PDA

View Full Version : Mavs worked out Miller, likely to sign him Thursday night

Shank
02-28-2007, 04:42 PM
From my peoples - that's what I'm hearing.

It's a pretty good source, too.

Taco
02-28-2007, 04:45 PM

They have an open spot or do they have to cut someone?

LEONARD
02-28-2007, 04:48 PM
Open spot...

and I trust Shank's source... :fro

monosylab1k
02-28-2007, 04:51 PM
Hopefully this is an Avery approved signing, and not just some stupid Cuban-inspired publicity stunt.

RonMexico
02-28-2007, 05:11 PM
Wow, they can solidify themselves as the lamest franchise in the world full of guys pretty much everyone across the league can hate.

Medvedenko
02-28-2007, 05:13 PM
Who cares....but I'm glad for Reggie, nutriding to a championship banner....I'm surprised the Heat won't sign him...

Amarelooms
02-28-2007, 05:14 PM
Wow, they can solidify themselves as the lamest franchise in the world full of guys pretty much everyone across the league can hate.

Says a guy who's team signed Jalen Rose and doesn't use him at all lol :elephant

LEONARD
02-28-2007, 05:18 PM
Says a guy who's team signed Jalen Rose and doesn't use him at all lol :elephant

Ownt

cornbread
02-28-2007, 05:19 PM
Hopefully this is an Avery approved signing, and not just some stupid Cuban-inspired publicity stunt.

I'm guessing it's the latter.

Flight3107
02-28-2007, 05:27 PM
Dave Shore on GAC said that he is 99% sure that Miller will sign with the Mavs, said he was offered $600k+.

I have no idea how reliable this is, but I just heard it on Galloway and Company.

LEONARD
02-28-2007, 05:28 PM
Dave Shore on GAC said that he is 99% sure that Miller will sign with the Mavs, said he was offered $600k+.

I have no idea how reliable this is, but I just heard it on Galloway and Company.

Thanks for that...if I would've listened long enough to get that info I would've passed out from boredom... :lol

mabber
02-28-2007, 05:38 PM

This surprises me. Did someone tell Reggie that he's going to have to play defense?

Shank
02-28-2007, 05:44 PM
Actually, just hearing something new from the Mavs front office, this isn't as certain as it might have seemed last hour.

dg7md
02-28-2007, 05:49 PM
Miller is a joke now. Coming way out of retirement to sign for a team that doesn't even NEED him, at all. Give me a break.

Bookit
02-28-2007, 05:57 PM
Miller is a joke now. Coming way out of retirement to sign for a team that doesn't even NEED him, at all. Give me a break.

So it would be better if he came out of retirement to play for a team that needs him? What about the Spurs? Do they need him? Did they need Glen Robinson?(he might as well been retired)

I just hope that Reggie can play a little defense.

RonMexico
02-28-2007, 06:20 PM

Wait til March 14th baby

Amarelooms
02-28-2007, 06:23 PM
Wait til March 14th baby

Haha yeah ok...so if the Suns win then I guess it's over for the Mavs then....might as well just hand the Suns the rings :rolleyes

dg7md
02-28-2007, 06:37 PM
So it would be better if he came out of retirement to play for a team that needs him? What about the Spurs? Do they need him? Did they need Glen Robinson?(he might as well been retired)

I just hope that Reggie can play a little defense.

Glenn Robinson never came out of retirement, besides, he actually got playing time and was pretty good off the bench, he still had his shot.

And no, overall, Miller coming out of retirement period is a real tarnish to his legacy and I'm sure hardcore Pacer fans are upset with his behavior of tagging along a bandwagon to win a title.

He was, and is, a legend, especially in Indiana, so him winning a title elsewhere after missing the whole season and the year before, and the year before I think, would be a real travesty, I feel the same about Pippen, but he already had a terrible 'revisit' to his career in Portland.

Shank
02-28-2007, 06:58 PM
Dead.

adrienne
02-28-2007, 07:00 PM
Dead?

