PDA

View Full Version : Another Day Of Resignations - Ridge, Armitage

Nbadan
11-16-2004, 11:09 AM
The W White House is going down in flames...

WASHINGTON (USATODAY.com) — Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge and Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage will step down, broadcast networks reported this morning.
Both CNN and MSNBC reported this morning that the two will step down. The two resignations are the latest in a series over recent days, as Bush juggles his top administration positions in preparation for a second term.

Secretary of State Colin Powell, Agriculture Secretary Ann Veneman, Education Secretary Rod Paige and Energy Secretary Spencer Abraham also said Monday they will leave. Commerce Secretary Don Evans and Attorney General John Ashcroft announced their exits last week.

Bush is expected to announce today that National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice will replace Powell.

Ridge is the nation's first homeland security secretary, a position created after the Sept. 11, 2001 terror attacks. He was a two-term governor of Pennsylvania.

Armitage was serving in the second-ranking position at the State Department. He is the second top department official to announce his resignation in recent days, after Powell.

USA Today (http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2004-11-16-ridge-thompson_x.htm)

Nbadan
11-16-2004, 11:12 AM
Here is a little background on Don Feith who is expected to take over for Ridge at the Homeland department..

As disturbing as Feith’s views may be, his political associations cause even greater concern. In recent years, Feith has frequently been featured in the activities of the Zionist Organization of America (ZOA). Known for its virulent anti-Arab incitement, the ZOA regularly attacks all Arab American political activity and demonizes politicians who hire Arab Americans or even associate with community organizations. The ZOA also frequently attacks American Jews whom they feel are not in line with their extremist pro-Likud philosophy.

In just the past few years, Feith was the Guest of Honor at ZOA’s 100th Anniversary Gala Banquet. He served as Master of Ceremony at two other major ZOA functions and has been a frequent participant at ZOA sponsored policy briefings on Capitol Hill supporting that organization’s anti-Palestinian legislative initiatives.

Feith’s law practice in Washington sheds further light on the one-sided nature of his work. His small law firm has one international affiliate, in Israel. Over two-thirds of all their reported casework involves representing Israeli interests. And, in light of Feith’s new appointment, one of these cases deserves some attention. As described on the firm’s website, Feith "represented a leading Israeli armaments manufacturer in establishing joint ventures with leading U.S. aerospace manufacturers for manufacture and sale of missile systems, to the U.S. Department of Defense and worldwide."

Middle East Info.org (http://middleeastinfo.org/article701.html)

Hook Dem
11-16-2004, 11:19 AM
"The W White House is going down in flames..." :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao That was the dude who set himself on fire yesterday What a sensationalist idiot you are! :lol

2pac
11-16-2004, 11:21 AM
You realize that there is always a decent cabinet turnover?

Clinton had

Secretary of State: 2
Treasury: 3
Defense: 3
AG: 1
Interior: 1
Agriculture: 2
Commerce: 4
Labor: 2
HHS: 1
HUD: 2
Transportation: 2
Energy: 2
Vet Affairs: 3
----------------------
13 Positions
30 people
2.3 people held each position in Clinton's cabinet

Dont let the facts get in the way of your opinions.

Nbadan
11-16-2004, 11:28 AM
Well you certainly don't let facts get in your way. Yes, there is always some turnover in Cabinet positions but no one can deny that the resignations in the last two days alone have been a bit over-whelming. If it's no big deal then why are you taking it so personally? Are you sucking W's dick of something?

Hook Dem
11-16-2004, 11:32 AM
Well you certainly don't let facts get in your way. Yes, there is always some turnover in Cabinet positions but no one can deny that the resignations in the last two days alone have been a bit over-whelming. If it's no big deal then why are you taking it so personally? Are you sucking W's dick of something?
Yes, thats it Dan! We're sucking W's dick. By the way, how does Osama's dick taste?

2pac
11-16-2004, 11:37 AM

You are the one making a big deal out of it. I was just pointing out your flaws. Again.

Nbadan
11-16-2004, 11:48 AM
I was just pointing out your flaws. Again

Well thanks for being the fact checker on the board, but next time use your data in proper context. It's not like everyone just up and quit on Clinton like what is happening now. Kinda like they all expected W to lose, huh?

Marcus Bryant
11-16-2004, 11:55 AM
Yet, Bush didn't lose. So what the fuck is your point other than your insanity or your desire to continue the world's longest running and rather boring practical joke?

