PDA

View Full Version : Longhorn/Agg afterthoughts:

Cant_Be_Faded
03-01-2007, 07:27 PM
Okay I was going to be classy CBF, but all the bitching has pushed my buttons, so here goes, full troll mode:

Durant is going to go Dwyane Wade on your maroon hued asses and score 50 points from the charity stripe alone

Durant is going to score exactly the amount of points from the stripe necessary to get Law, KAvlasuakas, Pompey, and Jones all fouled out.

And the Baby is going to stick a three in for good measure.

you're gonna get smoked...

LOL @ false agg confidence

but i play rugby for montana state

Is there any wonder why some of the best CBF material comes from this very forum? Good lord i fucking own you JGW.

I admitted it after like the first 'ticky tack' foul on durant of this season: He's getting the superstar treatment. Not only that, but I'm loving every fucking second of it. He's gone after this year--that makes me enjoy and love it even more.

Give us shit that he'll be gone, big deal, he'll still go into aggy land and dominate the free throws, DWade style. Guess how much he'll be given fouls in tournament time? When he's going to be seen by MILLIONS. FUCKERS.

So....maybe gillespie's strategy of not drafting superstars isn't panning out? LOL. Also, I still cannot believe Jones fouled out last night!!!

OWNED.

Pugglekicker_21
03-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Will they retire his 35 after this one season is the only remaining question.

SrA Husker
03-01-2007, 09:00 PM
JGW got owned.

Again.

RonMexico
03-01-2007, 09:38 PM
No, actually CBF got owned by being a typical UT-educated (50% chance of that because they're pretty much all bandwagon fans anyway) dumbshit and losing all credibility with "maybe gillespie's strategy of not drafting superstars isn't panning out?"

Last I checked, colleges don't draft players. Typical 'horn shows his (a) true colors because Barnes probably pays players to go there since he must sign them to major deals after the college "draft" every year and (b) also his absolutely terrible grasp of the English language, and "I'm loving every fucking second of it."

Cant_Be_Faded
03-01-2007, 09:47 PM
anger clouded my specifics but the general message stands

notice how the first aggy reply makes fun of my syntax

SORRRY SENOR but i could care less thats why the keyboard is designed so you can press any key at any time

Moreover you always know when you own someone when they make fun of your spelling, grammar or syntax

SORRY RONNY BUT I OWN YOU IN THIS FORUM AS WELL

CHODE.

BLOADED.

RonMexico
03-01-2007, 09:56 PM
Um... it doesn't really stand up to further scrutiny (that means "A close, careful examination or study"). It was the only part of the argument where I could find a moderately complete sentence... and it was so poorly written that I couldn't help but point it out to the entire board (about 95% of whom wouldn't have made a mistake to assume college coaches "draft" players). I'm still laughing...

Your entire argument is based on the fact that you needed twice the number of ticky-tack FTs than the Ags got in order to win by 2 points... and you're also putting all of UT's post-season chances on the hopes that Durant will get even more FTs because he's on national TV... So, tell me again how your team is "better," exactly, than these "no names" you say are on A&M? We've seen from Dirk that it doesn't take much skill to yell, draw fouls, and then shoot wide open 3's because no one can get near you.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-01-2007, 09:58 PM
im uh genious, so, git off uv, my penis

p.wnt

RonMexico
03-01-2007, 10:03 PM
Sorry, I used too many big words for you.

I'll go get my old "Clifford the Big Red Dog" books and try to look at their vocab-u-lary

samikeyp
03-01-2007, 10:29 PM
50% chance of that because they're pretty much all bandwagon fans anyway

Nice ignorant blanket statement... :rolleyes

RonMexico
03-02-2007, 04:28 AM
Nice ignorant blanket statement... :rolleyes

mostly Kermit when he doesn't ever post on here and comes out of nowhere to talk shit last night

chode_regulator
03-02-2007, 04:54 AM
anger clouded my specifics but the general message stands

notice how the first aggy reply makes fun of my syntax

SORRRY SENOR but i could care less thats why the keyboard is designed so you can press any key at any time

Moreover you always know when you own someone when they make fun of your spelling, grammar or syntax

SORRY RONNY BUT I OWN YOU IN THIS FORUM AS WELL

CHODE.

