PDA

View Full Version : where i come from (west side)

redskinfan
03-01-2007, 09:13 AM
i see this commercial for this dealership out of new braunfels and there name is chacon (chacone) but this guy announces it as chaycon what is the deal? are they(owners) trying to avoid being tagged as hispanic? does anyone know this chacon? are they hispanic or anglo as the commercial suggests?

tas loco chaycon!

MoSpur
03-01-2007, 09:56 AM
I think I remember someone calling them out in some other thread. Its annoying. Its pronounced cha cone not shea con.

batman2883
03-01-2007, 09:57 AM
f the westside!!!! aaaaaaaaagggghhhhhhh

MoSpur
03-01-2007, 10:00 AM
Mark likes to think he grew on the East Side. He feels it makes him cool for some reason even though he graduated from John Jay, which may be considered West Side by some. Go figure.

batman2883
03-01-2007, 10:03 AM
i lied about my address foolio!!!! i dont care about sides im just making fun of how all westsiders all have to say ....aaaaaaggggghhhhhhh at the end of everything

Buddy Holly
03-01-2007, 10:06 AM
Is that guys name Rock Music???

MoSpur
03-01-2007, 10:08 AM
I think so Buddy.

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-01-2007, 11:54 AM
I renew my plan to buy a Suzuki, then run down Mr. Music with the new Suzuki.

Any financiers?

Extra Stout
03-01-2007, 01:18 PM
i see this commercial for this dealership out of new braunfels and there name is chacon (chacone) but this guy announces it as chaycon what is the deal? are they(owners) trying to avoid being tagged as hispanic? does anyone know this chacon? are they hispanic or anglo as the commercial suggests?

tas loco chaycon!
Why, in Austin, do they pronounce Guadalupe St. as "Gwad-a-loop," Menchaca as "man-shack," and Salado as "suh-lay-doh" ?

redskinfan
03-01-2007, 01:35 PM
Why, in Austin, do they pronounce Guadalupe St. as "Gwad-a-loop," Menchaca as "man-shack," and Salado as "suh-lay-doh" ?

thats funny i heard that also yeah that guys name is rock music. Be proud people if you mescan be mescan dont give in cus you think no one will buy from you. I f you got low prices and good service they will come. DONT BE AFRAID

Extra Stout
03-01-2007, 01:49 PM
thats funny i heard that also yeah that guys name is rock music. Be proud people if you mescan be mescan dont give in cus you think no one will buy from you. I f you got low prices and good service they will come. DONT BE AFRAID
Maybe the guy is a gallego and that's why he anglicized the pronunciation? I don't think anybody shies away from buying a car from a Mexican-owned dealership in San Antonio. Ernesto Ancira? Domingo Vara?

jayfmyers
03-01-2007, 02:43 PM
My wife and I were just talking about this yesterday. Rock Music, what a joke!

degenerate_gambler
03-01-2007, 02:48 PM
My wife and I were just talking about this yesterday. Rock Music, what a joke!

If that's really the dude's name....bet his parents were best friends with Timothy Leary back in the day.

MrChug
03-01-2007, 04:27 PM

:hat It's annoying. There's a bank manager there I know who ACTUALLY pronounces his name Jay-mee Hur-nan-DEZ...you guessed it: Jaime Hernandez. :oops