PDA

View Full Version : Acie Law....

SequSpur
02-28-2007, 11:32 PM
is the got damn troof....

So can the Spurs get him? :lol

SequSpur
02-28-2007, 11:44 PM
If you didn't watch this game, you ain't got no biz talkin about bball.. sheyitt.

50 cent
02-28-2007, 11:56 PM
Wow, that was unbelieveable. Not since Reggie Miller's heroics have I seen clutch like that.

Everybody in the world knows who is getting the ball and he still drains shots over Durant.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-28-2007, 11:59 PM
If RC and Pop don't trade up to get him, fire them. Both of them. Seriously.

50 cent
03-01-2007, 12:02 AM
He'd be a fucking badass backup for Tony.

Tony could kick ass all game, then Acie could come in during crunch time and be clutch.

BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

King
03-01-2007, 12:08 AM
If RC and Pop don't trade up to get him, fire them. Both of them. Seriously.

You do realize all the other teams in the league will have game tape of him too, right? He's not exactly a hidden gem.

Kermit
03-01-2007, 12:09 AM

Tony could kick ass all game, then Acie could come in during crunch time and be clutch.

BEST OF BOTH WORLDS
he will eventually start somewhere. i'm a believer.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-01-2007, 12:22 AM
You do realize all the other teams in the league will have game tape of him too, right? He's not exactly a hidden gem.

Um, yeah, I realize that. Like I said. Pop and RC should fucking trade up. If he ends up on some shit team I am going to puke.

T-Pain
03-01-2007, 12:24 AM
were gonna pass him up for some foreign guy anyway

ATX Spur
03-01-2007, 12:32 AM
Let's trade up for Durant too, while we're at it.

T Park
03-01-2007, 12:40 AM
If he ends up on some shit team I am going to puke.

Get your barf bag ready.

Big P
03-01-2007, 12:42 AM
Not sure how we could trade that far up for him. Right now he is borderline lottery pick on draft sites. Realistically, how far up could the Spurs move up for our 1st rounder & 2 or 3 2nd rounders? Maybe somebody like Atlanta who is projected at 19 right now. And if we did trade up, would all those picks for the 18th or 19th pick be worth it?

Pablo Escobar
03-01-2007, 12:43 AM
what the fuck is up with all these foreign fucks anyway

atxrocker
03-01-2007, 12:47 AM
never gonna happen forum

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-01-2007, 12:52 AM
Not sure how we could trade that far up for him. Right now he is borderline lottery pick on draft sites. Realistically, how far up could the Spurs move up for our 1st rounder & 2 or 3 2nd rounders? Maybe somebody like Atlanta who is projected at 19 right now. And if we did trade up, would all those picks for the 18th or 19th pick be worth it?

I don't know how they would do it. Pop and RC are smarter than me. It's their job to figure out a way :drunk

Kori Ellis
03-01-2007, 01:33 AM
I don't know how they would do it. Pop and RC are smarter than me. It's their job to figure out a way :drunk

I agree that the Spurs are going to try to trade up in this draft. They almost always try and this draft is exceptional. I don't know if they will try for Law, but I'm sure they'll try to trade up. Someone might take Scola and the second rounders :drunk

BeerIsGood!
03-01-2007, 01:42 AM
Law's out of reach. Kid played himself into an early 1st rounder. He'll be in a shitty team's jersey next year.

Mr. Body
03-01-2007, 01:48 AM
Spurs will like to move up, but to get their SF at last. Jeff Green or Corey Brewer or someone. But damn I like Acie Law. Everyone likes Acie Law.

gospursgojas
03-01-2007, 01:59 AM
So realilisticly how high do you think the Spurs can trade up to in the draft

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-01-2007, 01:59 AM
Think about it... Tony does his thing all game, and then we bring in Acie in the last five minutes to go scoreboard :drunk

My only hope in all this is that RC and Billy Gillispie are tight. RC needs to draft *The Law*

Kori Ellis
03-01-2007, 02:01 AM
So realilisticly how high do you think the Spurs can trade up to in the draft

Who knows. They always try to trade up to players in the 10-15 range but they haven't gotten it done.

timvp
03-01-2007, 02:03 AM
The Spurs always Monday morning quarterback the draft and talk about who they were trying to trade up to get. When was the last time the Spurs actually traded up in the first round?

I know it's been more than 20 years. Probably longer.

timvp
03-01-2007, 02:06 AM
And if the Spurs are actually serious about The 2008 Plan, they're going to trade away the first round pick and try to strike gold with the Milwaukee pick in the second round.

T-Pain
03-01-2007, 02:38 AM
what the fuck is up with all these foreign fucks anyway
thats what im sayin...

midgetonadonkey
03-01-2007, 03:25 AM
I like the Spurs.

mountainballer
03-01-2007, 05:58 AM
Law's out of reach. Kid played himself into an early 1st rounder. He'll be in a shitty team's jersey next year.

unfortunatly you are right.
next draft will be very deep, but not at PG. right now Law is by far the best PG prospect in the 2007 draft and considering the urgent need of some teams at this spot, he will be picked not later than no. 10 IMO.
if some of the bad teams don't win the top 3 picks in the lottery, I can see them trade down a bit and pick him, (Grizzlies, Bucks) or even pick him with a no.5 pick. (even if he is projected to be a mid first rounder).
the other scenario is, that Atlanta trades for him by using Childress or Smith as trade bait.

the chance that the Spurs get him is below 1%.
Spurs should pick a PG with one of their 2nd rounders.
Shakur should be threre and he could be a nice solution for the back-up PG, especially because of his good defense and size, that would enable him to also defend SGs.

about trading up: mostly teams fail when they try to do so, especially in a deep draft. Spurs might be able to trade up a bit, but not to the area where Law will be on the board.
a possibility might be, that the Bobcats trade their lower first rounder (the Raptors pick), which will be 18-22. Spurs would have to offer likely something like their 1st rounder + rights (Scola or Mahinmi) + a future 1st rounder.

a no 20 pick might land the Spurs Rudy Fernandez . he would be worth the price IMO.
(same goes for Alondo Tucker)

AFBlue
03-01-2007, 06:25 AM
I love the way he's playing, but I'm wary of how successful he'll be on the NBA level. He's big, but not that big. Fast, but not that fast. More of a scorer than a passer. He has had a good college career, but before this season most had him as a second rounder. I know he's a good player, but with the Spurs' more important need at SF (Bruce isn't getting any younger) I would hate to see the Spurs draft for a backup position so early...

