PDA

View Full Version : Some Cold War Fun...

Nbadan
11-16-2004, 11:42 AM
Nothing like provoking Russia to get peoples minds off of Fallujah while we scrap up the dead Iraqi civilians...

US spy plane spotted flying along Russian border

MOSCOW, November 16 (Itar-Tass) - A plane belonging to the patrol aircraft of the US Navy in the Atlantic Ocean based in Cyprus was spotted when making a reconnaissance flight along the Russian state border above the Black Sea on Monday. A Russian jet Su-27 was sent to intercept the spy plane, the press service of the Russian Air Force said Tuesday.

On November 15 the US spy plane “Orion” had been flying along the Caucasian coast at the altitude of 2,000 meters from 14.48 p.m until 15,44 p.m. Moscow time, beginning from 14.48 p.m. until 15.06 p.m Monday the plane had been moving along the Russian state border at a distance of 10 kilometers off the border. The reconnaissance plane made no answer to questions asked by ground services, the Air Force press service said.

A jet Su- 27 of the 4th Air Force army was sent to intercept the intruder. Afterwards, the spy plane turned away from the border, simultaneously gaining speed and altitude, the press service said.

Last year Su- 27 jets also performed flights with the aim to intercept US reconnaissance planes U-2, the press service said.
(snip/...)

Itar-tass (http://www.itar-tass.com/eng/level2.html?NewsID=1459226&PageNum=0)

Hook Dem
11-16-2004, 11:47 AM
I see you are taking your usual morning dump on the forum Dan! :lol

Useruser666
11-16-2004, 11:55 AM
The US plane in question is hardly a spy plane. Especially when flying 10 miles from the Russian border. Even if the Russian plane would have gotten to it, there is nothing really it could have done. Remember Dan, the cold war is over. Russia is our friend now. Sometimes you act as though you just got out of being frozen with Austin Powers.

gophergeorge
11-16-2004, 03:19 PM
"In God we trust, all others we monitor..."

Hook Dem
11-16-2004, 04:06 PM
"In God we trust, all others we monitor..."
And I sleep a little better at night knowing you are part of the monitoring system GG. Good job man! Some of us appreciate you!

JoeChalupa
11-16-2004, 04:11 PM
I always sleep well at night because I know there are those who say "Nothing is going to harm you on my watch."

Guess I've seen "A Few Good Men" a few too many times. :)

Hook Dem
11-16-2004, 04:16 PM
Nope! You're just a good American Joe! Keep on keeping on.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-16-2004, 04:56 PM
Nothing like provoking Russia to get peoples minds off of Fallujah while we scrap up the dead Iraqi civilians..

Provoking Russia? We did a lot more shit than this during the Cold War, and we're still here.

This kind of thing goes on every day, Russians fly planes out near Alaska all the time too. No one ever provokes anyone, if anything one side scrambles a few fighters who do a little "Top Gun communicating" for a few minutes and call it a day.

In short, shut the hell up Dan.

Nbadan
11-16-2004, 05:21 PM
The US plane in question is hardly a spy plane. Especially when flying 10 miles from the Russian border. Even if the Russian plane would have gotten to it, there is nothing really it could have done. Remember Dan, the cold war is over. Russia is our friend now. Sometimes you act as though you just got out of being frozen with Austin Powers.

From the original article...

On November 15 the US spy plane “Orion” had been flying along the Caucasian coast at the altitude of 2,000 meters from 14.48 p.m until 15,44 p.m. Moscow time, beginning from 14.48 p.m. until 15.06 p.m Monday the plane had been moving along the Russian state border at a distance of 10 kilometers off the border. The reconnaissance plane made no answer to questions asked by ground services, the Air Force press service said.

What part of the article don't you understand?

I thought the cold war was over? Yes, monitoring our enemies is in our own self-interest, but given the current state of relationship between Putin and W you would think that we would do everything necessary to avoid a confrontation. Countries are starting to figure out that if they don't finance the U.S. war machine, because the taxpayers sure aren't, with debt financing, we are nothing but a paper tiger, and anything they do is fair game.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-16-2004, 05:32 PM
given the current state of relationship between Putin and W you would think that we would do everything necessary to avoid a confrontation

I'm convinced you're not really this stupid, that you're just trying to incite posts on this board.

Look dumbass, the US put submarines in the harbors of Russian submarine bases during the Cold War.

We flew U2s and SR-71s over Russia. They even shot one down (U2), and did you see a war start? Fuck no. We said we were sorry, won't do it again, then went out and built the SR-71. Russians fired over 500 SAMs at SR-71s during their missions over Russia, never hit one - it flew too high and their fighers couldn't get up that high to intercept.

Despite all that, no one ever pushed a red button in a bunker somewhere, when they were firing weapons at us, and now you're going postal over some spy plane flying a few miles off the coast over international waters?

Lighten up Francis.

As for Bush and Putin, both are dealing with radical Islam, and as long as they are you won't ever see a spy plane flying off the coast come between them.

Hell, they probably sent a Backfire up towards Alaska within hours that got turned away by F15s, sort of a tit for tat type thing.

You've got a bad habit of making big issue out of non-issues.

Useruser666
11-16-2004, 05:44 PM
From the original article...

What part of the article don't you understand?

I thought the cold war was over? Yes, monitoring our enemies is in our own self-interest, but given the current state of relationship between Putin and W you would think that we would do everything necessary to avoid a confrontation. Countries are starting to figure out that if they don't finance the U.S. war machine, because the taxpayers sure aren't, with debt financing, we are nothing but a paper tiger, and anything they do is fair game.

Dan, I'm sorry but look at your own source! HOLY COW!!!

http://www.itar-tass.com/eng/level2.html?NewsID=1459226&PageNum=0

The Itar-Tass was once a Soviet government controlled media outlet. But I see your point comrade Dan!

Hook Dem
11-16-2004, 08:12 PM
"You've got a bad habit of making big issue out of non-issues." .....Bingo! AHF Nails Dan! :lol