RonMexico
02-28-2007, 07:19 PM
Haha yeah ok...so if the Suns win then I guess it's over for the Mavs then....might as well just hand the Suns the rings :rolleyes

No, that's when Jalen Rose will light your ass up

Amarelooms
02-28-2007, 07:20 PM
No, that's when Jalen Rose will light your ass up

Lol from where the bench......

BigBinBigD
02-28-2007, 07:49 PM

Why don't you take your ass to negativity.com. You'd feel right at home there. Jeez, enough of your shit already.

ponky
02-28-2007, 09:35 PM
Lol from where the bench......

seeing as how he played quality minutes tonight....oh wait....

sribb43
02-28-2007, 10:50 PM
I think this is all a joke as reggie will probably be doing the mavs/cavs game on TNT tomorrow. He and Mark are probably behind this

gospursgojas
02-28-2007, 11:07 PM
Reggie Miller not coming out of retirement with MavsBy ART GARCIA
Star-Telegram Staff Writer
Reggie Miller isn't on the verge of joining the Mavericks. Not tonight. Not this season.

Team owner Mark Cuban shot down the idea floated Wednesday that the former Indiana star was set to sign with the NBA leaders for Thursday's home game against Cleveland or at any time before the playoffs.

President of basketball operations Donnie Nelson had no idea how the rumor got started, adding at no point had the possibility been broached with Cuban and coach Avery Johnson.

"That's not happening," Nelson said. "Why not throw in Dr. J and Steve Kerr? It’s pretty unfair to ask a guy to step out of the broadcast booth and compete against the best players in the world."

Interest does remain in filling the one open spot on the roster. As one of the best clutch outside shooters in NBA history, Miller would make sense at some level if he was still in game shape. Backups at center and point guard are also options.

Nelson said there isn't any urgency to bring in another personality on a whim. The Mavs may go into the playoffs without signing anyone.

"You've got to look at locker room factors," he said. "We're not going to do anything to tip the balance of this locker room. Why would we want to detract on what we’re doing?

"There aren't exactly any difference-making names out there. You're talking about a support piece. We're not going to just sign someone without working them out first to see if they would fit."

stretch
03-01-2007, 12:00 AM
thats bullshit. Cuban just yesterday was on the radio, and actually said that he was interested in getting Miller. he was actually interested even last year. i have no idea how serious they really are about getting him, but Nelson saying that the idea never even occured is BS.

mabber
03-01-2007, 07:45 AM
Maybe the Suns should sign him. They could have used someone that could shoot last night.

LEONARD
03-01-2007, 09:24 AM
Dead.

Damn you!! :hat

Taco
03-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Re: Mavs worked out Miller, likely to sign him Thursday night

Open spot...
I trust Shank's source... :fro

LEONARD
03-02-2007, 10:10 AM
I still do trust Shank's inside sources...

and it was reported on ESPN Radio in Dallas right after he posted it here. It's not like it was a big secret...

Shank
03-02-2007, 10:49 AM
Hey Taco - it was a good source, but it was obviously disputed later. At the time, it was the only news coming out. Read back where I said it was being questioned hours after the initial report and you'll better understand the timeline of what was happening.

Rip-Hamilton32
03-02-2007, 11:20 AM
reggie is one of my favorite players of all time but im not sure how much he can help dallas, but his experience and clutch will help alot

Taco
03-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Hey Taco - it was a good source, but it was obviously disputed later. At the time, it was the only news coming out. Read back where I said it was being questioned hours after the initial report and you'll better understand the timeline of what was happening.
:spin

Shank
03-02-2007, 11:51 AM
Whatever, son.

TDMVPDPOY
03-02-2007, 01:33 PM
source = sauce

lock this shit

ponky
03-02-2007, 01:33 PM
I told all you bitches he wasn't signing. Kori even said he was and then locked the thread. It's called having a source, something which none of you have.

alrighty then!

LEONARD
03-02-2007, 01:48 PM
It's called having a source, something which none of you have.

And you know this how?

Kori Ellis
03-02-2007, 02:02 PM
I told all you bitches he wasn't signing. Kori even said he was and then locked the thread. It's called having a source, something which none of you have.