TDMVPDPOY
03-01-2007, 06:46 AM
you guys check nbadraft.net

his billed as top20 pick

umm fuck this

MajorMike
03-01-2007, 09:02 AM
Law will be every bit as good in the NBA as other 1st team All B12 guards Andre Emmett, Kareem Rush, Hollis Price, (add name of normal run-of-the-mill All B12 G who never caught on with any NBA team).

AFBlue
03-01-2007, 09:03 AM
If his shot is falling, he reminds me of Chris Duhon....though that might be because he kind of looks like him....

Please_dont_ban_me
03-01-2007, 09:30 AM

Because Durant and Law are on the same level...right?

Please_dont_ban_me
03-01-2007, 09:33 AM
Durant is also gonna be a force......basketball looks so easy to this kid. he will be better than Lebron.

I think it's the other way around.

Durant will be a force. Law might be a force.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-01-2007, 09:34 AM
I love the way he's playing, but I'm wary of how successful he'll be on the NBA level. He's big, but not that big. Fast, but not that fast. More of a scorer than a passer. He has had a good college career, but before this season most had him as a second rounder. I know he's a good player, but with the Spurs' more important need at SF (Bruce isn't getting any younger) I would hate to see the Spurs draft for a backup position so early...

Just by the beginning part of that description, sounds a little like Michael Redd.

(Note: I didn't watch the game, just saw the Sportscenter highlights)

AFBlue
03-01-2007, 09:51 AM
those rainbows remind me of larry bird. acie is going to be a scoring machine in the NBA......an even better Ben Gordon.

That's setting the bar pretty high....

Jimcs50
03-01-2007, 10:00 AM
RC was at the game. He is an Aggie, he wants Acie, but whether he can pull off a move is questionable.

Acie is the most clutch player in college the last 10 years, no doubt about it. The last year, I have seen him personally make 7 game winning or tying baskets in last 24 secs and OT. His FT shooting in last 4 min and in OT is 12% higher(90%) than his average. He has the highest scoring average in the country in the last 5 mins of games.....if Tony Parker had his heart and cold blooded demeanor, the Spurs would be looking for their 3rd straight NBA title this year, no doubt about it.

leemajors
03-01-2007, 10:02 AM
.....if Tony Parker had his heart and cold blooded demeanor, the Spurs would be looking for their 3rd straight NBA title this year, no doubt about it.

this statement is so full of shit i don't know where to start.

Jimcs50
03-01-2007, 10:25 AM
????

How so????

If Tony had score 1 fucking point in the 4th Q of game 7 against Dallas, the Spurs would have won the NBA championship against Miami....1 fucking point!!!!

Had he had Acie's balls, he would have made at least 1 fucking basket....

moron

:rolleyes

leemajors
03-01-2007, 10:31 AM
????

How so????

If Tony had score 1 fucking point in the 4th Q of game 7 against Dallas, the Spurs would have won the NBA championship against Miami....1 fucking point!!!!

Had he had Acie's balls, he would have made at least 1 fucking basket....

moron

:rolleyes

call me when acie law carries an NBA title contender for large parts of a season - like Tony did last season. acie law is a great NCAA player, but that in no way makes him a lock as an NBA player, and nowhere near Parker's level.

Jimcs50
03-01-2007, 10:33 AM
call me when acie law carries an NBA title contender for large parts of a season - like Tony did last season. acie law is a great NCAA player, but that in no way makes him a lock as an NBA player, and nowhere near Parker's level.

Did I say if the Spurs had Acie INSTEAD of TP???

I said if TP had Acies killer instinct and heart, we would have won.

Clear?

Spurminator
03-01-2007, 10:36 AM
I have a feeling Acie Law is going to play himself into the Lottery this month.

leemajors
03-01-2007, 10:37 AM
Did I say if the Spurs had Acie INSTEAD of TP???

I said if TP had Acies killer instinct and heart, we would have won.

Clear?

it's clear you're a Law homer, and not thinking straight. but yeah, basically you said parker had no heart, which is stupid. didn't he play banged up that entire series? how heartless of him.

MoSpur
03-01-2007, 10:45 AM
I am so happy. Finally an Aggie hoopster is being talked about. Law is awesome. Dude is clutch. Last night's game put the stamp on him being clutch. He was clutch before last night. The game against Kansas was another clutch performance.

leemajors
03-01-2007, 10:48 AM
I am so happy. Finally an Aggie hoopster is being talked about. Law is awesome. Dude is clutch. Last night's game put the stamp on him being clutch. He was clutch before last night. The game against Kansas was another clutch performance.

dude does make some big shots. it will be interesting to see how he does in the nba.

Tigole Bitties
03-01-2007, 10:50 AM
Acie Law the Fourth aka....

http://www.scifimoviepage.com/dvd/alf-dvd.jpg

Jimcs50
03-01-2007, 10:54 AM
it's clear you're a Law homer, and not thinking straight. but yeah, basically you said parker had no heart, which is stupid. didn't he play banged up that entire series? how heartless of him.

Not a homer, I have season tickets, I have seen every game the last 1 1/2 years, I have seen him do what he did last night over and over and over.

I did NOT say TP had no heart....I said if he had Acie's heart...big difference.

TP let Devin Harris shut him down in 4th Q and OT and that is not clutch, that is embarrassing

MoSpur
03-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Gillespie better stay an Aggie forever. LOL. Anyone know how long his contract is? I no he didn't recruit Law. However, Gillespie has been the big difference in Aggie Land.

picnroll
03-01-2007, 11:03 AM
Not a homer, I have season tickets, I have seen every game the last 1 1/2 years, I have seen him do what he did last night over and over and over.