BLOADED.
funniest shit ive read on an internet forum in a while
class cbf material

btw why does it always have to be only longhorn fans are "bandwagon" and why is it that even if you didnt go to school at ut that you are a "bandwagon" fan. almost everyone, in fact i think everyone, i work with has not graduated college. yet we all have fav college teams. yet somehow that makes us bandwagon. :rolleyes

and from knowing cbf for almost 20 yrs i can guarantee you taht he knows college players dont get drafted. well at least not in the same sense as pro's.

lol at lame wannabe, wait, wait, i spelled wannabe as one word. i think ronnie is going to correct me. :madrun lol at people who are so uptight over spelling shit right on the net

Kermit
03-02-2007, 06:18 AM
mostly Kermit when he doesn't ever post on here and comes out of nowhere to talk shit last night
it's my job to put the corp of racists in their place from time to time (how's that for a blanket statement). besides, with all the diarreha coming out of you turds mouths, i might have to stick around awhile.

Doug Collins
03-02-2007, 03:30 PM
it's my job to put the corp of racists in their place from time to time (how's that for a blanket statement). besides, with all the diarreha coming out of you turds mouths, i might have to stick around awhile.

fyi most aggies think the corp is retarded and racist, so feel free to make fun of them all you want. I know I hate them.

leemajors
03-02-2007, 03:48 PM
fyi most aggies think the corp is retarded and racist, so feel free to make fun of them all you want. I know I hate them.

i'm actually quite glad to hear that. :toast

Horry For 3!
03-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Owned.

mardigan
03-02-2007, 04:09 PM
Pretty much...

RonMexico
03-02-2007, 04:33 PM
Simmons completely destroys Snoop Jackson and says what everyone at A&M has been seeing for the past 2 years with Acie Law. I held out a lot of hope the Suns could get him this summer in the draft with a low 20's pick (and get someone really hyped with Atlanta's pick), but I don't think it's possible anymore. Some crappy team will take him and ruin him (like NJ did with Antoine Wright).

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/blog/index?name=simmons

boutons_
03-02-2007, 08:11 PM
March 2, 2007, 4:14 pm

The Duel for Big 12 Honors

By Thayer Evans

Tags: Big 12, Kevin Durant, Texas, Texas A&M
Kevin DurantKevin Durant’s clutch free throws in the second overtime against Texas A&M Wednesday night sealed the victory for Texas. (Jessica Rinaldi/Reuters)

No. 15 Texas’ thrilling 98-96 double-overtime victory over No. 6 Texas A&M on Wednesday night further intensified debate about the Big 12’s player of the year award.

The top two candidates for the honor — the Texas freshman forward Kevin Durant and the Texas A&M senior guard Acie Law IV — waged a personal duel of one-upmanship over the game’s final 11 minutes that felt much like a heavyweight fight.

Durant hit what seemed to be a game-clinching 3-pointer from 25 feet with 23 seconds left in regulation. Law proceeded to answer with a circus 3-pointers to force both overtime and double overtime. Yet Durant delivered the decisive blow by making 5-of-6 free throws in the second overtime to seal his team’s victory.

He finished with 30 points and 13 rebounds, while Law had a game-high 33 points with 5 assists and 4 rebounds.

With Durant averaging a league-best 24.9 points and 11.5 rebounds, both of which rank in the top 10 nationally, he is the favorite for Big 12 player of the year. He is also the leading contender for the John R. Wooden Award, which is given to college basketball’s top player.

But don’t rule out Law for the Big 12 award. He averages 18.1 points and 5.38 assists, but is second in conference scoring at 20.9 points per game behind Durant’s 28.7-point league average.

After Wednesday’s game, Texas Coach Rick Barnes said he will vote for Law to win the Big 12 award because league rules prohibit him from voting for one of his own players. He also floated the trendy notion of Durant and Law sharing the honor.

“They both probably deserve co-player of the year,” Barnes said. “Going into the game, I’m not sure if I would have said that earlier.”

The possibility of co-Big 12 players of the year raises an interesting question: could Durant win national player of the year without even winning his league’s top honor outright?

http://bracket.blogs.nytimes.com/?8dpc

Marcus Bryant
03-02-2007, 08:28 PM
:yawn. When does the tournament start?

BUMP
03-03-2007, 01:13 AM

so you're saying there are only two UT fans here, or are you just changing your statement to make yourself look good?

RonMexico
03-03-2007, 10:44 AM
so you're saying there are only two UT fans here, or are you just changing your statement to make yourself look good?

no, actually all of them are losers... just Kermit takes the cake for being the douchiest and bandwagon of all. they obviously take the bandwagon comments to heart because they know its true.

chode comes in and backs up one idiot's rant with similarly idiotic statements. it's not that i'm out to correct grammar, but there's a point where you use the term "drafted" and that sums up your fav. school's entire success for the past decade... they just haven't gotten caught like USC or OU yet.

oh yeah, and can't be faded has consistently the worst college sports takes on this board.

and bump, you're simply a retard.

leemajors
03-03-2007, 11:34 AM
no, actually all of them are losers... just Kermit takes the cake for being the douchiest and bandwagon of all. they obviously take the bandwagon comments to heart because they know its true.

chode comes in and backs up one idiot's rant with similarly idiotic statements. it's not that i'm out to correct grammar, but there's a point where you use the term "drafted" and that sums up your fav. school's entire success for the past decade... they just haven't gotten caught like USC or OU yet.

oh yeah, and can't be faded has consistently the worst college sports takes on this board.

i think you are taking that crew entirely too seriously.

Kermit
03-03-2007, 02:26 PM

bandwagon fan. good one loser. the single most used argument for a person who continually gets their ass handed to them on a message board. "you're a bandwagon fan, so that discounts your opinion" they say, never thinking for a second that the person in question might actually be a student at said school. of course, "thinking" is the key word here. maybe you can blame your sucktitude on the refs as well.

samikeyp
03-03-2007, 02:53 PM
So Ron....all UT fans are losers?

Horry For 3!
03-03-2007, 02:57 PM
Ron is killin himself in this thread. :lol He is just diggin a deeper hole to bury himself with each and every post.

johngateswhiteley
03-03-2007, 05:47 PM

you are right about most of the t.u. fans on this board. the ones that are are not retarded know who they are, so i don't know why would take offense to anything said in general. the funny thing is the t.u. fans on this board are so retarded that they don't even realize how stupid their takes are and how unbiased they appear.

(cue some retard t.u. fan to come in an make a "pot calling the kettle black" line. not only unoriginal, but inaccurate)

Kermit
03-03-2007, 06:22 PM
you are right about most of the t.u. fans on this board. the ones that are are not retarded know who they are, so i don't know why would take offense to anything said in general. the funny thing is the t.u. fans on this board are so retarded that they don't even realize how stupid their takes are and how unbiased they appear.

(cue some retard t.u. fan to come in an make a "pot calling the kettle black" line. not only unoriginal, but inaccurate)

whitey, you're the most biased, sheep-fucker loving asshole on this board. no one needs to post a "pot" refrence because everyone who reads your posts not only becomes semi-retarded but realizes that your head is buried half-way up reveilles brown-ring. nice try at making yourself look a like a fan with a non-partisan view point though.

johngateswhiteley
03-03-2007, 06:26 PM
whitey, you're the most biased, sheep-fucker loving asshole on this board. no one needs to post a "pot" refrence because everyone who reads your posts not only becomes semi-retarded but realizes that your head is buried half-way up reveilles brown-ring. nice try at making your self look a like a fan with a partisan view point though.

what have i ever said that is homerish? and i don't mean from a t.u. retarded viewpoint.

leemajors
03-03-2007, 06:34 PM
what have i ever said that is homerish? and i don't mean from a t.u. retarded viewpoint.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7f/Htorch.PNG/250px-Htorch.PNG

FLAME ON!

johngateswhiteley
03-03-2007, 06:35 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7f/Htorch.PNG/250px-Htorch.PNG

FLAME ON!

i am being serious, what?

leemajors
03-03-2007, 06:39 PM
i am being serious, what?

honestly, the only non-homerish sports posts i can recall you making concerned the stros in the baseball forum. :stirpot:

leemajors
03-03-2007, 06:39 PM
but they are always entertaining, which is all you can ask for.

