.

There is no way in hell that this juggernaut loses to anyone.

AJ is going to be one of the best coaches in history by the time he retires.

Another fuckup by Pop, letting him go to Dallas.

Jimcs50
02-28-2007, 08:48 AM
I will shave my head if the Spurs don't win it this year.

You are bald anyway, that is not unlike TPark saying he will go without sex for a year if SA does not win it all...BFD.

:)

jeffdrums22
02-28-2007, 09:03 AM

No, that means Dallas has no one other than Dirk. Josh Howard and Jason Terry are the next best players, who hardly do much of anything except take jump shots like Dirk.

The Spurs can afford for their Big Three to play less minutes.

Dallas doesn't even HAVE a Big Three.

LEONARD
02-28-2007, 09:20 AM
Pretty stupid to guarantee anything right now...Dirk could "Livingston" his knee tomorrow night...

They said on the radio this morning that only 5 teams have matched the Mavs start and all 5 won the title. It could be that last night's win made that stat true...I'm not really sure...

BUMP
02-28-2007, 09:21 AM
whats wrong with having confidence in your team? if we dont win it all, then you can call me a "selfless idiot spoiled brat."

but if we win............im just right.

Drive Like Jehu
02-28-2007, 09:22 AM

Didn't y'all plan your parade early last year too?

bdictjames
02-28-2007, 09:28 AM
Have the Mavs and Pistons met yet this season?

adrienne
02-28-2007, 09:28 AM
What is all this talk about planning the parade early? Do you really think that the city throws together something like that? Every team with a remote chance of winning a title has a plan.

Jimcs50
02-28-2007, 09:42 AM
What is all this talk about planning the parade early? Do you really think that the city throws together something like that? Every team with a remote chance of winning a title has a plan.

I have a plan for when Jessica Alba comes over to have sex with me too.

LEONARD
02-28-2007, 09:44 AM
Didn't y'all plan your parade early last year too?

Every team that's in the finals plans the parade before the champ is crowned. They HAVE TO. The problem is somebody in Dallas council leaked the info last year...

ArgSpursFan
02-28-2007, 09:46 AM
Every team that's in the finals plans the parade before the champ is crowned. They HAVE TO. The problem is somebody in Dallas council leaked the info last year...

No worries,It happened to the spurs in game 6 vs the Pistons too in 2005.

fitzgerald
02-28-2007, 10:09 AM
I have a plan for when Jessica Alba comes over to have sex with me too.

I have plans for her also. Big plans!

ShoogarBear
02-28-2007, 10:55 AM
I have plans for her also. Big plans!Too bad your map is not to scale.

LilMissSPURfect
02-28-2007, 11:01 AM
No worries,It happened to the spurs in game 6 vs the Pistons too in 2005.
Larry apparently didn't like the seating arrangements... :blah

big3bigD
02-28-2007, 12:49 PM
2/27/06
Pistons 47-9
2/27/07
Mavs 48-9

.......and for the geniuses that say "We have a better record than the Pistons" add up the combined games and, of course, the mavs have played more.

One also would have to considerthat the Pistons accumulated that record while playing against a very weak Eastern Conference. the Mavs have had one of the most West-heavy schedules to this point..... If the Mavs were in the east.........

Trainwreck2100
02-28-2007, 12:59 PM

i doubt it was somebody in the city council, just think of all the logistics involved, security and transportion must be arranged, a route has to be planned so alot of people know about it. That being said, they probably should have waited for a 3rd win before starting anything.

Trainwreck2100
02-28-2007, 01:00 PM
If the Mavs were in the east.........

None of you would be here.

ShoogarBear
02-28-2007, 01:01 PM
If the Mavs were in the east.........D-Wade would have gotten to eliminate them earlier?

mardigan
02-28-2007, 01:12 PM
You do realize that the teams that typical Mav fan wants to compare themselves to were beating much better teams in their eras than the Mavs have to deal with. There are really only 5 good teams in the league this year, and Utah and Houston might be a stretch. Think about the teams that Jordan had to go through every year. The Mavs are very good, but unbeatable? One injury, one mental break down by Dirk and it could all be over. When you have a young team where the leader is Dirk, I wouldnt be placing myself at the top of anything yet

BUMP
02-28-2007, 02:05 PM
You do realize that the teams that typical Mav fan wants to compare themselves to were beating much better teams in their eras than the Mavs have to deal with. There are really only 5 good teams in the league this year, and Utah and Houston might be a stretch. Think about the teams that Jordan had to go through every year. The Mavs are very good, but unbeatable? One injury, one mental break down by Dirk and it could all be over. When you have a young team where the leader is Dirk, I wouldnt be placing myself at the top of anything yet

young?