I did NOT say TP had no heart....I said if he had Acie's heart...big difference.

TP let Devin Harris shut him down in 4th Q and OT and that is not clutch, that is embarrassing
Parker was playing on 1/2 a leg. Couple of games they didn't even know if he'd be able to go.

leemajors
03-01-2007, 11:09 AM

the way ginobili and tim were playing, TP should take a back seat in the 4th and get them the ball. sticking that loss on TP is glossing over a lot of the spurs' problems in that series. if ginobili hadn't fouled dirk, the spurs would probably have won. if duncan had owned diop like he did all series in overtime, they probably win. ifs and buts.

Jimcs50
03-01-2007, 11:19 AM
the way ginobili and tim were playing, TP should take a back seat in the 4th and get them the ball. sticking that loss on TP is glossing over a lot of the spurs' problems in that series. if ginobili hadn't fouled dirk, the spurs would probably have won. if duncan had owned diop like he did all series in overtime, they probably win. ifs and buts.

Are you a woman?

You just will not let up.

This is an Acie thread...I made a statemet that I think makes a point about how clutch Acie is...not how crappy Tony is. If TP had taken the game over like Acie has at least 9 times in last 5 mins of games the last year, the Spurs would have won...that is all I am saying.

Please leave it alone.

AFBlue
03-01-2007, 11:20 AM

One question....Have you watched a single game this season?

I notice you continually refer to Parker's performance last year and in previous post-seasons, but have you bothered to watch some of the games this year where Tony has absolutely taken over in the Fourth quarter. At times, he's the only on the floor making shots. Give me a break and stop this "Acie is the most clutch basketball player ever" talk...

AFBlue
03-01-2007, 11:21 AM
Are you a woman?

This is an Acie thread...I made a statemet that I think makes a point about how clutch Acie is...not how crappy Tony is. If TP had taken the game over like Acie has at least 9 times in last 5 mins of games the last year, the Spurs would have won...that is all I am saying.

Please leave it alone.

Uhh...you brought the TP bashing into this thread, so why are you suprised when someone comments on it. If you don't want people to comment on your posts, don't say anything...

leemajors
03-01-2007, 11:23 AM
Are you a woman?

Please leave it alone.

i'm not a woman, i'm just right. sorry to call you out on your wack analogy. i wasn't arguing acie isn't clutch, but whatever. :rolleyes

rfbulletdude
03-01-2007, 11:28 AM
Yes it would be nice to get Acie Law IV, but I do not think trading Scola's rights would allow us to get him. Spurs have always done a great job in the draft, and let us suppose that RC Buford attended the game for reasons other than entertainment.....such as scouting Kavaliauskas. IMO Kav is much better than Jones. He is an intelligent bball player, improved each year, fast with and w/out ball. I'm not sure if he is 1st round material, but I would take him in the second round, even if we had to trade up. I only mention Kav b/c the Spurs are great with drafting low key players or unknown players.

Kori Ellis
03-01-2007, 11:33 AM
Parker was playing on 1/2 a leg. Couple of games they didn't even know if he'd be able to go.

And he still averaged 20ppg. :lol

But back to the topic, I'm not sure what position the Spurs will address with their first round pick. I'm sure they will try to trade up to the midrange but if they can't they might end up trading it if there's no one they like at their own spot.

I, like others have said, would like them to get a SF with their pick.

50 cent
03-01-2007, 11:35 AM
I becoming a Lakers fan if we draft another fucking foreigner in this draft that nobody has heard of.

Mr. Body
03-01-2007, 11:36 AM
It'd be awesome to get the guy, but he's probably out of range already, and will definitely be with a deep TAMU run in the tourney. I just hope he goes to a team that can use him, and not a Atlanta or Boston or some other craptacular team that eats up young players.

If the Spurs trade up, they'll be looking for a starter. I like Law a lot, but we already have a point guard. There are a handful of non-Julian Wright SFs that will probably be lifetime starters at that position in this league. Let's go for one of those.

50 cent
03-01-2007, 11:38 AM

BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Think about it... Tony does his thing all game, and then we bring in Acie in the last five minutes to go scoreboard :drunk

My only hope in all this is that RC and Billy Gillispie are tight. RC needs to draft *The Law*

It would be nice. :elephant :elephant :elephant

Mr. Body
03-01-2007, 11:41 AM
Acie Law's 'worst case scenario' is a healthier Bobby Jackson.

AFBlue
03-01-2007, 11:45 AM
I becoming a Lakers fan if we draft another fucking foreigner in this draft that nobody has heard of.

The Spurs have possibly four picks in this upcoming draft and given thier propensity to draft foreign players (one American-born player since 2000) I'd say you should start saving up for the #24 Kobe jersey.

MajorMike
03-01-2007, 11:48 AM
Hollis Price was twice as good as Law, and Andre Emmett may have been better than both. Neither were good enough for the NBA just like Law.

JamStone
03-01-2007, 11:50 AM
Detroit, Miami, Atlanta, New York, and Houston will all be looking for a point guard in this draft. And, yeah, he's a borderline lottery pick at this point. Spurs would have to try and get a late lottery pick in order to have a good chance at getting him. Is it realistic for the Spurs to trade for a lottery pick in this draft? Probably not.

Jimcs50
03-01-2007, 11:51 AM

I notice you continually refer to Parker's performance last year and in previous post-seasons, but have you bothered to watch some of the games this year where Tony has absolutely taken over in the Fourth quarter. At times, he's the only on the floor making shots. Give me a break and stop this "Acie is the most clutch basketball player ever" talk...

Can you read?????

I said IF TP HAD played like Acie in GAME 7 of last year, then the Spurs would have won.

Do you understand the words coming out of my mouth?

