PDA

View Full Version : Radmanovic fined $500K by Lakers for lying about snowboarding

trueD
03-02-2007, 01:06 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nba&id=2784855
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Vladimir Radmanovic's snow job will
cost him some cold cash.

The Los Angeles Lakers fined Radmanovic an undisclosed amount
Thursday for violating his contract by snowboarding, which led to a
separated shoulder injury, the team said.

Radmanovic got hurt on Feb. 17, when he was in Park City, Utah,
during the All-Star break. He is expected to miss two months.

He admitted last week that he lied to the Lakers when he said he
fell on a patch of ice while walking. He apologized to coach Phil
Jackson and general manager Mitch Kupchak.

"We discussed internally among our coach, ownership and
management a variety of disciplinary options and thought that this
was the fairest and most appropriate action," Kupchak said in a
statement.

"We consider this a closed issue now and look forward to
Vlade's return to action where he'll be able to use his talents to
help our team."

Heard an interview with Brian Shaw (assistant coach) late this afternoon, and it was disclosed the fine is a half a million dollars. That should set a good precedent :lol

Kori Ellis
03-02-2007, 01:28 AM
Well they could have voided his contract. So he should be happy with the 500K penalty.

T-Pain
03-02-2007, 01:35 AM
true

Fabbs
03-02-2007, 02:53 AM
Well they could have voided his contract. So he should be happy with the 500K penalty.
No kidding. With what he earns will he still come out ahead, that is to say making money the whole time he is off?
5.2 million a year.
433K a month if paid monthly.
Salary for 2 mo's is 866K
Yet the fine is only 500K
So he profits 366K while he is out?
have i got the math right?

Real punishment.
Poor baby.

ata
03-02-2007, 04:40 AM
I only assume, that because of violating the contract he won't be paid while he won't be able to play + 500K$.

Slomo
03-02-2007, 05:13 AM
I only assume, that because of violating the contract he won't be paid while he won't be able to play + 500K$.I hope you're right. Anything less wouldn't really be a punishement.

Taco
03-02-2007, 08:35 AM
See don't be lying to your team Billy!!!

Purple & Gold
03-02-2007, 12:51 PM
From what I understand it's only 500K not + games missed. It's a class move from ownership. That's why we're the Lakers we take care of our own.

cornbread
03-02-2007, 12:56 PM
See don't be lying to your team Billy!!!
Billy Chenowith? He must have been off his meds again.
http://www.nbadraft.net/actor/bchenowith.jpg

Medvedenko
03-02-2007, 12:57 PM
They should have fined him plus no pay while he's out on injury.

Purple & Gold
03-02-2007, 01:03 PM
They should have fined him plus no pay while he's out on injury.
That's not the Lakers way. It's not like he pulled a Van Exel or a Ceballos. Unless you're planning on voiding the contract there's no reason to make him and future FA's unhappy. I think it's a good move by the Lakers.

Sportcamper
03-02-2007, 01:12 PM
Vladimir Radmanovic has been a complete bust for the Lakers....I wish that they voided his contract & moved on... :smokin

Purple & Gold
03-02-2007, 01:20 PM
Vladimir Radmanovic has been a complete bust for the Lakers....I wish that they voided his contract & moved on... :smokin
I don't know if they could have. It would have been an ugly fight with the players union. They must have thought they couldn't or think Radmanovic can regain his shooting form. Hopefully he can find it while he's out. I think a lot of it might be mental.

ShackO
03-02-2007, 04:35 PM
How is he going to find it while he is out........?? If he is healthy enough then shouldn't he be playing???

The only thing he could find that is going to help is looking in the phone book under therapist......

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
03-02-2007, 05:12 PM
Retarded that he gets a bigger fine for snowboarding than players do for getting arrested... or what not.

Did he end up fessing up? or did they find out it was from snowboarding before he fessed up?

Kori Ellis
03-02-2007, 05:14 PM
Retarded that he gets a bigger fine for snowboarding than players do for getting arrested... or what not.

Did he end up fessing up? or did they find out it was from snowboarding before he fessed up?

He confessed I believe.

Purple & Gold
03-02-2007, 06:34 PM
The only thing he could find that is going to help is looking in the phone book under therapist......
If that's what it takes then yeah he needs to starts looking quick.

ShackO
03-02-2007, 08:03 PM
Why haven't you gone over the the Kings forum and stomped on some haters yet???

Purple & Gold
03-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Why haven't you gone over the the Kings forum and stomped on some haters yet???
I went over there and checked it out. Pretty dead over there. It's where Queens fans go to die.

ShackO
03-02-2007, 08:30 PM
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

That is why I am inviting you over.................

Stir it up...........

Kick a few corpse and see what come up.............

mqywaaah
03-02-2007, 11:36 PM
What a classy move by LA not to void his contract. Vlade must have felt real guilty for having lied about it, and still the Lakers gave him some sort of special treatment. They must've really liked him...

Fabbs
05-03-2007, 05:50 AM
LA Times reported snowboarding was specifically not allowed per his contract.

Since Radman was deactivated after Gm 1 vs Phx and didn't even play in that game, wondering why the Lakers decided to only fine him $500K and let his 30 million dollar contract stand?

http://www.latimes.com/sports/printedition/la-sp-lakerep24feb24,1,4247539.story?coll=la-headlines-pe-sports