Stackhouse, Terry, Nowitzki? doesnt seem too young too me. they also have enough experience now. i know you all are praying for an injury to Dirk but i dont think that will happen. and what are the much better teams that the Bulls had to deal with in the mid-90's????? seriously name them.

doesnt sound like you know what your talking about

JPB
02-28-2007, 02:17 PM
young?

Stackhouse, Terry, Nowitzki? doesnt seem too young too me. they also have enough experience now. i know you all are praying for an injury to Dirk but i dont think that will happen. and what are the much better teams that the Bulls had to deal with in the mid-90's????? seriously name them.

Stockton-Malone's Jazz. bulls won 4-2 but games were close and without Malone choking at the FT line and at the end at some games, could have been a game 7 series.

Drexler's Portland was a good team too.

LEONARD
02-28-2007, 02:29 PM
i doubt it was somebody in the city council, just think of all the logistics involved, security and transportion must be arranged, a route has to be planned so alot of people know about it. That being said, they probably should have waited for a 3rd win before starting anything.

So plan a parade in a couple days?

More like city officials than city council I guess. Of couse a lot of people know, but one person was quoted in the paper...

"Celia Barshop, manager of the city's Office of Special Events"

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/061306dnmetmavparade.128518df.html

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-28-2007, 03:08 PM
Stockton-Malone's Jazz. bulls won 4-2 but games were close and without Malone choking at the FT line and at the end at some games, could have been a game 7 series.

Drexler's Portland was a good team too.

And getting to those finals usually took them through some top notch competition (Pistons, Knicks, Pacers). Anyways, what was the original point of this thread? Oh yeah, the Mavs and Spurs play good games. Both teams play hard. Is it May yet?

1techsan
02-28-2007, 03:22 PM
Mavs will win it all this year. For three reasons, 1. They are clearly better, 2. Spurs appear to have learned how to lose, 3. Did I mention the Mavs were better.

Chaos, confusion, panic, and hysteria. My work here is done

viggenja37
02-28-2007, 03:29 PM
Unfortunately, just like 02-03 and 05-06, the real NBA championship will be decided between the Spurs and the Mavs.

ShoogarBear
02-28-2007, 03:32 PM
Is that what happened in 05-06?

spurs_fan_in_exile
02-28-2007, 03:43 PM
Is that what happened in 05-06?
Well he did say the "real NBA" championship. IIRC, after the finals last year the Mavs decided that the western conference should break away and be a league unto itself with Cuban as the commissioner. The Catholic church tried something similar a few centuries back with mixed results.

hater
02-28-2007, 03:45 PM
There's gonna be some dissapointed Mav fans afer playoffs are done. Hopefully they will kill themselves and won't come back here next year.

mardigan
02-28-2007, 03:46 PM
young?

Knicks, Pistons, Lakers, Celtics, Utah, Seattle, Phoenix , all with at least one of the 50 greatest on each team except Seattle stupid

Howard, Diop, and Harris are young, and Dirk is 28, not very old in my book. Terry is 29. Sounds like you dont know what you are talking about

LEONARD
02-28-2007, 03:47 PM
There's gonna be some dissapointed Mav fans afer playoffs are done. Hopefully they will kill themselves and won't come back here next year.

Wow...

mardigan
02-28-2007, 03:48 PM
Yea that was a little much

ginobili fan
02-28-2007, 03:53 PM
the spurs will w. ... .etghtyjuikuo l ommmpoùù :sleep

Cherry
02-28-2007, 03:55 PM
i guarantee the MAVS win the championship this year. thats how confident i am

too confident, too early. :sleep

Rummpd
02-28-2007, 04:25 PM
Book it Mavs flame out, could be 1st round, 2nd round, 3rd or 4th but when push comes to shove = choke city strikes again.

ggoose25
02-28-2007, 04:31 PM
Book it Mavs flame out, could be 1st round, 2nd round, 3rd or 4th but when push comes to shove = choke city strikes again.

tis true.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o74/ggoose25/cubanchoked4rk.gif

hater
02-28-2007, 04:37 PM

funniest thing is even if Mavs are up 3-0 in any of their playoff series, ppl will still be unsure if they will catually win the series :lol

Dirk Nowitzki
02-28-2007, 04:50 PM

:elephant :elephant Amen brother! I have my guarntee in my sig as well. Literally the Mavs have the title in their hands but it is not offically theirs yet. They have to keep focus, stay healthy and play their asses off when it comes down to the real season. If they manage to do all those things, no question about it they WILL be the champs.

resistanze
02-28-2007, 05:05 PM

lmfao.