JamStone
03-01-2007, 11:52 AM
Hollis Price was twice as good as Law, and Andre Emmett may have been better than both. Neither were good enough for the NBA just like Law.

Hollis Price was listed at 6-1 but was really about 5-11 and he was about 150 pounds. Not really an optimum height and size for an NBA point guard.

Andre Emmett was a 6-4 or 6-5 shooting guard with no consistent jumpshot.

Can't compare them to Acie Law.

Jimcs50
03-01-2007, 11:54 AM
Uhh...you brought the TP bashing into this thread, so why are you suprised when someone comments on it. If you don't want people to comment on your posts, don't say anything...

You are so super sensitve...where did I bash TP????

He disappeared in 4th Q and OT in game 7(2 pts in 17 mins), he shrunk away from the light, when we needed an Acie like performance...had he played like Acie at crunch time, then we would have won...that is all I am saying.

Kori Ellis
03-01-2007, 11:59 AM
You are so super sensitve...where did I bash TP????

He disappeared in 4th Q and OT in game 7(2 pts in 17 mins), he shrunk away from the light, when we needed an Acie like performance...had he played like Acie at crunch time, then we would have won...that is all I am saying.

Okay, everyone can calm down now and get back on topic.

People are just trying to tell you that TP was pretty hurt in the Mavs series and had no lift at the end of games.

And that Acie might never amount to anything in the NBA, so it's a little early to get so riled about him. Either way, I don't think he'll be a Spur. I think starting SF is a priority before backup PG. So if they trade up, they will probably try to get a SF.

Jimcs50
03-01-2007, 12:05 PM
Barnes said after the game he would have no issue with co-players of the year in the league and said that Law's performance Wednesday was one of the best he's ever seen. Law said he would be honored to win it, or share it with Durant, and even said he's OK if Durant wins the award.

Texas A&M coach Billy Gillispie was noncommittal, saying there was still another game to play, but he did say he anticipates being emotional Saturday night when Law finishes his home career. Law was on the squad a year prior to Gillispie's arrival when the Aggies went 0-16 in the Big 12. Barnes said he's seen Law mature and grow as a player. Gillispie can't put into words how much Law has meant to the school.

"I cry like a baby and just thinking about him playing his last game at home will make me cry," Gillispie said. "Only time will tell how important he was to this program. I know he's been infinitely important to the program and it will grow as time grows on."

In the meantime, Law said he has no problem rooting for the Aggies' archrival against Kansas, so A&M can have a piece of the Big 12 crown, too.

cheguevara
03-01-2007, 12:07 PM

Yes, good post. Tony has become clutch this year. Let's pray he will be like this come playoffs. If he doesn't, I will give up on him permanently and become another JIMCS

2centsworth
03-01-2007, 12:08 PM
Acie is a great college player, but the NBA is a way different level.

50 cent
03-01-2007, 12:10 PM
I think Durant and Acie should be co-players of the year. Both are phenomenial in different ways.

Mr. Body
03-01-2007, 12:12 PM
I think Durant and Acie should be co-players of the year. Both are phenomenial in different ways.

Like the year Kidd and Hill won rookie of the year together.

Bruno
03-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Spurs will never bench Parker at the end of a game, suggesting it is quite stupid. The only way to have Law in crunch time is to have Parker at PG, Law at SG and Manu at SF.

I'm not against drafting a PG if he is able to be the backup SG too. Players draft value will change a lot during march madness : we will see who can be in Spurs pick area at teh end of the month.

RonMexico
03-01-2007, 12:19 PM
Stop claiming ownership to Acie.... he's coming to the Suns via one of their first round picks... end of story.

Kori Ellis
03-01-2007, 12:20 PM
Regarding the draft, there's an interesting article on draft express regarding a NBA rule change about pre-draft workouts. It's quite interesting ... (I'm not copying the whole article because their website prefers that you go there to read it).

Shaking Up the Draft Process—No Workouts before the NBA Pre-Draft Camp

Buried in an excellent blog entry by ESPN Insider’s Chad Ford today was the extremely interesting news about a major rule change that could have significant implications on this year’s draft process. According to Ford, the NBA has decided to ban all agent and team-sponsored workouts until after the NBA pre-draft camp (bumped up a week to May 27th) is completed. This is something that has been rumored to happen in NBA circles as early as the week following the pre-draft draft last year, and continued to come up from time to time over the past few months until finally (apparently) coming to fruition.

Typically, the month of May is stacked with quite a few private workouts conducted by teams—at times on a daily basis—that sees prospects fly around the country hastily in an attempt to be seen by as many NBA executives as possible. See our workout schedule from the 2006 draft, which is not a comprehensive list by any means, to get a feel for the amount of workouts that won’t be conducted thanks to this new rule.

As Ford points out, the main reason the NBA decided to change the rules was to encourage more players to compete at the pre-draft camp, and potentially the all-seniors Portsmouth Invitational Tournament as well. Over the past few years, fewer and fewer first round draft prospects have elected to play at these events, instead preferring the more controlled environments of private workouts, where there is less to lose on an individual level.

Read More (http://draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1882)

Mr. Body
03-01-2007, 12:46 PM
The moves the NBA has been doing with upcoming talent have been excellent. First the age minimum and then pushing draftees into the pre-draft camp. Very nice.

MajorMike
03-01-2007, 12:55 PM
Hollis Price was listed at 6-1 but was really about 5-11 and he was about 150 pounds. Not really an optimum height and size for an NBA point guard.

Andre Emmett was a 6-4 or 6-5 shooting guard with no consistent jumpshot.

Can't compare them to Acie Law.

T.J. Ford isn't over 6'0. John Lucas III is smaller than his listed 5'11 and he has a full time job until '09.

No Consistant jumpshot? The only 3-time 1st Team All B12 player, the all time leading scorer at ttek, who finished 3rd, 1st and 1st in scoring over his 3 years, who finsished in the Top 10 each of those years in FG %. That Emmett had no consistant jumpshot?

