PDA

View Full Version : All this stupid talk of which team is more "hungry" or determined..

The_Worlds_finest
02-28-2007, 01:07 AM
Its pretty stupid. All this talk of the mavs playing to get back to where they were is irrelevent to what the Spurs are playing for...hey mav fan you relize your teams choke in the finals is squat to the Spurs "what ifs" in the playoffs? Spurs would be playing for 5 titles in a row if not for two stupid playoff blunders...do i need to beat the drum for us spurs fans...or we all know what Im talking about? While your guys are ripping it up in the reg season our "older" guys are gearing up for when it really matters. btw Congrats your team without a doubt pulled down the division title, ol mark can put it up next to the mighty WCF* title of the "I finally beat the spurs at something" wall.

*but lost in the playoffs

slayermin
02-28-2007, 02:46 AM
That '04 Detroit team was pretty tough. I think there a few Spurs fans who believe we don't win that year, even if we do beat the Lakers.

Shank
02-28-2007, 02:51 AM
Pretty much the best 12th post on an Internet messageboard by anyone ever in the history of the world.

It's amazing that you've written such prose without any basis behind it. Where did you get that Dallas would only be playing to get back to the Finals?

Udrihlooms
02-28-2007, 02:56 AM
That '04 Detroit team was pretty tough. I think there a few Spurs fans who believe we don't win that year, even if we do beat the Lakers.

Agree. I also believe that that '04 was beyond us, even if we had beaten LA. Hands down the 04 was really Piston's.

Supergirl
02-28-2007, 10:34 AM

Agreed. However, when we got our chance to face basically the same Detroit team in '05, we beat them. It was a grueling series, but we beat them.

The_Worlds_finest
02-28-2007, 12:08 PM
Ha wow sorry i cant post an average of 4 times a day for almost a year straight. I do have some what of a life. And its not rather or not the Spurs would have won the title or not they were ousted by total bullshit oddities, while the mavs were just plain ol fashioned beat...unless you want to wish to call the usuall choke playoff choke performance of the mavs an oddity..

mavsfan1000
02-28-2007, 12:20 PM
Speeking of hunger I'm kinda in the mood for some Taco Bell. I'm not even going to repond to The Worlds finest as he is an :idiot

LEONARD
02-28-2007, 12:27 PM
Good post...very enlightening and inspirational...

I'm now converting from a Mavs fan to a Spurs fan...

GO SPURS GO!!

The_Worlds_finest
02-28-2007, 12:48 PM
as usual the hater forgetful mav fan storm the page

there is a reason the spurs have won 3 titles with Tim Duncan...and mav fan will be reminded in the post season

adyer
02-28-2007, 01:33 PM
"Jim, these Spurs fans claim they are hungrier than Mavs fans."
"You said it yourself, Bones. They're Spurs fans. What do they know about hunger...about basketball...about life?"
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/adyer/McCoyandKirk.jpg

Trainwreck2100
02-28-2007, 01:43 PM
"You said it yourself, Bones. They're Spurs fans. What do they know about hunger...about basketball...about life?"

wow, if that's your first post, i can tell we are in for a rough stretch.

adyer
02-28-2007, 01:53 PM
You have no idea.

jeffdrums22
02-28-2007, 02:11 PM
The Spurs would very well be playing for their 5th title this year if not for two things:

1. Fisher's 0.4 shot wasn't really a blunder on the Spurs' part, it's just one of those bizarre sequences (Bryan'ts shot, then Duncan shooting over Shaq the way he did, THEN Fisher with only 0.4 left). I guarantee we will never see that wild a sequence in the NBA again. The 2004 Spurs would beat the 2004 Pistons. The '05 Pistons were better and Spurs beat them.
2. Manu's foul on Dirk. That won't happen this year. Mavs got away with the Game 7 win, played a Suns team without Amare who was a monster prior to this year, and the truth of their team came out in the Finals, period.

This is a league where one basket changes the momentum in a series. Ask the Mavs. With Payton's shot in Game 3. Or Howard's Game 5 blunder. Game 6 was won by Alonzo Mourning.

I am right now guaranteeing the Spurs winning the championship (probably the only one here who isn't still with their head up the Mavs' ass) this year because of veteran leadership (Duncan), a supporting cast with multiple NBA championships and Finals experience (Bowen, Ginobili, Parker, and Horry). If the team is missing any of those pieces this year, then you can say the Mavs might take it.