LEONARD
02-28-2007, 05:06 PM
jeffdrums22 is DELUSIONAL...

cornbread
02-28-2007, 05:14 PM
:elephant :elephant Amen brother! I have my guarntee in my sig as well.
:lol Yeah, but you have one of your other gaurantees under your name so it's tough take you seriously.

Dirk Nowitzki
02-28-2007, 05:21 PM
:lol Yeah, but you have one of your other gaurantees under your name so it's tough take you seriously.

Actually Kori or LJ put that shit under my name on purpose. I told them I wanted "Mavs will be 2007 Champs" and they changed it all around on me. :rolleyes :rolleyes

cornbread
02-28-2007, 05:23 PM
Actually Kori or LJ put that shit under my name on purpose. I told them I wanted "Mavs will be 2007 Champs" and they changed it all around on me. :rolleyes :rolleyes
:lol Fair enough.

GrandeDavid
02-28-2007, 05:54 PM
I'm going with San Antonio. I just feel that things will break their way and they'll squeak by the Mavs.

dg7md
02-28-2007, 05:54 PM
I have some friends here in Dallas who are major Mavs fans, it's good, no problem there, although all they are talking about is their record and how they'd be really happy if Dirk were the MVP.

Now I know this franchise was in shambles before 2000 (witnessed it first-hand), but I don't think any fans ever ride a bandwagon harder for semi-meaningless awards.

I'd be excited and wish for Duncan to be MVP again but I'd never wear "DUNCAN FOR MVP" shirts or try to buy off the award through publicity.

I just think this whole Mavericks fever thing is going a bit too premature. Not even the Pistons got this much exposure and hype last year off their start of the year.

It seems most Mavs fans really do fit the stereotype, well not most, but a vast majority do fit the stereotype that Mavs fans love consolidation prizes.

Budkin
02-28-2007, 06:10 PM
Why would you jinx your team like this... you just blew it for them dude. :lmao

adyer
02-28-2007, 06:38 PM
I have some friends here in Dallas who are major Mavs fans, it's good, no problem there, although all they are talking about is their record and how they'd be really happy if Dirk were the MVP.

Now I know this franchise was in shambles before 2000 (witnessed it first-hand), but I don't think any fans ever ride a bandwagon harder for semi-meaningless awards.

I'd be excited and wish for Duncan to be MVP again but I'd never wear "DUNCAN FOR MVP" shirts or try to buy off the award through publicity.

I just think this whole Mavericks fever thing is going a bit too premature. Not even the Pistons got this much exposure and hype last year off their start of the year.

It seems most Mavs fans really do fit the stereotype, well not most, but a vast majority do fit the stereotype that Mavs fans love consolidation prizes.:lol Yes we love consolidation prizes:

Regular season
+ MVP
+ Title
+ Finals MVP
+ Coach of the Year
+ Sixth Man Award

There may be others. We'll let you know.

dg7md
02-28-2007, 06:42 PM
:lol Yes we love consolidation prizes:

Regular season
+ MVP
+ Title
+ Finals MVP
+ Coach of the Year
+ Sixth Man Award

There may be others. We'll let you know.

Anything but the title is worthless by comparison. Having the other trophies are just typically icing on the cake of a true legendary player or team. Finals MVP is up there after the trophy though.

Would anybody say Nash is a legendary player? No, because he has yet to even make it to the finals, despite good numbers, regular season success, and two MVP's.

adyer
02-28-2007, 06:44 PM
Oh, we'll take the Title and leave the rest. But since someone was offering to consolidate more for us...

Cant_Be_Faded
02-28-2007, 07:05 PM
.................................................. .......................three times and counting...

sprrs
02-28-2007, 07:09 PM
Have you learned nothing from Rasheed last year? Guarantees can only carry you so far.

Udrihlooms
02-28-2007, 08:15 PM

do you seriously think that the Spurs, Phoenix and Houston are easy teams? the southwest division is an easy one?

so the East is a harder conference?

BUT YOU'RE NOT A FOOL, ARE YOU?

dallasmavsnfuego214
02-28-2007, 11:58 PM
I'm going with San Antonio. I just feel that things will break their way and they'll squeak by the Mavs.

you just have a feeling?

smart post.....

LEONARD
03-01-2007, 09:58 AM
do you seriously think that the Spurs, Phoenix and Houston are easy teams? the southwest division is an easy one?

Don't question his b-ball authorita... :lol

hater
03-01-2007, 10:31 AM

he meant the Piston team we faced in the finals 2 years ago and last years. That team was as good or better than this years Spurs/Mavs

island_dude
03-01-2007, 11:56 AM
Dude, the Mavs will be ousted in the 1st round of the playoffs book that.
I hope you aren't a betting man.

big3bigD
03-01-2007, 11:59 AM
What's up Island??!! Good to see you around over here. Thanks for that trade by the way... I never thought that you would actually do it. Are you still posting over at the other forum as well?