Can't compare to Law? Prolly right. Emmett also finished 11th, 12th and 15th in rebounds. Law has never been in the Top 20. Compare last 3 year's FG % - Law .512 Emmett .524; Law .448 Emmett .499; Law .470 Emmett .519. Law's last 3 teams have won 30 conf games with 1 to go while Emmett's won 25. I can see why you can't compare the 2.

Mr. Body
03-01-2007, 01:01 PM
Dude, Emmett was a SG. Law is a point.

MajorMike
03-01-2007, 01:11 PM
Emmett had no one else on his team, he played the 1G plenty. Point being anyway that B12 success for a guard no matter how stellar does not translate to NBA. For the F types yes, because of the physical play. T.J. was way better and is just a nominal player in the NBA. Price was a better player, 3-4 inches shorter, and never even got a shot. Lucas was a little better and will be a career backup.

Of the 2 best PGs in B12 history - Ford and Hinrich, both were better distributors and only Hinirch has become recognizable as one of the 'better' NBA PGs. Law is no Ford or Hinrch.

Marklar MM
03-01-2007, 01:26 PM
Pistons will get Law. :)

50 cent
03-01-2007, 01:29 PM
Emmett had no one else on his team, he played the 1G plenty. Point being anyway that B12 success for a guard no matter how stellar does not translate to NBA. For the F types yes, because of the physical play. T.J. was way better and is just a nominal player in the NBA. Price was a better player, 3-4 inches shorter, and never even got a shot. Lucas was a little better and will be a career backup.

Of the 2 best PGs in B12 history - Ford and Hinrich, both were better distributors and only Hinirch has become recognizable as one of the 'better' NBA PGs. Law is no Ford or Hinrch.
You are an idiot. Emmett had no potential to be an NBA PG and good shooting guards are a dime a dozen in the NBA. A good PG is completely different because it's so hard to find.

I think Acie will probably be a career backup type PG, but I could see him becoming like an Avery Johnson that manages the game and is a coach on the court.

Jimcs50
03-01-2007, 01:38 PM
You are an idiot. Emmett had no potential to be an NBA PG and good shooting guards are a dime a dozen in the NBA. A good PG is completely different because it's so hard to find.

I think Acie will probably be a career backup type PG, but I could see him becoming like an Avery Johnson that manages the game and is a coach on the court.

Acie> Jameer Nelson...Acie will be a starter in a few years.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-01-2007, 01:46 PM
Spurs will never bench Parker at the end of a game, suggesting it is quite stupid. The only way to have Law in crunch time is to have Parker at PG, Law at SG and Manu at SF.

I'm not against drafting a PG if he is able to be the backup SG too. Players draft value will change a lot during march madness : we will see who can be in Spurs pick area at teh end of the month.

It's not about putting TP on the bench in that situation. You slide in Acie at the 2, Manu at the 3, and Pop can have all the small ball he wants.

Mr.Bottomtooth
03-01-2007, 01:53 PM
If we get Law or Fazekas in the draft, it will be already a successful offseason.

MajorMike
03-01-2007, 02:15 PM
You are an idiot. A good PG is completely different because it's so hard to find.

Yeah, I'm an idiot. Again facts outweight opinion.

Price was way better than Law - fact.

Height does not keep you from playing in the NBA if you are good enough - fact.

Lucas was arguably better than Law - fact.

Lucas barely holds a roster spot - fact.

SRJ
03-01-2007, 03:20 PM
You guys bashing the "fucking foreigners" are really on target. It really bothers me that we wasted the #1 pick on a boring Crusian, pissed away the #29 pick on a teenage French point guard, and totally blew the very last pick of the 1999 draft on some lefty from Argentina. Everyone knows fucking foreigners can't play a lick of basketball, and these last ten seasons have been the worst in Spurs history. Can't we go back to picking American studs like Alfredrick Hughes, Dwayne Schintzius, and Bill Curley? Damn, I miss the glory days.

Mr. Body
03-01-2007, 03:30 PM
SRJ - you're out of date.

50 cent
03-01-2007, 03:44 PM
Yeah, I'm an idiot. Again facts outweight opinion.

Price was way better than Law - fact.

Height does not keep you from playing in the NBA if you are good enough - fact.

Lucas was arguably better than Law - fact.

Lucas barely holds a roster spot - fact.

WTF? Just because you think Price was better than Law doesn't make it fact dumbass. Price was good, but he didn't have Law's shot or smarts.

Obviously you are bitter that your team now sucks because your coach is the retarded son of a drunk that had some success at one time. Quit letting your hate and jealousy blind you.

SRJ
03-01-2007, 03:52 PM
SRJ - you're out of date.

Elaborate please.

Mr. Body
03-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Those are extremely old examples. Yes, the Spurs have had success drafting foreign in the past, but the team's needs have changed (they need help right away), and the quality and quantity of international scouting around the league has vastly changed.

People are rightly fed up with the Sanikidze/Mahinmi/Karaulov drafts that generate absolutely nothing, coupled with the team's ongoing pursuit of trading away from most any domestic player they can get.

SRJ
03-01-2007, 04:11 PM
Those are extremely old examples. Yes, the Spurs have had success drafting foreign in the past, but the team's needs have changed (they need help right away), and the quality and quantity of international scouting around the league has vastly changed.

People are rightly fed up with the Sanikidze/Mahinmi/Karaulov drafts that generate absolutely nothing, coupled with the team's ongoing pursuit of trading away from most any domestic player they can get.

First of all, of course I realize that the drafts I alluded to were older. I am most certainly aware that Alfredrick Hughes was drafted just after Karl Malone.

But picking where the Spurs usually pick, isn't it just a little tiny bit unrealistic to think that the Spurs are going to score a moderately useful player? It seems like in most drafts, the "play right away" rookies are gone after the 15th pick.

What you're saying is that the objection was not to these players foreign status, but that they were project players. That's fair, but the other poster's use of the term "fucking foreigner" seemed to allude to something else entirely. Myself, if the best player the Spurs can get at their pick is from Mars, I'm cool with it.