2pac
11-16-2004, 11:56 AM
Well thanks for being the fact checker on the board, but next time use your data in proper context. It's not like everyone just up and quit on Clinton like what is happening now. Kinda like they all expected W to lose, huh?

People to quit after Clinton's first term:

Warren Christopher
William Perry
Mickey Kantor
Robert Reich
Henry Cisneros
Federico Pena
Jesse Brown

People who left before first term was up. (Ron Brown died during first term)
Benson
Christopher
Aspin
Espy

So by this point in his presidency, Clinton lost 12 Cabinent members - from 13 positions.

Who really had the turnover?

Right now is the logical time to leave if you are tired of the work. Bush lost two cabinent members during his first term, one he forced out. I dont know much about why Sen Martinez left.

If you are planning to do other things for the next 4 years, you have 2 months to resign, and giving W the most time to find your replacement is the classiest thing to do. Hence, the turnover right now.

11-16-2004, 12:03 PM
People to quit after Clinton's first term:

Warren Christopher
William Perry
Mickey Kantor
Robert Reich
Henry Cisneros
Federico Pena
Jesse Brown

People who left before first term was up. (Ron Brown died during first term)
Benson
Christopher
Aspin
Espy

So by this point in his presidency, Clinton lost 12 Cabinent members - from 13 positions.

Who really had the turnover?

Right now is the logical time to leave if you are tired of the work. Bush lost two cabinent members during his first term, one he forced out. I dont know much about why Sen Martinez left.

If you are planning to do other things for the next 4 years, you have 2 months to resign, and giving W the most time to find your replacement is the classiest thing to do. Hence, the turnover right now.
$10 says Dan spins the thread in a totally different direction after reading this.

2pac
11-16-2004, 12:09 PM
$10 says Dan spins the thread in a totally different direction after reading this.

CONSPIRACY - REPUBLICANS CAN PREDICT FUTURE

Nbadan
11-16-2004, 12:12 PM
Clinton lost 12 Cabinent members

12 cabinet members compared to how many cabinet heads that have resigned now? Besides, with Clinton we weren't up in our asses in a losing effort in Iraq.

2pac
11-16-2004, 12:13 PM
12 cabinet members compared to how many cabinet heads that have resigned now? Besides, with Clinton we weren't up in our asses in a losing effort in Iraq.

Umm - Cabinet members = Cabinet heads. Dumbass.

Yonivore
11-16-2004, 01:10 PM
Would you guys please quit quoting Nbadanallah in your responses, it's ruining an otherwise perfect thread.

exstatic
11-16-2004, 01:17 PM
If you have him on ignore, how can you even see his threads?

Yonivore
11-16-2004, 01:23 PM
If you have him on ignore, how can you even see his threads?
The threads show up, it just says that I've got the poster on ignore and gives me the option of taking him off ignore -- and option I've yet to employ. I only see what he posted when someone quotes him in a response.

You'd be surprised at how much better the threads are, even those he's started, without his input being visible.

2pac
11-16-2004, 01:27 PM
How do you ignore someone?

exstatic
11-16-2004, 01:28 PM
Did someone just post?

exstatic
11-16-2004, 01:30 PM
JK. :lol Go to your control panel and look down the left side for a buddy/ignore list.

Nbadan
11-16-2004, 05:39 PM
Umm - Cabinet members = Cabinet heads. Dumbass.

No it doesn't. They can be a undersecretary like Armitage.

Learn your Government.

Nbadan
11-16-2004, 05:41 PM
Go to your control panel and look down the left side for a buddy/ignore list.

I have all of you on my ignore list. :lol

Well, except EX and FWDT.

2pac
11-16-2004, 06:07 PM
No it doesn't. They can be a undersecretary like Armitage.

Learn your Government.

I clearly know more than you. Everyone I listed was a cabinet member - the heads of each department are the ones considered apart of the cabinet. Undersecs arent considered members of the cabinet - only the head of each department.

Nice try, idiot.

exstatic
11-16-2004, 06:33 PM
:lmao No wonder it seems like no one here is talking to anyone. Everyone is on everyone else's ignore list.

Marcus Bryant
11-16-2004, 06:52 PM
Not yet. Now you are.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-16-2004, 07:12 PM
I thought about putting Dan on my ignore list, but I need a good laugh every day.