No, I didn't say he was signing. I said that the source was ESPN radio.

Drive Like Jehu
03-02-2007, 02:06 PM
No, I didn't say he was signing. I said that the source was ESPN radio.

That's not a good source.

LEONARD
03-02-2007, 02:07 PM
A source is only a source if it is reliable. So in this case, his so-called source was bullshit. Thus, no source.

Sources can be wrong sometimes...that doesn't mean he doesn't have one...

LEONARD

So ESPN just takes random crap to the air?

Kori Ellis

I didn't say it was good or not good. I just said that was the source. Source = who is reporting it.

MrChug
03-02-2007, 02:13 PM
So basically this thread was a good source of bullshit.

Drive Like Jehu
03-02-2007, 02:17 PM
I didn't say it was good or not good. I just said that was the source. Source = who is reporting it.
Sorry if my post was out of context. I had no problem with your post.

I was simply adding my opinion of ESPN. I believe ESPN is more interested in furthering it's corporate interests then it's journalistic integrity.

LEONARD
03-02-2007, 02:23 PM
:tu

I could say Charles Barkley is coming out of retirement and cite my dog as a source according to you people.

Wow...

Shank
03-02-2007, 02:26 PM
I'm not telling anyone the source, but it should be known that this same source was alongside others last summer that had the Devin Harris start in the Spurs series (though denied by Avery/Donnie even though it did happen) as well as the Terry punching-suspension before anyone else. I still stand by it, even though it was off this time. Doesn't mean that the source isn't any good. I'd still go back to that well for information in the future.

And just for good measure, I'd like to tell ginobili is god to suck my cock. Don't be mad that I actually know people that work for/with the team and hear things before they get to you on a messageboard.

lefty
03-02-2007, 02:28 PM
HIS PEOPLE... :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :blah :blah :blah :blah

Shank
03-02-2007, 02:31 PM
HIS PEOPLE... :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :blah :blah :blah :blah

Yep. That's what I said.

And who do you know inside of the Spurs organization, lefty? Who do you know that can get you information before anyone else? Because I've yet to see you do shit.

lefty
03-02-2007, 02:40 PM
Yep. That's what I said.

And who do you know inside of the Spurs organization, lefty? Who do you know that can get you information before anyone else? Because I've yet to see you do shit.
:blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :blah :downspin: :downspin:

Shank
03-02-2007, 02:47 PM
That's what I thought. No response.

I still stand by the people I talked to. Though it obviously didn't pan out this time, they're still in-the-know and close to situations.

lefty
03-02-2007, 02:49 PM
That's what I thought. No response.

I still stand by the people I talked to. Though it obviously didn't pan out this time, they're still in-the-know and close to situations.

Sorry, my bad. Maybe u really know them
Say Hi to Mark for me

Shank
03-02-2007, 02:51 PM
Go fuck yourself.

lefty
03-02-2007, 02:51 PM
What did I say? I meant it ; I trust you

LEONARD
03-02-2007, 03:04 PM
Like I said, if Shank brings something to the forum I'm believing it til proven wrong. He's not going to get on here and post BS just for the hell of it...

Part of having an inside "source" is not being able to reveal the source, otherwise you might lose the source...it's not that difficult to understand people...

lefty
03-02-2007, 03:31 PM
Like I said, if Shank brings something to the forum I'm believing it til proven wrong. He's not going to get on here and post BS just for the hell of it...

Part of having an inside "source" is not being able to reveal the source, otherwise you might lose the source...it's not that difficult to understand people...

I agree ; that's what R.C told me

RonMexico
03-02-2007, 04:40 PM
I'm not telling anyone my source, but Shank's book about what it's like to be a gay man on the "inside" is coming out next week.

mardigan
03-02-2007, 04:45 PM
My source says who gives a shit, it didnt happen, at least he tried to bring some breaking news to the table, more than most posters do

RonMexico
03-02-2007, 05:20 PM
My source says who gives a shit, it didnt happen, at least he tried to bring some breaking news to the table, more than most posters do

I think Shank is like Josh Howard... the only one who believes his hype is himself.