Kori Ellis
03-01-2007, 04:15 PM
First of all, of course I realize that the drafts I alluded to were older. I am most certainly aware that Alfredrick Hughes was drafted just after Karl Malone.

But picking where the Spurs usually pick, isn't it just a little tiny bit unrealistic to think that the Spurs are going to score a moderately useful player? It seems like in most drafts, the "play right away" rookies are gone after the 15th pick.

What you're saying is that the objection was not to these players foreign status, but that they were project players. That's fair, but the other poster's use of the term "fucking foreigner" seemed to allude to something else entirely. Myself, if the best player the Spurs can get at their pick is from Mars, I'm cool with it.

The Spurs haven't drafted an American in the first round since Tim Duncan 10 years ago (and if you don't count him as American, then go back to Cory Alexander in 1995). So many people are sick of the Spurs overlooking American players that may be more useful and just stashing project players overseas.

I'm not justifying the "fucking foreigner" comment. Just explaining why some people are sick of them drafting international players and not utilizing them.

AFBlue
03-01-2007, 04:17 PM
The Spurs haven't drafted an American in the first round since Tim Duncan 10 years ago (and if you don't count him as American, then go back to Cory Alexander in 1995). So many people are sick of the Spurs overlooking American players that may be more useful and just stashing project players overseas.

I'm not justifying the "fucking foreigner" comment. Just explaining why some people are sick of them drafting international players and not utilizing them.

John Salmons, but yeah I get your point....

Mr. Body
03-01-2007, 04:17 PM
It's a remarkably deep draft and good players, including a number of seniors who can contribute immediately, will be available even in the early 2nd round. This draft will not be over by the 15th pick, not by a long shot.

Drafting foreign has become a euphamism for punting a pick on a guy who may or may not pan out down the road. This team needs help now.

AFBlue
03-01-2007, 04:18 PM
If we get Law or Fazekas in the draft, it will be already a successful offseason.

If the Spurs snag Fazekas, there's no reason to re-sign Bonner. Fazekas can be just as good from long range and has a much more complet offensive game...especially in the low block.

Mr. Body
03-01-2007, 04:20 PM
Why do they need Fazekas? I mean, if he's available with the Milwaukee pick, mmKay, but we need athleticism and defense. Not that he'd be terrible, but he doesn't fill a need at all.

And -exactly -- Bonner already does what he could offer.

Kori Ellis
03-01-2007, 04:21 PM
John Salmons, but yeah I get your point....

They drafted Salmons to trade him. That doesn't count. :)

RonMexico
03-01-2007, 04:29 PM
John Lucas III is better than Acie Law? Are you an idiot? If he was so good why does Jameer Nelson have a starting role (pretty sure you remember that game from two years ago where Lucas hit a shot and Nelson missed one) and Lucas sits around picking his asshole all day?

He really clutched it a year later when Arizona knocked his lame ass out of the tourney.

Mr. Body
03-01-2007, 04:34 PM
I can't think of a more clutch college player than Acie Law in my lifetime. As clutch? Maybe. More clutch? No.

timvp
03-01-2007, 04:39 PM
I can't think of a more clutch college player than Acie Law in my lifetime. As clutch? Maybe. More clutch? No.

He's pretty damn clutch so far, but the tourney is where he'll make or break his legacy. If Law and the Aggies flame out, most of his clutchness will be forgotten.

A Spurs fan who wants Law better hope the Aggies don't make any noise in the tourney. I can see his stock going to the 13-15 range if he doesn't explode even more in the coming weeks, which in theory would put him in a position in the draft that the Spurs could trade up to get him.

RonMexico
03-01-2007, 04:41 PM

Exactly. I mean just when I think he's hit the best shot of his life (last year vs. Texas), he comes out and does it again (go-ahead bucket against LSU before heartbreak), and again (in Lawrence) and again (twice last night - the first one probably is the most amazing shot in Aggie basketball history).

Never seen a guy with nerves of steel like this... anti-Dirk in every respect. And he does it all the right way - never looking for a foul and just playing hard.

Acie deserves a commercial like MJ had describing all his incredible game winners... on the Aggie website at least... haha

whottt
03-01-2007, 04:45 PM
Why don't the spurs just tank?

Not into the lottery, but into the upper part of the first round. Going to have to win on the road to win a title anyway, and I don't see us winning the division. It's concievable the Spurs could move into the middlepart of the first round and get Law with their own pick.

RonMexico
03-01-2007, 04:48 PM
I'm gonna tell you right now - his stock has risen so much this year. Most people called him a "late first rounder/2nd rounder" at best (aka Manu territory - in the 40s) and now he might even have lottery potential depending on how everything goes. Just goes to show you what can happen to guys with questionable fundamentals but an incredible heart and work ethic

Kori Ellis
03-01-2007, 04:49 PM
I'm gonna tell you right now - his stock has risen so much this year. Most people called him a "late first rounder/2nd rounder" at best (aka Manu territory - in the 40s) and now he might even have lottery potential depending on how everything goes. Just goes to show you what can happen to guys with questionable fundamentals but an incredible heart and work ethic

He's projected 13 or 14 in almost every mock draft I've seen lately.

Mr. Body
03-01-2007, 04:54 PM
I'd be surprised TAMU doesn't got to the Final Eight at least. They're too well coached and smart. Their achilles heel is foul trouble. But Law IV is precisely the kind of guy who can lead a team deep into the tournament. And I don't doubt he'll be clutch there, too. The guy's late-game shooting % and points scored is ridiculous and I had no doubt he was going to nail that end-of-regulation shot last night (I called it in the bar).

Add to the list of heroics -- against Texas Tech. They did lose, but Law tied it with a three just before Tech went coast to coast.