Kermit
03-03-2007, 06:45 PM
huh?...no. i want A&M to finish ahead of t.u., whats the big deal. btw, t.u. isn't capable of beating kansas...or A&M for that matter on the road or in a neutral environment. in fact kansas will probably beat down t.u. pretty badly. something like 90-75...

people are getting too caught up with this team. they are very good and have a lot of young talent, but without a huge disparity of calls in their favor, they won't go far.

btw, to all...t.u. isn't good enough to win in either College Station or Lawrence...won't happen. but t.u. is good enough to beat A&M in Austin when A&M is in foul trouble the first half and has 3 starters foul out in the second half and overtime....they're good enough to beat a depleted A&M team in Austin. thats about it, though.

finally, if you don't think i am giving t.u. enough credit, i could care less. durant and co. can go fuck themselves. newsflash geniuses, i don't like t.u., they are our rival. hell yes it was good game, so what......i still hate t.u.. i hope we meet them on a neutral court in the Big 12 tourney or NCAA's...we'll smash those guys.

nah, my 'crazy' prediction will come true. t.u. isn't capable of beating A&M on any court...t.u. loses the next two.

then you better get ready to go to jail. cause A&M is coming in to complete our ownage of t.u. this year...pal.

sorry genius, we already beat kansas and t.u.. not sure where you get your logic from...? in any case, we'll beat t.u. this wednesday.

of course i've seen them play. but if you remember, the only reason A&M didn't win by 30 was b/c of the fouls. i don't see t.u. getting that much of an advantage even in Austin. but, yeah, we won't win by almost 20...i think 13 is a good pick.

i could go on and on. you're lack of impartiality is quite astounding. you are a quintessential homer. not that i give a shit since most fans are, but don't try to pretend that you don't see the world through maroon-colored glasses.

johngateswhiteley
03-03-2007, 06:46 PM
honestly, the only non-homerish sports posts i can recall you making concerned the stros in the baseball forum. :stirpot:

:lol. what i find funny, is that i am a homer...and only b/c i am pulling for my teams. lets see, since i have been on this board:

1. A&M's football team made a drastic turnaround from las season and beat t.u....and i didn't pick them to do anything insane, i was 1 game off in my prediction

2. USC has been kicking people's asses, there is no reason i shouldn't pick or believe the team could have won the national title the last two years

3. A&M's basketball team was preseason top 15 (if i remember correctly). there is nothing homerish about predicted them to win the big 12 regular season...the came in 2nd by 2 game and beat the winner on their home floor, not to mention were in the driver's seat the last few games

4. the Saints, predicting them to go to the super bowl and lose

5. USC's basketball team, who is in the top 25, saying they will make the tourney and do well this year...they are in 3rd place and battling the 2nd place team today

i am not posting this to say i was close in my, what were considered outlandish predictions, even though i was more correct than anyone thought i would be. but b/c there was nothing homerish about it, they were all feasible and either happened or were damn close. imo, the historically t.u. driven board is not used to having A&M and USC fans on this board.....well, go fuck yourselves. you're not all that...

johngateswhiteley
03-03-2007, 06:48 PM
i could go on and on. you're lack of impartiality is quite astounding. you are a quintessential homer. not that i give a shit since most fans are, but don't try to pretend that you don't see the world through maroon-colored glasses.

there isn't anything homerish about those posts. A&M is a better basketball team, they were favored to win and were suppose to. how can those be homer posts?

leemajors
03-03-2007, 06:49 PM
:lol. what i find funny, is that i am a homer...and only b/c i am pulling for my teams. lets see, since i have been on this board:

1. A&M's football team made a drastic turnaround from las season and beat t.u....and i didn't pick them to do anything insane, i was 1 game off in my prediction

2. USC has been kicking people's asses, there is no reason i shouldn't pick or believe the team could have won the national title the last two years

3. A&M's basketball team was preseason top 15 (if i remember correctly). there is nothing homerish about predicted them to win the big 12 regular season...the came in 2nd by 2 game and beat the winner on their home floor, not to mention were in the driver's seat the last few games

4. the Saints, predicting them to go to the super bowl and lose

5. USC's basketball team, who is in the top 25, saying they will make the tourney and do well this year...they are in 3rd place and battling the 2nd place team today

i am not posting this to say i was close in my, what were considered outlandish predictions, even though i was more correct than anyone thought i would be. but b/c there was nothing homerish about it, they were all feasible and either happened or were damn close. imo, the historically t.u. driven board is not used to having A&M and USC fans on this board.....well, go fuck yourselves. you're not all that...

it was mostly in jest, but there is nothing at all wrong with being a homer for your team. i used to be a big UT homer when i attended the school, but my interest has faded quite a bit. i still watch all i can, but i don't get consumed by it anymore.

leemajors
03-03-2007, 06:51 PM
there isn't anything homerish about those posts. A&M is a better basketball team, they were favored to win and were suppose to. how can those be homer posts?

UT has no chance is a good place to start. just because you fully believe it doesn't mean it's not a homer take.

johngateswhiteley
03-03-2007, 06:53 PM
UT has no chance is a good place to start. just because you fully believe it doesn't mean it's not a homer take.

well, to be fair, not in my wildest dreams did i think 3 starters would foul out...enough is enough already, ya know? yes, A&M is physical, and yes, i understand many of the fouls. that being said, the game in austin was officiated horribly.

Kermit
03-03-2007, 06:57 PM

maybe someone should explain to you the definition of homerism. you lack impartial insight, which is cool. however, your full-tilted stance for everything aggie makes you a homer and your unwillingness to give texas credit for the win makes you the worst kind of homer.

johngateswhiteley
03-03-2007, 07:02 PM
maybe someone should explain to you the definition of homerism. you lack impartial insight, which is cool. however, your full-tilted stance for everything aggie makes you a homer and your unwillingness to give texas credit for the win makes you the worst kind of homer.

no, no, no, and so what? i don't like t.u. shit head, and i do give them credit...when i feel like it. it isn't required for me to t.u. credit, and it isn't required for me to give t.u. credit to make me not a homer. thats the most idiotic thing i have ever heard. t.u. blows...almost as hard as you.

leemajors
03-03-2007, 07:36 PM
well, to be fair, not in my wildest dreams did i think 3 starters would foul out...enough is enough already, ya know? yes, A&M is physical, and yes, i understand many of the fouls. that being said, the game in austin was officiated horribly.

i wasn't speaking about that game in particular, i don't really care if you give UT credit either. i get a kick out of reading your posts while i'm at work, personally.

samikeyp
03-04-2007, 01:26 AM
If anyone is looking for objectivity and non-homerism...a internet message board is the last place you should look. :) Its opinion driven. You are always going to find a whole lot of subjectivity and very little fact. The thing is though...its not required. Besides...is there an actual definition of homer? It varies from person to person. To me, a homer is the guy who shouts "we're #1" when his team is 0-10 but that is just my definition. Not right or wrong...just an opinion.

gtownspur
03-04-2007, 01:58 AM
Soon a day will come when CBF will buy up all the Longwhored merchandise because Michigan And North Carolina will become powerhouses once again, and all the fair weather fans will don either the true blue or baby blue starter gear.

UT fans are the mavericks of College Sports.

samikeyp
03-04-2007, 02:09 AM
So even though I have been a Longhorn fan since birth....I am fairweather?

Wow...I had it all wrong. :smokin

johngateswhiteley
03-04-2007, 03:26 AM
i get a kick out of reading your posts while i'm at work, personally.

really? in what way?

johngateswhiteley
03-04-2007, 03:27 AM
To me, a homer is the guy who shouts "we're #1" when his team is 0-10 but that is just my definition. Not right or wrong...just an opinion.

i agree more with this definition than anyone else's...on this board. although, i don't completely agree with it... :)

johngateswhiteley
03-04-2007, 03:28 AM
So even though I have been a Longhorn fan since birth....I am fairweather?

...yes. :lol

johngateswhiteley
03-04-2007, 03:29 AM
Soon a day will come when CBF will buy up all the Longwhored merchandise because Michigan And North Carolina will become powerhouses once again, and all the fair weather fans will don either the true blue or baby blue starter gear.

UT fans are the mavericks of College Sports.

gear shortage.

gtownspur
03-04-2007, 07:03 PM
gear shortage.

or malfunction in this case. :lol