PDA

View Full Version : Got my money's worth

Jimcs50
03-01-2007, 09:28 AM
Went to Reed Arena to watch the Lady Aggies win the Big 12 against UT, then watched a great great game on the scoreboard with 8000 screaming fans.

It would have been a perfect night, had Sloan taken 3 more dribbles and shot a 22 footer into the basket instead of a prayer 40 footer, or if Elonu had taken his time on the put back after Acie's miss at the end of the 2nd OT, but they are Freshman and will learn when they play next year.

I have one thing to say.

Acie is probably the most cold blooded assassin in basketball in both college and the NBA. He told coach that he would hit the 3 to send the game into OT, and he had zero doubt at all that he would pull it off.

After the shot, which had to go over 8 and 1/2 feet of Kevin Durrant, almost hit the rafters before swishing, you could read his lips, "I told you so!"

Acie is POY in Big 12, and anyone that says otherwise is just nuts. Durrant is one and done in Big 12, so I would not give him the award, just on principle alone, but mainly because Acie is god-like.

Jimcs50
03-01-2007, 09:31 AM
I never heard a crowd scream to loud as when Acie's shot went in at end of regulation. We were thinking that Texas would foul us, but when Acie went to the corner, in the same spot as in the Kansas game, I told my buddy, that he would make the shot, and low and behold, it went in. :elephant

I jumped so high, had Gillespie seen me, he would have recruited me. :)