PDA

View Full Version : Message Made Clear To Moderates - The Republican Party Doesn't Want You!

Nbadan
11-16-2004, 03:45 AM
I will repeat what I have written several times: If you are a moderate Republican, the message is clear. Your party does not want you. But, thanks to the conservative group Concerned Women for America, you no longer have to take my word for it. Their chief counsel has made that abundantly clear.

"If they can't agree and support the president and the platform, then they ought to go over to the Democrats," said Jan LaRue, chief counsel for the conservative group Concerned Women for America.[...]
The to-do list includes defending traditional marriage, banning human cloning, reforming Social Security, passing more-restrictive abortion laws and stepping up enforcement of obscenity laws, said Ms. LaRue of Concerned Women for America.

And if moderates don't agree with those objectives, perhaps they don't belong in the GOP, she said.

Ms. LaRue calls Mr. Specter a RINO - Republican In Name Only - and questions why politicians such as Sen. Lincoln Chafee of Rhode Island remain in the Republican Party when they didn't even vote for Mr. Bush.

"Get real," she said. "These are Democrats in Republican clothing."

We need to get that woman more face time.
And how do some moderates feel about this? Let's hear it from them:

"
There is no future for moderate and progressive Republicans in the Republican Party," said Jim Scarantino, president of the centrist GOP group Mainstream 2004. "The far right wing and the fanatics have seized control."
Mr. Scarantino isn't sure where his brand of Republican politics fits into the GOP. Some Christian conservatives say it doesn't.[...]

While big-name moderates such as John McCain, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Rudolph Giuliani took the stage in New York, conservatives controlled the party platform.

"The party has ruthlessly exploited moderate Republicans," Mr. Scarantino said. "I think they're deluding themselves thinking they're ever going to get anything more than the opportunity to be on the stage."

Many of these moderates are just looking for a reason to jump ship. And what's more, conservatives like Jan LaRue will be happy to see them go.
Bush now has a tiger by its tail.

Itaffectsyou.org (http://www.itaffectsyou.org/blog/index.php?p=43)

JohnnyMarzetti
11-16-2004, 02:51 PM
The moderate republicans did their job by helping get Dubya re-elected and now they are not needed any longer.
It's the same old thing, court the senior vote then cut their benefits, court the veteran vote and then cut their benefits.

2pac
11-16-2004, 03:03 PM
The moderate republicans did their job by helping get Dubya re-elected and now they are not needed any longer.
It's the same old thing, court the senior vote then cut their benefits, court the veteran vote and then cut their benefits.

Same old thing? Please point me to where it happened in the past and where it is happening now.

bigzak25
11-16-2004, 03:16 PM
the moderates from both sides represent the majority of this country IMO.

i don't see a problem with calling out Republicans that will not support the President though....they are entitled, but i would want to hear their reasoning on the various issues where they would choose not to do so.

Hook Dem
11-16-2004, 04:14 PM
Dan...you're "worried" about the Republican Party? LOL I think you should be very worried about your own party since the wheels have come off and look like a snowball rolling downhill. Bush has a tiger by the tail? Ha! You are one sick mofo. You got the tiger part right but it is that he has a tiger in his tank. Look out you pitiful liberal! You're fixin to get steamrolled. :lol

Yonivore
11-16-2004, 04:20 PM
Message made equally clear to moderates, "The Democratic Party doesn't want you either. Hell, they don't even want Democrats anymore."

Hook Dem
11-16-2004, 04:25 PM
Hell, they even take a shit so far to the left, that it's all over the floor. :lol

exstatic
11-16-2004, 04:40 PM
While big-name moderates such as John McCain, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Rudolph Giuliani took the stage in New York, conservatives controlled the party platform.

Pretty much what I've been saying. They used those folks as a dog and pony show. I guess "moderate" is now a dirty word, joining the oft villainized "liberal".

Nbadan
11-16-2004, 04:53 PM
The NeoCons and the Religious Right who have taken over our government are purging the Government of anyone who does not agree with their fanatical views - they are well on their way to a theocracy.

2pac
11-16-2004, 04:59 PM
The NeoCons and the Religious Right who have taken over our government are purging the Government of anyone who does not agree with their fanatical views - they are well on their way to a theocracy.

Huge claim with no evidence.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-16-2004, 05:00 PM
They don't want me? Well shit, what am I supposed to do now?

:(

Nbadan
11-16-2004, 05:11 PM
Huge claim with no evidence.

Turn off Fox News.

Turn off Conservative talk radio.

They are warping your brain. Just look at what the adminstration has become. Any voice of reason is leaving.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-16-2004, 05:24 PM
Turn off Fox News.

Yeah, turn on CBS. Log on to democraticunderground.com and salon.org, and the truth will set you free.

:lmao

exstatic
11-16-2004, 06:36 PM
They don't want me? Well shit, what am I supposed to do now?
LP home page (http://www.lp.org/)

2pac
11-16-2004, 06:42 PM
Turn off Fox News.

They are warping your brain. Just look at what the adminstration has become. Any voice of reason is leaving.

You still fail to provide evidence of anything.

Marcus Bryant
11-16-2004, 06:51 PM
So Zell Miller is supposed to GTFO of his party but liberal Republicans can't be told to do the same?

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-16-2004, 07:18 PM
exstatic,

My comment was mainly tongue in cheek. Out of curiosity I went to your link, couldn't find anything other than some press releases in 2001 on their views on radical Islam / war on terror.

Do they have any?

exstatic
11-16-2004, 07:35 PM
That tongue is going to poke a hole right through, AHF. There's stuff from today. :lol

JoeChalupa
11-16-2004, 08:18 PM
Well I'm sticking to the democratic party although everyone thinks it is doomed.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-16-2004, 08:29 PM
Where ex? I went to the Foreign Policy link, went to the "War on Terror" special section, and saw nothing but crap on 2001.

exstatic
11-16-2004, 10:06 PM
I thought you were talking front page. Hey man, they don't have a ton of cash. The page is probably maintained by Zippy in his garage. Besides, what has happened since 2001 that is important to foreign policy? Other than us invading the entire Middle East, that is (Libertarians are non-interventionist). You want foreign policy news, go to CNN or Fox. :lmao This gang is still trying for someone in national office.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-16-2004, 10:22 PM
I don't care if they're noninterventionist, Osama still wants to fight.