Shank
03-02-2007, 05:35 PM
Don't even try to get in it with me. I know more people in the NBA or related to the NBA than I can count. Off the top of my head, I lived with the son of the man who drafted LeBron James for a year. I was Vlade Divac's neighbor for 5 years. My assistant coach in high school won a ring with Dr. J in the 80's as a point guard.

Your so-called "sources" suck ass.

Shake the hand of the man who met Andy Griffith!

Shank
03-02-2007, 06:26 PM
You called me out and I just handed it to you. You are just a little bitch whose only source is the towel boy for the Dallas Ponies.

Handed it to me because you once went to the mall to meet Vinny Del Negro? Please.

mardigan
03-02-2007, 06:28 PM
If that what really happened then that is gay, Ameichi gay one could say. I guess anyone could say I have a source and then say that the source divulged information. But hell, at least it was fun to think about Reggie Miller ruining the Mavs

LEONARD
03-02-2007, 06:43 PM
I appreciate that he tried to contribute to the forum. However starting rumors just to get people riled up is being gay.

You really think he started a rumor to get people riled up? It was reported on the radio home of the Mavs shortly after he posted it here...

monosylab1k
03-02-2007, 06:50 PM
I was Vlade Divac's neighbor for 5 years.

LOL this was the funniest part of the post. Classic. Did you go shopping for fresh organic celery with Sam Perkins each summer as well?

mardigan
03-02-2007, 06:52 PM
LOL this was the funniest part of the post. Classic. Did you go shopping for fresh organic celery with Sam Perkins each summer as well?
Thats pretty funny. I was in Waymen Tisdales jazz band, I played the cowbell

Kori Ellis
03-02-2007, 06:56 PM
You called me out and I just handed it to you. You are just a little bitch whose only source is the towel boy for the Dallas Ponies.

I don't know why you are going crazy, but you are acting like a prick in this thread.

You are acting like the guy made it up just to get the forum going. He didn't make it up. It was on national radio! There were sources close to the situation that thought it was almost a done deal.

So let's just stop with the I lived next door to the maid of the cousin of the guy who cleaned the pool of the parents of the ball boy of the Kings.

I know where Shank works. He has legitimate sources. Were they wrong? Yes. Did he make up the story? No.

monosylab1k
03-02-2007, 06:58 PM
Thats pretty funny. I was in Waymen Tisdales jazz band, I played the cowbell

LOL psh that ain't nothin, I was the photographer at Glen Rice's wedding!
:lol

Shank
03-02-2007, 07:12 PM
I don't know why you are going crazy, but you are acting like a prick in this thread.

You are acting like the guy made it up just to get the forum going. He didn't make it up. It was on national radio! There were sources close to the situation that thought it was almost a done deal.

So let's just stop with the I lived next door to the maid of the cousin of the guy who cleaned the pool of the parents of the ball boy of the Kings.

I know where Shank works. He has legitimate sources. Were they wrong? Yes. Did he make up the story? No.

Explosive high five.

Purple & Gold
03-02-2007, 07:17 PM
My assistant coach in high school won a ring with Dr. J in the 80's as a point guard.
Maurice Cheeks?

mardigan
03-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Explosive high five.
Did I mention I played ymca ball with Grant Hills retarded nephew?

LEONARD
03-02-2007, 07:26 PM

Kori rules...

:elephant :elephant :elephant

Shank
03-03-2007, 01:04 AM
Give it up.

And it looks as though you need a new game. I recommend Crackdown. I'm addicted.

Kori Ellis
03-03-2007, 01:47 AM
The only reason I gave Skank any shit was because he convinced a hundred people on Spurstalk that something was true just because he has this "source". I am also pissed that right after I said "no source" in that thread, it was locked. Yet I was the only one that was right. There was no way Reggie was signing with the Mavs.

:lol

Go read the thread again and see when it was locked.

And he didn't convince people - IT WAS ON ESPN RADIO!

JeremyWariner
03-04-2007, 01:01 PM

:downspin: