PDA

View Full Version : does UT have a realistic shot on Saturday?

BUMP
03-01-2007, 05:03 PM
if we can win at Allen Fieldhouse we have a chance at winning the Big XII. but the Big 12 South is like 1-32 all time there and we got hammered pretty badly two years ago when we played. this is a much younger team, no offense to Brad Buckman, but we've lost a lot of the stiffs that we've had in past years that would keep us from winning these types of games.

keys to the game
1. dont double the low post players because KU will hit wide open 3's.
2. we need to control the glass to have any chance
3. force KU to have long posessions cause eventually theyll take a bad shot
4. Durant or Damion James need to control Julian Wright
5. Prevent KU from fastbreak points. foul them hard or something cause the fastbreak dunks always get the crowd going

Mr. Body
03-01-2007, 05:08 PM
Kansas has been playing extremely well, but Texas has to be riding high after their win last night.

K-State Spur
03-01-2007, 05:08 PM
if KU plays down (like they did monday), UT has a shot.

if KU plays their A or B game, it will be a minimum 15 point jayhawk victory. Worst case scenario would be that the horns get run like they did in '05.

There are only a couple of teams in the country that can touch the Jayhawks when they are on their game, but that only happens about 50% of the time.

Doug Collins
03-01-2007, 05:20 PM
KU is good at blowing leads to quality opponents. If Texas can keep it tight at the end KU will get nervous and choke. At least that's what I hope happens.

tlongII
03-01-2007, 05:25 PM
If Texas can keep their turnovers low they have a shot. Durant and Augustin can score on anybody.

johngateswhiteley
03-01-2007, 06:18 PM
no. no chance.

degenerate_gambler
03-01-2007, 06:21 PM
no. no chance.

We know who the aggie players are rooting for saturday.

But what about their fans?

johngateswhiteley
03-01-2007, 06:24 PM
We know who the aggie players are rooting for saturday.

But what about their fans?

i'm rooting for a t.u. loss so they finish below us after we whip missouri. but it really doesn't matter, b/c t.u. isn't good enough to beat kansas or A&M on the road...even with fouls going their way.

looks like A&M will finish 2nd behind Kansas by a game, and my hope/prediction of A&M winning the Big 12 will be gone...

degenerate_gambler
03-01-2007, 06:28 PM
i'm rooting for a t.u. loss so they finish below us after we whip missouri. but it really doesn't matter, b/c t.u. isn't good enough to beat kansas or A&M on the road...even with fouls going their way.

looks like A&M will finish 2nd behind Kansas by a game, and my hope/prediction of A&M winning the Big 12 will be gone...

fair enough..

tlongII
03-01-2007, 06:45 PM

Isn't your hope already gone? My understanding is that the tiebreakers are in UT's favor which means they will win the conference title if they beat Kansas.

SrA Husker
03-01-2007, 09:06 PM
KU will be up for this game. KU by 7 wins it.

K-State Spur
03-01-2007, 09:08 PM
KU will be up for this game. KU by 7 wins it.

If KU is truly up for this game, it will be a lot more than 7. They have the one player in this conference with the quickness/length to give Durant problems (Wright).

MajorMike
03-01-2007, 09:41 PM
but it really doesn't matter, b/c t.u. isn't good enough to beat kansas or A&M on the road...

Didn't you say about 48 hours ago that they weren't good enough to beat atm at home?

beachbarbie948
03-01-2007, 11:07 PM
hm. i honestly don't think Texas has a shot.
not just because i like kansas, but just because i think kansas is better, especially at home
but i could definately be wrong.
this is college athletics after all.

samikeyp
03-01-2007, 11:14 PM
hm. i honestly don't think Texas has a shot.
not just because i like kansas, but just because i think kansas is better, especially at home
but i could definately be wrong.
this is college athletics after all.

and the fact that you don't like Texas has nothing to do with it. :lol

Seriously....like you said...with college sports anything is possible but I don't like the Horns chances.

beachbarbie948
03-01-2007, 11:20 PM
and the fact that you don't like Texas has nothing to do with it. :lol

Seriously....like you said...with college sports anything is possible but I don't like the Horns chances.

honestly, the fact that i don't like texas doesn't have much to do with it
i try to be objective when it comes to predictions, even if it's a team i don't like much.

but this is KU at home
and that's just gonna be tough to beat 'em

mookie2001
03-01-2007, 11:20 PM
-kansas is overrated, good but not a typical #1 seed, a&m is a better team all around, i think texas will rebound, augustine and durant are going to love playing in Lawrence-texas wins 88-70

samikeyp
03-01-2007, 11:21 PM
honestly, the fact that i don't like texas doesn't have much to do with it
i try to be objective when it comes to predictions, even if it's a team i don't like much.

I know...that is why the :lol

:)

BUMP
03-01-2007, 11:38 PM
-kansas is overrated, good but not a typical #1 seed, a&m is a better team all around, i think texas will rebound, augustine and durant are going to love playing in Lawrence-texas wins 88-70

thats a bold prediction, im a UT fan but i've seen a lot of KU home games and thats damn near impossible to win by 18 LOL

SrA Husker
03-01-2007, 11:39 PM
thats a bold prediction, im a UT fan but i've seen a lot of KU home games and thats damn near impossible to win by 18 LOL

Unless you're Oral Roberts
:spin

mookie2001
03-01-2007, 11:40 PM
texas is too young to be scared of jayhawks, theyre 18- to them kanas just chokes every year against bucknell, bradley, buckees state...

johngateswhiteley
03-02-2007, 12:12 AM
Isn't your hope already gone? My understanding is that the tiebreakers are in UT's favor which means they will win the conference title if they beat Kansas.

huh? apparently you didn't understand my post. i am hoping t.u. loses so they end up in 3rd and A&M ends up in 2nd...behind kansas (who is 1st).

btw, to all...t.u. isn't good enough to win in either College Station or Lawrence...won't happen. but t.u. is good enough to beat A&M in Austin when A&M is in foul trouble the first half and has 3 starters foul out in the second half and overtime....they're good enough to beat a depleted A&M team in Austin. thats about it, though.

finally, if you don't think i am giving t.u. enough credit, i could care less. durant and co. can go fuck themselves. newsflash geniuses, i don't like t.u., they are our rival. hell yes it was good game, so what......i still hate t.u.. i hope we meet them on a neutral court in the Big 12 tourney or NCAA's...we'll smash those guys.

mookie2001
03-02-2007, 12:18 AM
i still cant believe joe jones fouled out

Cant_Be_Faded
03-02-2007, 12:26 AM
too bad durant will still rake in the free throws on a netural court

BIIIIAAAAAAAATCH

K-State Spur
03-02-2007, 12:31 AM

a&m is a more consistent team. ku has a much higher ceiling.

got i hate talking up the squawks.

beachbarbie948
03-02-2007, 12:36 AM
I know...that is why the :lol

:)

ohhh okay.
i don't catch on too fast lol.

sghspurs
03-02-2007, 01:15 AM
I'm an Aggie and I'm rooting for Texas. Lets split it three ways.

degenerate_gambler
03-02-2007, 09:48 AM
finally, if you don't think i am giving t.u. enough credit, i could care less. durant and co. can go fuck themselves. newsflash geniuses, i don't like t.u., they are our rival. hell yes it was good game, so what......i still hate t.u.. i hope we meet them on a neutral court in the Big 12 tourney or NCAA's...we'll smash those guys.

I dig it.

I've found myself at times pulling for OU over aggsy in whatever.

A rival is just that...the enemy.

One of my very good friends, his son is now in his second yr as a starter on the aggsy baseball team. its fun to go to olsen field and watch him perform well while the team loses.

johngateswhiteley
03-02-2007, 09:53 AM
I dig it.

I've found myself at times pulling for OU over aggsy in whatever.

A rival is just that...the enemy.

One of my very good friends, his son is now in his second yr as a starter on the aggsy baseball team. its fun to go to olsen field and watch him perform well while the team loses.

finally, a poster who gets it. :tu

side note... i just got back from a workout about an hour ago and i hadn't checked the weather this morning, fuck it was cold. its March 2nd and it was 12 degrees while i was running. thankfully, we've got upper 40s coming our way next week...just in time for the start of the season.

degenerate_gambler
03-02-2007, 10:05 AM
finally, a poster who gets it. :tu

side note... i just got back from a workout about an hour ago and i hadn't checked the weather this morning, fuck it was cold. its March 2nd and it was 12 degrees while i was running. thankfully, we've got upper 40s coming our way next week...just in time for the start of the season.

spring break weather here...

as an aside, not sure how many here follow college baseball, but aggsy has a nice tourney this weekend with oregon st. one of the teams invited.

johngateswhiteley
03-02-2007, 10:19 AM
spring break weather here...

as an aside, not sure how many here follow college baseball, but aggsy has a nice tourney this weekend with oregon st. one of the teams invited.

i follow it...and yes they do. huge game today, #19 A&M vs. #9 Oregon State....i think its streamed online so i'll get to watch it.

Jimcs50
03-02-2007, 10:48 AM
I am torn betw rooting for UT or Kansas...yes a co-championship will be nice, but if UT wins the conference, I think it pushes the Aggies to a 3 seed while UT takes a 2 seed along with Kansas.

BeerIsGood!
03-02-2007, 03:51 PM
huh? apparently you didn't understand my post. i am hoping t.u. loses so they end up in 3rd and A&M ends up in 2nd...behind kansas (who is 1st).

btw, to all...t.u. isn't good enough to win in either College Station or Lawrence...won't happen. but t.u. is good enough to beat A&M in Austin when A&M is in foul trouble the first half and has 3 starters foul out in the second half and overtime....they're good enough to beat a depleted A&M team in Austin. thats about it, though.

Now I see why you get owned on here constantly - you're too emotional to be worth a damn in predicting anything. Emotions kill

mardigan
03-02-2007, 04:04 PM
I dont see why they couldnt win, this team can beat any team on any night if they are playing well together. If Abrams is hitting shots especially, I think he might be pivitol next game

j-6
03-02-2007, 07:00 PM
I am torn betw rooting for UT or Kansas...yes a co-championship will be nice, but if UT wins the conference, I think it pushes the Aggies to a 3 seed while UT takes a 2 seed along with Kansas.

I know hate blinds people, but any Aggie in thier right mind ought to be hoping for a Longhorn W on Saturday. It makes your recent loss to UT look even better and increases the chance of Kansas facing the 7/10 winner in the Big 12 tourney - probably OU since I think the Ags will knock Mizzou out of that spot.

I'd rather have KU play OU and struggle a little than have the Jayhawks hang eighty on Iowa State and rest their starters the whole second half. It also throws Tech into the other side of the A&M bracket and gives the Ags Mizzou again rather than the prospect of a third defeat by the Red Raiders. The Ags are a legit two if they beat Mizzou over the weekend and win a couple in the B12 tourney - why not take the easier path? That third game (and the title game as well) is going to be UT or Kansas anyway if this thing goes chalk.

mookie2001
03-02-2007, 07:24 PM
whottt? I always go for aggy when they play sooner

mookie2001
03-02-2007, 07:24 PM
at least aggys are technically from the state known as texas

johngateswhiteley
03-02-2007, 07:40 PM
Now I see why you get owned on here constantly - you're too emotional to be worth a damn in predicting anything. Emotions kill

huh?...no. i want A&M to finish ahead of t.u., whats the big deal. btw, t.u. isn't capable of beating kansas...or A&M for that matter on the road or in a neutral environment. in fact kansas will probably beat down t.u. pretty badly. something like 90-75...

people are getting too caught up with this team. they are very good and have a lot of young talent, but without a huge disparity of calls in their favor, they won't go far.

mookie2001
03-02-2007, 07:51 PM
i cant believe joe jones fouled out

j-6
03-02-2007, 08:38 PM
huh?...no. i want A&M to finish ahead of t.u., whats the big deal. btw, t.u. isn't capable of beating kansas...or A&M for that matter on the road or in a neutral environment. in fact kansas will probably beat down t.u. pretty badly. something like 90-75...

people are getting too caught up with this team. they are very good and have a lot of young talent, but without a huge disparity of calls in their favor, they won't go far.

What's far? Or hell, what's fair? We have an entirely different set of expectations for these two teams. A&M is a legit F4 team and we UT homers will probably be fairly content with a third round loss. The Aggies are clearly one of the best seven or eight teams in the country and the Longhorns are a bunch of overachieving underclassmen led by a guy who should be in Celtic green right now.

I think the Ags will be better off with a two or a three where the bar will be set a little lower. UT, on the other hand, might wind up with a three or a four that they really don't deserve and have to deal with artifically inflated expectations.

I'll be an A&M fan in this tourney unless they face the Longhorns. Those of us that have followed B12 hoops over the last few years can't help liking the Aggies. They play great D and have one of the most clutch m'erf'ers from sea to shining sea.

My team's fun to watch and great in their own right, but your team's got a chance to be special. Here's to seeing how all of this plays out.

Pugglekicker_21
03-02-2007, 09:15 PM
I think Texas better make sure that they dont stay high on the emotion of beating A&M. That will be their downfall. It'll be nice to see what Durant does in his final game. I look for Julian Wright to have a big game, Texas has no real big man besides Durant or James to guard him properly, and Rush has more expierence than Augustin. You also have to count in the Allen Fieldhouse as a factor.

johngateswhiteley
03-02-2007, 09:23 PM
I think the Ags will be better off with a two or a three where the bar will be set a little lower. UT, on the other hand, might wind up with a three or a four that they really don't deserve and have to deal with artifically inflated expectations.

I'll be an A&M fan in this tourney unless they face the Longhorns. Those of us that have followed B12 hoops over the last few years can't help liking the Aggies. They play great D and have one of the most clutch m'erf'ers from sea to shining sea.

My team's fun to watch and great in their own right, but your team's got a chance to be special. Here's to seeing how all of this plays out.

1. i agree about A&M's seed, i said as much earlier. i just think it would be cool to be a #1 seed, but a 2 is just as good. btw, i still think A&M is a #2 seed

2. thats cool you like watching A&M and might even pull for them, but that won't get you any points in my book...not that you care

3. i, as always, will be rooting against t.u.

mookie2001
03-02-2007, 09:26 PM
3. i, as always, will be rooting against t.u.so if thats true, who were you rooting for jan 5th 2006 when texas played usc?

johngateswhiteley
03-02-2007, 09:37 PM
so if thats true, who were you rooting for jan 5th 2006 when texas played usc?

what?

leemajors
03-02-2007, 10:27 PM
so if thats true, who were you rooting for jan 5th 2006 when texas played usc?

:lol

that actually got a response