But you have a Mavs team with Finals experience, but what is the quality of their Finals collapse experience? Not much. I bet I am the only person here who still said the Spurs would win it, when they were 33-18 before their winning streak.

bdictjames
02-28-2007, 02:16 PM
Or Magic's Junior Sky hook during the 1987 Finals. Or Bird's steal and dish to DJ. RIP.

viggenja37
02-28-2007, 03:19 PM
you forget All-Star Michael 'Clutch' Finley!

http://www.nba.com/media/mf_600_070128.jpg

adrienne
02-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Sometimes when I am on spurstalk I like to pretend that every time I blink my eyes, somebody's computer blows up.

mabber
02-28-2007, 03:28 PM
The Spurs would very well be playing for their 5th title this year if not for two things:

1. Fisher's 0.4 shot wasn't really a blunder on the Spurs' part, it's just one of those bizarre sequences (Bryan'ts shot, then Duncan shooting over Shaq the way he did, THEN Fisher with only 0.4 left). I guarantee we will never see that wild a sequence in the NBA again. The 2004 Spurs would beat the 2004 Pistons. The '05 Pistons were better and Spurs beat them.
2. Manu's foul on Dirk. That won't happen this year. Mavs got away with the Game 7 win, played a Suns team without Amare who was a monster prior to this year, and the truth of their team came out in the Finals, period.

This is a league where one basket changes the momentum in a series. Ask the Mavs. With Payton's shot in Game 3. Or Howard's Game 5 blunder. Game 6 was won by Alonzo Mourning.

I am right now guaranteeing the Spurs winning the championship (probably the only one here who isn't still with their head up the Mavs' ass) this year because of veteran leadership (Duncan), a supporting cast with multiple NBA championships and Finals experience (Bowen, Ginobili, Parker, and Horry). If the team is missing any of those pieces this year, then you can say the Mavs might take it.

But you have a Mavs team with Finals experience, but what is the quality of their Finals collapse experience? Not much. I bet I am the only person here who still said the Spurs would win it, when they were 33-18 before their winning streak.

Yes, I believe you are. Congrats!

1techsan
02-28-2007, 03:31 PM
[QUOTE]you forget All-Star Michael 'Clutch' Finley!

I try Vigg, I try, but you won't let me. But I do think the clutch is broken.

baseline bum
02-28-2007, 03:32 PM
Agreed. However, when we got our chance to face basically the same Detroit team in '05, we beat them. It was a grueling series, but we beat them.

The '04 Pistons were definitely better than the '05 team. They were very deep, had Mehmet Okur backing up the four, Mike James backing the point, and Corliss Williamson killing the Lakers small threes in the Finals (he would have been a horrible matchup for the Spurs too).

The_Worlds_finest
02-28-2007, 04:08 PM
What idiot mav fan doesnt relize is that last years unbalanced vulnerable spurs team is nothing compared to this team, Back up beno gone with NVE, Robert Horry pulled out of his role to start, gone...oh speaking of Horry starting, did you all notice the new center the spurs picked up...That guy that can run the floor with tony parker exactly. The best part is what you all love to forget.... that with all the problems LAST YEARS Spurs had against you guys team is....it still went to a game 7 despite your team being up 3-1! Talk about choke!

The weakest spot on our team is Oberto which will soon be fixed by ely.
Your little general trader of a coach will not get the best of the man that taught him this year

confined
02-28-2007, 04:11 PM
BOO THIS MAN! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

adyer
02-28-2007, 04:22 PM
"Captain, what does 'boo this man' signify?"
"That they don't like him."
"So if they say it about you it means they do not like you?"
"That's the general idea."
"What have you done cause such a response?"
"Nothing that I know of."
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/adyer/KirkSpockbusride.jpg

The_Worlds_finest
03-01-2007, 12:02 AM
Ive got it figured out you two brokeback dallas dwellers are posting star trek stuff because either:
Your owner mark cuban looks like he belongs in star trek or
Your owner mark cuban looks like a troll.

slayermin
03-01-2007, 04:59 AM
The '04 Pistons were definitely better than the '05 team. They were very deep, had Mehmet Okur backing up the four, Mike James backing the point, and Corliss Williamson killing the Lakers small threes in the Finals (he would have been a horrible matchup for the Spurs too).

They were hungrier, deeper, and had an easier conference final than they had in '05.

Flight3107
03-01-2007, 05:26 AM
"Captain, what does 'boo this man' signify?"
"That they don't like him."
"So if they say it about you it means they do not like you?"
"That's the general idea."
"What have you done cause such a response?"
"Nothing that I know of."
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/adyer/KirkSpockbusride.jpg

WTF is with all this nonsense?

:dizzy

Please_dont_ban_me
03-01-2007, 10:06 AM

Exactly.

I don't see the argument that we would probably lose in '04 when it was the same exact team in '05.

Hoopy Dunkalot
03-01-2007, 12:34 PM
This thread smacks of Dallas envy. We own you now. It's rough at first, but you'll get used to it. You'll watch those games with anticipation of a victory, only to realize in the end you really never stood a chance. Dallas is just too good and the torch was passed last May.

Trainwreck2100
03-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Dallas is just too good and the torch was passed last May.

and it was fumbled in June

1techsan
03-01-2007, 12:44 PM
I like Star Trek. One of my favorite episodes is where these annoying creatures called tribbles show up and the show and keep multiplying and cause lots of trouble. In the end the tribbles die when they eat poisoned quadratricaline grain.

In a sense this is like what is going on in this forum, the lovable tribbles are increasing in numbers and soon will fill the entire ship.

