PDA

View Full Version : Any news on LJ III?

TwoHandJam
11-16-2004, 10:46 AM
Is he practicing with the team yet? I wonder if Pop will find a way to work him into the rotation. If he does, whose minutes are going to get cut?

I'd feel bad if working LJ III in puts the squeeze on Devin since his minutes have already been cut by Barry's presence and I think Devin is trying hard to perform in limited minutes. However, LJ may provide a better rebounding presence (which we need) and he would bring something that can't be taught - height.

timvp
11-16-2004, 02:10 PM
The Third had another MRI the other day. The Spurs haven't released the results as of yet. As far as I know, he's still in a walking boot and crutches.

When he's ready he'll bring height and a lot of energy. Devin Brown is a pretty damn good rebounder himself, so I'm not sure The Third would be much better on the boards.

TwoHandJam
11-16-2004, 02:32 PM
The Third had another MRI the other day. The Spurs haven't released the results as of yet. As far as I know, he's still in a walking boot and crutches.

When he's ready he'll bring height and a lot of energy. Devin Brown is a pretty damn good rebounder himself, so I'm not sure The Third would be much better on the boards.Thanks for the update LJ. This guy's still in a boot and crutches? Damn, sounds as bad as Manu's sprain or maybe worse.

I know Devin is a strong rebounder and that's why I said LJIII might be a better rebounder. He'll have to be to beat out Devin. However, I'm really worried about how we'll guard tall, talented 3's this year. Horry has really lost a step and Devin or Manu are just too undersized. Even Bruce is overmatched against guys like Dirk or Rashard. Rashard already cut us up once this season.

xcoriate
11-16-2004, 06:35 PM
I think the Spurs are being overlly careful given Manu's previous situation, it seems there taking it slowly

grjr
11-16-2004, 06:49 PM
OK, suppose the THIRD gets healthy and he gets put on the active roster. Who do you put on IR???

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-16-2004, 06:56 PM
OK, suppose the THIRD gets healthy and he gets put on the active roster. Who do you put on IR???

Wilks?

Ghost Writer
11-17-2004, 09:41 AM
LJ III?

The Ellis' have procreated?

Doesn't that take 9 months?

Have I been away that long?

:oops