RonMexico
03-01-2007, 04:56 PM
All but one loss has been by 3 points or less... this means they will have a chance in any tournament game no matter what mid-major or "big time school" (I use that term loosely since the Big East and ACC bias is out of control) gets in their way.

timvp
03-01-2007, 05:03 PM
Law isn't a lock for the top half of the first round just yet. Teams are going to take a close look at his results in the speed and agility drills. He's not the greatest of playmakers and he isn't a great athlete, so he's still going to have to test well to become a lottery pick. At this time last year, Marcus Williams was considered a top five pick.

Randolph Childress was a clutch mufua too . . .

AFBlue
03-01-2007, 05:46 PM
Law isn't a lock for the top half of the first round just yet. Teams are going to take a close look at his results in the speed and agility drills. He's not the greatest of playmakers and he isn't a great athlete, so he's still going to have to test well to become a lottery pick. At this time last year, Marcus Williams was considered a top five pick.

How high he'll get taken in the draft won't necessarily equate to his eventual value to a team. He's fortunate to be in a draft class that is already weak on PG, and will be even weaker if Froshes like Conley, Augustin, and Crittendon decide not to come out.

He could go in the lottery, but it won't be because he's a potential superstar, or even quality starter in this league.

BALLZ & MY WORD
03-01-2007, 05:47 PM
Dude is clutch, and has icewater in his veins. That ridiculous rainbow that damn near hit the rafters in the Irwin center was PHENOMENAL!!! With that said, I can't see why posters are lobbying to draft him in the first round. We have a starting point guard, who last time I checked made it to the All Star game. The first round pick needs to go to a SF preferably a long athletic one.

SequSpur
03-01-2007, 05:50 PM

Dude is the only reason the Aggies are getting a sniff of the NCAA tourney and he is not a great playmaker?

:drunk :drunk

ALVAREZ6
03-01-2007, 06:07 PM
Acie Law is clutch as hell, that game last night was rediculous.

Bruno
03-01-2007, 06:25 PM
When I look at some mock draft (like nbadraft.net), I don't find that there is someone available at Spurs pick who can really help them (I just look at their profile/scouting report/stats because I don't know them).

Maybe the best thing will be to trade the pick to get some vets who can help Spurs as soon as next year.

Marklar MM
03-01-2007, 06:28 PM
Law will go to Detroit.

johngateswhiteley
03-01-2007, 06:36 PM
nbadraft.net has Law going #14 at the moment. my guess is he goes in the top 17 for sure, but who knows where. but, i have no idea what kind of player he will be in the NBA...this sport is probably the hardest to guesstimate how players will adjust. though, its great for Aggie Basketball and recruiting if he goes high...

tlongII
03-01-2007, 06:43 PM
He reminds me of Damon Stoudamire.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-01-2007, 06:49 PM
I've resigned myself to the fact I'll have two teams to root for next year - the Spurs and whoever drafts Acie.

remingtonbo2001
03-01-2007, 07:30 PM
Acie Law reminds me of Vince Young. Both athletes lacked fundamental knowledge, but were incredibly clutch. If the Spurs are to trade for Law, it will have to wait until after he is drafted. I believe the Spurs might wait to see who drafts him, then maybe try to work out a draft-nite deal, considering that Law would be their best option. If Law is able to carry the Aggies to the Final 4, then it may be impossible to get our mits on him. I like Kavalskus, possibily as a 2nd round pick. I think he would be a good pickup, especially if we end up cutting ties with Jackie Butler.

ShoogarBear
03-01-2007, 07:38 PM
A couple of bracketology site pod projections for the NCAA tournament have TAMU and Florida both going to NOLA. :smokin

Kermit
03-01-2007, 07:42 PM
Acie Law reminds me of Vince Young. Both athletes lacked fundamental knowledge, but were incredibly clutch. If the Spurs are to trade for Law, it will have to wait until after he is drafted. I believe the Spurs might wait to see who drafts him, then maybe try to work out a draft-nite deal, considering that Law would be their best option. If Law is able to carry the Aggies to the Final 4, then it may be impossible to get our mits on him. I like Kavalskus, possibily as a 2nd round pick. I think he would be a good pickup, especially if we end up cutting ties with Jackie Butler.
maybe you can set me straight...

how the fuck does acie lack fundamental knowledge? he seems pretty fundamentally sound to me. he might lack some athleticism...

ShoogarBear
03-01-2007, 08:39 PM
I've resigned myself to the fact I'll have two teams to root for next year - the Spurs and whoever drafts Acie.Aggie Kingsfan???

AFBlue
03-01-2007, 09:03 PM
When I look at some mock draft (like nbadraft.net), I don't find that there is someone available at Spurs pick who can really help them (I just look at their profile/scouting report/stats because I don't know them).

Maybe the best thing will be to trade the pick to get some vets who can help Spurs as soon as next year.

I don't look at mock drafts this early because most of them pre-suppose that certain players will declare and that others will stay in school/overseas for another year or two. What these assumptions are based off of, I have no idea.

For right now, I look at a player's standing in Chad Ford's Top 100 on ESPN and balance that bio against more updated bios on several different sites (DX, draftnet, etc.). I look at players in the 35-45 range to see who might be available based on 10 or so players in the top 30 not declaring. Guys like Rudy Fernandez, Nick Fazekas, and Alando Tucker might be available....

RonMexico
03-01-2007, 09:45 PM

Uh, Marcus Williams is actually getting decent minutes with the Nets and he's put up 2 great games against the Suns this year (probably because he's pissed they didn't draft him when they had the chance after Isaiah passed and took Balkman). Against the Suns, he was running and gunning and making great passes, which makes me even more pissed that they didn't get him because he seems to fit in a wide open offense.

MajorMike
03-01-2007, 09:59 PM
WTF? Just because you think Price was better than Law doesn't make it fact dumbass. Price was good, but he didn't have Law's shot or smarts.

Obviously you are bitter that your team now sucks because your coach is the retarded son of a drunk that had some success at one time. Quit letting your hate and jealousy blind you.