Kirk would say, "Beam me the heck out of here, I don't like tribbles, corn flakes are better."

mabber
03-01-2007, 12:52 PM

More like dropped :depressed

Trainwreck2100
03-01-2007, 12:54 PM
I like Star Trek. One of my favorite episodes is where these annoying creatures called tribbles show up and the show and keep multiplying and cause lots of trouble. In the end the tribbles die when they eat poisoned quadratricaline grain.

In a sense this is like what is going on in this forum, the lovable tribbles are increasing in numbers and soon will fill the entire ship.

Kirk would say, "Beam me the heck out of here, I don't like tribbles, corn flakes are better."

that's the trouble with tribbles

adyer
03-01-2007, 12:57 PM
"What are those in your hands?"
"These, Captain Kirk, represent the essence of Spurs fans. I have reduced their substantive output and collective intelligence into these two small objects which can be easily crushed by my hands."
"What is inside them?"
"Nothing, Captain...absolutely nothing."
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/adyer/KirkinAnyothername.jpg

Trainwreck2100
03-01-2007, 12:59 PM
now that's just mean

FauxTimmy
03-01-2007, 01:01 PM
hey, who let in this space slime?
CHEWY?!?

http://starwarsmaniatic.webcindario.com/HAN%20SOLO.jpg

adyer
03-01-2007, 01:02 PM
It's funny. Admit it...you're laughing but won't admit it.

Trainwreck2100
03-01-2007, 01:05 PM
It's funny. Admit it...you're laughing but won't admit it.

Actually before I knew you were bsing I was kinda worried you were serious then when I found out you were just feeling your way through, I took everything with a grain of salt, but to insult one's intelligence in just mean.

George Gervin's Afro
03-01-2007, 01:13 PM
This thread smacks of Dallas envy. We own you now. It's rough at first, but you'll get used to it. You'll watch those games with anticipation of a victory, only to realize in the end you really never stood a chance. Dallas is just too good and the torch was passed last May.

How do you own us now?

adyer
03-01-2007, 01:16 PM
Trainwreck, here's an encore presentation from my place, just for you:

"Well, I didn't think it was very funny, Captain Kirk."
"It was just a harmless..."
"I should kill you and the Vulcan where you stand!"
"Look, if you're going to be like that I'm going to stop telling you jokes."
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/adyer/KirkSpockandKlingon.jpg

Hoopy Dunkalot
03-01-2007, 01:40 PM
How do you own us now?

I know you have you Spurs blinders on and that's cool, we had our Dallas blinders on for years...but in 2007 and beyond, Dallas is clearly the best team in the NBA. They have the momentum, the mojo, the swagger. They beat you in the playoffs, and they've manhandled SA this year (first game hangovers aside).

Hey it was good run for you guys. I hope you enjoyed it. I know we will.

George Gervin's Afro
03-01-2007, 02:21 PM
I know you have you Spurs blinders on and that's cool, we had our Dallas blinders on for years...but in 2007 and beyond, Dallas is clearly the best team in the NBA. They have the momentum, the mojo, the swagger. They beat you in the playoffs, and they've manhandled SA this year (first game hangovers aside).

Hey it was good run for you guys. I hope you enjoyed it. I know we will.

So you can't back up what you said. That's what I thought. By the way since when has 'manhandled' someone mean't a game that was decided by 1 possession? Sorry 2 games that were decided by one possession.

SRJ
03-01-2007, 03:12 PM
I love you Mav fans. I really do. You guys have the front-running team this year - if I were a betting man, I'd put it on your team - but I wanna see how well your guys wear the bullseye on their backs. If the 2006 Finals is any indication, I'd say the end of these playoffs is going to hurt a lot worse than last year.

Take it from a Spurs fan - if you're going to go through all the trouble of winning the conference, cash it in. We've made three trips to the Finals and we have three rings - that's how you do it. Why play such a grueling seven-game series in the conference semis only to mess the bed in the Finals against a team you should have swept? Take care of your damn business, guys.

Hoopy Dunkalot
03-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Look Afro - I don't know what game you are watching - but when the Mavs play the Spurs it's obvious they are the better club. We play their game better than they do.

It's time you stopped thinking of the Mavericks as the Nellie-ball Mavs. Those days are gone. The Age of AJ dominance has already begun. Get on-board.

Funny posts Adyer...
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/6338/caby18h5dc4.jpg

1techsan
03-01-2007, 05:03 PM
Funny posts Adyer...
http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/6338/caby18h5dc4.jpg

Nothing about me, I'm funny too. Horse goes into a bar, the bartender says, Why the long face?

That's funny stuff.

jmard5
03-01-2007, 05:36 PM
"What are those in your hands?"
"These, Captain Kirk, represent the essence of Spurs fans. I have reduced their substantive output and collective intelligence into these two small objects which can be easily crushed by my hands."
"What is inside them?"
"Nothing, Captain...absolutely nothing."
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/adyer/KirkinAnyothername.jpg

Stop this nonsense. You are annoying to both Spurs and Mavs fans.

LB7
03-01-2007, 06:41 PM
you got that right