1Parker1
03-01-2007, 07:29 PM
:lol @ this thread.

I highly doubt that the Mavs will "flame out" as some of you indicate. I also doubt they will go down choking a la last seasons NBA Finals (unless they have an injury). Mavs appear to be a great team on paper, with amazing depth, a great coach, and virtually no holes.

Problem is...anything can happen in the playoffs because it's a whole new season. Their biggest obstacles are mainly the Pheonix Suns...who are on a similiar mission as the Mavs to win it all NOW, and the ever present Spurs. Mavs against both these teams will go down to the wire and a lucky shot here or there and the series can be lost.

So before you go making bold proclamations, you should wait a while before your team actually wins anything major without choking it away, before you claim things that you have no way of knowing or guaranteeing.

Big Shot Rob
03-03-2007, 08:59 AM
Agree totally.

Throw away the records once the playoffs begin.

Only relevance is determine who has HCA--and even then--last year showed that neither team had HCA.

Go ahead, you Mav bitches and gloat all you want.

mqywaaah
03-03-2007, 09:04 AM
Agree totally.

Throw away the records once the playoffs begin.

Only relevance is determine who has HCA--and even then--last year showed that neither team had HCA.

Go ahead, you Mav bitches and gloat all you want.

So that's how you really think about Mavs fans huh? Ok, well play it that way.

Cherry
03-03-2007, 09:52 AM
So that's how you really think about Mavs fans huh? Ok, well play it that way.

So many mavs fans come here just for bother us :lol What can we think?

BUMP
03-03-2007, 10:41 AM

English?

Duncanoypi
03-03-2007, 11:05 AM
Dallas sucks!!!

Trainwreck2100
03-03-2007, 01:20 PM
English?

A high percentage of Mavs fans here are assholes

Cherry
03-03-2007, 03:23 PM
A high percentage of Mavs fans here are assholes

:lol Thanks

Trainwreck2100
03-03-2007, 03:27 PM
no problem

mardigan
03-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Starting this thread in the Spurs forum and then you expect Spur fans to be cordial and agree with you? What other way do you expect us to react other than calling yall the little bitches you are

himat
03-03-2007, 04:20 PM

So were the Pistons...05 Finals lost in Game 7. Remember that?

himat
03-03-2007, 04:21 PM
No team can guarantee a championship, especially not this year. Both conferences are open. East because almost everyone is bad, and the West because there are so many good teams.

mardigan
03-03-2007, 04:32 PM
No team can guarantee a championship, especially not this year. Both conferences are open. East because almost everyone is bad, and the West because there are so many good teams.
Another smart Detroit fan

VinnyTestesVerde
03-03-2007, 04:41 PM

Sounds like a great idea...claim the championship before you even get to the finals again. Last year the city of Dallas went ahead and planned the victory parade for the day of game 6...how'd that work out for you guys?

Learn from the past. Unbelievable. :donkey

himat
03-03-2007, 04:49 PM
Sounds like a great idea...claim the championship before you even get to the finals again. Last year the city of Dallas went ahead and planned the victory parade for the day of game 6...how'd that work out for you guys?

Learn from the past. Unbelievable. :donkey

I forgot about that. That has to be the dumbest thing a city can do sports wise.

jman3000
03-03-2007, 05:28 PM
So were the Pistons...05 Finals lost in Game 7. Remember that?

that was his intended point... twas a joke.

ShoogarBear
03-03-2007, 05:35 PM
So were the Pistons...05 Finals lost in Game 7. Remember that?So there this guy jumping up and down on a manhole cover yelling "Four! Four! Four! Four!" and somebody walks up to him and says . . .

ShoogarBear
03-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Why do you think Stackhouse is so important?

Stackhouse will lose at least one winnable playoff game for them all by himself.

dg7md
03-03-2007, 06:27 PM
:lol at Spurs fans who think the Mavs will flame out. They won't totally choke, you're dilusional if you guys think that, but injuries are likely and so are them being outplayed by a team. It happens, but I wouldn't hold my breath out on it.

Mavs aren't the champs yet but they are the definite favorite.

Melmart1
03-03-2007, 09:08 PM
I hope BUMP is the Fillmoe of Mavfans :)

mqywaaah
03-03-2007, 09:21 PM

I dont care what yall think about other Mavs fans coz that's prolly the same way we think about some Spurs fans who come to our boards just to bother us. But I consider BSR my friend, and it's just good to know how he really thinks about us Mavs fans.