Let's see...
Price 2x 1st Team All B12
Law 0x (ok so we know he will get 1)

Price 3x B12 Tourney Team
Law 1x

Price 2x B12 Tourney Most Oustanding Player
Law 0x

Price 1x B12 Player of the Year
Law 0x

Price 1821 points (4th all time B12)
Law 1580 with no more than 10 games left

Price 2nd Team AA
Law 0

Price First Team All-America honors from the USBWA and The Sporting News
Law 0

You right, the assumption that Price was better than Law is ridiculous. Plus your hateful nature makes you look so manly. Have you even noticed I'm taking up for a player from the team that I hate the most? Grow up and open your eyes 'fity'.

RonMexico
03-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Well, Hollis Price was also on a better overall team that made the tournament every year and has been to the Final 4... this is the first near-complete team the Ags have had since 1982...

Mr. Body
03-01-2007, 10:04 PM
Uh, Marcus Williams is actually getting decent minutes with the Nets and he's put up 2 great games against the Suns this year (probably because he's pissed they didn't draft him when they had the chance after Isaiah passed and took Balkman). Against the Suns, he was running and gunning and making great passes, which makes me even more pissed that they didn't get him because he seems to fit in a wide open offense.

Marcus Williams (AZ).

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-01-2007, 10:07 PM
Yay, more useless stats from CaptMike.

Price First Team All-America honors from the USBWA and The Sporting News
Law 0

:lmao So you don't think Law will get those honors this year?

Price 2nd Team AA
Law 0

Nice of you to wait until the season is over. name a PG playing better right now. Lots of folks have him as the FIRST team AA PG.

You can have your Oklahoma State RPI and Hollis Price's 300 extra points. I'll take Acie any fucking day of the week, and I suspect so will any NBA GM.

But I know, you're smarter than all of us :rolleyes

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-01-2007, 10:08 PM
Aggie Kingsfan???

:depressed

RonMexico
03-01-2007, 10:08 PM
Marcus Williams (AZ).

"Oh... well, he's a fag"

-Tim Hardaway

P.S. My bad, but I'm an Arizona State guy so I don't care that everyone finally realized how much they overrated him early in the year.

Mr. Body
03-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Funny. I was looking at the draft line up and also thinking Law would be a Sacramento King.

atxrocker
03-01-2007, 11:07 PM
Aggie Kingsfan???

that rolls so nicely off the tongue :smokin

atxrocker
03-01-2007, 11:07 PM
Funny. I was looking at the draft line up and also thinking Law would be a Sacramento King.

one could hope

atxrocker
03-01-2007, 11:10 PM
Acie Law's 'worst case scenario' is a healthier Bobby Jackson.

i really like the kid, but a healthy bobby jackson coulda had a helluva career. how exactly is that a 'worst case scenario' type of thing?

Marklar MM
03-02-2007, 12:29 AM
Detroit will get Acie Law.

Louie Vega
03-02-2007, 12:39 AM

You can have that bitch!!! Let's get Oden and Law!!! :rolleyes

MajorMike
03-02-2007, 01:13 PM
Well, Hollis Price was also on a better overall team that made the tournament every year and has been to the Final 4... this is the first near-complete team the Ags have had since 1982...

Price - B12 wins = 37
Law - B12 wins = 31

The uo team that went to the Final Four was 13-3 31-5
atm this year is 12-3 24-5 (with some to go)

So you are saying that FF uo team was a better overall team than this year's atm team.

Price's 3 years were all NCAA but lost after 1 game 1st time.
Law's last 3 were NIT, NCAAx2, going to NIT quarter finals.

Yay, more useless stats from CaptMike.

:lmao So you don't think Law will get those honors this year?

Nice of you to wait until the season is over. name a PG playing better right now. Lots of folks have him as the FIRST team AA PG.

You can have your Oklahoma State RPI and Hollis Price's 300 extra points. I'll take Acie any fucking day of the week, and I suspect so will any NBA GM.

But I know, you're smarter than all of us :rolleyes

No.

Sorry we can't all be as rude and ignorant as you are. I must say, you get lots of practice, tho.

wildbill2u
03-02-2007, 06:26 PM
I keep trying to envision how a discussion with another GM about trading up in the draft would go:

RC: So we'd like to move up from, you know, say the 28th position to where you are in the top 15.

Anon. GM: Uh huh, right. You know the reason we're in the top 15 is we're so crappy. We'd like to get a few good players ourselves, dummy.

RC:I can understand your reluctance. Let me sweeten the deal. You can also have Beno Udrich as well.

GM: That's a sweetener. You sure you're not giving away a cancer virus with that?

RC: OK, I can see you're a sharp operator. We'll also throw in the rights to Luis Scola-the best PF in Europe.

GM: Now there's a deal only an idiot would take. We'd have to convince Scola to pay his way out of his contract with about 13,500,000 million dollars of his own money. By the time we got him here without the payout, and gave him a little seasoning to the NBA, he'd be needing a fucking walker. If you think he's such a great deal, why don't you bring him over yourself? Sheesh.

RC: What would it take?

GM: We might take Ginobili off your hands or Parker?

RC: Thanks but no thanks. I gotta go.

GM: What's up?

RC: I just remembered. Isaiah's on my speed dial.

BrianBird
03-02-2007, 07:53 PM
6 pages for Acie Law? Wow..... thats all i've got... wow

Is it not a forgone conclusion even if we use our first round pick, chances are he'll be in europe for 3-4 years?

It would be great to be proven wrong...

Mr. Body
03-02-2007, 08:25 PM
i really like the kid, but a healthy bobby jackson coulda had a helluva career. how exactly is that a 'worst case scenario' type of thing?

I meant even his worst case is pretty damn good.

Marcus Bryant
03-02-2007, 08:30 PM
Acie Law or Beno Udrih?

ABDENOUR POWER
03-15-2007, 08:50 PM
Acie Law will be a Piston via Orlando's draft pick.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-15-2007, 09:05 PM
Is it not a forgone conclusion even if we use our first round pick, chances are he'll be in europe for 3-4 years?

:lol Chances (100%) are you are wrong.